The old man will pulled it out! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The old man will pulled it out!

LLeytonRules
09-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Agassi will beat Federer tomorrow.I think Federer cost himself the championship today.Agassi is very wll fit and played first and that will pay divident.Plus Federer hasnt had a dominant performance with the exception of Nalbandian who basically gave up.

federer express
09-10-2005, 10:31 PM
jeeeeeesus...

agassi wasn't at all fit! he had to almost concede the 4th set. you think he can afford to concede sets against federer, a man who owns him recently?!!

LLeytonRules
09-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Federer was awful today, and he is lazy and Andre will punish him tomorrow.

Tennis Fool
09-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Too bad this final isn't going to be a night match.

oneandonlyhsn
09-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Agassi will beat Federer tomorrow.I think Federer cost himself the championship today.Agassi is very wll fit and played first and that will pay divident.Plus Federer hasnt had a dominant performance with the exception of Nalbandian who basically gave up.

Honey why do you always post these kinds of threads about Fed :confused: then you complain about Fed fans

rofe
09-10-2005, 10:39 PM
:haha: at this thread.

Wishful thinking. Fed was playing horrible and Hewitt took it to him and still lost.

federer express
09-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Honey why do you always post these kinds of threads about Fed :confused: then you complain about Fed fans

i wonder if most of the posters here even watch tennis!

oneandonlyhsn
09-10-2005, 10:46 PM
i wonder if most of the posters here even watch tennis!

I'm inclined to agree with you

R.Federer
09-10-2005, 10:46 PM
I hope youre not just say that because leyton loses

andre did not play very well himself --got taken to 5 by ginepri, who is hardly a top player (yet)

R.Federer
09-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Pretty funny no, that Federer can play "awful" and be
"lazy" and still beat leyton ??? That says a lot about how much more "awful" must leyton have played

Blaze

andre did not play very well himself --got taken to 5 by ginepri, who is hardly a top player (yet)

And was also tired as hell

mishar
Wasn't there a thread like this about Nalbandian beating Federer? And another one asserting that Hewitt would definitely beat Federer?

Hmmm...

Agassi has a shot but he's got to be a little tired. Maybe the crowd will him thru.

Fed has to lose a final one day, right? But I wouldn't bet on tomorrow.

Fergie
09-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Roger will play better tomorrow, don't worry :angel:

Flibbertigibbet
09-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Man, I feel sorry for Lleyton if Federer is playing this awfully and lazily. Very sorry. Same with Nalbandian, Kiefer, Santoro, Rochus, and Minar. :eek:

rue
09-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Federer is still yet to play his best tennis and tomorrow is the best time to do so. If he plays kinda the same way as he did today, then Andre has got a chance. The reason why Hewitt lost is because he does not have as much fire power and as big a serve as Agassi possess. It should be a good match and hopefully the old man pulls it off.

lunahielo
09-10-2005, 11:00 PM
We'll see................ :rolls: :rolls:

LLeytonRules
09-10-2005, 11:19 PM
I am serious, i was happy with LLeyton's performance, i am not mad that he lost, he went out fighting this time.

I just think like someone said that Agassi has more firepower and if Federer plays like he did today, it will be a competitive match.

Dont forget, the whole crowd will be with Agassi, i wanna see how Federer handles that.

niko
09-10-2005, 11:21 PM
What I'm going to say will probably shock you, but I think this USO is fixed. I hope I'm wrong. Agassi will beat Roger tomorow, you will not recognize Roger, it'll be his worse performance you've ever seen. Don't get me wrong I don't think that Andre is good enough at his age to beat Roger, but like I said I have a feeling USO win would be a great finish for Andre to retire. I know guys you think I'm nuts. :)

LLeytonRules
09-10-2005, 11:24 PM
huh, fixed in what way?U telling me Roger will let Agassi win?

rofe
09-10-2005, 11:26 PM
I am serious, i was happy with LLeyton's performance, i am not mad that he lost, he went out fighting this time.

I just think like someone said that Agassi has more firepower and if Federer plays like he did today, it will be a competitive match.

Big IF. His 22 final winning streak is a big hinderance to Agassi winning. Try to guess why. I will give you a hint. It has something to do with his level of play.

Dont forget, the whole crowd will be with Agassi, i wanna see how Federer handles that.

Been there. Done that. Last year's QF.

In fact many predicted that Fed would not win last year because he was also uncomfortable with night matches.

The key is whether he really wants to win or not. If he wants to win his 6th GS (and I think he does), he will win.

DDrago2
09-10-2005, 11:34 PM
What I'm going to say will probably shock you, but I think this USO is fixed.

I think that even Matress Mac could not work that out on a grand slam.

niko
09-10-2005, 11:40 PM
huh, fixed in what way?U telling me Roger will let Agassi win?
Why not? :devil:

andre the great
09-11-2005, 12:26 AM
He won't. Fed wants as many slams as he can get. Just cos his unbeatable at the moment doesn't necessarily mean his gauranteed to keep winning slams. Injuries, loss of form , the emergence of a credible challenger could strike.So he will grab his chances when they are in front of him. Look at Serena she has lost her aura of total dominance since her injury

R.Federer
09-11-2005, 12:36 AM

Then how are you saying that Roge played "awful" ?? Is leyton playing SO BAD that an "Awful" performance by Roge is enough to beat him?

We understand --you were pissed off leyton loses. But there is no point contradicting yourself now, "awful" performance by "lazy" Roge... yeah sure, you came out happy from this match

R.Federer
09-11-2005, 12:45 AM

Q. The occasion tomorrow, Andre Agassi, 35, you being the world No. 1, it's probably going to be as one sided a crowd as you can probably get in this sort of arena. Do you expect that to have any bearing on your own attitude out there? Do you think you're going to be able to cope with that?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah. No problem (smiling).
I'm not feared at all from that. Davis Cup is tough. I've experienced a lot throughout my career, I have the feeling. So it shouldn't be a problem (smiling).

Allez Roge :yeah:

TenHound
09-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Niko, you have Courage to publicly suggest that. Do you remember the last Pete-AA final? Do you remember the AA-Hewitt semi? Talk about whispers in the locker room that it would be to Hewitt's career advantage - "for the good of the game" - to let AA win, so "we could have one last Pete-AA final. I would have bet the farm there were pre-match suggestions there. I was remembering that after the semis today. Asked myself how far away we are from arranged finals in Majors. I didn't answer myself.

And that doesn't even get into the organized crime issue - at least I'm guessing that it doesn't, but I'd be the last to know.

In any event I would join you in saying that we are no longer in the days when it can be assumed a priori that preferable outcomes are not discussed/arranged in advance. Or maybe we never were. We don't know.

spencercarlos
09-11-2005, 05:39 AM

Cincy this year semi Ginepri barely lost to Federer 4-6 7-5 6-4, proving that he is playing very well

IMMORTALCHAMP
09-11-2005, 07:03 AM
He won't. Fed wants as many slams as he can get. Just cos his unbeatable at the moment doesn't necessarily mean his gauranteed to keep winning slams. Injuries, loss of form , the emergence of a credible challenger could strike.So he will grab his chances when they are in front of him. Look at Serena she has lost her aura of total dominance since her injury

Hingis is a perfect example.

WF4EVER
09-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Niko, you have Courage to publicly suggest that. Do you remember the last Pete-AA final? Do you remember the AA-Hewitt semi? Talk about whispers in the locker room that it would be to Hewitt's career advantage - "for the good of the game" - to let AA win, so "we could have one last Pete-AA final. I would have bet the farm there were pre-match suggestions there. I was remembering that after the semis today. Asked myself how far away we are from arranged finals in Majors. I didn't answer myself.

And that doesn't even get into the organized crime issue - at least I'm guessing that it doesn't, but I'd be the last to know.

In any event I would join you in saying that we are no longer in the days when it can be assumed a priori that preferable outcomes are not discussed/arranged in advance. Or maybe we never were. We don't know.

But there was even a suggestion of that in Roger's interview! The interview asked him some jackass question about putting tennis aside, what would be the sentimental ending to this tournament, something like that. As if he wanted Roger to say he'd like to see Agassi win. I was wondering if this guy was an idiot or thought Roger to be one to prefer Andre to win over him because he's their sentimental favourite, 35 years old and American. Not only that someone on this board even suggested that Andre has always been very helpful to the tournament, had played there for 20 years and had a good relationship with the organizers. So what? He should be made to earn the title just like everyone else who showed up on day 1.

I applaud some players for just holding their tongue when they're asked stupid questions. I found this to be quite an insult to Roger. Did he come to New York to give matches away? What is wrong with these fools?

Gawd, I hope Roger wins this title authoritatively and just shuts up these people with their ignorant questions.

I have found that at this tournament the reporters and commentators, but especially these American reporters are seriously lacking in tact, or is it proper training. They have insulted many a player by asking questions that were just out of place and seemed carved to make the Americans seem superior to them. It's like they don't know how to treat guests; they just try to make the players feel bad or hopeless because they're in the USO, in an atmosphere that is probably too much for them.

Much like what was said about Fed last year by John Mcenroe. That he couldn't win the USO because he wasn't ready for that big a win, because he had never done very well there, because he couldn't handle the crowd, etc. etc.

If the idea in that interview was to plant any seeds of doubt in Federer's mind, I hope the tree that sprouts is the one that will smother them all with a deliberate and methodical spanking of Agassi's ass.