Lleyton's maturity [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Lleyton's maturity

dmit424
09-08-2005, 07:12 PM
It seemed like he has matured a little bit. His off-court interviews have been low-key and down-to-earth, and he seems to be a little more in control on the court, in terms of emotions. I really haven't noticed him cheer for an opponent's miss unless it was a really long point...

I just think with his wife, and growing age, is gaining some peace of mind. Wait until he has a kid! He may change his attitude completely and become a likeable guy.

I am still a little concerned with his lawsuit, however... He hasn't dropped it, and it just seems like he's the type of guy that won't take anything from anyone and won't let past problems go easily... Ofcourse we don't know the situation, but the irony is that it's a defamation lawsuit, and I think at this point, he loses more fame by keeping it going...

Eclectic Goddess
09-08-2005, 07:17 PM
He does seem to have mellowed, off-court at least. For the last several years, I've seen him in Cincinnati, waving off requests for photos and autographs. This year, though, he stopped and spent time signing things when people asked, and did it without attitude! He even took a photo with me!

I don't know if it's because he's a little older, or married, or has a baby coming, or has been struggling with injury, but there's been a definite change.

Hopefully, he'll still get fired up on court when the moment calls for it. I'd miss the "little bastard".

nermo
09-08-2005, 07:19 PM
i hate to say this, ;) but i 've noticed some of what u're saying..the guy is becoming calmer after marriage and( i don't want any silly jokes about it.. :o ) , he's not that down to earth or that gentle either but..he's got some peace of mind may be it's cuz of his successful marriage...

oneandonlyhsn
09-08-2005, 08:47 PM
I miss the bad boy :(

rofe
09-08-2005, 08:49 PM
I don't think he has matured - he is getting whipped! :(

Damn you Bec !

oneandonlyhsn
09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
I don't think he has matured - he is getting whipped! :(

Damn you Bec !

Nope even when he wins these days hardly makes any noises, no c'mons I miss that Hewitt :sad:

1sun
09-08-2005, 08:56 PM
I miss the bad boy :(
ditto, i love the old hewitt.
stupid marriage

Turkeyballs Paco
09-08-2005, 08:59 PM
He has been quiet since the Davis cup. I haven't seen much of that firey personality on court this tournament.

PaulieM
09-08-2005, 09:34 PM
his off court interviews etc. have never been bad in my opinion, he's usually kind of funny. on court he has toned it down a lot, whether that's good or bad i'm not sure. he's a little too subdued sometimes but he seems to have found a way of being excited and fired up on court without going "overboard" which is great.