Question on cortisone injections... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Question on cortisone injections...

TheMightyFed
09-08-2005, 01:03 PM
I was wondering if there are some limitations when you take cortisone shots for medical reasons like Agassi and other players (Henin, etc.). As I understand cortisone is not allowed in other cases. Do you have to respect a certain level or you can go as far as you want and, going beyond the pain, get in supershape partly thanks to it ? I don't know, and if you have some answers...

Eve83
09-08-2005, 01:16 PM
http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/paindrugs/a/cortisone.htm

I had shots for my inflammed shoulder (and every other kind of treatment) ...huge needle...eeek;) The more I am scared that my shoulder´s hurting again after my last match which is already three days ago.

My doctor said there are no limitations but too much of something is never a good idea.

nermo
09-08-2005, 01:18 PM
it should be taken with limitations ofcourse , depending on the case and what kind of inflammation it is treating..cuz cortisone injection as magical as they 're as pain killers for treating inflammation, but on the long run Cortisone can make lots of adverse effects...

Angle Queen
09-08-2005, 01:25 PM
From what I recall, most physicians will only give two or three cortizone injections in the same area (for the same problem).

TheMightyFed
09-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks, it seems in this article that after a given number of injections it doesn't have much effect...