ESPN2 isn't as bad as I thought ... USA sucks! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ESPN2 isn't as bad as I thought ... USA sucks!

LoveFifteen
09-08-2005, 04:00 PM
To be honest, I used to think that USA did a better job than ESPN2 in covering a Slam. But honestly, USA has the advantage of covering a Slam in an American time zone.

Cutting off the Agassi vs. Blake match during the 5th set to show the last 20 minutes of Law & Order was an unpardonable sin. I can't believe I'll never get to see the end of one of this year's greatest US Open comebacks.

I hate the USA channel, and I will never forgive them for this.

Fumus
09-08-2005, 04:05 PM
They didn't cut it off, it when on cbs.

FOOL.

LoveFifteen
09-08-2005, 04:19 PM
No, it didn't. Not where I live.

ASSHOLE.

naiwen
09-08-2005, 04:25 PM

ASSHOLE.

Where do you live?

BTW, they are showing the last few games on USA now.

Fumus
09-08-2005, 04:27 PM

ASSHOLE.

Yea well you must live in EATCRAP Ville... :D

Turkeyballs Paco
09-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Where I live, USA said to switch to CBS, which I did, but after about 3 minutes, they put on Extra! - had to wait until I got a full hollywood update before I could see the end of the match... :rolleyes: at least I got to see it, though. If I had gone to bed and just recorded extra time on USA, that would have sucked.

SwissMister1
09-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Some satellite companies carry both east and west coast CBS, ABC, NBC, and Fox networks, I know when I had DirectTV they did this.

El Legenda
09-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Fumus is pretty stupid.

Fumus
09-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Fumus is pretty stupid.

Stupid like a croat. :o

El Legenda
09-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Stupid like a croat. :o

yeah , good thing im not croatian jackass. :wavey:

Fee
09-08-2005, 07:00 PM
okay boys, can we get back to the topic? thanks.

USA was contractually obligated to cede coverage to CBS at a certain time (12:35 am EDT). Those in that timezone had to switch (and I think the Central time zone too). The West Coast continued to get coverage from USA, but west coast viewers who had a satellite dish that used an East Coast feed lost their coverage. I have cable, I saw the whole match. Sucks, but it was a contract/broadcast rights thing, so not really USA's fault, this time.

mangoes
09-08-2005, 07:08 PM
To be honest, I used to think that USA did a better job than ESPN2 in covering a Slam. But honestly, USA has the advantage of covering a Slam in an American time zone.

Cutting off the Agassi vs. Blake match during the 5th set to show the last 20 minutes of Law & Order was an unpardonable sin. I can't believe I'll never get to see the end of one of this year's greatest US Open comebacks.

I hate the USA channel, and I will never forgive them for this.

USA HAS DONE A GREAT JOB.

Fumus
09-08-2005, 07:15 PM
yeah , good thing im not croatian jackass. :wavey:

Neither is Llubo he's actually an Alien from another planet you'de think everyone would have figured it out by now with the way he looks and all. :)

DayTripperGH
09-08-2005, 07:19 PM
They didn't cut it off, it when on cbs.

FOOL.

when USA stopped showing the match it got cut off
even though it went to cbs, USA still cut the match off...
because it didnt show the rest of the match on their channel

Mechlan
09-08-2005, 07:21 PM
USA is usually pretty fantastic compared to other stations. I know someone that had their match cut off, and that royally sucks. Still, if you're a fanatic and want to see the remainder of the match sometime, it's not like they'll never show it again. All in all, they do a pretty good job of sticking with matches, so I'd cut them some slack - certainly much rather have USA than ESPN.

Lee
09-08-2005, 07:23 PM

USA didnot cut the match off. USA cannot show the match at the same timezone when CBS is showing. I don't know if there's a hearing problem with some posters here because Ted had been repeating the information at least 3 times before the cut off time.

I'm on pacific time zone, 3 hours behind, and watched until the last point of the match on USA.

Lee
09-08-2005, 07:25 PM

USA showed the rest of the match today.

DayTripperGH
09-08-2005, 07:26 PM
i didnt actually watch it...i was just saying...that if they stopped showing it they cut it off...but i didnt know that two stations cant show the same match (why dont they just keep it the same?)

Fumus
09-08-2005, 07:27 PM

It's not like ESPN when they are sole carrier of the coverage in the US. It wasn't like they said, "no one is going to see this now watch law and order biatches"...like USA did durning the Robby vs. Gasquet match. I didn't see anyone making any threads about that.

