Nalbandian booed by crowd [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nalbandian booed by crowd

tangerine_dream
09-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Richly deserved too. His performance was awful (as was his giant peach outfit)

Well done to the New York crowd. They say: either show up and put some effort into it or don't bother showing up at all. That match was a waste of everyone's time (Roger's and the fans who paid for to watch that crap).

Sjengster
09-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Let's take another look at that great performance put in by your golden boy in the first round of this event before you start pissing on other players, clementine nightmare.

ExpectedWinner
09-09-2005, 01:53 AM
Did they boo all Sampras' opponents, not named Agassi? ;)

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Someone needed some vcash or some needed posting time to come up with this. If your intent was to be insulting, you missed the mark badly, dear. Thanks for playing.

lau
09-09-2005, 01:55 AM
David no va a poder dormir porque unos gordos come-hamburguesas lo chiflaron con la boca llena, seguro :lol:

EDIT: At least this thread makes more sense than the "Roger Federer has no dress sense" one :haha: :rolleyes:

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 01:56 AM
And anyway....I booed him briefly. Even I realized how badly he performed, but I get no joy in making a thread about it. Tasteless...classless...

Tennis Fool
09-09-2005, 01:57 AM
So what happened? Did he tank the match?

Jennay
09-09-2005, 01:58 AM
:rolleyes:

lau
09-09-2005, 02:00 AM
As I said in other thread, coming from a person that quotes from Peter Bodo´s site, this thread makes sense and it doesn´t surprise me at all ;) :p

oneandonlyhsn
09-09-2005, 02:00 AM
So what happened? Did he tank the match?

No

Federerhingis
09-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Did they boo all Sampras' opponents, not named Agassi? ;)

Precisely, cause I am sure neither Federer nor Sampras stepped up to the plate when it mattered the most. :rolleyes:

jazz_girl
09-09-2005, 02:02 AM
I think he was booed when he broke a racket when losing the second set. So? What's with that? Is he the first player to do it? Do we really need a thread for this? :lol:
In fact, I heard much more cheering for David than for Roger, but I might be biased :confused:

Sjengster
He made some tame errors in the third set, but I think Federer worked hard to break him down and get that double break lead - by then he had just run out of ideas and belief. I don't think it was the mind that let him down tonight as much as the serve, which has of course been observed numerous times about him. Federer just has too many chances to get into his service games virtually every time in the course of a set. If he'd held onto the 4-2 lead in the second, we'd be in the middle of a tight encounter right now.

mickymouse
He didn't play that badly, otherwise he wouldn't have had all those break points. It was just unfortunate that he couldn't hold serve and Federer played well on the bps. I don't see a lack of effort from Nalbandian but maybe after the marathon matches of the past few days, the NY crowd has been pampered to expect matches of similar intensity and duration.

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 02:04 AM
I think he was booed when he broke a racket when losing the second set. So? What's with that? Is he the first player to do it? Do we really need a thread for this? :lol:
In fact, I heard much more cheering for David than for Roger, but I might be biased :confused:

:yeah: Like I said, someone needed vcash and was spoiling for a fight. For someone who claims not to be a fan, this thread just proves what a closet fan this person is. What a waste of energy!! This thread is useless. Moddies, do your job.

Sjengster
09-09-2005, 02:04 AM

That was what got the booing? I didn't hear any when he walked off at the end, I have to say. There was a lot of Argentine support in the crowd, in addition to the neutrals who just wanted a good contest, but obviously they were disappointed that he couldn't provide one.

jazz_girl
09-09-2005, 02:07 AM
That was what got the booing? I didn't hear any when he walked off at the end, I have to say. There was a lot of Argentine support in the crowd, in addition to the neutrals who just wanted a good contest, but obviously they were disappointed that he couldn't provide one.
That's the only booing I heard, he was applauded while leaving the court...I don't think a person that wants to tank a match saves 3 or 4 match points.

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 02:08 AM
Attention, everyone: this is a troll thread!! Any and all inhabitants of this thread will be destroyed by draining of brain power. Please evacuate the premises immediately!!!

tangerine_dream
09-09-2005, 02:12 AM
No, he wasn't booed for busting a racket (I don't think anybody can blame him for being frustrated), but he was booed in the third set that he tanked and there was a smattering of boos as he left the court. He gave the impression of putting no effort into the match. No heart.

As for the cheering, the crowd seemed pretty even throughout the match but they were for the most part quiet and likely disappointed by such a quick, uneventful dismissal.

fenomeno2111
09-09-2005, 02:13 AM
Hey guys i'm sorry for the thread about the fine for Nalbandian...I didn't post it it was either my brother or his friend...Ithink the webmaster erased it...THANKS

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 02:14 AM
Gosh, you were looking for the boos, weren't you-just to prove that David is a shit in your book. At least your comeback wasn't littered with ROM bullshit.

Hewitt_Rules
Nalbandian is a choker. Why did he bother to show up? He will never win a slam at this rate.

sigmagirl91
Hey guys i'm sorry for the thread about the fine for Nalbandian...I didn't post it it was either my brother or his friend...Ithink the webmaster erased it...THANKS

You let your brother access your account information? One word for you: IDIOT!!!

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 02:15 AM

Well done to the New York crowd. They say: either show up and put some effort into it or don't bother showing up at all. That match was a waste of everyone's time (Roger's and the fans who paid for to watch that crap).

I can understand they are not interested to pay $200 (in the cheap ticket, more for the good ticket) to see match ending in 1.5 hours.

But: during the match, the crowd was not good. They were eating, talking, walking about, not clapping, not getting into the match. There were many times in the first 2 sets that it was competitive, but the crowd was just not interested. Very disrespecting

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 02:16 AM
Nalbandian is a choker. Why did he bother to show up? He will never win a slam at this rate.

Just to make you feel better, he didn't show up!! Now, you can rest.
And why does a David loss bring out the howling trolls of all kinds? That's something I've never been able to figure out. I guess we can be happy that he doesn't get called all kinds of unflattering nicknames like pig, duck, potato, hippo, and rabbit.

fenomeno2111
09-09-2005, 02:19 AM
You let your brother access your account information? One word for you: IDIOT!!!
It's a personal computer and on this site it access my account automatically...He doesn't usually get to touch it...but i changed the config. so he won't access again..SORRY AGAIN :rolleyes:

tangerine_dream
09-09-2005, 02:19 AM
Gosh, you were looking for the boos, weren't you-just to prove that David is a shit in your book. At least your comeback wasn't littered with ROM bullshit.
Will you stop acting hysterical? This is a legit thread because --surprise! -- it actually happened. And it's news because it was unusual. The crowd hasn't booed anybody all week, so yes, people are going to notice so there's no need to go "looking" for it.

Now, do you want to discuss this in any rational manner or would you prefer to keep screaming "TROLL! TROLL! TROLL!"?

No need to worry as I'm sure jazz_girl will find an excuse to delete this thread even though there have been far nastier threads about other players that are allowed to stay in GM.

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 02:20 AM
It's a personal computer and on this site it access my account automatically...He doesn't usually get to touch it...but i changed the config. so he won't access again..SORRY AGAIN :rolleyes:

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 02:21 AM
So, did david actually get fine? For breaking racket? Or shouting Puta?

All players are breaking rackets and shouting "whore" in foreign languages!!

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 02:23 AM
Will you stop acting hysterical? This is a legit thread because --surprise! -- it actually happened. And it's news because it was unusual. The crowd hasn't booed anybody all week, so yes, people are going to notice so there's no need to go "looking" for it.

Now, do you want to discuss this in any rational manner or would you prefer to keep screaming "TROLL! TROLL! TROLL!"?

No need to worry as I'm sure jazz_girl will find an excuse to delete this thread even though there have been far nastier threads about other players that are allowed to stay in GM.

Actually I'm not acting hysterical, but it just seems funny to me that this is actually thread content. You never did answer the other part of my thread to my satisfaction, but I'll not worry about that. Your answer said it all.

sigmagirl91

Your answer: NO!

NYCtennisfan
He was just demoralized by Fed. Who can keep laying when they have hit less tha 10 winners after two sets and a half?

fenomeno2111
09-09-2005, 02:24 AM

Idon't know if he's going to get one but i think the ATP will either take this into consideration or will act as it never happened...It was funny anyways.

sigmagirl91
He was just demoralized by Fed. Who can keep laying when they have hit less tha 10 winners after two sets and a half?

No one will dispute that, but why is his being booed significant enough to deserve thread content?

R.Federer
Good.
It is part of entertainment and getting crowd into the match, when the player shows some emotion. This is why often the crowd was not sure what to do with Roge, because nothing out of his mouth, no flying racket and others. But now he will say COMEON and the crowd appreciates, little bit.

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 02:25 AM
Idon't know if he's going to get one but i think the ATP will either take this into consideration or will act as it never happened...It was funny anyways.

Chances are, they may turn the other cheek on this one.

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 02:25 AM
Your answer: NO!
Good.
It is part of entertainment and getting crowd into the match, when the player shows some emotion. This is why often the crowd was not sure what to do with Roge, because nothing out of his mouth, no flying racket and others. But now he will say COMEON and the crowd appreciates, little bit

El Legenda
09-09-2005, 02:30 AM
Did Roddick get booed for the great preformace in 1st round?

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 02:31 AM

Makes you wonder.

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 02:31 AM

Well, no. Crowd was stunned into silence there because they could not expect it. Here there was a sense from the beginning that Roge will win and this is also why more people are cheering for david during the match.
Also, booing is because david lost interest and stopped playing on many points. Andy has not given up till the last TB.

El Legenda
09-09-2005, 02:33 AM
After Roddicks lose, the crowd was wondering about the American Express Commercial :lol:

Carito_90
09-09-2005, 02:35 AM

Not at all. I heard more people cheering for David than for Roger.
And I agree, Jime ;)

The second set was quite a good one. The third one, well, not so much. And I didn't get to watch the first one so I won't comment on it.
Of course, it was no Agassi-Blake, but I don't think people booed David or whatever just because he didn't play well. I mean, that'd be quite sad if you ask me.
But yeah, that's just me.

max122
09-09-2005, 02:35 AM
It was the ROGER effecT!

Carito_90
09-09-2005, 02:38 AM

No. First of all because Americans wouldnt boo their golden boy. And second, Andy didn't play badly. Muller was too good.
Nice try, though.

tangerine_dream
09-09-2005, 02:40 AM
Well, no. Crowd was stunned into silence there because they could not expect it. Here there was a sense from the beginning that Roge will win and this is also why more people are cheering for david during the match.
Also, booing is because david lost interest and stopped playing on many points. Andy has not given up till the last TB.
Thanks for being the only one who gets it. :hatoff:

Corey Feldman
09-09-2005, 02:41 AM
no player who loses to Roger should be boo'd
the average fan should enjoy watching Federer show his art to everyone even if the other guy is cannon fodder :angel:

mangoes
09-09-2005, 02:42 AM
I can understand they are not interested to pay $200 (in the cheap ticket, more for the good ticket) to see match ending in 1.5 hours.

But: during the match, the crowd was not good. They were eating, talking, walking about, not clapping, not getting into the match. There were many times in the first 2 sets that it was competitive, but the crowd was just not interested. Very disrespecting

I'd be pissed too if I spent 200 for just "that"

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 02:42 AM
But did this deserve a thread? This could have been interwoven into the results thread somewhere along the line. I just wonder why this particular event is so significant for someone who's a professed hater....can you answer that?

El Legenda
09-09-2005, 02:43 AM
No. First of all because Americans wouldnt boo their golden boy. And second, Andy didn't play badly. Muller was too good.
Nice try, though.

nice try at what jackass, i didnt see the match, just asking. idiot.

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 02:44 AM

At least I got to listen to this on the radio at home. Something told me that I didn't want to see this match for many reasons.

SwiSha
09-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Let's take another look at that great performance put in by your golden boy in the first round of this event before you start pissing on other players, clementine nightmare.
:yeah: :lol: :haha:

Golfnduck
09-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Thanks for being the only one who gets it. :hatoff:
I get it. I fell asleep at work watching the match. I thought Ninja Bandy would at least try :shrug: Oh well, I just hope Andre beats Fed in the final. VIVA ANDRE!!!!

Scotso
09-09-2005, 04:14 AM

:haha:

oneandonlyhsn
09-09-2005, 04:17 AM

:rolls: Classic

amierin
09-09-2005, 04:22 AM
The crowd did boo but they also cheered for David when he showed signs of life.
I expected more from Nalbandian and was disappointed in the match.

So he called Rog a puta? Is that what he said when he went into that tirade?

Iheartandy&roger
Lmfao they booed because of the poor performance that he put on whatever. Who doesn't get spanked by Rogi like that.

alfonsojose
The best thing about this match was to know another David's brother. He is even fater ,but still looks doable :drool:

bad gambler
09-09-2005, 04:35 AM
thumbs down to this thread

Scotso
09-09-2005, 04:40 AM

You'd also be stupid.

tennisphan
09-09-2005, 04:53 AM
I was there tonight, and didnt hear any booing

..then again, i was up top (obviously)

Also, last nights match was SO exciting, captivating and electric, the people tonight were pretty tierd tonight. If most of the people, like me, were there last night too, then most people didnt not get home before 2:30am. those who watched on TV couldnt even be asleep by 2am.

people are surprised that people were not cheering as much or getting as into it?

ugotlobbed
09-09-2005, 06:28 AM
NY crowd is mean mean ppl

Aguante_el_Gato
09-09-2005, 02:04 PM
The crowd did boo but they also cheered for David when he showed signs of life.
I expected more from Nalbandian and was disappointed in the match.

So he called Rog a puta? Is that what he said when he went into that tirade?First, I must say that I couldn't see all the match, and either the moment at which he shouted "puta" (if he he really did it)
But I can say to you that "puta" is a very common insult between the Argentineans, and usually it is used in 2 forms:
- to call a bitch
- to curse when something is bad (like s**t , and in this sense it is not an insult to the opponent, but a simple curse )

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 02:08 PM
So he called Rog a puta? Is that what he said when he went into that tirade?

No, he did not insult anyone else (except maybe himself). This was in the second set, just around losing his break I think or thereabout. He started cursing at himself many times. One time he got very angry and shouted at himself Puta Madra or whatever it is.

I am sure, like all of us non-Spanish speakers, Roge, the umpire, perhaps all the ballkids were aware of what it means because Mac apologized (giggling a bit) on air for everyone that heard it ;)

Sugar Kane
09-09-2005, 02:10 PM
I doubt it that he called Roger a puta :lol: Roger hasn't been anyone's bitch lately :p

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 02:10 PM
First, I must say that I couldn't see all the match, and either the moment at which he shouted "puta" (if he he really did it)
But I can say to you that "puta" is a very common insult between the Argentineans, and usually it is used in 2 forms:
- to call a bitch
- to curse when something is bad (like s**t , and in this sense it is not an insult to the opponent, but a simple curse )

Yes, it happened. I watched live, and as soon as it was happening I was posting scores on the Federer Express forum, and mentioned it (you can see it there, I put it in bold, as part of the running commentary I was giving)!.

It was not a big deal to anyone, not even the umpire. But because the crowd was very quiet at that time and david shouted it so loudly, it was for everyone to hear. Other players say f*ck, so I dont see why sh*t, wh*re, etc would matter. He was not penalized or anything

Turkeyballs Paco
09-09-2005, 02:13 PM

This thread is really shitty. :rolleyes:

propi
09-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Nothing new, that crowd s*cks big time so :confused:

User id 7816
09-09-2005, 02:40 PM
I've seen only two posters on MTF creating a thread about someone being booed.
I'm trying to figure out the similarities between them though it's not so hard.

Aguante_el_Gato
09-09-2005, 02:40 PM
No, he did not insult anyone else (except maybe himself). exactly :yeah:

...and shouted at himself Puta Madra or whatever it is ....
it's "puta madre" :tape:

RogiFan88
09-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Poor Nalby, he just couldn't execute last night -- a shame as it could have been an interesting match. I thought the crowd might be cheering for HIM vs. Rogi.

1sun
09-09-2005, 02:52 PM
First, I must say that I couldn't see all the match, and either the moment at which he shouted "puta" (if he he really did it)
- to call a bitch
yeah i dont think it was towards roger, just at himself. apparently roger got booed too.

TheMightyFed
09-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Nalby really played like crap yesterday, and I wanted to boo him as I remained awake till 2 AM to watch this poor display. But every player except Master Roger can have an off-day, so no need to boo. He should have done a few shots between the legs and the crowd would have cheered him, most of them want a show before all...

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Nalby really played like crap yesterday, and I wanted to boo him as I remained awake till 2 AM to watch this poor display. But every player except Master Roger can have an off-day, so no need to boo. He should have done a few shots between the legs and the crowd would have cheered him, most of them want a show before all...

This crowd was bad from the beginning. They started filtering in very late, then they ate and drank, talked amongst themselves, walked around, did not cheer for anyone, hardly seem to care to watch, continued talk/food/drink, brought no energy. Then you add that suddenly Roge wins the second set, they get fed up and now they want some tennis. TOO LATE. Then they have the nerve to boo.

tangerine_dream
09-09-2005, 03:13 PM
no player who loses to Roger should be boo'd
the average fan should enjoy watching Federer show his art to everyone even if the other guy is cannon fodder
Unfortunately, the quality of play was so low that not even Roger could find a way to insert any of his pretty shots.

I get it. I fell asleep at work watching the match. I thought Ninja Bandy would at least try :shrug:
Thanks Jen, I know you get it too :hug:

After months of some of the fanatics here suggesting that Nalbandian is the only one left to challenge Roger (never mind the fact that their head-to-head is misleading now because they've haven't played in the years since Roger came of age) you'd think that maybe David would've put up a better fight and brought the match to four or five sets. His tanking of the third set was disgraceful for a quarterfinal and Roger looked as bored as the crowd was. I don't know if he's going through any personal problems or not but even as a non-fan, I would've prefered to watch the 2003 version of Nalbandian when he had a modicum of confidence. It seems that a lot of players these days are suffering from lack of mojo when they're up against Roger, and I think that's a shame for tennis in general.

And as for the usual group of MTF 'tards with their knee-jerk reaction of bringing up a completely unrelated topic (Roddick, as usual :cool: ) because they can't bear the truth, it was as predictable as a Mauresmo choke and I wouldn't expect any less of them.

joeb_uk
09-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Its funny to hear that from a roddick fan, the guy who continually gets his ass wiped all over the court! Getting hammered every time he plays federer. I would have liked to see the match, but couldnt find a bar open at 1.30am which was showing the tennis.

Experimentee
09-09-2005, 03:17 PM
I didnt hear any booing. Sure he didnt play well at all, but he doesnt need to be booed for that.

Turkeyballs Paco
09-09-2005, 03:20 PM
And as for the usual group of MTF 'tards with their knee-jerk reaction of bringing up a completely unrelated topic (Roddick, as usual :cool: ) because they can't bear the truth, it was as predictable as a Mauresmo choke and I wouldn't expect any less of them.

Honestly, I never expected Nalby to win, of course I wanted him to, but never expected it. And I wouldn't bring up Roddick losing in the first round because I don't want to bring down Roddick fans. I'm wondering who the MTF retards are, and I'm thinking you are one of them, TG! Your thread is really insulting and completely shitty, and this comment gives you away. You are just trolling here. :rolleyes:

Carito_90
09-09-2005, 03:22 PM
nice try at what jackass, i didnt see the match, just asking. idiot.

Nice try at trying to even bring Andy up in the thread for no apparent reason.
Chill, buddy.

lau
09-09-2005, 03:26 PM
I was there tonight, and didnt hear any booing

..then again, i was up top (obviously)

Also, last nights match was SO exciting, captivating and electric, the people tonight were pretty tierd tonight. If most of the people, like me, were there last night too, then most people didnt not get home before 2:30am. those who watched on TV couldnt even be asleep by 2am.

people are surprised that people were not cheering as much or getting as into it?
For all who didn´t read this post... He was not booed :p
Period.

PamV
09-09-2005, 04:29 PM
He didn't play that badly, otherwise he wouldn't have had all those break points. It was just unfortunate that he couldn't hold serve and Federer played well on the bps. I don't see a lack of effort from Nalbandian but maybe after the marathon matches of the past few days, the NY crowd has been pampered to expect matches of similar intensity and duration.

True. David is still working his way back. He's not in top form yet and he looked fatigued.

User id 7816
09-09-2005, 07:36 PM
This crowd was bad from the beginning. They started filtering in very late, then they ate and drank, talked amongst themselves, walked around, did not cheer for anyone, hardly seem to care to watch, continued talk/food/drink, brought no energy. Then you add that suddenly Roge wins the second set, they get fed up and now they want some tennis. TOO LATE. Then they have the nerve to boo.

Maybe thats how they show their respect to the players and top it with booing? Yet there's only one person here who is praising them, this is truly unfair.