Paris

Allez! Let's kick ass indoors! :bounce: :rocker2:

silverwhite
09-09-2005, 02:55 AM
And he'll have the home crowd on his side for most of the tourneys. :D

Daniela_CABJ
09-09-2005, 03:07 AM
And he'll have the home crowd on his side for most of the tourneys. :D
that's going to be really good for him!!! :)

Do u think He should play Thailand?

silverwhite
09-09-2005, 03:10 AM
that's going to be really good for him!!! :)

Do u think He should play Thailand?

I don't think he will. He said he was going to rest three or four weeks after the US Open, which takes away Bangkok and maybe Metz. Besides, it's unlikely that he's going to travel all the way to Asia to play one tournament. ;)

*julie*
09-09-2005, 06:35 AM
I think he will play Metz as he was finalist there last year and has points to defend.

Chloe le Bopper
09-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Richard wins at life.

silverwhite
09-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Richard wins at life.

What about his hair? :bigcry:

silverwhite
09-09-2005, 03:02 PM
I think he will play Metz as he was finalist there last year and has points to defend.

Yeah, I know, but if he is still injured, he might decide to skip it.

I remember Metz last year very well. Haehnel beat Paulo in the semis then Richard in the final. :fiery:

Suzi
09-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Well whatever he does decide to do, Good luck to him http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/grinning-smiley-004.gif and i also hope he takes as much time to recover rather than to rush his recovery from his elbow

tennisgirl19
09-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Good Luck Richard :bigclap:

Kick some major bootie on the indoor season!

Cindy19
09-10-2005, 01:29 AM
If we still have Heineken Open this year, i think maybe richard will be shanghai :sad: :sad: :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Richie :banana: Allez

delsa
09-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Allez Richard! :bounce:

×Dees
09-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Allez Richard ! :rocker2:

x

*julie*
09-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Nothing new but...
Eric Deblicker is commentating the USO semis on Eurosport right now and he said that they haven't decided yet wether Richard will come back in Bangkok or Metz. It will depend on Richard's injury...
They have planned to start some fitness from next Monday... Good idea :yeah: ;)

silverwhite
09-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Great news! :)

delsa
09-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Good news indeed! So he might play in Bangkok after all? :D
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/c050.gif Fitness! Fitness! Fitness! http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/g080.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/g085.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/g055.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/g065.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/c020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/a035.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/g095.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/a015.gif
It must become his all time obsession now! :lol:

delsa
09-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Nothing new but...
Eric Deblicker is commentating the USO semis on Eurosport right now and he said that they haven't decided yet wether Richard will come back in Bangkok or Metz. It will depend on Richard's injury...
They have planned to start some fitness from next Monday... Good idea :yeah: ;)
Another report says all the infos are:

1) Richard is in "holyday" for one week right now. He's resting. He'll get back to physical training (fitness) on Monday.
2) He had some medical tests/examinations done on his elbow and their results are due on Monday.
3) Depending on the diagnosis of the doc', he'll come back to competition either in Bangkok or in Metz.

;)

Does Eric often comment on Eurosport? :lol:

silverwhite
09-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Monday :scared:

delsa
09-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Monday :scared:
:confused: Too soon? An "unlucky" day in some weird superstitions? ... :shrug:

silverwhite
09-10-2005, 07:40 PM
:confused: Too soon? An "unlucky" day in some weird superstitions? ... :shrug:

Just saying. A lot will be revealed on Monday - how his elbow is, when he will recover, when his next tournament is, etc. :p

delsa
09-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Just saying. A lot will be revealed on Monday - how his elbow is, when he will recover, when his next tournament is, etc. :p
Sorry... Of course! :o
Delsa, go buy yourself a functionning brain! :smash: :rolleyes:

silverwhite
09-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Sorry... Of course! :o
Delsa, go buy yourself a functionning brain! :smash: :rolleyes:

Paulo needs one more than you do. :lol: :o

delsa
09-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Paulo needs one more than you do. :lol: :o
Well it's not because it doesn't functionate from time to time like mine, it's because his functionates too much...:tape:
And yeah: monday :scared: *cross fingers*

zimzim
09-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I hope the news would be good on Monday

*julie*
09-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Another report says all the infos are:

1) Richard is in "holyday" for one week right now. He's resting. He'll get back to physical training (fitness) on Monday.
2) He had some medical tests/examinations done on his elbow and their results are due on Monday.
3) Depending on the diagnosis of the doc', he'll come back to competition either in Bangkok or in Metz.

;)

Does Eric often comment on Eurosport? :lol:

Yes. You are right Delsa. That's all the infos Eric talked about on Eurosport.
It is the first time I have seen Eric commenting a match on Eurosport but I haven't seen all the matches so... :shrug: ;)

*julie*
09-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Well it's not because it doesn't functionate from time to time like mine, it's because his functioniates too much...:tape:
And yeah: monday :scared: *cross fingers*

Exactly Delsa. It would be better if Paulo had no brain... :o :lol:

tennisgirl19
09-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Monday :eek: My fingers(and toes) are crossed that the results will be all well.

Btw, Delsa I love your working out smileys. So cute!!

Daniela_CABJ
09-11-2005, 04:19 AM
I'll be like this ultil I hear the medical tests results :speakles:

:worship: Good Luck Richard :hug:

Cindy19
09-12-2005, 11:51 AM
"holyday" if i have that that will be sooooooo nice
no work, no move just stay at home and stay with my sweet tv...

delsa
09-12-2005, 03:51 PM
L'Equipe.fr:

12/09/2005

Gasquet indisponible dix jours

Richard Gasquet, blessé au coude droit lors de l'US Open, devra observer dix jours de repos absolu avant de reprendre progressivement l'entraînement. «Un nouveau point clinique sera fait le 23 septembre pour son retour à la compétition», a précisé la Fédération dans un communiqué. Le jeune Bittérois, souffrant depuis le début du tournoi américain, s'était toutefois hissé jusqu'aux 1/8 de finale où il avait été éliminé par l'Américain Robby Ginepri.

Associated Press via Yahoo! France Sport:

Richard Gasquet arrêté pendant dix jours en raison d'une douleur au coude droit
lundi 12 septembre, 12h34

PARIS (AP) - Richard Gasquet est au repos pour dix jours en raison d'une douleur au coude droit, a annoncé lundi la Fédération française de tennis.