PaulieM
09-08-2005, 07:30 PM
usa's coverage isn't perfect but it is definitely a lot better than espn

Lee
09-08-2005, 07:44 PM
i didnt actually watch it...i was just saying...that if they stopped showing it they cut it off...but i didnt know that two stations cant show the same match (why dont they just keep it the same?)

Companies paid BIG bucks to CBS to air their commercials during the tennis broadcast, much bigger than paying USA. So CBS has to guarantee that when you're watching tennis, you're watching CBS, not USA.

DayTripperGH
09-08-2005, 07:45 PM
USA showed the rest of the match today.
thats still cutting it off

Turkeyballs Paco
09-08-2005, 07:46 PM
USA's coverage is really great actually. Mostly showing us matches and not wasting lots of time on interviews. I like it!

DayTripperGH
09-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Companies paid BIG bucks to CBS to air their commercials during the tennis broadcast, much bigger than paying USA. So CBS has to guarantee that when you're watching tennis, you're watching CBS, not USA.
what stops USA from showing it?

DayTripperGH
09-08-2005, 07:49 PM
but honestly i really dont care what channel they show it on....its bad enough they rarely ever show tennis

Lee
09-08-2005, 07:50 PM
what stops USA from showing it?

USA will be sued by CBS and whatever money they made from showing tennis will go down the drain. There are contracts signed. USA cannot showed tennis at the same time that CBS is showing.

I don't know why I have to keep repeating myself here. If you still don't understand, read Fee and my posts in this thread again and again and again...........

DayTripperGH
09-08-2005, 07:54 PM
no i just dont get the fact that if there are contracts signed why they wont give the whole tennis match to USA?

i do get the fact that there are contracts signed...i though USA had the right to show it so when CBS shows it why cant USA show it? unless they those to split it up...which isn't exactly convenient for the viewer (if they record it)

Lee
09-08-2005, 08:01 PM
no i just dont get the fact that if there are contracts signed why they wont give the whole tennis match to USA?

i do get the fact that there are contracts signed...i though USA had the right to show it so when CBS shows it why cant USA show it? unless they those to split it up...which isn't exactly convenient for the viewer (if they record it)

Please, read back on posts in this thread, because it's already explained.

DayTripperGH
09-08-2005, 08:05 PM
yeah you're right it is explained...sorry

but i still think its a pretty stupid thing todo that
cause you can't record the last part of the match then

mangoes
09-08-2005, 08:28 PM
yeah you're right it is explained...sorry

but i still think its a pretty stupid thing todo that
cause you can't record the last part of the match then

Damn................................Do you finally understand?

Jennay
09-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Is it that difficult to switch to another channel? :confused: Unless of course, you were taping it and had no idea, like me. :p

tennisace
09-08-2005, 09:13 PM
I can't understand why everyone is so surprised that the coverage switched over to CBS at last night. That's they way it's been done for years and years if a match runs long enough to still be on when the CBS Highight show comes on after Letterman. USA stays with the match until it's contractually obligated to end their coverage and CBS picks it up. This is nothing new. I set my DVR every night to record USA until 12:37 and then on CBS from 12:37 on. Don't have to be a rocket science to figure it out either.

G O
09-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Yea well you must live in EATCRAP Ville... :D

The FOOL is the one defending USA Network.

And for most of us we had to wait for the tape to see the rest of " THE Match of the Century".

AMERICA.....FUCK YEAH!

G O
09-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Is it that difficult to switch to another channel? :confused: Unless of course, you were taping it and had no idea, like me. :p

It depends on where you live. I'm out here on the west coast and didn't get to see the rest of the Gasquet/Ginepri match because Letterman was on CBS or something. Basically over here we had to wait for the highlight show to watch a partial tape. So I'd say is a little difficult to switch the channel in this case.

I guess many of us were not as fourtunate as you last night. And DirectTv subscribers also got screwed.

El Legenda
09-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Neither is Llubo he's actually an Alien from another planet you'de think everyone would have figured it out by now with the way he looks and all. :)

see i was right when i said you were pretty stupid and you keep proving it.

thank you come again.

G O
09-08-2005, 10:12 PM
USA HAS DONE A GREAT JOB.

:smash:

DayTripperGH
09-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Damn................................Do you finally understand?
obviously i do...but you don't have to be a jackass about it

Fumus
09-11-2005, 02:24 PM
see i was right when i said you were pretty stupid and you keep proving it.

thank you come again.

You are the one with a blog. :o Loser. Case closed. :)

buddyholly
09-11-2005, 03:02 PM
The obvious answer is to move to Latin America and then you will find that ESPN covers everyrhing and never leaves in the middle of a match. And Jimmy Arias is a very funny commentator.