Roger attends fashion week during middle of USO [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger attends fashion week during middle of USO

nobama
09-10-2005, 01:22 AM
I thought he was all business during slams. Maybe he's really confident, or is just so obsessed with fashion right now. At least he knows how to dress. I like Mirka and all, but I think her dress sense is lacking. :unsure:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/jsnash/rfederer_fashion.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/jsnash/rfederer_fashion1.jpg

PamV
09-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Well he had some 3 days off so I suppose he had to do something.

R.Federer
09-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Good to relax and do something other than tennis

HappyAndie
09-10-2005, 01:34 AM
I am surprised that they let her in with that horrible outfit on...

It's pretty scary when you figure that you know she put a lot of thought into that outfit!

Roger looks nice. I wish the picture was bigger so that I could see his outfit better.

Corey Feldman
09-10-2005, 01:35 AM
"Roger Federer, Naeem Khan and Guest"

agknowledge Mirka damn it :p

nobama
09-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Well he had some 3 days off so I suppose he had to do something.No this was today, not last week!

nobama
09-10-2005, 02:00 AM
I am surprised that they let her in with that horrible outfit on...

It's pretty scary when you figure that you know she put a lot of thought into that outfit!

Roger looks nice. I wish the picture was bigger so that I could see his outfit better.Considering some of the stuff they parade down the runway her outfit's probably not so bad...you have to wonder though before the leave their hotel if he tells her she looks great (I'm just referring to wardrobe here).

oneandonlyhsn
09-10-2005, 02:01 AM
Mirka that skirt is :tape:

Roger :hearts: nice

wcr
09-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Three cheers for Mirka for her fashion influence on Roger. Frankly, I quite like seeing a tennis player show up in a Prada suit instead of sweats. How refreshing.

mangoes
09-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Roger looks really nice........................MIRKA???? Someone needs to give this girl a class in fashion.

wcr
09-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Roger looks really nice........................MIRKA???? Someone needs to give this girl a class in fashion.

Mirka's got a much better sense of fashion than you might think, especially when it comes to redesigning Roger's wardrobe as she's done. In fact, her outfit in the picture is just fine. Very European. What needs work is the size of her waistline. She's a beautiful woman and it would be good to see her get back into better shape. She's not the only woman in the world that thinks her boyfriend is a knockout.

nobama
09-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Three cheers for Mirka for her fashion influence on Roger. Frankly, I quite like seeing a tennis player show up in a Prada suit instead of sweats. How refreshing.Well she certainly has better fashion influence on him that herself. Although that shirt he wore to the Men's Vogue party was :tape:
http://www.style.com/slideshows/parties/082705MENV/07m.jpg

mangoes
09-10-2005, 02:14 AM
Mirka's got a much better sense of fashion than you might think, especially when it comes to redesigning Roger's wardrobe as she's done. In fact, her outfit in the picture is just fine. Very European. What needs work is the size of her waistline. She's a beautiful woman and it would be good to see her get back into better shape. She's not the only woman in the world that thinks her boyfriend is a knockout.

Just from observing Mirka's choices in dress ware, I highly doubt she is the reason for the change in Roger's wardrobe. Roger has started dressing differently as of late and he has been with her for a couple of years. Heck, I'd more believe his mom had something to do with the change, she always looks by far nicer than Mirka. But this is a tennis forum so I guess we can't go into fashion too much.

Oh and her outfit sucks and I have a few European girlfriends that would agree with me. And since I've been on that side of the world a couple of times, it still sucks.......................but her choice, once she is happy.

nobama
09-10-2005, 02:17 AM
Mirka's got a much better sense of fashion than you might think, especially when it comes to redesigning Roger's wardrobe as she's done. In fact, her outfit in the picture is just fine. Very European. What needs work is the size of her waistline. She's a beautiful woman and it would be good to see her get back into better shape. She's not the only woman in the world that thinks her boyfriend is a knockout.Well cheers to her if she's getting him to dress like this off court. I like the fact he's into designer clothes. I like that much better than the Andy Roddick uniform of jeans and Lacoste polo shirt. But her fashion sense needs a bit of work...starting with wearing things that don't show off/draw your attention to the bad parts.

mangoes
09-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Well cheers to her if she's getting him to dress like this off court. I like the fact he's into designer clothes. I like that much better than the Andy Roddick uniform of jeans and Lacoste polo shirt. But her fashion sense needs a bit of work...starting with wearing things that don't show off/draw your attention to the bad parts.

Andy has been making a couple of changes too...................lololol......

If I had to guess, I'd say Roger had a little meeting with a stylist...............which I think is great..............he really looks good as of late.

HappyAndie
09-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Poor Mirka :(

She tried so hard to look slimmer with the monochromatic look, and it just went all wrong and made her look dumpy. Someone should tell her that it isn't the color; it is the cut of the item that is slimming!

Roger probably did "love" her outfit.

wcr
09-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Just from observing Mirka's choices in dress ware, I highly doubt she is the reason for the change in Roger's wardrobe. Roger has started dressing differently as of late and he has been with her for a couple of years. Heck, I'd more believe his mom had something to do with the change, she always looks by far nicer than Mirka. But this is a tennis forum so I guess we can't go into fashion too much.

Oh and her outfit sucks and I have a few European girlfriends that would agree with me. And since I've been on that side of the world a couple of times, it still sucks.......................but her choice, once she is happy.

There have been interviews published about her influence over Roger's wardrobe. She's the one who has done the research for him and turned him around. He's joked about the two blue sweaters and jeans he owned when he met her. They've had help from Miuccia Prada herself but Mirka's the one who has taken Roger in that direction. Her figure now isn't one that can pull off any item. The blouse/skirt she has on in the picture is beautiful but it doesn't flatter her figure. And, she might not care.

HappyAndie
09-10-2005, 02:31 AM
She may very well be a huge influence on Roger's wardrobe. She probably just knows a lot more about men's clothing than women's clothiing. Just because she can't dress herself doesn't mean she can't dress Roger. That also boils down to confidence in her body, as well.

PaulieM
09-10-2005, 03:00 AM
roger keeps looking better and better. don't love the shirt from the vogue party but other than that he has pretty good style. mirka might very well help him with his clothes but sometimes it's easier to dress others than yourself.

Sweet Girl
09-10-2005, 03:32 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!Roger looks :hearts: :hearts: .....man, I dont know about you, but I think that Roger is soooooooooo sexy! and charming! :inlove:
Poor Mirka, I really like her, but she looks a little fat.... :rolleyes:
When this pic with Lindsay Lohan was taken? Yeasterday too? God, this girl is in all the parties...she never sleeps... :eek:

Iheartandy&roger
09-10-2005, 04:36 AM
Lmao that's awesome that Rogi took some time to go make a visit to fashion week!

TenHound
09-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Bets that the Fashion deal was a fund raiser. Mirka's in a bind. She's a sporty type person, not the sort of personality for whom they design that hideous "high fashion" trash. Males aren't forced to be screen onto which crazy guys project all of their bullshit, so Roger doesn't have that problem. I suspect Mirka's weight might in part be an expression of her rejection of the role of "sex object" to Alpha Male. (Also, she may have just bloated up from b.c. pills.) In fact, I think I'd cringe, if she showed up looking like she fit into that trash. When I saw Blake's girlfriend, my respect for him plummeted.

binkygirl
09-10-2005, 09:07 AM

Is there a medical reason why she has gotten so chubby? Her thyroid perhaps? Did she retire from the women's tour for health reasons?

nobama
09-10-2005, 09:11 AM
What's wrong with Blake's girlfriend?

binkygirl
09-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Bets that the Fashion deal was a fund raiser. Mirka's in a bind. She's a sporty type person, not the sort of personality for whom they design that hideous "high fashion" trash. Males aren't forced to be screen onto which crazy guys project all of their bullshit, so Roger doesn't have that problem. I suspect Mirka's weight might in part be an expression of her rejection of the role of "sex object" to Alpha Male. (Also, she may have just bloated up from b.c. pills.) In fact, I think I'd cringe, if she showed up looking like she fit into that trash. When I saw Blake's girlfriend, my respect for him plummeted.

Agreed.

sigmagirl91
09-10-2005, 10:54 AM
OK....I just love the stuff Roger has on (except, of course, for that multi-colored disaster). They're appropriate for his build, coloring, and personality. Mirka? No, honey....that outfit is neither appropriate or flattering. Take it off this instant!!!

1sun
09-10-2005, 11:01 AM
wel he went to some charity thing during wimbledon, and it didnt effect him there, so im not too worried, about the clothes? doesnt bother me as long as he performs on the match court

sigmagirl91
09-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Roger can attend a fashion show...I think it was great for him to circulate among personalities in other fields, just to get himself out there. I say the attendance at the fashion show was a "master stroke" for him.

Mrs. B
09-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Mirka? No, honey....that outfit is neither appropriate or flattering. Take it off this instant!!!

:lol:

avocadoe
09-10-2005, 12:33 PM
:lol:

Maybe Roger is chocolate and that is why Mirka has gained some weight :)

Really, she's not obese, just about 10 pounds overweight, probably due to so much stress, if Roger won his matches 1-4-1, she'd drop the weight asap...someone saw him practicing with Mirka before the US Open and she looked healthy and moved well. I guess I'm standing alone, but I don't think her outfit's so bad :)

Oh Roger looks fab...I think its fine he had something funor else to do on one of his days off.

Mrs. B
09-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Maybe Roger is chocolate and that is why Mirka has gained some weight :)

lucky lucky girl! :lick:

Pea
09-10-2005, 03:19 PM
And "guest". Poor Mirka.:o And she doesn't look as overweight as people seem to go on about.:confused: :kiss:

nobama
09-10-2005, 03:46 PM
And "guest". Poor Mirka.:o And she doesn't look as overweight as people seem to go on about.:confused: :kiss:No she's not. But she doesn't wear clothes that are flattering, that hide the bad parts. Case in point:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/JFarago/Mirka2.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/JFarago/Mirka4.jpg

Pea
09-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Haw haw. I think she looks cute.:p

Mrs. B
09-10-2005, 04:22 PM
here's Mirka taken two years ago here in Bern,

http://tennishack12.bravepages.com/mrsbrfpics/Mirka.jpg

and Roger. it was 3 days after he lost to Lleyton during the Davis Cup in Melbourne

http://tennishack12.bravepages.com/mrsbrfpics/Roger1.jpg

sigmagirl91
09-10-2005, 04:23 PM
No she's not. But she doesn't wear clothes that are flattering, that hide the bad parts. Case in point:

Oh, girlie, take that off!! That is soooo unflattering. A bigger shirt, please.

Lee
09-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Mirka really lets her middle goes. Poor girl, too busy to manage all those tedious businesses for Federer that she doesn't have much time to exercise herself.

sigmagirl91
09-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Mirka really lets her middle goes. Poor girl, too busy to manage all those tedious businesses for Federer that she doesn't have much time to exercise herself.

Mirka, lay off the doughnuts and chocolates please.

oneandonlyhsn
09-10-2005, 07:14 PM
I hope Mirka goes back to dark hair, I think she looks more exotic as a brunette.

Corey Feldman
09-10-2005, 07:17 PM
http://tennishack12.bravepages.com/mrsbrfpics/Roger1.jpgbring back the pony tail roger!!

alelysafina
09-10-2005, 07:35 PM
I think Mirka looks good in the first outfit, it looks really cute.

About her weight, she's been a tennis player for most of her life and now that she doesn't have to be a tennis player, doesn't have to watch what she eats, how much she exercises or worry about anything like that, I think that she has a right to let loose and eat whatever she wants.

And, If she feels comfortable and confident wearing whatever the heck she wants to, and doesn't have some superficial playboy, but a man by her side who obviously loves her for who she is, the all the more power to her. :worship:

tangerine_dream
09-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I :hearts: that shirt Roger is wearing.

YoursTruly
09-10-2005, 08:39 PM

Mirka is a vacation compared to many. Are you prepared to see an example of a girl desperately needing a class in fashion? You want to see a tragedy? Her name is Serena Williams. :spit:

oneandonlyhsn
09-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Mirka is a vacation compared to many. Are you prepared to see an example of a girl desperately needing a class in fashion? You want to see a tragedy? Her name is Serena Williams. :spit:

:rolls:

alfonsojose
09-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Well she certainly has better fashion influence on him that herself. Although that shirt he wore to the Men's Vogue party was :tape:
Who's that slut?

JeNn
09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Who's that slut?

it looks like Lindsay Lohan :eek:

alfonsojose
09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
I think Mirka looks good in the first outfit, it looks really cute.

About her weight, she's been a tennis player for most of her life and now that she doesn't have to be a tennis player, doesn't have to watch what she eats, how much she exercises or worry about anything like that, I think that she has a right to let loose and eat whatever she wants.

And, If she feels comfortable and confident wearing whatever the heck she wants to, and doesn't have some superficial playboy, but a man by her side who obviously loves her for who she is, the all the more power to her. :worship:
Yevgeny is her personal trainer ... eat, eat, and spent Roger's money :tape:

alfonsojose
09-10-2005, 11:50 PM
it looks like Lindsay Lohan :eek:
Yes. Maybe Mirka and Whore Lohan were exchangin' diet tips .. They both need changes quickly :tape:

JeNn
09-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Yevgeny is her personal trainer ... eat, eat, and spent Roger's money :tape:

And you know the rumours about Yevgeny ;) If Roger isn't satisfying her with his little one....

alfonsojose
09-10-2005, 11:54 PM
And you know the rumours about Yevgeny ;) If Roger isn't satisfying her with his little one....
:lol: :devil: I think that's a deal .. "i don't care if Lleyton bangs u in the locker room. Yevgeny will be my trainer and i'll be quiet, clapping and lauging at every match" ;)

Lee
09-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Yes. Maybe Mirka and Whore Lohan were exchangin' diet tips .. They both need changes quickly :tape:

:lol: Lindsay Lohan, the girl in Freaky Friday. Talk about changing or exchanging.

JeNn
09-11-2005, 12:05 AM
:lol: :devil: I think that's a deal .. "i don't care if Lleyton bangs u in the locker room. Yevgeny will be my trainer and i'll be quiet, clapping and lauging at every match" ;)

They're both getting satisfied by a BIG man :angel:

binkygirl
09-11-2005, 05:47 AM
No she's not. But she doesn't wear clothes that are flattering, that hide the bad parts. Case in point:

Goodness, where did you get those photos? Poor girl.

alfonsojose
11-23-2005, 05:46 PM
:eek: OMFG, she can't jump on the rebound ace at AO. She'll jump out of Melbourne :lol:

DrJules
11-23-2005, 07:58 PM
I sense female posters on this board jealous of Mirka. :inlove:

Hagar
11-24-2005, 08:02 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!Roger looks :hearts: :hearts: .....man, I dont know about you, but I think that Roger is soooooooooo sexy! and charming! :inlove:

Roger is getting sexier by the day. It becomes almost unbearable to watch him. :D

TheMightyFed
11-24-2005, 08:24 AM
OMG, plane food, hotel food, that's a carnage on Mirka....

MariaV
11-24-2005, 09:00 AM
:eek: OMFG, she can't jump on the rebound ace at AO. She'll jump out of Melbourne :lol:
:haha: :haha: :haha:

atptennis
11-24-2005, 09:06 AM
hope she can get back in shape

almouchie
11-24-2005, 09:33 AM
she (Mirka) definitely has had a great impact on Federer in all walks & areas of his life. she gets stick sometimes for undue reasons. who should care about her waist line except roger himself & he seems to be more mature than to let things like that mother him.
she has manged his affairs & the like with great ability.
best way to unwind is to get away from the same circle of surrounding. must have been good for them to escape to a fashion show during US open

Bertuska
11-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Wow Roger looks really nice!!
I like Mirka very much, but her clothes are horrible :confused:

artlinkletter
11-24-2005, 05:50 PM
That skirt that Mirka is wearing in the first picture is actually the same skirt Oprah wore on one of her shows a couple of months ago. I remember thinking how great she looked in it. It really is a nice skirt, but you need a waist to be able to wear it. Mirka, her waist is practically the same size as her hip, thats why she looks horrible in it. Plus the choice of shirt to wear with it was a bad one.

Sugar Kane
11-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Watch your language :lol: