Are you bored of Federer? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Are you bored of Federer?

konyalikartal
09-09-2005, 06:58 AM
I am extremely bored with this crap. He is playing extremely well I admit it but his existence is not good for tennis fans except Federer fans of course because he is losing only on the clay court tournaments. Other than that he is winning every tournament he enters. For example I probably won't watch the semifinals and the final in this year's U.S OPEN because the winner will be him by beating "come on!!!" Hewitt 6-3/6-4/6-1 and grandfather Agassi:) 6-2/6-4/6-3 with some boring matches because he can beat them even one-handed:) I claim that he is more dominant than last year's Michael Schumacher on F1. Even Schumacher let some other winners last year. Also other ATP players except Nadal are responsible for this situation because they don't believe they can beat him. They may be wright because of the H2H record against him but they should believe I think. Only Nadal believes he can beat him that's why I'm a fan of him. (Even a consistent Safin believes beating him is near impossible) I hope he improves himself in the hardcourts and later in grass so we can see some good matches between them. But for other players (we can say except a consistent Safin) the situation is getting worse and I don't think it will be better. Among the players near his age don't have any chance of beating him. It will be the young players that is going to beat him when they become matured. What are your thoughts?

jenanun
09-09-2005, 07:01 AM
its just like non nadal fans is bored of nadal playing on clay....

federer is great, but yes i m bored of him....

oneandonlyhsn
09-09-2005, 07:04 AM
:rolleyes: then sod off and wait for clay season and in the mean time watch something else like golf quit bitching like a baby

JMG
09-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Of course tennis would be more exciting and interesting without him, but unfortunately we can't change it. :sad: I just try to do something else than watching tennis when Federer is playing.

D-man
09-09-2005, 07:13 AM
^^ Hewitt fans sign in ^^

No, I'm bored of everyone else, I wish they'd all play like Federer, now that would be exciting.

RonE
09-09-2005, 07:15 AM
Am I bored of Federer? Nowhere near as bored as I am of threads such as this one...

oneandonlyhsn
09-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Am I bored of Federer? Nowhere near as bored as I am of threads such as this one...

:wavey: welcome back RonE, gotta love the trolls on MTF

^^ Hewitt fans sign in ^^

No, I'm bored of everyone else, I wish they'd all play like Federer, now that would be exciting.

Now that would be better, why should Fed lower his level so that the rest can win :cuckoo:

Tennis Fool
09-09-2005, 07:46 AM
It depends on if you like the player dominating. For instance, if this was Andy, I couldn't deal with it. Can you imagine having to see those Mojo ads all tennis season :o Well, I somehow survived the Pete years (yuck) but that's because women's tennis was better when he was dominating.

zimzim
09-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Yes its borrrrring when one player wins almost everything.

MissMoJo
09-09-2005, 07:48 AM
didn't see this thread coming....but you know what's really boring? redundant threads :yawn:

doublebackhand
09-09-2005, 07:56 AM
so its federer's fault he is playing far better than anyone else is capable? u guys would prefer a lower level of play just becoz there will be more 'champions'? what kinda logic is this? why dont u guys go watch any recreational league games?

Castafiore
09-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Now that would be better, why should Fed lower his level so that the rest can win :cuckoo:Before you wave the :cuckoo: smilie:
The poster did not imply that Federer should lower his level but she/he said "I wish they'd all play like Federer".
That's actually a compliment and not a slur.

Domination in any sort of sport tends to be boring for a lot of people except if that sports person happens to be your favorite.
Many people hated the Merckx domination, the Hinault domination, the Indurain domination, the Sampras domination, the Armstrong domination, the Schumacher domination and some people don't like the Federer domination.
Is that a reason to tell the original poster to "sod off"? I can understand that you have a problem with threads like this but can't you come up with something positive to say about Federer instead?

I'm a bit of a Schumi fan but I found last year boring as hell. Don't get me wrong, I like to see him winning but I prefered the years with Damon Hill or with Hakkinnen when they offered him a tough rivalry.

Peta Pan
09-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Yep I'm bored but I won't go on about it. Just for the record though, if one of my favourites was the one dominating yes I would get bored with that too. I just don't enjoy dominance.... but it doesn't last forever. Schumacher is pretty much nothing this year afterall.

bad gambler
09-09-2005, 08:12 AM
all good things will eventually come to an end, federer won't dominate forever

even if you are not a fan, you have to admire his skill and ability on a tennis court - it's once in a generation stuff

megadeth
09-09-2005, 08:13 AM
i think it's good for the game in a way of seeing if he'll beat the record books (aka: sampras)

oneandonlyhsn
09-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Before you wave the :cuckoo: smilie:
The poster did not imply that Federer should lower his level but she/he said "I wish they'd all play like Federer".

Domination in any sort of sport tends to be boring for a lot of people except if that sports person happens to be your favorite.
Many people hated the Mercks domination, the Hinault domination, the Indurain domination, the Sampras domination, the Armstrong domination, the Schumacher domination and some people don't like the Federer domination.
Is that a reason to tell the original poster to "sod off"? I can understand that you have a problem with threads like this but can't you come up with something positive to say about Federer instead?

I'm a bit of a Schumi fan but I found last year boring as hell. Don't get me wrong, I like to see him winning but I prefered the years with Damon Hill or with Hakkinnen when they offered him a tough rivalry.

I know what the poster meant, and my using the :cuckoo: has eveything to do with level of play going down so that there is more competition. I am sick of these threads, but I guess you are more level headed than I am :shrug: so kudos to you

I'm happy to live in a time where I have the chance to see a legend in the making. Enough said

jayrhum
09-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Each time I get to see a Federer's match, I consider myself lucky to witness his genius. Genius can't bore me.

Mrs. B
09-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Each time I get to see a Federer's match, I consider myself lucky to witness his genius. Genius can't bore me.

:yeah:

the match between Santoro and Roger was so boring the NY crowd had to do the wave to make it exciting. :p

Castafiore
09-09-2005, 08:47 AM
to do with level of play going down so that there is more competition
Well, I interpreted the original post as a wish for others to step up to his level rather than for Federer to step down.

if you are not a fan, you have to admire his skill and ability on a tennis court - it's once in a generation stuff
Yep. I love the tough matches and Federer is rarely challenged but you have got to admire his talent.
During the Wimbledon match, I was wishing for Roddick to come up with some answers so that we would actually have a match but at the same time, I was gobsmacked at times by the level of play of Roger.

Xmanfan
09-09-2005, 08:47 AM
"If you're bored of Federer you're bored of life"!

MariaV
09-09-2005, 08:52 AM
all good things will eventually come to an end, federer won't dominate forever

even if you are not a fan, you have to admire his skill and ability on a tennis court - it's once in a generation stuff
Totally agree. :)

andre the great
09-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Not bored of the Fed. But his play against Nalby was so bloody good it was almost frightening.

jrm
09-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Not really - because there are a lot of players near him in the rankings i cannot stand (Nadal, Hewitt, Coria) so he comes in handy :lol:

alexito
09-09-2005, 09:33 AM
yesssssssssssssss
federer bored bored boredddddddddddddddd
the atp is bored

Carlita
09-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Nooooooooooo how can you get bored of such a BRILLIANT:worship: player??

He forces the rest of the guys to give their all! Otherwise they know they won't beat him! So everyone shows us their best tennis!!! :clap2:

So as soon as someone is showing brilliant tennis.....he's boring? We all want to see great tennis don't we? Not Roger's fault if the rest can't keep up with him or play at his level!

I think Rafa might challange him in a few years....he's still young, got a lot to learn! (thank heavens)

:yeah: Roger, you're brilliant! :worship:

Jimnik
09-09-2005, 09:49 AM
I know what the poster meant, and my using the :cuckoo: has eveything to do with level of play going down so that there is more competition. I am sick of these threads, but I guess you are more level headed than I am :shrug: so kudos to you

I'm happy to live in a time where I have the chance to see a legend in the making. Enough said
It has nothing to do with the "level of play going down". As the original post said, it's not Federer's fault it's Hewitt, Roddick, Safin etc.. These people aren't providing adequate competition.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Im bored...theres no point watching his matches coz you'l know who will win...:yawn: :zzz:

Jimnik
09-09-2005, 10:05 AM
I am extremely bored with this crap. He is playing extremely well I admit it but his existence is not good for tennis fans except Federer fans of course because he is losing only on the clay court tournaments. Other than that he is winning every tournament he enters. For example I probably won't watch the semifinals and the final in this year's U.S OPEN because the winner will be him by beating "come on!!!" Hewitt 6-3/6-4/6-1 and grandfather Agassi:) 6-2/6-4/6-3 with some boring matches because he can beat them even one-handed:) I claim that he is more dominant than last year's Michael Schumacher on F1. Even Schumacher let some other winners last year. Also other ATP players except Nadal are responsible for this situation because they don't believe they can beat him. They may be wright because of the H2H record against him but they should believe I think. Only Nadal believes he can beat him that's why I'm a fan of him. (Even a consistent Safin believes beating him is near impossible) I hope he improves himself in the hardcourts and later in grass so we can see some good matches between them. But for other players (we can say except a consistent Safin) the situation is getting worse and I don't think it will be better. Among the players near his age don't have any chance of beating him. It will be the young players that is going to beat him when they become matured. What are your thoughts?
I know exactly what you mean.
In the late 90s I really started getting into F1, following every race and reading every article. It reached its peak in 1999, when there were 4 drivers who could have won the world title - it was so wide open. But then the following year, Schumacher started to win every single bloody race :yawn:

I then switched my attentions to tennis because, with Sampras getting old, there was no player who was completely dominating. Hewitt was world no.1 but he was certainly not winning everything. It reached its peak in 2003, when, come the end of the year, there were 3 young players in contention for that world no.1 spot - Federer, Ferrero and Roddick. I thought this would be a sign of things to come - we'd have 3 great players, over the next few years, battling it out for the grand slams. And with Hewitt and Safin coming back next year, things would get even better.

You just have to hold your hands up to Federer :bowdown: The guy has turned out to be untouchable.

buddyholly
09-09-2005, 10:11 AM
I almost gave up SCUBA diving because the oceans are almost dead. Then I decided that you have to make the best of what is available. There are still lots of little creatures in the ocean. They may not give you an adrenalin rush, but they can be fascinating if you take the time. So, I do not expect an adrenalin rush when Federer plays, but I do get satisfaction from watching him make shots that no-one else can. Forget the scoreboard and watch the fine points.
Next year there might even be the possibility of going for the unthinkable Slam and Masters Series sweep.

Jimnik
09-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Next year there might even be the possibility of going for the unthinkable Slam and Masters Series sweep.
The Grand Slam and the Masters Series sweep? - both are impossible...

...but he'll do it anyway.

Doris Loeffel
09-09-2005, 10:40 AM
All right I can understand that for non fans it's anoying to see the same guy winning all the time and therefore gets bored.

But as a fan of the sport (Tennis that is ;) ) I can't understand how someone can be boored to watch Roger. I mean you never know what's comming up next with him. Longline, crosscourt, topspin, slice, going for the lines or just hitting a short ball? There's so much vareiety in his came it just can't be boring to watch im play. Unless you're a fan of pingpong tennis where you see a 100 times the same stroke till finally one is making an error.

~EMiLiTA~
09-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Before you wave the :cuckoo: smilie:

Many people hated the Merckx domination, the Hinault domination, the Indurain domination, the Sampras domination, the Armstrong domination, the Schumacher domination and some people don't like the Federer domination.

totally agree :yeah:

i didn't see any problem with this post either...given the domination that Roger now has in tennis, it's a valid point to make. No one is blaming Federer for it...I mean, if you're that much better than everyone else, what are you going to do? lose on purpose? but nonetheless, for tennis fans, it is boring for the sport to have the same person continually winning everything. I am a Schumi fan too but I was bored when he had won the championship by July. Likewise with Rafa...I mean i am a huge Rafa fan..but i can understand ppl who say they are bored of him on clay. Any form of domination in sport gets boring after a while. Say what you like, sports need rivalries and challengers to make them more interesting...simple as that.

MariaV
09-09-2005, 10:44 AM
I hope baby Rafa will still be there healthy & well to prevent that from
happening. :D

But I agree with you on the watching Fed part. :)

liptea
09-09-2005, 10:52 AM
As a teenage girl, I want Roger Federer on my television as much as possible. :hearts:

Besides, I like his tennis. And I'm not bored by him. At least he's reliable.

Carlita
09-09-2005, 10:56 AM
As a teenage girl, I want Roger Federer on my television as much as possible. :hearts:

Besides, I like his tennis. And I'm not bored by him. At least he's reliable.:lol: Reliable Roger :yeah:

liptea
09-09-2005, 10:58 AM
:lol: Reliable Roger :yeah:

Once Carlos and Mardy and all my other favorites lose, I have to start rooting for Roger. Because he always wins and that makes me happy.

Billy Moonshine
09-09-2005, 10:59 AM
I have been ranting about how bored of Fed I am for a while now and it's nice to see others feel the same.
Like other posters here I can't deny his genius and when i do watch him play, I appreciate his talent and skill. However I don't watch tennis to see an exhibiton of how the game should be played ( See Wimby finals, US Open final, Oz open final, IW, Lipton, Cincy etc). I watch it for excitement and drama. Now there is still a lot of that going on on the tour but not in the big finals when fed plays. So until the rest pick up their games and challenge him, hard court tennis finals between Fed and whatever one of his bitches get there are going to be VERY boring for me. Roll on Oz open and RG!

David Kenzie
09-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Great idea: get rid of one of the greatest if not the greatest player to ever pick up a racket, and tennis will be "more interesting". This is bullshit. There are 127 matches in the US Open and only 7 can include Federer. Just don't watch his matches if you can't stand watching good players.

In order to have more competition at the top of the rankings, its the other players who have to ajust their level, not Federer.

Art&Soul
09-09-2005, 11:05 AM
You're a bored coz you don't see the beauty of his tennis, i'm only bored if they (tennis players) play an ugly tennis but with ROGER he just plays so beautifully, makes the games so easy with exeption shots so i've never bored with him otherwise when he not play and i watch other players i feel bored :) I'd rather watch ROGER with the quality of his tennis than watch a competitive match with low quality. So my advise If you're bored with ATP, don't watch it anymore...And I remember you're the one to say ROGER's streak in grass will stop but unfortunately he dissapoint u and make u bored even more :devil: And i know if he keeps winning, ppl still keep moaning, tha'ts a life :)

RodLo
09-09-2005, 11:12 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/bored/2.gif

WF4EVER
09-09-2005, 11:17 AM
People are always hating on Federer because he's so good at his job. It's not Roger's fault that most of the rest of the tour are full of royal crap. Instead of starting threads about being tired of Feder why not channel your time and energy into encouraging these other players to step up to the plate and give him some challenge.

It's really ridiculous that Roger gets picked on because he actually has the talent and ability to win consistently. I'm damn sure they all want to beat him but obviously they need to improve themselves first instead of waiting for Roger to have a bad or sick day, or for his level to drop to theirs.

Roger should be applauded for his consistency (forget his genius) and his hard work and focus instead of lambasted because he actually brings the goods when he has to.
You don't even have to like him but you should respect him for these things.

I didn't always like Justine Henin-Hardenne but I always respected the fact that she put in the extra work to improve herself so that she could compete with the better players. She wasn't like Mauresmo who said in an interview that she would have to wait for the Williamses level to drop so that she could have a chance of beating them. That's just crap.

Roger should continue to be as good as he is until the rest of the tour have the balls to step it up and present themselves as real challengers. Right now most of them are so far behind him that Roger is least concerned for them and is instead focused on what's ahead of him, tons of records to be broken. Do you think if Roger was getting the challenge he should he'd have time to worry about record books?

As far as the USO is concerned he has two more matches to win and I hope he does it in typical Federer style.

perrygreen
09-09-2005, 11:20 AM
He will win it easily. It's boring but it's not his fault.

User id 7816
09-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Im not a fan of Fed and no I'm not bored of him. You can't be bored of brilliance can you? I'm bored that even when someone finds a successful way to be competitive with him, and make it close, they are still not able to win. Might not happen too often but rarely when it does, you dont see guys being able to take it, happened to Ljubicic, Ferrero and dont know who else this year. It's not Fed's fault.

switz
09-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Federer is pushing the game to a new level. players are going to have to do more than ever before to compete with him and in the long run that has to be good for tennis. I've been a fan of Roger since he wasw junior and i have admit that i cared much more when he was a headcase much like my favourite swiss miss. he's still my favourite player but i like it when he's pushed and although i don't ever like him losing i can admit that his brilliance can get boring week after week but i still love watching him play.

Castafiore
09-09-2005, 11:37 AM
People are always hating on Federer because he's so good at his job. It's not Roger's fault that most of the rest of the tour are full of royal crap
Oh please!
1. people are not alway hating on Roger.
In fact, he's one of the most appreciated players on tour and on various message boards.
2. It's a bit rich complaining about 'hating' and then follow that up with a short-sighted and hateful comment like 'most of the rest of the tour is full of royal crap". :rolleyes:

You're a bored coz you don't see the beauty of his tennis
Nope, judging by the comments in here...that's not it. Most people have expressed their appreciation of his tennis genius.

People saying that they would like to see a tighter rivalry is NOT the same thing as people hating Roger. Like others have said, if you really like tennis - how can you dislike his talent?

get rid of one of the greatest if not the greatest player to ever pick up a racket, and tennis will be "more interesting
Is there an echo in here?
No, people don't want to get rid of this great player because most people appreciate his talent and ability but some people would love to see more tough matches.
That's not Roger's fault. Some people are just hoping that other players can offer him a rivalry on a more consistent basis. Until that happens - IF it ever happens - we have to enjoy his talent and we have to enjoy those matches where he actually gets a bit of pressure (i.e. a match where people agree that the other player put him under pressure and not a match where people say that Federer just played bad so the tough match had nothing to do with the opponent giving playing a high level game).
That said: besides watching those smooth tennis strokes from Roger, there is plenty of fantastic talent in the ATP and many matches I enjoy very much.

~EMiLiTA~
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
for goodness sake...please do not confuse the issue
a) i am not hating Roger...if u check my sig he's one of the players i support
b) i am not saying get rid of him...i am simply saying when one person dominates, no matter who it is, it gets boring...who said get rid of him?
c) i do appreciate his tennis and his talent and i agree it is beautiful...but i would also like to see other players win and have success and challenge him to make things more interesting

Angle Queen
09-09-2005, 11:59 AM
No.

Fi-Fi
09-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Nope im not a fan but i admit that i damn well respect the guy and his tennis is always great to view

lennon402
09-09-2005, 12:18 PM
He is a good boy He has a terrific forcehand.
He controled the game except clay courts.

alfonsojose
09-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Yes. His domination is boring :yawn: But there's nothing we or he can do :shrug: Let's expect Ginepri to keep improving ;)

nobama
09-09-2005, 12:40 PM
c) i do appreciate his tennis and his talent and i agree it is beautiful...but i would also like to see other players win and have success and challenge him to make things more interesting
Well other players are going to have to step it up then. And Rafa's going to have to get better on hard courts/grass (which hopefully he will do).

hosky
09-09-2005, 12:40 PM
i think so in a way. But you cannot deny his talent. Well, nowadays, to defeat him becomes a big challenge. I hope someone will someday!(The sooner the better)

Billabong
09-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Not bored at all. When he's on, you can just watch and admire his talent:) He's awesome:worship:!!!!!!!

1sun
09-09-2005, 12:48 PM
:haha: keep hating trolls and will keep laughing :haha:

~EMiLiTA~
09-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Well other players are going to have to step it up then. And Rafa's going to have to get better on hard courts/grass (which hopefully he will do).

yes precisely...it's more about them than about Roger...they're the ones that have to change, not him

asotgod
09-09-2005, 12:52 PM
To the question: No, I am not bored. I think Federer's era will help build more all-court players instead of one-dimensional players. You just know that to compete with him, you have to be good at all areas of the tennis court, which is good for future generations and for the present generation as well. Federer's success has and will definitely cause other players to have more variety in their games and it will become more fun to watch. It will also help reduce "POWER" tennis which I find very boring. I think you can see nowadays that it takes more than a big serve, or big forehand, or big backhand to play tennis. Players are smarter and improving their other weaknesses, except for some who are maybe stubborn or cannot change it. For instance, Blake and Ginepri used to go for a lot when they were put on the run, but now have changed that, by just getting the ball in neutral position to help them get back in the points. People are thinking better on court and I think that's good for tennis. Tennis should not just be a bang-bang game.

Just give it time and the younger generation will pose more problem for Federer. I think Nadal will pose him a few problem, but once Federer beats him convincingly once, it's over. The most probable threats will come from two guys IMO: Gasquet and Berdych. I think Gasquet will give him more problem because of his variety and power and will cause a great rivalry. I also think Berdych, once he improves on his fitness, will give Federer more trouble because the guy already does have very strong strokes on both sides and a big serve. He will just have to learn faster and be a better tactician like Safin (when on). This is not to say Nadal cannot improve on his shots, but if Nadal begins to play flatter, it will suit Federer better. Federer wont have to make more adjustments. I think Federer actually likes the ball a little flat.

TheMightyFed
09-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Not yet... "Only" 5 slams, a beautiful game when is on, period.
I get bored when he's off, not really motivated, less explosive on his feet, like durinf the Kiefer match. But he cannot have a beautiful game at every round of every tournament.
I don't know if he will change the game, because he's so talented that it's not easy to emulate his game, technically and tactically. By the way, Sampras was the greatest in the 90's with a S&V game, a few years later we have only Dent doing S&V on first and second serves...
And props to him to remain so simple and open to the press and the fans, that is really remarkable at this level.

Castafiore
09-09-2005, 01:05 PM
:haha: keep hating trolls and will keep laughing :haha:
To use Coria's words: "stop being so paranoid."
There are no hating trolls here.

onewoman74
09-09-2005, 01:10 PM
:rolleyes: then sod off and wait for clay season and in the mean time watch something else like golf quit bitching like a baby

lol!!! I think u got your point across :D

onewoman74
09-09-2005, 01:13 PM
why don't you do a "Tony Soprano"...go to Switerland break his ankles, smash his knees and dump him on the side of the road...would that be better for u? :rolleyes:

1sun
09-09-2005, 01:18 PM
To use Coria's words: "stop being so paranoid."
There are no hating trolls here.
keep it up man :yeah: :rocker:

BlackSilver
09-09-2005, 01:19 PM
I think Nadal will pose him a few problem, but once Federer beats him convincingly once, it's over. This is not to say Nadal cannot improve on his shots, but if Nadal begins to play flatter, it will suit Federer better. Federer wont have to make more adjustments. I think Federer actually likes the ball a little flat.

And what makes you think that Nadal will start to play flatter. Why would he do it? And why if he beat Nadal convincingly once it's over?
Oh, and probably no one likes to play someone that puts lots of top spin in the ball.

Eléa
09-09-2005, 01:19 PM
i'm a bit bored by him, that's sure, but i still like watching him playing "sometimes".. for me, it's the same situation that with Sampras before.. i know his game is wonderful but it's not what i want to see really...

PaulieM
09-09-2005, 01:24 PM
so glad to see such a creative new thread. :rolleyes: get over it, he's just doing his job to the best of his abilities like everyone else on tour, what else do you want from him?

in the long run i think roger will be good for tennis because like someone else said it will force other people to develop more well rounded games.

1sun
09-09-2005, 01:32 PM
And what makes you think that Nadal will start to play flatter. Why would he do it? And why if he beat Nadal convincingly once it's over?
Oh, and probably no one likes to play someone that puts lots of top spin in the ball.
he may try to play flatter for the faster surfaces, it will help him to hit more winners, be more agressive, be in control more but he has such an extreme grip that it will be difficult for him to change.

ezekiel
09-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Fed after watching Agassi/Blake match

Roger Federer on staying up to watch the Andre Agassi-James Blake
match: "Watching this, I was -- my pulse was just like (pounding his
chest). I couldn't believe it, how the match turned out, because it was
looking so one-sided. It's definitely nice to play them, but I almost
prefer to watch them, to be honest...It's not that late for me (to
watch). I always go to bed around 2 or 3 in the morning. So for me,
that was perfect timing, you know...In my eyes, James gave it away,
so...James should have locked it up many times. But happens, you know.
It's for him also first time he's in this position, and obviously
against Andre it doesn't make it easier. But Andre did incredibly well
to come back, that's for sure. And staying cool, you know, all the way
through, that was incredible. But I thought James had him and let it
go."...

asotgod
09-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Ezekiel,

Federer was to the point on the Agassi-Blake match. Some people act like Agassi just had to raise his level of play. I dont quite agree. Blake's level dropped before Agassi was allowed to get into the match at all. I believe Blake was overwhelmed about what he was about to achieve just like Nadal against Federer in Miami. The most disgusting section of the match for me were the line calls. I thought there were so many wrong calls. I also think the commentators made it out as if Agassi was doing the impossible and grinding Blake down, when it was so clear Blake self-destructed a number of times.

Raquel
09-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Well, I somehow survived the Pete years (yuck) but that's because women's tennis was better when he was dominating.
I didn't enjoy the Pete years either. I can understand some people feeling bored with one player dominating. When Sampras dominated (especially at Wimbledon), I really didn't enjoy it. He was excellent at what he did, but I didn't necessarily enjoy it. With Roger though, I could watch him all day, so suddenly domination is not boring. A difference for me between Roger's time at number 1 and Pete's is that you rarely saw matches like Federer v Santoro, Federer v Baghdatis and Federer v Suzuki (Australian Open), full of great shots and rallies early in Slams when Pete dominated. Pete's early rounds at Slams I would never watch but even early round, straight set Roger wins I enjoy.

BlackSilver
09-09-2005, 02:39 PM
he may try to play flatter for the faster surfaces, it will help him to hit more winners, be more agressive, be in control more but he has such an extreme grip that it will be difficult for him to change.

Yes, it's a possibility.

RogiFan88
09-09-2005, 02:54 PM
nope, just bored of some of his opponents who can't beat him over and over again ;)

1sun
09-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Yes, it's a possibility.
of course, but i think nadal would be more effective with his topsin game, that in my eyes is his greatest strength

SwissMister1
09-09-2005, 02:57 PM
One of the reasons why Roger is NOT boring to watch, even when he is blowing someone out, is that he never lets his foot off the opponent's throat, so to speak. He doesn't coast at the end of matches, tank opponent's service games, things like that, which can't be said for other players.

jtipson
09-09-2005, 03:09 PM
I didn't enjoy the Pete years either. I can understand some people feeling bored with one player dominating. When Sampras dominated (especially at Wimbledon), I really didn't enjoy it. He was excellent at what he did, but I didn't necessarily enjoy it. With Roger though, I could watch him all day, so suddenly domination is not boring. A difference for me between Roger's time at number 1 and Pete's is that you rarely saw matches like Federer v Santoro, Federer v Baghdatis and Federer v Suzuki (Australian Open), full of great shots and rallies early in Slams when Pete dominated. Pete's early rounds at Slams I would never watch but even early round, straight set Roger wins I enjoy.

Ditto everything Raquel said.

ultraX
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I don't think Federer is bored to watch but I only think that he's dominated player in ATP tour right now just like Sampras and Lendl did over the past. Sure we all see him winning most of tournaments and grand slams but not on clay. We have no choice to accept that. That's also mean others players need to work harder to be able competing to his level. Nadal and Gasquet have already beaten him and they will beat him again.

BD006
09-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Nope, not bored. I'm always disappointed that I never paid attention to other sports greats when I was younger, such as Sampras and Graf in their primes, or Jordan in his prime, or Magic. So, I always appreciate it when I'm able to witness greatness in the making.
If the point of this thread was that other players need to step it up, then IMO, the title is a little misleading...

Jimnik
09-09-2005, 03:36 PM
As many people have said here, it's not Federer's style I'm bored of, it's the predictability. I'd much rather watch Fed beat somebody than Lendl or Sampras but it would be nice if there were 3 or 4 players who could challenge for the slams, not just 1 player. I suppose it's not just tennis, many sports seems to have one era after another dominated by 1 person.

ExpectedWinner
09-09-2005, 03:44 PM
It will be the young players that is going to beat him when they become matured. What are your thoughts?

Well, duh... That's how it goes. Federer's middle aged by tennis standards. Soon he'll realize that he has to pick tournaments he wants to win. Otherwise, his body will break down.
More often than not, tennis is dominated by someone. Want new champion faces every year, switch to women gymnastics. There they win smth before puberty hits them and run away asap into professional shows(with exception of immortal Svetlana Khorkina, of course).

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 03:47 PM
but it would be nice if there were 3 or 4 players who could challenge for the slams, not just 1 player.
Marat challenged well for the Australian and nadal well for the French. In the French, only predictability was nadal winning.
In Wimbledon, Roge had to bring absolute best tennis to win against andy. People still watched, because they are not sure that Roge will win. If they are that sure that Roge will win all his matches, then nobody would watch.

PamV
09-09-2005, 03:53 PM

Well said. This complaining about Federer is ridiculous. He has brought back a multi-demensional game. If it weren't for Federer, Roddick would have stayed #1 and big serving would have become the only part of tennis that anyone developed.

Jimnik
09-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Marat challenged well for the Australian and nadal well for the French. In the French, only predictability was nadal winning.
In Wimbledon, Roge had to bring absolute best tennis to win against andy. People still watched, because they are not sure that Roge will win. If they are that sure that Roge will win all his matches, then nobody would watch.
Off course nobody is 100% sure but I think we're about 90% sure that Roger will win any given tournament he enters. On clay we're more like 50% sure but on grass we're about 99% sure.

It's good that we have more than one surface in tennis because, as you said, Roland Garros was slightly more wide open from the start. It was either going to be Nadal or Federer, or possibly Coria.

The Aus Open wasn't so wide open because not many were predicting Marat's triumph. I think, in most people's eyes, that semi-final was an upset - Marat was the underdog.

PamV
09-09-2005, 03:57 PM
People still watched, because they are not sure that Roge will win. If they are that sure that Roge will win all his matches, then nobody would watch.

Your name suggests you are a Federer fan, but then why would you think that the only reason people watch is to see if Federer might lose? Most comments I hear are that even the tennis legends flock to watch Federer for the sheer specticle of his game when he is ON and in the flow. Also what I don't understand is that when someone plays that good, why people would think that shouldn't be rewarded by a win?

PamV
09-09-2005, 04:05 PM
As many people have said here, it's not Federer's style I'm bored of, it's the predictability. I'd much rather watch Fed beat somebody than Lendl or Sampras but it would be nice if there were 3 or 4 players who could challenge for the slams, not just 1 player. I suppose it's not just tennis, many sports seems to have one era after another dominated by 1 person.

I think there are a lot of players that can challange him, and we will see that more and more as time goes on. I am so glad that Federer came about because his tennis style is having a good influence on the game. The mainstream of men's tennis was becoming all about the serve and simple baseline rallies. Federer is making variety popular, not to mention more interest in the one handed backhand.

Basically, Federer is stuck in the middle. For some people he hasn't won enough majors to be considered one of the greats. Yet at the same time some say he's won too many and want him to go away. What sense does any of that make? I think his playing deserves to have him considered one of the greats......but he won't be unless he wins many more majors. He has to do all he can now because he got a later start than many others.

Pea
09-09-2005, 04:05 PM
nope, just bored of some of his opponents who can't beat him over and over again ;)

Exactly. I'm a tennisfan in general. How can you hate someone working his magic?

PamV
09-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Of course tennis would be more exciting and interesting without him, but unfortunately we can't change it. :sad: I just try to do something else than watching tennis when Federer is playing.

If it weren't for Federer everyone would be trying to immitate Roddick. I think Federer's style is way more interesting to watch which makes him great for tennis.

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Your name suggests you are a Federer fan, but then why would you think that the only reason people watch is to see if Federer might lose? Most comments I hear are that even the tennis legends flock to watch Federer for the sheer specticle of his game when he is ON and in the flow. Also what I don't understand is that when someone plays that good, why people would think that shouldn't be rewarded by a win?
Because of the people here- have you read the last 5 pages or just joined in the last page? They say they are bored with Roge winning and they would like to see him lose more, and the predictability of his winning to go. And I said it is not so predictable --maybe you missed the polls that come before his matches, where not 100% says he would win.

Anway- what does being a Federer fan have to do with this? What kind of fan cannot sit back and look at another player's fan's perspective?

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 04:08 PM
If it weren't for Federer everyone would be trying to immitate Roddick. I think Federer's style is way more interesting to watch which makes him great for tennis.
Why roddick? what about nadal, marat, hewitt? Agassi?

PamV
09-09-2005, 04:15 PM

I don't think domination is boring if the player in question uses variety and is basically a likeable good person. It is boring when a repetative one demensional game is able to dominate. I couldn't stand to watch Roddick winning on his serve alone for example.

Black Adam
09-09-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't think domination is boring if the player in question uses variety and is basically a likeable good person. It is boring when a repetative one demensional game is able to dominate. I couldn't stand to watch Roddick winning on his serve alone for example.
Well that's your opinion because all kinds of dominations are boring.
:wavey: Roddick's few weeks at at number one are described as dominating :wavey: :confused:
Any way I understand you, you are just defending your fave.

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Fed makes tennis stagnant.
Rivalry is exciting. Federer needs a rival on grass and hardcourts.
Come on Nadal develop your fast court game.

Phunkadelicious
09-09-2005, 05:07 PM
When Fed first started his domination it got old kinda fast for me. But this year, the way he has been able to continue his incredibly high level of play, I have come to respect his ability so much more. I would definitely like for more people to be able to challenge him, not just Nadal and Safin, and when the youngsters really begin to come up (Gasquet ALLEZ!) they will, but for right now I am just in awe of his abilities. And besides, its hard to begrudge a such a nice guy his success.

Auscon
09-09-2005, 05:08 PM
If Federer werent around, Lleyton would likely have a couple other gs titles to his name, many other big wins...

But I'd hate it if Federer werent around. I look forward to him dominating for many years to come.....just as long as Lleyton can get a win or 2 in somewhere along the line :) Even if he owns my fav player, the guys game is just so damn good to watch, you just can't get bored of it...

neeob
09-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I claim that he is more dominant than last year's Michael Schumacher on F1. Even Schumacher let some other winners last year.

You can't really compare. Schumacher was that dominant
mainly because he had the best car by far. Thats boring.
But Federer hasn't the best equipement, he is simply the
best player and is furthermore playing a beautiful tennis.
I love to watch Federer, even if he would win 6:0 all the
time.

Peta Pan
09-09-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't think domination is boring if the player in question uses variety and is basically a likeable good person.
The poster you quoted said that domination tends to be boring for most people. Generally I guess for people who aren't Federer fans. I am glad that fans like you can be happy to see him play... it's just that others don't like the domination thing at all. As I posted earlier, I don't enjoy it and would not enjoy it even if it was from one of my favourites because I like to see good competition.

I guess everyone has their own opinions on the topic (which has been done to death in the past!)

adee-gee
09-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Here's a question for you?

In the last 2 years, how many Federer matches have you watched and actually being hugely excited by. The only one I can think of is the Safin match at the Australian Open. Other than that, I find his matches very boring, if he plays well he has an easy victory which simply doesn't have any attraction for me.

yanchr
09-09-2005, 05:30 PM
I didn't and won't get bored when he is delivering his talent, no matter it's a thrash like this USO 1st round, or a very tough and close one like last year Wimbledon final, or even a match he lost like this AO semi, and surely I don't have to mention the pure genius ones like last USO final or this year Wimbledon final, or very entertaining ones like this USO Santoro match and this AO Suzuki match. I got bored when he was playing shit like this USO Kiefer match when I had really wanted to turn my tv off.

I do prefer competitive matches though, eg I consider the extreme tight and close but very quality match against Agassi in 03 TMC RR one of his best matches, and I enjoy last year Wimbledon final and this year Miami final. I admit most of his matches are not competitive now, so these few ones come out even more precious for me. But like many said, it's not his fault that the match is not competitive. And for some people, lack of competitiveness and nerves prevents them from enjoying this game a bit, but it's just not the case for me. I can enjoy his game the whole day without any sign of boredom. I just accept as it is. If other players can pose some serious challenges to him, then all credit to them and I would much love to see it. If no player is challenging him, then I don't mind him putting on a one-man show at all, which also won't undermine any of my interest. He is very reliable now I have to say, which makes me a happy person all the time, but I do admit I enjoyed his matches more when he still had ups and downs. But things just go like this. He is maturing, so am I.

And can you think of that there is no Federer in the tennis field? Maybe we would think Safin's game is out of the world, Roddick, Hewitt and many else also have a great game. Even maybe we would think they are all genius in a way. I do remember when Hewitt was No1 in the world, he was claimed to have no weakness. Would that be more or less a joke when we actually see what Federer is able to bring us?

I think Federer himself actually realized such a dillemma for him. He once said, sometime last year, he felt all the audience were against him, wanting him to lose. And after this AO he felt he was much more liked, because people thought he was back to human. And he said he loves to be liked by people. But what can he do? To lose matches intentionally in order to absorb sympathetic cheers? Surely not for a professional. And I see he takes on the responsibility of being No.1 of tennis so well and is doing everything else he can to help promote the game. Can he do anything more? I mean, this guy is doing his every single bit which will benefit the game, along with his pure genius, and people are complaining about his dominance...

RogiFan88
09-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Exactly. I'm a tennisfan in general. How can you hate someone working his magic?

Wouldn't it be more interesting if other players could challenge Rogi more and give us a real match? Of course I want Rogi to win all his matches but it's good for him to have to up his level. I suspect HE gets bored from time to time. Altho his loss to Marat hurt a lot, I'm happy that Marat was able to play amazing tennis and win that marathon. Same w Gasquet in MC. The only loss that left a bitter taste in my mouth was the SF at RG to Rafa because Rogi played like utter crap [which is what he does when he's nervous and under extreme pressure, which is how he plays Rafa all the time] and Rafa didn't have to do too much to win that match -- but I am also happy for Rafa for winning his first slam the first time he played it -- HE is amazing, at 19! Rogi hadn't even won his first title til 2001 in Milano and he was no longer a teenager at that time.

PaulieM
09-09-2005, 05:31 PM

In the last 2 years, how many Federer matches have you watched and actually being hugely excited by. The only one I can think of is the Safin match at the Australian Open. Other than that, I find his matches very boring, if he plays well he has an easy victory which simply doesn't have any attraction for me.
most of them, i'm excited anytime that i get to watch roger play. if you're not excited by his matches then you don't have to watch them, there are plenty of other matches going on. people complained last year that roger wasn't challenged enough, this year it has been more of a challenge and people still complain. there is plenty of great tennis happening in matches that don't involve roger as well, maybe people should try and enjoy that instead of whining about how roger is ruining tennis all the time.

RogiFan88
09-09-2005, 05:32 PM

Rogi has won matches fairly easily when not playing his best [which is more often than not].

If a match is THAT boring, I don't bother watching. ;)

Geniey2g
09-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Wel I know for a fact that his uncle is trying to get him to hit flatter on faster surfaces.

And I am getting bored of Fedex; I haven't even bothered to watch his matches these last 2 weeks :rolleyes:

Geniey2g
09-09-2005, 05:35 PM

yep yep yep :yeah:

Fumus
09-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I have actually enjoyed it more and more. I probably hated it 6 months ago but, now it's like I enjoy watching Federer kick everyones ass. Also it makes it sooo much more special when he loses. I haven't watched too much of Roger this tournement but, I have to say I am almost always entertained when I watch him play.

adee-gee
09-09-2005, 05:46 PM
most of them, i'm excited anytime that i get to watch roger play. if you're not excited by his matches then you don't have to watch them, there are plenty of other matches going on. people complained last year that roger wasn't challenged enough, this year it has been more of a challenge and people still complain. there is plenty of great tennis happening in matches that don't involve roger as well, maybe people should try and enjoy that instead of whining about how roger is ruining tennis all the time.

Paulie darling, you like Roger too much :(

The thing is, I'm a big tennis fan so I'm always going to watch it when I can. And when virtually every big match involves him, and we know what the outcome is going to be its a bit disappointing. I'd much rather have Agassi-Hewitt in the US Open Final because at least it might be close. Federer played one of the best matches I've ever seen in last years final, but i felt let down because it was so ridiculously one sided, I'd much rather see an epic 5 setter of less quality.

As for people challenging him, next to no-one has put up much of a fight in the last few months. Kiefer and Ginepri are probably the only 2. Nalbandian went out with a whimper last night, as Hewitt will do tomorrow as he doesn't believe he can beat him.

nobama
09-09-2005, 05:48 PM
most of them, i'm excited anytime that i get to watch roger play. if you're not excited by his matches then you don't have to watch them, there are plenty of other matches going on. people complained last year that roger wasn't challenged enough, this year it has been more of a challenge and people still complain. there is plenty of great tennis happening in matches that don't involve roger as well, maybe people should try and enjoy that instead of whining about how roger is ruining tennis all the time.Yeah, this is the beauty of it, you don't have to watch him if you don't want to. No one is being forced to watch Roger. And if they're pissed because he wins sometimes when he's not at his personal best, don't blame him, blame the guy on the other side of the net.

adee-gee
09-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah, this is the beauty of it, you don't have to watch him if you don't want to. No one is being forced to watch Roger. And if they're pissed because he wins sometimes when he's not at his personal best, don't blame him, blame the guy on the other side of the net.

When he's winning every tournament he enters its kind of hard not to watch his matches if I'm wanting to follow tennis.

You have a point though, its not his fault he's good its up to the other guys to catch up, and as of yet they've done a pretty poor job at it :rolleyes:

PaulieM
09-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Paulie darling, you like Roger too much :(

The thing is, I'm a big tennis fan so I'm always going to watch it when I can. And when virtually every big match involves him, and we know what the outcome is going to be its a bit disappointing. I'd much rather have Agassi-Hewitt in the US Open Final because at least it might be close. Federer played one of the best matches I've ever seen in last years final, but i felt let down because it was so ridiculously one sided, I'd much rather see an epic 5 setter of less quality.

As for people challenging him, next to no-one has put up much of a fight in the last few months. Kiefer and Ginepri are probably the only 2. Nalbandian went out with a whimper last night, as Hewitt will do tomorrow as he doesn't believe he can beat him.
i understand what you're saying, well except for the part about watching a 5 setter of lower quality versus a short, one sided match with some brilliant tennis in it. can't say i'd say the same. the man is just doing his job, we've all watched matches where we didn't like the players, the outcome or whatever, nobody makes you watch it and moaning isn't going to change it, just take it or leave it.

nobama
09-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Rogi has won matches fairly easily when not playing his best [which is more often than not]. How do we define what is "best"? As far as I'm concerned the way he played in last years USO final and this years Wimbledon final was just out of this world tennis and no player could be expected to perform like that all the time. When people say Roger's not at his best, what are they comparing it to? During the Cincy tournament it was pointed out here many times how in the 2004 MS in Toronto he played poorly up until the finals against Roddick. Others have said his early rounds in the 2004 USO weren't his best either.

So when people say he's below par this year, what are they comparing that to? He has a better record this year than last, one more tournament than he did at this point last year (including 4 TMS titles), got the furthest he ever has at RG...the only blemish really is not defending his AO title. But even there he had mp against Safin in the 4th set and ended up losing 7-9 in the 5th. He's the only player since Lendl in 1987 to reach the semis in all 4 grand slams in a calendar year. If he beats Lleyton Hewitt in the semis he'll tie Sampras's open era record for consecutive wins on hard courts.

I'm just not seeing where he's not playing his best. If this year is considered average or just so-so, then what people are really saying is the ATP tour sucks and aside from Roger and Rafa nobody is any good, because if they were a below par Roger wouldn't be able to beat them.

nobama
09-09-2005, 06:07 PM
When he's winning every tournament he enters its kind of hard not to watch his matches if I'm wanting to follow tennis.

You have a point though, its not his fault he's good its up to the other guys to catch up, and as of yet they've done a pretty poor job at it :rolleyes:Yes, that's my point. He's doing what he's supposed to - winning. When the USO draw came out Roger was immediately penciled in as a semifinalist. So was Andy Roddick. Well Roger did what was expected of him, he's in the semis. Roddick got kicked out R1. If other guys can't step it up and take him out that's not his fault. And also says to me that he's NOT playing badly because NOT every player on the ATP tour sucks...there are a lot of good players, he's just at another level though.

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 06:21 PM
If Federer werent around, Lleyton would likely have a couple other gs titles to his name, many other big wins...
But I'd hate it if Federer werent around. I look forward to him dominating for many years to come.....just as long as Lleyton can get a win or 2 in somewhere along the line :) Even if he owns my fav player, the guys game is just so damn good to watch, you just can't get bored of it...

This is a nice thing to write. I understand the thread title, and I think I would say that if a player that I was not a fan of was dominating then I would also get a bit tired too. Roge has forced everyone to a new standard- many top players including andy and leyton have said this themselves. This is a good thing for tennis. But I also understand that for many people who are not fond of Roge, or his stylish tennis, it is tiresome to see their favorite player is not winning against him.

Two years ago there was also complaints that the field was too deep, and 7 or 8 different slam champions in 7 or 8 slams. These things are in cycles

Cervantes
09-09-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm a big Federer fan, but I have to say I'm not really looking forward to the conclusion of this year's US Open. Federer has beaten Hewitt the last 8 times, whilst Agassi has done only slightly better with 7 defeats in a row. So I don't think these matches will offer the same excitement as for instance the Blake-Agassi match.

I still enjoy watching Federer, but other players need to step it up and challenge him. He's not even playing his best and he still wins this tournament with only 1 set lost so far. In the future Nadal and Gasquet will challenge him, but I don't see any of the current generation (Hewitt, Roddick, Safin, Nalbandian, Coria) turning things around against Fed.

With Federer and Nadal picking up all the trophies the tour has become kind of boring, but it's up to the others to do something about it. And we still had some classic matches this year so I'm not too worried yet.

Scotso
09-09-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm not bored with Federer, but I do wish that it was a little less predictable.

NYCtennisfan
09-10-2005, 12:10 AM

Like Woods in golf? Yep, his dominance has hurt the game big time. Tournaments give out less money now, less people watch, golf gets less coverage and so on. HIs dominance has turned everyone off of golf.

As for the original question, the answer is no. I am not bored of watching perhaps the most gifted and beautiful player I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of them.

NYCtennisfan
09-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Even if he owns my fav player, the guys game is just so damn good to watch, you just can't get bored of it...

Anyone who plays/has played tennis seriously would probably agree with this. I know I do.

Corey Feldman
09-10-2005, 12:16 AM
GREAT post :bigclap:
there will always be ppl that are bored of federer's dominence, i dont hold it against them, its mainly because theyre fave players cant do it :cool:
besides, the slams have went 3 ways this year so far, so he hasnt had everything his own way..

NYCtennisfan
09-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Great idea: get rid of one of the greatest if not the greatest player to ever pick up a racket, and tennis will be "more interesting". This is bullshit. There are 127 matches in the US Open and only 7 can include Federer. Just don't watch his matches if you can't stand watching good players.

Yep.

DayTripperGH
09-10-2005, 12:19 AM
how can federer be boring when he dominates nearly every other
when he plays matches he has some amazing shots and consistency
how is that boring?!!??!!

PamV
09-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Why roddick? what about nadal, marat, hewitt? Agassi? What I am saying is that if Federer hadn't come along then he wouldn't have been there to take the #1 rank from Roddick. Roddick wouldn't have lost confidence and he would have held the #1 spot longer. Roddick was once considered the biggest baddest player out there. It was thought no one could return his serve. Most of the other Americans were all trying to develop a big serve like him. I don't know how many foreign players thought the same thing. The point is Federer stopped that and the focus became more on the all around game and using variety, some serve and volley, some baseline, and different speeds.

Blake and Ginepri have stopped trying to be like Roddick and now they are playing better.

flyingmachine
09-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Some people just don't understand isn't it. Federer have one of most beautiful game of tennis EVER. I could understand why people hate Federer but to describe his game as boring. :rolleyes: This is just unacceptable. :mad:

PamV
09-10-2005, 12:53 AM
I am extremely bored with this crap. He is playing extremely well I admit it but his existence is not good for tennis fans except Federer fans of course because he is losing only on the clay court tournaments.

Roger is good for tennis because he will influence a generation of kids to try to copy his style. That's extremely good in my opinion.

Why complain about all his winning? Federer hasn't yet won as many majors as McEnroe, Borg, Agassi, or Sampras. Having a certain few guys reach the higher levels of accomplishments is what does in fact make tennis interesting. Imagine what it would be like if no guy ever won more than 3 majors in his whole career. There would be no legends to talk about.....no level of execellence to strive for. That does sound dull.

R.Federer
What I am saying is that if Federer hadn't come along then he wouldn't have been there to take the #1 rank from Roddick. Roddick wouldn't have lost confidence and he would have held the #1 spot longer.

Yes, but hewitt and marat would have been there to take it, maybe agassi even would have a chance --why would they stand around and not try to beat him for it? I don't see Federer as the only thing that stopped andy from being #1. Take Roge away from the rankings and it does not leave roddick at #1 does it

Irish
Heck no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PamV
09-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Yes, but hewitt and marat would have been there to take it, maybe agassi even would have a chance --why would they stand around and not try to beat him for it? I don't see Federer as the only thing that stopped andy from being #1. Take Roge away from the rankings and it does not leave roddick at #1 does it

They would have been there eventually but Roddick would have had a longer time as #1 and the trend for one demensional power tennis would have advanced. Federer is the only reason Roddick has tried to develop a serve and volley game.

PamV
09-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Take Roge away from the rankings and it does not leave roddick at #1 does it

No not now it doesn't. However, think back to how confident Roddick was in 2003 before Roger took over? So my point is everything in tennis would have developed a little differently without Roger. Roddick would have felt better about himself, and the trend for servathon tennis might have continued.

Regardless .... I still don't see how people complain about Roger's winning. Are those same people upset that Sampras won 14 majors? Would it have been better for tennis if Sampras only had won 5 majors?

R.Federer
09-10-2005, 01:03 AM
I think you overestimate the influence that roddick would have had on the sport. When hewitt was winning and was 2 years Number 1, did everyone try to become a baseline scrambler? Dont think so
When Pete was #1 for 6 years --- do you know how many of the upcoming players took up s/v? Probably 2.
Each has their own game. I also doubt the mentality thing of roddick but either way there is no way to know how it would all go in the absence of Roge.

PamV
09-10-2005, 01:07 AM
The Grand Slam and the Masters Series sweep? - both are impossible...

...but he'll do it anyway.
Now that you mention it......after Fed lost to Safin in AO people were starting to imply he was off his game and basically turning into a failure. Now he could possibly win a 2nd major this year and people are calling that boring? Sampras almost always won 2 majors a year for 6 years. Fed is just starting.

PamV
09-10-2005, 01:14 AM
I think you overestimate the influence that roddick would have had on the sport. When hewitt was winning and was 2 years Number 1, did everyone try to become a baseline scrambler? Dont think so
When Pete was #1 for 6 years --- do you know how many of the upcoming players took up s/v? Probably 2.
Each has their own game. I also doubt the mentality thing of roddick but either way there is no way to know how it would all go in the absence of Roge.

I remember how much focus there was on Roddick's serve speed back then and that many other players at that time were trying to match his speeds. Especially it appeared the American players thought the way to win was all about how big the serve was.

As for Sampras.....he developed the S/V style in a time when it was still more popular. S/V has gradually been dying out as a result of racquet technology making it too easy to pass from the baseline. Roger is the one that showed it's possible to bring back the old school style even against today's power hitting. That's my whole point about how good Roger is for tennis. It was becoming one demensional before Roger.

R.Federer
09-10-2005, 01:37 AM
I remember how much focus there was on Roddick's serve speed back then and that many other players at that time were trying to match his speeds. Especially it appeared the American players thought the way to win was all about how big the serve was.

As for Sampras.....he developed the S/V style in a time when it was still more popular. S/V has gradually been dying out as a result of racquet technology making it too easy to pass from the baseline. Roger is the one that showed it's possible to bring back the old school style even against today's power hitting. That's my whole point about how good Roger is for tennis. It was becoming one demensional before Roger.

yes, the commentators and spectators had focus on roddick's serve. But which players were trying to get his serve speeds? I think the players are very aware that there is only so far they can push their body to increase serve speeds, there is no legal way in which it would be possible to go from your 120s to 150. I never heard of American players like blake, fish or dent trying to copy roddick's playing style!!

Which is why I don't think that roddick's being #1 was influencing any more players to play his style of game than Pete's dominance was. And the point about roddick remaining #1 if Roge wasn't there, because hewitt and marat and agassi would just stand by and let that be. I just dont think it would work out like that

jacobhiggins
09-10-2005, 02:49 AM
Tennis has never been played the way Federer plays it, no im not bored at all!

delsa
09-10-2005, 07:20 AM
It would be boring if he didn't play well but it's far from being the case and you don't (at least i don't) watch tennis a priori to see persons winning or loosing etc...(even if it can be the case in the end); we watch it to see the game well played, for the entertainment and he provides it.

I hope that's understandable.

Mrs. B
09-10-2005, 11:20 AM
why are we on a tennis chat board? why are we tennis fans? if we can't appreciate great and sublime tennis like how Roger plays it, then watch billiard on tv. i say, enjoy it, tennis fans all over the world, learn from his game, if you're playing tennis yourself. it's a privilege to watch this guy play. he's breaking records. we've heard and read so much about Laver's tennis. i never saw a Borg match on tv. we're lucky to be watching good tennis now.

Action Jackson
09-10-2005, 11:27 AM
The answer to this question is no, it's up to the other players to improve and raise their games and it won't be forever and when Federer goes, then someone else will whine about excess domination, in more cases it depends on who the dominant player is as to whether it's boring or not.

buddyholly
09-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Yes. His domination is boring :yawn: But there's nothing we or he can do :shrug: Let's expect Ginepri to keep improving ;)

Don't give up all hope. Maybe somebody could do a Nancy Kerrigan on him.

blosson
09-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Roger might be the one getting bored with the lack of good competition. Next year he's probably only motivated for the clay season.

radics
09-10-2005, 11:38 AM
I guess some ppl don't watch tennis, they support a player, but don't watch tennis. It's a shame.

Puschkin
09-10-2005, 11:42 AM
However I don't watch tennis to see an exhibiton of how the game should be played.

I watch it for nothing else.

I watch it for excitement and drama.

I recommend crime stories, theatre or current politics ;)

djul
09-10-2005, 12:34 PM
to answer the question : OH YES a lot!

and I am a tennis fan, I watch lots of matches with different players, men or women...(except Pierce,dechy,grosjean,clement... and all the so boring french players we have)

Mrs. B
09-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Don't give up all hope. Maybe somebody could do a Nancy Kerrigan on him.

Heaven forbid! :eek:

forever_rafter
09-10-2005, 09:43 PM
I'll never get bored of Rogi

bad gambler
09-10-2005, 09:46 PM
all you need to do is watch the second set TB he played against Hewitt and anyone who then says they are still bored is not a tennis fan

asotgod
09-10-2005, 11:03 PM
all you need to do is watch the second set TB he played against Hewitt and anyone who then says they are still bored is not a tennis fan

And the set points Hewitt had in the second set. Hewitt definitely did not lose those points. Federer just won them. Simple.

DDrago2
09-10-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm not bored of Federer on grand slams, because it is history in the making, and because he is such a master class in almost every aspect that he is often a joy to watch even when there is no drama on the court

It knows to be boring watching him in smaller events maby, but I rarely watch those matches anyway.

Dirk
09-10-2005, 11:12 PM
I was bored of Federer's iffy play today for sure.

Ruski
09-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Absolutely NOT!

I hope Roger continues with this dominance.... and yes.... I like to see him beating whatever the records that arrogant asshole Pete Sampras setup in the tennis history! ;)

Timariot
09-10-2005, 11:59 PM
I don't mind Fed's domination as such, but it would be nice if Hewitt+Andy would beat him like ONCE in ten matches. It's one thing to have an upper hand, but when 'chief rivals' lose gazillion matches in a row without even having a prayer, it gets sorta old. It is, of course, not Fed's fault, but his challengers.

Corey Feldman
09-11-2005, 02:38 AM
rogi reads MTF ;)

Q. Which do you think is the best end for this tournament?
ROGER FEDERER: Tomorrow?

Q. Uh hmm.
ROGER FEDERER: (Smiling). Well, depends how you look at it, huh? Where you're from.
Well, it's hard to say, huh. I mean, it's a very different setup, right. Young against older. A guy whose career is towards the end, another guy's been dominant. So depends if you like dominance or not, so (smiling)...

R.Federer
09-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Very nice point.
Have to say that after losing 5/6 set points, i am sure that played on leyton's mind and he had to feel even more pressure to try to get the set that slipped away. Roge simply pulled to the next stratosphere, nothing could be done. Somehow BH started firing accurately and aces pulled out

PS. In TB they play at W 2004, Roge lost 0-7. so leyton also did this to Roge once

Corey Feldman
09-11-2005, 02:48 AM
PS. In TB they play at W 2004, Roge lost 0-7. so leyton also did this to Roge once
Nope, it was 7-1 at Wim04

R.Federer
09-11-2005, 02:58 AM
Nope, it was 7-1 at Wim04
Oh sorry, thanks for correction. (you are sure? I thought it was 7-0) Anyhow, corrected

bad gambler
09-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Very nice point.
Have to say that after losing 5/6 set points, i am sure that played on leyton's mind and he had to feel even more pressure to try to get the set that slipped away. Roge simply pulled to the next stratosphere, nothing could be done. Somehow BH started firing accurately and aces pulled out

yep that bh he pulled out i think at 4-0 was just out of this world, there really is not much anyone can do as an opponent to combat such genius.

RogiFan88
09-11-2005, 03:34 AM
people s not be bored of federer in today's sf vs. lleyt ;) for once, someone took it to him

liptea
09-11-2005, 03:38 AM
rogi reads MTF ;)

Roger, if you're reading this, I think you need to lose the yellow headband because it makes your face look like you finished a banana and stuck the peel to your forehead.

Jessie_Sophie
09-11-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm a little bit bored but I don't blame Federer. H ejust plays amazing tennis and that's good. But the commentor people make me 'hate' him, cos they just keep saying stuff like: Yes, he's the no 1, people should be happy to be able to keep a ball on court.' So cos of that constantly 'kissing his ass' , i don't like him

yanchr
09-11-2005, 09:37 AM
And how he had saved all those bps in the 2nd set in superb style.

IMMORTALCHAMP
09-11-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm not bored of Federer. I think he's the perfect villain.

LuCaS@ro
09-11-2005, 10:08 AM
At the beg I was. Now i'm intrigued at him. How long will the dream last? How long until we'll get a really smart player to use everything Federer has, against him. Because that's the most annoying thing. A mirror image.
Until then I'll enjoy him play

purr
09-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Not bored at all. I used to get super-bored of Sampras winning all the time, but that's because I found his game uninteresting to watch. I love the way Federer plays, so I don't mind that he wins all the time. :)

Kristen
09-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Some fans seem to be bored of him winning all the time. Until a favourite of mine is against him in a final (or even in a regular match), it won't bother me so much. When you like the guys I like, you learn that winning isn't everything (but it is, REALLY nice...). Go Roger! Take the title ;)

oneandonlyhsn
09-11-2005, 10:53 AM

:worship: :worship:

Stevens Point
09-11-2005, 11:00 AM
http://real.xobix.ch/ramgen/sfdrs/vod/spak/450k/spak_20050910_003.rm?start=0:09:57.604&end=0:14:23.318 (high)
http://real.xobix.ch/ramgen/sfdrs/vod/spak/spak_20050910_003.rm?start=0:09:57.604&end=0:14:23.318 (low)

sigmagirl91
09-11-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm not bored by Federer.

uNIVERSE mAN
09-11-2005, 12:27 PM
I was bored of Sampras at Wimbledon.

Timariot
09-11-2005, 01:20 PM
People just forget how good Sampras was at his prime. It was not like the sad shadow of Sampras he was from 2001 onwards. At his best, he was nearly as magical as Federer is. When Fed arrived to the Tour, he was viewed by many as 'next Sampras' because he seemed to have similar effortless, flowing technique and movement.

Sure, Pete was sometimes boring to watch, especially if he played another serve-oriented player (like Goran), and especially on fast surfaces. But for example his straight-set win at Wimbledon final 1999 over Agassi is viewed by many as one of the most perfect matches ever.

Bilbo
09-11-2005, 01:44 PM
People like boring tennis. They want Federer to win everything instead of rooting for the underdog. Sad but true.

PamV
09-11-2005, 01:48 PM
People like boring tennis. They want Federer to win everything instead of rooting for the underdog. Sad but true.

Most people root for their favorite player and don't care who the underdog is. If you don't have any favorite then you just root for the underdog.

If you just don't like Federer personally then nothing is going to change your mind.

Bilbo
09-11-2005, 01:54 PM
So we have to root for Agassi here coz he's the most famous tennis player in the world and the underdog in this match.

Doris Loeffel
09-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Are u still bored of Federer ;) :P

drf716
09-12-2005, 01:03 AM
to quote someone: "Isn't there something about such regular perfection that leaves one a little cold?"

i am bored but what the hey, if marat was and is regularly perfect, i sure wouldn't be cold...(coz he's hot?! perhaps...hehe!)

martinatreue
09-12-2005, 03:18 AM
I can never get bored of his magical game and his cute smile. Love roger!!!

Paul Banks
09-12-2005, 03:19 AM
Yes, but whining about it on a messageboard is a bit pathetic. Crying like a baby won't make him dissapear.

NYCtennisfan
09-12-2005, 03:27 AM
What a wonderful dispaly of tennis I saw today from both players. Fed makes people raise their own games.

Lee
09-12-2005, 03:30 AM
If Federer continues to 'play down to the level of his opponent' and just do a little bit better to win, then I will be bored.

On the other hand, it may be more boring if he continues to blow his opponents out with bagels and breadsticks. :shrug:

rue
09-12-2005, 03:32 AM
I think in a way it is good that someone like him has come out and set the bar in men's tennis. If he played just as well as all the players out there now, tennis would kinda be boring cos every time they have grandslams it would be hard to even predict who would win. This means that any player would be able to win on any given day.

He basically has forced the other guys to raise their level. I think for guys like Roddick and Hewitt who are especially close to his age, they will find it much tougher to beat him. For players like Nadal, Gasquet, Berdych and perhaps even Monfils they are still very young and they have got so much more room for improvement than Hewitt and Roddick have. Out of that bunch, one of them should eventually be able to challenge Federer on a regular basis. He just needs a rivalry like Pete and Andre had. He does not yet have one which is why some people are sick and tired of him. You really can't hate on someone who is that good. He is a talented guy who is using his talents wisely and I admire that. Some talented players out there have wasted their talent cos they have not been willing to work as hard as Federer has.

He used to struggle, but ever since he put it together life has been so much easier for him. I think that he will continue to dominate but as he gets older we all know that he will no longer be as dominant cos the young guys would have caught up to him.

Corey Feldman
09-12-2005, 03:33 AM
i am bored but what the hey, if marat was and is regularly perfect, i sure wouldn't be cold...(coz he's hot?! perhaps...hehe!)
good and honest answer :yeah:

Tennis Fool
09-12-2005, 03:36 AM
Rue: Nice post. Definitely look to the Baby Balls next year.

Leo
09-12-2005, 04:24 AM
I was bored last year but I'm actually enjoying Roger's dominance now. He rocks! No one will ever be able to convince me that Federer is not good for men's tennis, just like no one can convince me that the Williams sisters were not good for women's tennis.

Just Cause
01-14-2007, 05:55 AM
yes..........yes.........yes..................
oh God...yes....

gulzhan
01-14-2007, 05:58 AM
yes, i am bored :sad:

refero*fervens
01-14-2007, 06:13 AM
yes..........yes.........yes..................
oh God...yes....

I can tell...

bokehlicious
01-14-2007, 07:56 AM
So bored of whiners... :rolleyes:

silverarrows
01-14-2007, 08:11 AM
I am extremely bored with Federer's opponents! They are not raising their game!. :cool:

tennis2tennis
01-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I am extremely bored with Federer's opponents! They are not raising their game!. :cool:

Thank god someone said it, blame the loser not the victor!

Allez
01-14-2007, 08:41 AM
How can anyone be bored of Federer :shrug:

nobama
01-14-2007, 08:56 AM
This is not a new thread. Was there really a need to bump it? :scratch:

denisgiann
01-14-2007, 02:33 PM
I dont think anyone who likes to watch beautiful tennis is bored of federer;) .Only those who are more concerned with petty rivalries and see their favorite get creamed every time he faces him.

Peoples
01-14-2007, 02:35 PM
yes, i am bored :sad:
Borat is that you? :kiss:

betterthanhenman
01-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Bored of the only great player we have right now?! I don't think so...

Snowwy
01-14-2007, 02:41 PM
In a way Im bored, because you pretty much know that he is going to win ever tourneament he is in. But at the same time, he is an entertaining player so to watch his matches is pretty entertaining, I must say.

pistolmarat
01-14-2007, 03:05 PM
I am bored of the players who have the potential to beat Fed, but still they're struggling with their own game.
However, Federer can win every tourney he plays, but I want to watch a QUALITY play from BOTH players!

Just Cause
05-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I am bored of the players who have the potential to beat Fed, but still they're struggling with their own game.
However, Federer can win every tourney he plays, but I want to watch a QUALITY play from BOTH players!

Funny, people Federer never does "quality" play against his nemesis, but we all know why....

federerfan7465
05-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Unecessary bump.

tangerine_dream
09-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Necessary bump.

Chiseller
09-09-2010, 02:55 PM
:sad:

maxardy
09-09-2010, 02:56 PM
i admit ive become his fan somewhere in 2008, only when he started losing. before that ive been hating him for such a long time because hes been winning literally everything. its far more interesting to watch him when his opponents arent afraid of him.

nalbyfan
09-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Federer IS boring, only Sampras could bore me more !!! A lot of players are more interesting than him !!!

bokehlicious
09-09-2010, 03:25 PM
I promise I'll start a same thread regarding piggy :)

gbmkc
09-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Very. And Nadal. And Murray's whole deal. And Roddick's downward loser spiral. And the "Next Great American" bandwagon.

Florida
09-09-2010, 04:49 PM
I love Federer, but I am bored of the same scenarios over and over again.... Federer dominating New York!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy Girl
09-09-2010, 04:50 PM
i admit ive become his fan somewhere in 2008, only when he started losing. before that ive been hating him for such a long time because hes been winning literally everything. its far more interesting to watch him when his opponents arent afraid of him.
Let me saying that you're a very strange fan.

But your avatar, let itself to look with greed....

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
Have you seen the drops?

Allez
09-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm only bored of watching him being destroyed by the likes of Montanes and all these other clowns he used to beat in his sleep :sad:

dodo
09-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Nice, a thread from 2005. Must have been a tough decade for some.
Not bored, quite the opposite.

shawshank
09-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm more than bored with Federer!

Sapeod
09-09-2010, 05:41 PM
OP = Fool

Sapeod
09-09-2010, 05:43 PM
This thread sucks, anyone who is bored with Federer is a tennis hater.

guga2120
09-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Great thread, and its from 2005. :yeah:

Safin_Lover
09-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Fed is the big reason mens tennis is interesting. Watching ass picker & pusher makes me sleepy in the mid match. Gud that Stan is picking his game up...

ossie
09-09-2010, 06:42 PM
thank god for rafa who made tennis interesting again

swebright
09-09-2010, 07:13 PM
You'll be more bored in 2015 because Roger will still be playing great tennis and can challange the slams. Who thinks he could still hang around till 35???? I am not seriously seeing any young up and comers. It's very doubtful that other current players can keep up their momentum. I don't know.

It seems like Roger and Rafa can maintain their fitness (both physical and mental) than others. Or, since Rafa has changed his playing style and +++ improvements, he might play till age 40, even with bilateral prosthetic knees!!!

Before, most players can't maintain their forms after 25-26. Now, they seem to peak later. Huge improvement because of fitness+technology. No more teenage champions. It will be like seniors' champions.

tennismaster1978
09-09-2010, 07:31 PM
I never will be bored of federer. In fact, I will be very sad when he retires. It will mark myself getting old and the end of the greatest tennis player ever. I hope he beats rafa in the USOP 10. Though I dont think he can, based on the way rafa's serving.

Matt H
09-09-2010, 08:44 PM
I never will be bored of federer. In fact, I will be very sad when he retires. It will mark myself getting old and the end of the greatest tennis player ever. I hope he beats rafa in the USOP 10. Though I dont think he can, based on the way rafa's serving.

I too, will never get tired of Federer. He brings elegance and class to the game, both on the court and off. He is hitting the ball beautifully, despite the difficult conditions in this US Open, and also serving very well.

A potential match-up in the finals against with Rafa would be a toss-up, I think. Rafa has improved his served tremendously, but the faster court surface favors Fed. It could be a match for the ages.

rtgy
09-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Not bored, quite the opposite.

:lol: :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

jcreback
09-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Right after I get bored of having threesomes with supermodels.

tangerine_dream
09-09-2010, 10:34 PM
5 years is a decade? Apt screenname.

nobama
09-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Necessary bump.are we board of tangerine_dream? that would be a big fat yes. :D

christallh24
09-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Yes. Other than that, he's a great guy!

Topspindoctor
09-28-2010, 05:57 PM
The only thing that is bad about Federer is that he's failing to show up in slam finals. Rafa needs to improve that 14-7 H2H and upgrade Fed's status from pigeon to a turkey before he retires :yeah:

FormerRafaFan
09-28-2010, 06:01 PM
The only thing that is bad about Federer is that he's failing to show up in slam finals. Rafa needs to improve that 14-7 H2H and upgrade Fed's status from pigeon to a turkey before he retires :yeah:

Confirmative. A few more beatdowns before Fed retires would be awesome :)

tennis2tennis
09-28-2010, 06:33 PM
wow some people think Rafa's going to continue this streak of reaching hardcourt finals:devil:expect the he-was-injured-brigade to come out in force when his cake-draw luck ends

sco
09-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Well, I would never have dreamed that he would go on to win 10 more GS after this post and to have dominated tennis for so long. Yet here we are 5 years later, and he's still winning GS titles. I'd be happy if he could squeeze out 2 more.

He's a long way off his peak but everybody else on the tour except Nadal would trade their 2010 for Fed's. I'm actually sad that the end is close. He said he'd play until Olympics 2012. That's only 6 GS away from now. The combination of beauty and elegance in his game and the absolute peak/prime and (still working on) longevity was a pleasure to behold.

Raferminator
09-28-2010, 07:40 PM

Fed, after his next three matches against Rafa (if he can start winning enough matches to even play Rafa):

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/540/fedchickencopy.jpg

Matt01
09-28-2010, 07:41 PM
wow some people think Rafa's going to continue this streak of reaching hardcourt finals:devil:expect the he-was-injured-brigade to come out in force when his cake-draw luck ends

:confused:

Persimmon
09-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I see Fed winning one more slam at the most. So, those bored of him won't have to put up with him winning many more slams.

.-Federers_Mate-.
09-28-2010, 09:16 PM
How can people be bored of Roger?. The tennis he plays is just astounding..he can do everything dtl bh winners snv, all too perfection. Atleast he doesnt cheat and grind from the baseline taking advatage of players who are off form or injured. Roger has the best raquet,attire aswell as he is the biggest humanitatrian on tour,so off court he is sorted.

this match by Roger is was tereal tennis players should expect from a number 1 player. Not cheating and grinding

Hz0gQHUUpSY

finishingmove
09-29-2010, 12:59 AM
yes this tennis that Federer and Robredo employ (and they even wear similar attire) is a joy to watch, unlike watching clowns like Monfils, Simon or Gasquet with their pathetic pusher tennis.

FlameOn
09-29-2010, 02:21 AM
It's a bit hard to be sick of him at the moment since he's only a part time player.

Topspindoctor
09-29-2010, 02:54 AM
How can people be bored of Roger?. The tennis he plays is just astounding..he can do everything dtl bh winners snv, all too perfection. Atleast he doesnt cheat and grind from the baseline taking advatage of players who are off form or injured. Roger has the best raquet,attire aswell as he is the biggest humanitatrian on tour,so off court he is sorted.

Don't forget he perfected dumping easy backhands into the net and making excuses after every loss he suffered in 2010. :wavey:

Pirata.
09-29-2010, 02:58 AM
Don't forget he perfected dumping easy backhands into the net and making excuses after every loss he suffered in 2010. :wavey:

Right, because no other player has ever made an excuse after a loss ever.

Please. Do you even read your own posts? How can you handle your own idiocy?

BigJohn
09-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Right, because no other player has ever made an excuse after a loss ever.

Please. Do you even read your own posts? How can you handle your own idiocy?

He's not aware of it.

Nekromanta
09-29-2010, 04:02 AM
No, I like to watch him play.

The Magician
09-29-2010, 04:31 AM

this match by Roger is was tereal tennis players should expect from a number 1 player. Not cheating and grinding

Hz0gQHUUpSY

What a match that was :worship: I hope everyone who originally posted in this thread regrets it and laments for the glory days of 2004-2006, we were watching history then rather than muggery now :o

HarryMan
09-29-2010, 06:22 AM
No. I never was bored of Federer previously when he used to dominate, neither am I bored of him now when he no longer is the player he once was. Nothing lasts forever, and people who are aware about that fact to begin with, won't ever be disappointed about anything. I enjoy watching him play irrespective of whether he wins or loses.

Just enjoy these players for what they do everyday to entertain us tennis fans, that's what I feel about Federer (who is my favorite) and other players as well. Because things don't ever last forever. :)

Clay Death
09-29-2010, 06:26 AM
fed still has a monster game and he will continue to challenge others to raise their game and their fitness.

the sport needs fed.

.-Federers_Mate-.
09-29-2010, 07:29 AM
no he did not. In Australia he wiped the floor with everyone, got a illness and started too play poorly. He has also had various problems with his back. Of course you would not know how hard it is too play with a bad back because you dont play tennis yourself. He had a legit bandage on at wimby, but because he is such a fighter and so much respect for the sport that he wold not retire in the QF of a slam. I mean who withdraws within the late stages of slams?...certainly not one who has respect for the sports image, or has enough self respect. By retiring in the QF's of a slam it shows that you have a inferiority complex..its a terrible look and embarrassing for the sport

Mjau!
09-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Federer should have won AO & USO -09. He had the chance to claim the CYGS and totally cement his GOAT status but blew it. :ras:

nalbyfan
09-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Of course i'm bored of him as always...he's the most boring tennis player, even Sampras was more interesting than him !!!