Question about Ivan Lendl. . . [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Question about Ivan Lendl. . .

Pureracket
09-08-2005, 09:55 PM
... .I don't post much here as I'm waaaay too important and have too many responsibilities(spending 95 percent of my lame life on Wtaworld), but I have a question regarding IVAN.

I remember during their classic battles, John McEnroe all but publicly stated how he hated Lendl. There was the Davis Cup controversy when Lendl was considering playing for the US after his defection from Czechoslovakia. I also remember an oncourt incident where Lendl drilled the shit out of McEnroe @ the net after a volley popped up too high from McEnroes' racket.

Let me hasten to the question: Does the fact that John and Patrick McEnroe dominate the commentary of mens tennis have anything to do with the relative absence of the mentioning of Lendl's greatness?

His backhand was incredible, and I think he had the original power baseline game.

Pureracket
09-08-2005, 11:00 PM
I guess the lack of response here means I'm right. LOL!!!!!

federer express
09-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I guess the lack of response here means I'm right. LOL!!!!!

never listen to p mac....but john is always chatting about lendl, at least when on the british networks. i think lendl has distanced himself from the game so to some extent it's the old saying...
'out of sight....blah blah blah'