Arrêté à la suite de cette douleur "provoquée par un conflit postérieur olécranien", il reprendra ensuite progressivement l'entraînement et "un nouveau point clinique sera fait le 23 septembre pour son retour à la compétition", précise un communiqué de la fédération.

Cette tendinite au coude dont souffre le Français depuis plus de trois semaines l'avait gêné la semaine dernière lors de l'US Open à Flushing Meadows. Tête de série numéro 13, il avait été sorti en 8e de finale par l'Américain Robby Ginepri. AP

sb/com

=> Can't play or train for 10 days. Must imperatively rest the tendon i guess. New medical examination/tests planed on September 23th for his return to competition. It was said in a very short and elusive official statement from the FFT. And in this particular case, i don't think "no news is good news"... :(

tennisgirl19
09-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Oh my gosh, that's so sad. :bigcry:

Poor, poor Richard :sad: I feel so bad for him. I hope that on the 23rd the new results will be okay. I wonder what he's going to go until the 23rd. *thinks*
Since its only his arm that is bothering him, he can probably still train the lower half of his body (leg exercises, etc.).

Poor Richard :sad:

Suzi
09-12-2005, 09:22 PM
hmm bad news richard, but I think we all hope that he will take his time to recover and hope the news is good on the 23rd :hug:

Daniela_CABJ
09-13-2005, 04:02 AM
Poor Richard... :crying2:
I hope he gets better :sad:

Get well Richard!!! :hug:

silverwhite
09-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Richard :sad: Eric will probably make him work on his fitness though. :lol:

Sometimes, injuries are not a bad thing. You get to work on other parts of your game. For example, when Serena Williams injured her left hand a couple of years ago, she coudn't hit a backhand but practised the forehand a lot, and it became so much better after that, and no doubt helped her win slams.

Ayane
09-14-2005, 10:31 AM
This is a source oficial, we know now that Richard is out of Bangkok of Bangkok because of his elbow injury !!

*julie*
09-14-2005, 10:37 AM
This is a source oficial, we know now that Richard is out of Bangkok of Bangkok because of his elbow injury !!

Which source? :shrug:

tennisgirl19
09-14-2005, 08:48 PM
On Richard's official site he's listed as playing Metz as his next tournament. So I guess its official that he won't play Thailand now. Smart desicion on his part.

*julie*
09-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Thank you ;) I agree it's better for him not to play there.

Daniela_CABJ
09-15-2005, 02:19 AM
Thank you ;) I agree it's better for him not to play there.

same here...

thanks for the info :)

delsa
09-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Well, it's not as if we didn't expect it. I think it's a good decision too. Thank you very much for the info Sinead! ;)

silverwhite
09-24-2005, 09:31 AM
He's officially pulled out of Bangkok now. Hopefully, he'll be ready for Metz. :)

delsa
09-24-2005, 09:44 AM
He's officially pulled out of Bangkok now. Hopefully, he'll be ready for Metz. :)
Some ppl on his site spoke to docs about the fact that he's said by newspapers to have a "fissure osseuse" and they said it'd have been impossible for him to play if that was true so they probably got it wrong and it's a tendinitis. But who cares if he's healed to play in Metz anyway eventually?
Just thought i spoke about some ppl's suspision... ;)

silverwhite
09-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Some ppl on his site spoke to docs about the fact that he's said by newspapers to have a "fissure osseuse" and they said it'd have been impossible for him to play if that was true so they probably got it wrong and it's a tendinitis. But who cares if he's healed to play in Metz anyway eventually?
Just thought i spoke about some ppl's suspision... ;)

I visit the forum on his site once in a while but reading the posts makes my head spin. :lol:

delsa
09-24-2005, 09:57 AM
I visit the forum on his site once in a while but reading the posts makes my head spin. :lol:
Yep. :lol: There are often very long posts, they speculate like crazy/too much about everything, post stats, ban girls who come because of "hormonal pulsions" very quickly etc... They're like a "nice sect" :lol:
Interesting but since there are lots of posts a day and i don't have the time to read them all and that's what i'd couldn't help to do if i'd visit more often i just force myself to go only once in a while like you... ;)

silverwhite
09-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Yep. :lol: There are often very long posts, they speculate like crazy/too much about everything, post stats, ban girls who come because of "hormonal pulsions" very quicly etc... They're like a "nice sect" :lol:
Interesting but since there are lots of posts a day and i don't have the time to read them all and that's what i'd couldn't help to do if i'd visit more often i just force myself to go only once in a while like you... ;)

I try not to go there too often otherwise, I might believe that Richard will without a doubt be a future #1 and win a lot of Grand Slams too. :o

delsa
09-24-2005, 10:10 AM
I try not to go there too often otherwise, I might believe that Richard will without a doubt be a future #1 and win a lot of Grand Slams too. :o
Well, that's not what the most of them are saying... They're all doing their best to find reasons to worry, find ways of improving his shots and attitude (because they know better, don't they?...), and analysing his matches, and suggesting that he should do this or that, and "will he be at the Masters?", "i think he shouldn't because he must use the off season to work on his fitness and rest" or "he should maybe if he can this year it will be his only opportunity" and it is interesting (there are very interesting subjects about French tennis etc...) but it goes on and on and on and that's too much speculation for me. My brain doesn't follow. ;)
You can feel the pressure he could have when reading those posts. They're analysing every single moves of his...:unsure:
Lots of hopes, lots of criticism (in the good neutral sense), lots of speculation, anticipation, scrutinazing, "adoration" threads too...

silverwhite
09-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, that's not what the most of them are saying... They're all doing their best to find reasons to worry, find ways of improving his shots and attitude (because they know better, don't they?...), and analysing his matches, and suggesting that he should do this or that, and "will he be at the Masters?", "i think he shouldn't because he must use the off season to work on his fitness and rest" or "he should maybe if he can this year it will be his only opportunity" and it is interesting (there are very interesting subjects about French tennis etc...) but it goes on and on and on and that's too much speculation for me. My brain doesn't follow. ;)
You can feel the pressure he could have when reading those posts. They're analysing every single moves of his...:unsure:
Lots of hopes, lots of criticism (in the good neutral sense), lots of speculation, anticipation, scrutinazing, "adoration" threads too...

Yes. A lot of them are trying not to get their hopes up, but you can feel that a lot of them are expecting a lot from him. There's even a thread "Federer et Gasquet" or something like that. There are some who even think that Richard is at the stage Federer was a few years ago and will be #1 in a few years...

Maybe it's not as bad as I made it out to be, but there's a lot more pressure on him in that forum as compared to on MTF. :shrug:

delsa
09-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Yes. A lot of them are trying not to get their hopes up, but you can feel that a lot of them are expecting a lot from him. There's even a thread "Federer et Gasquet" or something like that. There are some who even think that Richard is at the stage Federer was a few years ago and will be #1 in a few years...

Maybe it's not as bad as I made it out to be, but there's a lot more pressure on him in that forum as compared to on MTF. :shrug:
I know this. Well, the starter of the thread was almost insulted if i understood it well...:lol: An anonymous (how coward) said it was stupid comparing him to Federer and that it was "intellectual masturbation" (direct translation but i think it's "wishful thinking" in English, no?)...
There is all those fearing 2006 too much too... Those whining about his lack of endurance, those regretting Benhabilès made him create for himself a "compact serve" à la Roddick and thinking he shouldn't keep going this road with his serve with Deblicker...
Those speaking about his tennis elbow.
Those saying that if he doesn't win a TMS next year it 'd mean he will be a "unsatisfied hope" like the other last Frenchies etc...Because he must "confirm".
Those unhappy about him moving to Swizerland and whining about the French taxes...
But there also praising him and very faithful. It's a big mess. Too much...Lots of pressure. Lots of pressure...:scared:
We'll have to ask Choupi and the others for reports and pics of Metz. ;)

silverwhite
09-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Maybe we could get her to carry a message for us too (to Paulo too, perhaps). :D

delsa
09-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Maybe we could get her to carry a message for us too (to Paulo too, perhaps). :D
Good idea. :D You want me and the others who planed to go there to try to carry a message in Paris-Bercy too? ;)

silverwhite
09-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Good idea. :D You want me and the others who planed to go there to try to carry a message in Paris-Bercy too? ;)

You'r going to Paris-Bercy? :D Lucky you. :p

silverwhite
09-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Actually, I'm not sure what message we would have for him. Maybe we just have to let him know that there are a lot of people supporting him from all over the world.

Perhaps we should come up with a slogan ASAP, so he will recognise us as a group. Eg. If Choupi goes to Metz and tells him the Gasquettards/Gasquet Blowers (:o)/Whatever send their support, and then you or whoever goes to Paris-Bercy and tells him the same thing, he'll know that there is a group of fans who follows him in whatever he does. Just an idea. :p

delsa
09-24-2005, 10:54 AM
You'r going to Paris-Bercy? :D Lucky you. :p
Yep. :banana:
I wasn't able to see him last year because i didn't went on the good days (:ras: ) but i'm going for more days (it will start during the end of a 10 days holiday) to be sure not to miss him and other players this year so hopefully i will be able to carry the message.
But if an ATP event is held in Singapore next year as it could be the case maybe you'll be able to see him too and we'll have to ask you to carry a message. ;) :p
Good idea about the slogan to tell him a group of international supporters (not the kind to put pressure on him to continue the discussion...;)) are behind him. We must find one ASAP. Maybe a present too?

silverwhite
09-24-2005, 11:04 AM
We're not likely to get a tourney here, unfortunately. The ATP prefers Spain. But even if we do, I doubt Richard would come all the way here. :p

delsa
09-24-2005, 11:11 AM
We're not likely to get a tourney here, unfortunately. The ATP prefers Spain. But even if we do, I doubt Richard would come all the way here. :p
Who knows? Both for the tourney and Richard coming to S-E Asia. It's possible since until the last minute he was ready to go to Bankok if that was not for the docs saying he couldn't go. :p

silverwhite
09-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Who knows? Both for the tourney and Richard coming to S-E Asia. It's possible since until the last minute he was ready to go to Bankok if that was not for the docs saying he couldn't go. :p

Well, I will not get my hopes up. :p Anyway, I'm probably going overseas to study in 4 years or so, so it doesn't matter if I don't get to see him here. ;)

delsa
09-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Well, I will not get my hopes up. :p Anyway, I'm probably going overseas to study in 4 years or so, so it doesn't matter if I don't get to see him here. ;)
Maybe i will too so i must take my chance now when i still have it. Maybe that's one of my last opportunities. ;)
So about that present/message?

silverwhite
09-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Maybe i will too so i must take my chance now when i still have it. Maybe that's one of my last opportunities. ;)
So about that present/message?

I haven't thought much about it yet. We still have one week to plan. :p

delsa
09-24-2005, 12:53 PM
I haven't thought much about it yet. We still have one week to plan. :p
Tic Tac Tic Tac...goes the clock... :p

chicky841
09-24-2005, 07:21 PM
well all the speculation about richie is mostly on the french forum. The english one is pretty normal. Some of them say that the english forum doesnt talk about his tennis enough lol.

delsa
09-24-2005, 08:16 PM
well all the speculation about richie is mostly on the french forum. The english one is pretty normal. Some of them say that the english forum doesnt talk about his tennis enough lol.
You post there? ;)

tennisgirl19
09-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Its true. On the english forum there isn't much tennis talk.
The most popular threads are the video and the picture ones.

delsa
09-24-2005, 08:25 PM
I rarely go to the English part of the forum but that wasn't very lively when i went. :sad: Has it changed since Richie seems to be more popular now, Sinead/Tg19/Sweet4Richard (since we're talking about the RG.net's forum...;))? But i don't post there. Just read and post like once in a blue moon when i read things that are too absurd for my taste... always as an Anonymous/Invité...
Maybe i should sign up. I saw you did Silverwhite. :aplot:

tennisgirl19
09-24-2005, 08:30 PM
:lol: at all my different names

Its a bit more lively than before, but there's only a couple of people who post. Right now the discussions are bland since there's no tournament, but during a tournament the tournament threads are okay since we do talk about tennis and the draw (among other things).
I remember reading it back in 2003/2004 and the English forum had not a soul. It was really pathetic. Its much better now.

chicky841
09-24-2005, 08:45 PM
lol it is pretty pathetic, thats y i come on here to talk about richie. every now and then something good comes up.

Suzi
09-24-2005, 09:18 PM
i spend more time on mtf cos i prefer it, no offence to the rg site but i kinda know more peeps here

silverwhite
09-25-2005, 02:46 AM
I rarely go to the English part of the forum but that wasn't very lively when i went. :sad: Has it changed since Richie seems to be more popular now, Sinead/Tg19/Sweet4Richard (since we're talking about the RG.net's forum...;))? But i don't post there. Just read and post like once in a blue moon when i read things that are too absurd for my taste... always as an Anonymous/Invité...
Maybe i should sign up. I saw you did Silverwhite. :aplot:

I did, but I can't log in for some reason. Not that I would have anything to say, with my poor French standard. :o

Daniela_CABJ
09-25-2005, 03:35 AM
I'm "one of them" I moderate the english part of RG.net and I think there should be a little more tennis talk there.
I'm Daniela there (really original)

silverwhite
09-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Wow, you're a moderator there? :eek:

chicky841
09-25-2005, 03:38 AM
oooooooo ur Daniela. no dont change it. i like the non tennis talk it makes it funner. by the way I sent u a pm b4 not sure if u got it. im chicky841 on there. lol its too hard for me to keep track of names.

Daniela_CABJ
09-25-2005, 04:00 AM
oooooooo ur Daniela. no dont change it. i like the non tennis talk it makes it funner. by the way I sent u a pm b4 not sure if u got it. im chicky841 on there. lol its too hard for me to keep track of names.

it's not that I don't like the non-tennis talk but someone makes a post and then you see 10 post like "yes" "no" ":)" "OH" "yeah!" "haha"
1 word posts suck!
I sent you a PM answer ;)

chicky841
09-25-2005, 04:04 AM
ok i understand ill make an effort to make my posts longer.

Daniela_CABJ
09-25-2005, 04:35 AM
Wow, you're a moderator there? :eek:

yes! My name's Daniela there (it's my real name) and I have the same avatar, wow... also on MSN, same name and av...

*julie*
09-25-2005, 01:31 PM
:topic: The whole page is off-topic :mad: :lol:

Go to the chat thread and enjoy ;)

tennisgirl19
09-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Since Richard's indoor season hasn't started yet and there isn't much to talk about on this thread I figued we could predict how well we think Richard will (or will not do) on the indoor season this year based on his game.

Questions to Ponder:
Will Richard do better this year in Metz?
How will his elbow hold up through this season?
Will he do well enough in the Masters that he could possibly qualify for Shanghai?

--I think that Richard does have a shot to qualify for Shanghai depending on how the elbow holds up. He is currently in 12th place I believe so he is on the brink of become the alt. I just hope that he won't injure himself more if the elbow isn't 100 percent. I rather him not play that many tournament for the rest year of the year so he can rest up for 2006.

delsa
09-25-2005, 06:56 PM
You're right Sinead. Let's begin to speculate in here too. We'll show them how it's done without putting pressure on him...;)

The problem for Shangai is that Safin who has is place booked already as a GS winner this year is ranked 8th at the Race. So Richard has to focus on the 7th spot if he really wants to be in Shangai at the end of the year. And some say it would be wise not to have the Masters' Cup as a goal this year for him because he must make good use of the off season to rest, cure himself and above all, work on his fitness a lot...I don't think like that. And i think he should go for it butit's understandable to think as they do.

Because the next season, from the end of March/the beginning of April till the end will be the one of "confirmation" for him, it will be very hard and that's when we'll see if he is cut out to be a champion already or not yet...(it won't mean he'll never achieve anything if he doesn't perform as well duh! :rolleyes: It will just mean he's keeping learning the rules of the highest level...)
Indoor HC is a great surface for him like almost every surface actually. Like he said, he showed he can play on the two extreme/opposite surfaces in terms of speed (clay<<<<grass) so Indoor HC which is somewhere in the middle close to grass is supposed to be a surface where he'll be able to play his game as he like.
Plus there is the home crowd factor that can help him too if he wants to take the challenge of fighting in the race for the Masters'...

Metz as a far stronger field this year than in 2004... Let's hope he can at least make the final again to defend his points of last year's. ;)

Jennay
09-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Good luck for Richie during his indoor season! :kiss: Take care of the elbow. :hug:

tennisgirl19
10-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Metz Main Draw:

http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2005/341/MDS.pdf

(1) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS v. MELLO, Ricardo BRA
LLODRA, Michael FRA v. qualifier
SABAU, Razvan ROM v. SEPPI, Andreas ITA
PAVEL, Andrei ROM v. (7) SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA

(3) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO v. ACASUSO, Jose ARG
SANTORO, Fabrice FRA v. MELZER, Jurgen AUT
qualifier v. qualifier
ZIB, Tomas CZE v. (5) SODERLING, Robin SWE

(8) MASSU, Nicolas CHI v. CALLERI, Agustin ARG
(WC) PHILIPPOUSSIS, Mark AUS v. (SE) BEHREND, Tomas GER
EL AYNAOUI, Younes MAR v. MAYER, Florian GER
(WC) ASCIONE, Thierry FRA v. (4) HRBATY, Dominik SVK

(6) MONFILS, Gael FRA v. CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG
(WC) CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA v. qualifier
ANDREEV, Igor RUS v. MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
BECK, Karol SVK v. (2) GASQUET, Richard FRA

delsa
10-02-2005, 12:02 AM
What a draw! :banghead: :help: :rolleyes:
But good luck Richard! :bounce:

Some useful or interesting stuff:

FFT's page for this year's Open de Moselle: http://www.fft.fr/open-de-moselle/

Official site of the tournament: http://www.opendemoselle.com/

Prize money and points for Metz (ATP 375,750 $) :
Singles
Winner: 44,100 € (53,169.04 US $)
Runner-up: 26,000 € (31,346.83 US $)
1/2 Finalist: 15,300 € (18,446.40 US $)
1/4 Finalist: 9,000 € (10,850.83 US$)
1/8: 5,300 € (6,389.93 US $)
1st round: 3,120 € (3,761.62 US $)

Doubles (shared by the team members)
Winners: 13,950 € (16,818.78 US $)
Runner-ups: 8,200 € (9,886.31 US $)
1/2 Finalists: 4,800 € (5,787.11 US $)
1/4 Finalists: 2,900 € (3,496.38 US $)
1/8: 1,700 € (2,049.60 US $)

Points (Let the race begin... ;) )
"ATP CHAMPIONS RACE 2005"
Winner: 35 points
Runner-up: 24 points
1/2 Finalist: 15 points
1/4 Finalist: 8 points
1/8: 3 points
1st round: 1 point

Phunkadelicious
10-02-2005, 12:19 AM
a Monfils Gasquet quarter would be delicious :drool:

chicky841
10-02-2005, 12:27 AM
arnaud needed a wild card to get in?

tennisgirl19
10-02-2005, 01:49 AM
I think that Richard's first match is going to be very telling. It will be his first match since his loss to Robby at the US Open and also his first time playing after he had time to rest his injury. I suspect that he is going to be rusty during parts of the match (especially against Beck who is no easy opponent), but hopefully he will be able to get through. Since I'm going to be in school when the match is on (and since I have no coverage) I'm hoping that someone who can see the match will tell me(us) how Richard looks.
I'm a bit nervous about this match since its first one back and he has finalist points to defend.

Allez Richard :banana:

silverwhite
10-02-2005, 02:01 AM
AWFUL draw! :fiery: Tough first round match. Beck is really good indoors.

silverwhite
10-02-2005, 02:02 AM
Richard decided not to play doubles afterall. I think he wants to go slow on his elbow. Arnaud is playing with Ascione instead.

chicky841
10-02-2005, 02:23 AM
this always happens. argh! i was so lookin forward to seein them play togther. oh well richie needs to rest.

Daniela_CABJ
10-02-2005, 03:33 AM
:eek: I agree! what a draw! :mad:
I hope his elbow is fine!
:yeah: Allez Richard!

delsa
10-03-2005, 06:31 PM
I think that Richard's first match is going to be very telling. It will be his first match since his loss to Robby at the US Open and also his first time playing after he had time to rest his injury. I suspect that he is going to be rusty during parts of the match (especially against Beck who is no easy opponent), but hopefully he will be able to get through. Since I'm going to be in school when the match is on (and since I have no coverage) I'm hoping that someone who can see the match will tell me(us) how Richard looks.
I'm a bit nervous about this match since its first one back and he has finalist points to defend.

I agree with you 100%. I'm afraid because it's a very tough match ahead for a rusty Richard to play and because maybe his elbow's not completely healed yet. But the fact that he's in a very good mood (not like during the HC outdoor season for ex at the end...) and motivated to do well brings some confidence...;) And there are a lot of points at stake too...:unsure:
The problem is we will have to ask ppl who are going to see it live or maybe Daniela if she has the coverage of this match to have reports because there is no coverage here until the 1/4 (and only three of them...). Can you believe it? :fiery: And i'll probably be in school when it will take place too...

Allez Richard on Wednesday against Beck! :bounce:

tennisgirl19
10-03-2005, 09:41 PM
That's horrible Delsa they only show three of the quaterfinals. That's just plain wrong. Hopefully Richard will get that fair *crosses fingers*

I can't believe he has to play his opening round on Wednesday! I was expecting a nice Tuesday start then a day off before the 2nd round (if he wins). But let's say he does get to the final he is going to be playing 5 days straight with no rest. Damn scheduling. :mad:

SwissMister1
10-03-2005, 09:50 PM
I really don't like these tournaments with their wednesday 1st round schedulings, it can't be good for the players. (And also throws me off when it comes to the games I am in :) )

simpletennis
10-04-2005, 03:20 AM
does anyone know if metz has a tourn. site?

Daniela_CABJ
10-04-2005, 04:20 AM
does anyone know if metz has a tourn. site?
www.opendemoselle.com :D

Daniela_CABJ
10-04-2005, 04:26 AM
BTW, from Metz site

http://www.opendemoselle.com/imgloaded/t_g21_18.jpg
Arrivée de Richard Gasquet à l'Open
Richard Gasquet est arrivé aujourd'hui. Le numéro un français, 12e au classement ATP, est venu à Metz avec la ferme intention de remporter le tournoi, comme il l'a annoncé dernièrement à Paris, peu avant sa venue.
L'Open de Moselle est une compétition qu'il affectionne tout particulièrement puisque c'est sur ce tournoi qu'il avait clairement redonné un souffle à sa carrière après une période très incertaine

*julie*
10-04-2005, 02:55 PM
I can't believe he has to play his opening round on Wednesday! I was expecting a nice Tuesday start then a day off before the 2nd round (if he wins). But let's say he does get to the final he is going to be playing 5 days straight with no rest. Damn scheduling. :mad:

I was surprised, but I heard that Richard asked the organisers to play on Wednesday... :shrug:

delsa
10-04-2005, 08:09 PM
I was surprised, but I heard that Richard asked the organisers to play on Wednesday... :shrug:
Yep. It was said in the article we both translated recently... :confused:

chicky841
10-04-2005, 10:08 PM
so is arnaud, paulo and richie all playin on wednesday? if they are i dont think i can take the stress.

Daniela_CABJ
10-05-2005, 02:27 AM
From Metz site
(just Richard's part of the OP)

Matches du 05 Octobre

Court Central :

Pas avant 18:00

Michael Llodra / Fabrice Santoro
Contre
Paul-Henri Mathieu / Gael Monfils

Suivi de

Augustin Calleri
Contre
Mark Philippoussis

Suivi de

Karol Beck
Contre
Richard Gasquet

it's going to be really tough against Beck!
:yeah: Allez Richard!!!

simpletennis
10-05-2005, 03:33 AM
www.opendemoselle.com :D

thanks a lot!!

tennisgirl19
10-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Didn't know Richard asked for Wednesday, but hey I guess if it works for him.

His match should be starting soon (hopefully). The match before it in the 2nd set now. I can't believe his match is going to start around 10:00 pm local time. The waiting must be terrible.

tennisgirl19
10-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Mr. Gasquet has won 6-4, 6-2! :worship:

Next up: Paul-Henri Mathieu

:banana:

aceit
10-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Yay! :D

delsa
10-05-2005, 09:27 PM
One little slip because of a loss of concentration again maybe going from serving for the first set at 5-2 to serving for it at 5-4 after Beck rebroke but apart from that it looked like a solid match following it on the pathetic thing that can't be called a "scoreboard" on the official site of the tourney...( :rolleyes: :lol: )

Tomorrow :tape: :shrug:

Silverwhite who was "expecting the worse, really" must be reassured. ;)

*julie*
10-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Ok! About tomorrow: let's see the positive side. It will be a happy ending as one of them will reach the Quarters... The sad thing is we won't see this match :sad:
It would have been better to see both of them in final...
Anyway... Good luck Richard! I give him a little plus because he needs it more than Paulo to reach the Masters ;)

chicky841
10-05-2005, 09:37 PM
glad it was an easy match for richie.

delsa
10-05-2005, 10:18 PM
On the FFT page it's said Beck even had 4 BPs to re-break and make it 5-5 in the first set! :eek: Phewwwww...

(http://www.fft.fr/open-de-moselle/)

*julie*
10-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Here is an audio interview after his first round. He speaks very fast... like if he has a tgv to catch...:lol:

http://www.fft.fr/open-de-moselle/default.asp?page=4#

There are good news. Briefly, he is happy to be back in France. He is happy about his match today. His elbow is better and should be ok very soon.

delsa
10-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Here is an audio interview after his first round. He speaks very fast... like if he has a tgv to catch...:lol:

There are good news. Briefly, he is happy to be back in France. He is happy about his match today. His elbow is better and should be ok very soon.
:haha:
"voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...vo ilà....voilà....voilà....voilà....voilà....voilà.. .voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...v oilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voi là...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà ...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà.. .voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...v oilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voi là...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà ...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà.. .voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...v oilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voi là...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà ...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà.. .voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà..."
:rolls: :lol:

*julie*
10-05-2005, 10:29 PM
"voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...vo ilà....voilà....voilà....voilà....voilà....voilà.. .voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...v oilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voi là...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà ...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà.. .voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...v oilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voi là...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà ...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà.. .voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...v oilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voi là...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà ...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà.. .voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà...voilà..."

:haha: Fabuleux...Vraiment satisfaisant!!!

It's like commas...No need to mention them in the translation

Richard is leading against Paulo: 8 "voilàs" against 7 "c'est vrai que" :lol:

silverwhite
10-05-2005, 10:41 PM
One little slip because of a loss of concentration again maybe going from serving for the first set at 5-2 to serving for it at 5-4 after Beck rebroke but apart from that it looked like a solid match following it on the pathetic thing that can't be called a "scoreboard" on the official site of the tourney...( :rolleyes: :lol: )

Tomorrow :tape: :shrug:

Silverwhite who was "expecting the worse, really" must be reassured. ;)

I wasn't alone, you know. ;)

silverwhite
10-05-2005, 10:42 PM

silverwhite
10-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Richard vs Paulo :bigcry:

delsa
10-05-2005, 11:31 PM
I wasn't alone, you know. ;)
For once i was not the more pessimistic so i take advantage of the situation but it's true you weren't alone, sorry. ;)

chicky841
10-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Richard vs Paulo :bigcry: I know how u feel. it sorta feels conspiracyish dont it? If richie and arnaud both win their matches, they will play against eachother. I think im gonna be sick :sobbing: But ill take it one match at a time.

tennisgirl19
10-06-2005, 01:08 AM
That's why it took so long for the scoreboard to change when Richard was serving up 5-4 in the 1st set. I remember it took around 5 minutes it seemed. Thank goodness I wasn't following it point-by-point because I would of had an heart attack then. Sometimes not knowing something is better :)

Thanks for the audio!! :hug:

tennisgirl19
10-06-2005, 01:11 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2005/341/op.pdf
OOP for Thursday

Richard and Paul-Henri match is the 2nd night match (after Gael vs Arnaud), but not before 8:00 pm.

Daniela_CABJ
10-06-2005, 03:07 AM
thanks for the audio Julie
I thought Richard's match was going to be harder, I was wrong :D
Paulo is going to be hard too, and I really hate the draw :rolleyes:

simpletennis
10-06-2005, 04:56 AM
yay, go gasquet for saving break points!!

simpletennis
10-06-2005, 05:13 AM

thanks. he speaks extremely fast, i can't understand a thing!! only like possibly and simple words like that. tell him to slow it down!! why's he speaking so darn fast? i guess as my french grows i might be able to understand it

silverwhite
10-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Precisely. Richard speaks like a speeding bullet. :lol:

parissima
10-06-2005, 11:51 AM
He was probably running out of air after his match, so he hurried to say everything he had to say in 30 seconds :p

silverwhite
10-06-2005, 12:08 PM
But he always speaks this quickly. :lol:

parissima
10-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Maybe, i never really payed attention to that until now :p

detheo
10-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Paulo is going to be hard too, and I really hate the draw :rolleyes: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. How come all the Frenchmen are playing against each other in the first rounds ? It's crazy, mate.
Can't choose between Paulo and Richard.
It's just impossible. *sigh*
Let's put it that way : may the best win ^^

parissima
10-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Well, you cheer for Richard, i'll take care of Paulo? deal? :p
I just... i don't know..; it's just too terrible. I can't choose either :/ don't want to know which one is the best...

*julie*
10-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Richie won his match against Paulo 6-2 6-2. A little cruise as it is said.
Well now please Richie, win the whole thing :worship: :worship: :worship:

delsa
10-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Remake of one of last year's Metz quarterfinals: Gaël v Richard...:yeah:
But with no food poisonning for Gaël this time and with a lot of things that have changed for both of them since then. ;)

Phunkadelicious
10-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Gasquet vs. Monfils :dance: ooooooohhhhh I wish i could see it! of course I am for Richie but its great whoever wins!

*julie*
10-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Audio interview after his win:
:rolleyes: He still feel the pain of the elbow, but it seems it gets better... He is very satisfied... happy to play Gael tomorrow...He also says it will be very different from their match last year cos now they are really friend, and higher in the ranking.

Btw I just hope Paris Premiere will be smart enough to show Monfils/Gasquet tomorrow*crossed fingers*

tennisgirl19
10-06-2005, 09:49 PM
:banana: Congrats Richard on your win!!

Good Luck against Gael :bounce:

Allez!

zimzim
10-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Am so happy for Richard

chicky841
10-06-2005, 10:02 PM
I want richie to win, to sort of avenge arnaud lol :) :( I would be rooting for Richie anyway tho.

silverwhite
10-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Remake of one of last year's Metz quarterfinals: Gaël v Richard...:yeah:
But with no food poisonning for Gaël this time and with a lot of things that have changed for both of them since then. ;)

I sense a little bias. ;)

Anyway, Richard has improved lots since last year as well, so we'll have to wait and see. :)

silverwhite
10-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Audio interview after his win:
:rolleyes: He still feel the pain of the elbow, but it seems it gets better... He is very satisfied... happy to play Gael tomorrow...He also says it will be very different from their match last year cos now they are really friend, and higher in the ranking.

Btw I just hope Paris Premiere will be smart enough to show Monfils/Gasquet tomorrow*crossed fingers*

The elbow again. :rolleyes: I hope he doesn't overplay and worsen the injury. :(

tennisgirl19
10-07-2005, 01:41 AM
Court Central :
Matches start at: 13:30 PM
Nikolay Davydenko vs Andreas Seppi

followed by
Ivan Ljubicic vs Robin Soderling

followed by
Gael Monfils vs Richard Gasquet :)

not before 19:00 PM
Mark Philippoussis vs Dominik Hrbaty

followed by
vs
Cyril Suk / Pavel Vizner

I agree Silver. I hope Richard doesn't worsen his injury even more. I think his "people" Know what they are doing though.

Phunkadelicious
10-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Court Central :
Matches start at: 13:30 PM
Nikolay Davydenko vs Andreas Seppi

followed by
Ivan Ljubicic vs Robin Soderling

followed by
Gael Monfils vs Richard Gasquet :)

not before 19:00 PM
Mark Philippoussis vs Dominik Hrbaty

followed by
vs
Cyril Suk / Pavel Vizner

I agree Silver. I hope Richard doesn't worsen his injury even more. I think his "people" Know what they are doing though.

I hope so, I put 100 v on Richie :worship:

Daniela_CABJ
10-07-2005, 02:45 AM
I thought this match was going to be harder too :rolleyes:
Congratulations again Richard :D ... and now against Gael, I'll say this again, I hate the draw! it's going to be a tough match too

simpletennis
10-07-2005, 03:48 AM
congrats richie!! i went on the atp site, and it said who won already. it's really weird. when was this played?

parissima
10-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Congrats Richard ( :crying2: )

juanito7
10-07-2005, 01:19 PM
what a dilemma, don't know who to chose, just wanna say "may the best wins", and i just wish the winner to win this tournament, i'm so proud ofthose two different players.... COME ON :worship:

LilyRoseAva
10-07-2005, 04:15 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3306/bitmap436kh.jpg
(c) maria-sharapova.fr

*julie*
10-07-2005, 05:03 PM
:sad: He lost 7-6 6-2
I really didn't expect that. Gael played great tennis but it seems that Richard still had troubles with his elbow... I am very disappointed...

silverwhite
10-07-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm personally quite disappointed. :( In hindsight, it was quite foolish to play if he hadn't completely recovered from the fissure in his elbow. And since he chose to play, he should have fought harder than he apparently did instead of being bogged down by an injury he chose to play with. He needs to learn how to fight through these sort of things.

Well, hopefully, the darn elbow ( :fiery: ) will finally heal...

silverwhite
10-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Oh, I have to add that I forgot to bet on Monfils. :smash:

Now, I don't even have the consolation of vCash to ease my sadness. :bigcry:

peteslamz
10-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Are there any indications during the match that he was having an elbow problem? I was not able to watch the match we only have the coverage of the Japan open here. :sad:

detheo
10-07-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm personally quite disappointed. :( In hindsight, it was quite foolish to play if he hadn't completely recovered from the fissure in his elbow. And since he chose to play, he should have fought harder than he apparently did instead of being bogged down by an injury he chose to play with. He needs to learn how to fight through these sort of things.

Well, hopefully, the darn elbow ( :fiery: ) will finally heal... Yep, I'm feeling that way too. It's a shame, really.
But that's the tricky thing about tennis -there's always a risk, and they're playing at such a high level. Professionals players just can't avoid that kind of trouble.
Too bad for Richie :sad:
Hope he'll be luckier for the next tournament, although I do want him to recover and rest well.

chicky841
10-07-2005, 05:32 PM
:sad: i was so thinkin that he was gonna win this. first arnaud and then richie. Metz was not great for me this year. oh well at least they didnt lose to someone I hated. :sad: :(. Well I didnt see the match but was it richies elbow that didnt let him play as good?

*julie*
10-07-2005, 06:16 PM

That's your fault silver :mad: !!! I bet 150$ on Richard :rolleyes:

I am not really angry against Richard. I feel he did his best... the thing I don't understand with his injury is how, from one day to the other, can it bother him that much. :confused: 6-2 6-2 against Paulo yesterday and today so many UEs :rolleyes:

*julie*
10-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Are there any indications during the match that he was having an elbow problem? I was not able to watch the match we only have the coverage of the Japan open here. :sad:
He was shaking his arm, making many UEs, talking with Eric in the crowd... just like he did at the USO. He also called the trainer once...
I must add that Gael played very well too...

silverwhite
10-07-2005, 06:22 PM
That's your fault silver :mad: !!! I bet 150$ on Richard :rolleyes:

I am not really angry against Richard. I feel he did his best... the thing I don't understand with his injury is how, from one day to the other, can it bother him that much. :confused: 6-2 6-2 against Paulo yesterday and today so many UEs :rolleyes:

Paulo went :silly: with all the errors. Myson, on the other hand, made him hit a lot of balls, and that probably brought back the injury.

tennisgirl19
10-07-2005, 08:12 PM
:sad: Poor Richard.
I didn't get to see the match, but I figured it might have something to do with his injury. All congrats to Gael though for playing a great match.

Richard :bigcry: I'm so worried about his elbow. I want him to be healthy for the Masters and 2006.

simpletennis
10-07-2005, 11:49 PM
poor richard, his elbow's still bothering him. how suckie that must be.

Daniela_CABJ
10-08-2005, 03:09 AM
:sad: poor Richard :sad:
Injuries suck!!! :mad:
I hope he can get enough rest in his elbow and he can get well soon

simpletennis
10-08-2005, 03:18 AM
it's so weird, on the atp site, it said he was runner up

tennisgirl19
10-08-2005, 03:25 AM
it's so weird, on the atp site, it said he was runner up

In Metz 2004, Richard was the finalist ;)

Mygenie
10-08-2005, 03:25 AM
been catching up with all threads and messages and very sad to see he lost to Gael because of his elbow :(

I was just wondering. If it is something that can damage his arm and threaten his career, I'd rather he quit the tour for the rest of the year and work on his physical/mental conditioning, looking after his arm/elbow properly and coming back stronger next year, what ya think?

tennisgirl19
10-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Quotes from www.atptennis.com :

Monfils: ”I am happy about this result. I however don't see it as a revenge from last year. Richard is my friend and I think and hope we will have many more matches to play against each other. When I came back from 3-5 in the first set, I think he may have rushed a little and lost his concentration. It was only a few key points that turned around the situation.”

Gasquet: “I first want to congratulate Gael because he played a great match. I had my chances in the first set, unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of them. “

“I know that I can't play 100%, my elbow is hurting me and my priority at the moment is to get rid of this pain.”

:bigcry:

silverwhite
10-08-2005, 04:57 AM
“I know that I can't play 100%, my elbow is hurting me and my priority at the moment is to get rid of this pain.”

:bigcry:

:yeah: Make sure you do! :p

simpletennis
10-08-2005, 05:56 AM
In Metz 2004, Richard was the finalist ;)

oh, ok thanks

delsa
10-08-2005, 10:21 AM

Sorry for you Silverwhite...:hug:
I posted a report of how i saw this match on the Monfils/Jo Jo thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=2454035#post2454035 . Richard played because he had points to defend and didn't want to disapoint the crowd too i think. He played far from his best but as Julie said Gaël was impressive for someone you feel like writing off so easily because he's so inconsistant and can play very bad sometimes. He's an enigma. An uncertainty. Today it was not the case. They exchanged very spectacular points: ex: second set: Richard making a very strongly smashed BH volley at the net, Gaël running to get it and putting it back on court near the baseline, Richard running back and putting it back on court showing his back to the net trying a lob of the "last chance" against Gaël and his 1.92 meters of height. And as expected Gaël making a huge jump and smashing it in one corner...The crowd going crazy...
It was a great match. Too bad Richard was not at his best...:sad:
I hope he'll recover quickly. Actually some ppl say it's better for him to suffer from this fissure than from the first supposition of tendinitis. Because it can heal completely if you take the necessary time off but the same can't be said of tendinitis...Stupid fissure in his elbow :fiery: And 6 millimeters, it's a huge crack! :eek: Just imagine. It must hurt a lot. :sad:

silverwhite
10-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Saw a very funny post by Lily in the RG forum.

"richard est incapable de coup incroyable et ma pire crainte est que ce magnifique talent ne puissse s'exprimer à cause d'un mental défaillant ou de problème récurrent de physique.

On a eu assez de gachis comme ça en france!! "

:lol:

silverwhite
10-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Apparently, Richard is out of Stockholm. :sad: He wants to concentrate on the French tournaments, I guess.

delsa
10-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Saw a very funny post by Lily in the RG forum.

"richard est incapable de coup incroyable et ma pire crainte est que ce magnifique talent ne puissse s'exprimer à cause d'un mental défaillant ou de problème récurrent de physique.

On a eu assez de gachis comme ça en france!! "

:lol:
You should come there more often if that makes you laugh. That's very often said there! Very often! ;)
Wasted talent is what they're all speaking about and crying over...

delsa
10-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Apparently, Richard is out of Stockholm. :sad: He wants to concentrate on the French tournaments, I guess.
On the TMS too... :sad: He MUST heal. Then he'll be able to fight. ;) Stop this: i play a little then take a little break etc approach even if it's understandable because he had to participate in must-play tournaments recently like the US Open (where is great run is even more impressive considering the situation! I couldn't play 3 5 sets matches in a row for the first time playing out of my skin at some points with a 6 millimeters fissure in the elbow! :eek: ), in Metz because of the points he had to defend and the demand of the crowd etc... :awww:
So he stops for a long time now and HEAL COMPLETELY. Too bad for the Masters and French tournaments (even for me and many others in Paris-Bercy :sad: ) but that will be for the better. Then he kicks ass in 2006! :rocker2: I don't think that's a good strategy if he plays forcing himself making his injury worse and then stops for not enough time then do it again etc...He should first think about healing then he'll play again... Even if it's disappointing.

tennisgirl19
10-08-2005, 04:36 PM
I agree completely with you Delsa. :)
As much as he wants to play and improve his ranking, his health should come first and foremost. That's more important that defending finalist points and gaining some at the Masters. Get well soon Richard :hug:

btw, Gael just won!! :banana:

girL_
10-10-2005, 02:07 PM
yey, that's just too sad... poor Richy, that injury might become a serious problem for him if he doesn't completely heal it! well, the only thing to wish him is to get well soon... and be back to courts in a better condition, and win win win!

tennisgirl19
10-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Richard is now tied for 11th place with his Monteal doubles partner, David Ferrer, in the ATP Race for 2005

He is also still ranked 12th in the Entry System Rankings.

:)

chicky841
10-10-2005, 07:39 PM
I think 2006 he can break into top ten!!

simpletennis
10-11-2005, 03:00 AM
2006 is sure a year to look forward to!! i can't wait till he breaks the top 10, i'm gonna have a party! hehe

girL_
10-11-2005, 03:40 PM
I agree w u! 2006 is the year to wait for, since better things are to come then... I believe he'll not just break into top 10, but top 5 is possible for him, too! not in vain some ppl "of tennis" said he's probably the [only] one to be able rival Roger in future ;)

delsa
10-12-2005, 11:01 PM
I guess they'll have to change some of the GP de T. de Lyon ads now? :sad:

http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/314/gasquetadgptlyon6vz.th.jpg (http://img305.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gasquetadgptlyon6vz.jpg)

casillas_girl
10-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Cool advert!!

tennisgirl19
10-14-2005, 01:50 AM
What an awesome picture. Too bad he's wont play. :sad:

casillas_girl
10-14-2005, 04:01 PM
yeah, I know :sad: