Federer v/s nalbandian : Mission Improbable [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer v/s nalbandian : Mission Improbable

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 12:04 AM
The USA channel has just shown a preview of the match, and called it "Mission improbable" for nalbandian.

The profile was modeled like the Mission Impossible movie, saying that nalbandi's mission was fraught with danger, then just before they ended they said Nothing is Impossible. Mission Improbable!

Allez Roge!

mangoes
09-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Yea, I just posted about it.................I loved it................very creative!

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Maybe it is washout and don't live up to the hype? As Juju says, we shall see on the court.

adee-gee
09-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Please win Bandy

mangoes
09-09-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm hoping it is a washout, but I also thought Agassi/Blake would be a washout after the very interesting roller coaster match we experienced with Coria..........so I'm probably wrong.

federer express
09-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Please win Bandy

lol...not gonna happen

Shy
09-09-2005, 12:13 AM
It is windy apparently. So, it might be an advantage for David.

adee-gee
09-09-2005, 12:14 AM
lol...not gonna happen

Fully aware. As long as he loses by less than 7 games I shall be happy, for obvious reasons ;)

mangoes
It is windy apparently. So, it might be an advantage for David.

You're depressing me before the match even starts................... :D

R.Federer
federer express in UK: You are staying up till tomorrow morning to watch this match?

federer express
Fully aware. As long as he loses by less than 7 games I shall be happy, for obvious reasons ;)

i have found this tournament a nightmare to bet on.

the final set tie-breaks have screwed me!

federer express
09-09-2005, 12:15 AM
federer express in UK: You are staying up till tomorrow morning to watch this match?

debating,....i been up every night and been working too. i have been like a zombie all week and got up late this morning to find my car clamped.
so, i dont want to....but i do want to :)

wipeout
09-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah, it's really windy today. The carpet they were standing on was trying to take off during the mixed-doubles presentation.

adee-gee
i have found this tournament a nightmare to bet on.

the final set tie-breaks have screwed me!

Andre beating Blake saved me :aparty:

R.Federer
Can someone explain what about nalbandi's game is not suited to windy conditions? Why Roge's is?

wipeout
09-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Why did they call it Mission: Impossible anyhow since I guess they always succeeded, didn't they? ;)

federer express
09-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Andre beating Blake saved me :aparty:

i didn't lose any on that but i didn't make as much as i should have. bet on blake from the beginning and had a chance to cover withagassi at 8-1 but waited til much later.
anyway, we'll get told this isn't the betting forum so.... :bolt:

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Mission Improbable, not impossible ;)

rofe
09-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Can someone explain what about nalbandi's game is not suited to windy conditions? Why Roge's is?

It's the other way around apparently. It seems Roger doesn't like windy conditions though I am not sure because last year he beat Agassi in hurricane like winds (and Agassi has no problems with windy conditions).

adee-gee
09-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Mission Improbable, not impossible ;)

Not as improbable as Muller beating Roddick, or Sanguinetti reaching the 4th Round :p

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Which is a worse sign going in to this match: Roge losing one set to Nico or nalbandi losing a set to the old man?

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Both the players are look nervous today.

NYCtennisfan
09-09-2005, 12:56 AM
Federer with 11 points in a row.l Bandy not huritng him at all right now and his serve is looking really bad. He needs to turn it hp.

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Both players look nervous to start, nalbandi makes first move to break but level goes down lot after that. Now david has improved shotmaking a lot, so only 1-break separating them. Roge close the last game with beautiful CC FH

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 01:09 AM
This crowd does not care about the players tonight. They are eating and talking amonst themself!

Duncan
09-09-2005, 01:18 AM
Why does Federer make hard shots and tough matches look so easy?

it sucks! lol

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 01:20 AM
nalbandi on an error shouts "Puta". That is whore in spanish?

lau
09-09-2005, 01:33 AM
yep, but don´t start making a big deal of that, common thing to say when you make a mistake here ;)

EDIT: I think he says "puta madre" :p ;)

oneandonlyhsn
09-09-2005, 01:37 AM
yep, but don´t start making a big deal of that, common thing to say when you make a mistake here ;)

Nalby said that :eek: :woohoo:

lau
09-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Nalby said that :eek: :woohoo:
:secret: I heard worst things from Chela, Zabaleta, Gaudio, Coria, etc, etc. ;)

EDIT: "puta madre" is like "fuck"... Not the same meaning, but used in same situations

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 01:52 AM

No, no problem at all. .I posted on Roge's forum that he shouted whore in anger, then came here to confirm the translation. Marat is shouting same thing in Russian also, I am sure Hrbaty in czech, Jonas in swedish, Bhupati in Hidndi, Wayne black in zulu and so on ;)

Now david hit his racket so badly, the head came away from the stick. Very difficult for him to get back now.

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 01:53 AM
This is not a good match. Roge has taken control in the important points, and david has 5 winners only. david is not playing well (Roge is not letting him), and david is difficult to get any free points on serve. Roge helped himself to a few aces when he has needed.

AgassiFan
09-09-2005, 02:04 AM
:secret: [SIZE=1] "puta madre" is like "fuck"... Not the same meaning, but used in same situations

"Puta madre" in Spanish = ebanaya mat' OR eb tvoyou mat' in Russian

lau
09-09-2005, 02:10 AM
This is not a good match. Roge has taken control in the important points, and david has 5 winners only. david is not playing well (Roge is not letting him), and david is difficult to get any free points on serve. Roge helped himself to a few aces when he has needed.
yeah, if you compare it to the Agassi/Blake match... it kinda sucks :lol:

Tennis Fool
09-09-2005, 02:13 AM
Nalby about to eat a Fed bagel :eek:

lau
09-09-2005, 02:17 AM
Nalby about to eat a Fed bagel :eek:
No he won´t :p

tangerine_dream
09-09-2005, 02:29 AM
More like mission:YAWN :yawn: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: This was by far the worst match of the tournament. David deserved to get his fatass booed after that shit effort. It was a complete waste of time for Roger and a complete waste of tennis fans' time and money. Don't bother showing up in NY again, David. That was pathetic.

lau
09-09-2005, 02:33 AM
More like mission:YAWN :yawn: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: This was by far the worst match of the tournament. David deserved to get his fatass booed after that shit effort. It was a complete waste of time for Roger and a complete waste of tennis fans' time and money. Don't bother showing up in NY again, David. That was pathetic.
:lol: Said by a person that quotes something from Peter Bodo´s site it doesn´t surprise me at all :wavey:

Flibbertigibbet
09-09-2005, 02:40 AM

Well, Federer did play pretty good, you know.

But Nalbandian wasn't at his best, true.

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 02:43 AM
Well, Federer did play pretty good, you know.

But Nalbandian wasn't at his best, true.

david was not allowed to be at his best, because Roge was retrieving very well. Also, Roge was helping himself to aces or unreturneds whenever he needed it badly. This is discouraging to david. david played well in the 2nd set in bits.

But I already thought when david lost a set to the old man, that his level cannot be all that good this year. Next year he will improve

sigmagirl91
09-09-2005, 03:38 AM
Don't bother showing up in NY again, David. That was pathetic.

The match was a bore, for sure, but don't show up again in NYC? Harsh, aren't we?

R.Federer
09-09-2005, 03:43 AM
The match was a bore, for sure, but don't show up again in NYC? Harsh, aren't we?

nalbandi has a very good game for HC. today he had many problems, mainly his serve. Why is it that he does not put more effort into getting a better serve? nadal is trying to get a better serve, why is david not improving his one part which needs improvement?

He had 0 aces and 6 DF. Roge 11 aces and 0 DF. This is 17 points to Roge right away. Enough for 4 games. And they come on the big points