Is this true? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is this true?

delsa
09-08-2005, 06:47 AM
Post by a certain blowntennis on SteveG's forum: http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1002

Is this true? Or is it probable?
(i didn't see the match...)

Chloe le Bopper
09-08-2005, 06:50 AM
I would not be terribly surprised if people yelled stuff like that out at Gasquet. Apparently it happened to Nadal too. They are European, thus they must be gay. Whether or not Fish and his friends were doing it, I can't say.

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 06:54 AM
Post by a certain blowntennis on SteveG's forum: http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1002

Is this true? Or is it probable?
(i didn't see the match...)

It might be, but it might not be true.

Mardy does have form for arguing with French players. When he lost to Benneteau, he said to him that he was the worst player on tour and I would never lose to you again.

He and Julien Varlet had a problem as well, so he does have form with a few French players, though about this incident I wasn't there and didn't see it on TV. It wouldn't surprise me either way if it happened or not.

jole
09-08-2005, 06:56 AM
It might be, but it might not be true.

Mardy does have form for arguing with French players. When he lost to Benneteau, he said to him that he was the worst player on tour and I would never lose to you again.

He and Julien Varlet had a problem as well, so he does have form with a few French players, though about this incident I wasn't there and didn't see it on TV. It wouldn't surprise me either way if it happened or not.

Yes, I 100% remember that Benneteau incident. I was laffing.

TennisLurker
09-08-2005, 07:00 AM
Ha, I was going to post about the same thing, I remember the bennetau incident.

jole
09-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Watch Fish draw Benneteau next year at Roland Garros! Julien is gonna be liek eat shit Mardy.

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 07:03 AM
Watch Fish draw Benneteau next year at Roland Garros! Julien is gonna be liek eat shit Mardy.

That would be great. I remember my brother was at the AO one year and there was almost a punch up between Scott Davis and Antonitsch, it was caused mainly by things like Fish has said to Benneteau or allegedly was saying to Gasquet.

SwissMister1
09-08-2005, 03:00 PM
What happened? The post from the steveg forum you posted has been deleted.

I don't recall Richard ever playing Mardy Fish. Of course, whatever happened, I know how I'll feel about it, since I'm a bit biased...

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 03:06 PM
What happened? The post from the steveg forum you posted has been deleted.

I don't recall Richard ever playing Mardy Fish. Of course, whatever happened, I know how I'll feel about it, since I'm a bit biased...

Gasquet was playing Ginepri and Fish was allegedly drunk with some friends in the stands. They were making fun of Gasquet, saying stuff like kick his arse, you are not so good now when Gasquet was struggling at the end and Mardy was there getting on the heckling.

As I said before I wasn't there, but that was the basis of the post.

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 03:08 PM
This is the post from Steveg's forum

http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1002

I was at the us open on monday the 5th. i had grounds passes for the day and great seats just above the boxes for the night match featuring ginepri and gasquet. I love the usa. But more that that I love young, talented players that give there all on the court. What i witnessed monday evening was disturbing.

First off, I noticed that mardy fish was in the box directly below my seat. I knew it was him because i follow tennis(especially the americans) religiously. During one of the change overs, I noticed there was a dull point in the running argument he had been having all night with his girlfriend. So me and my girlfriend leaned over the ledge and yelled his name. He immediately turned and looked our way. He looked drunk, and after we asked for his autograph he turned to one of his buddies(they were all drinking big beers all night)and said something to him that i could not hear. At that point his buddy(i think it might have been his brother if he has one) turned to us and said that even though the man looked exactly like mardy fish, he was not the man. I was polite and apologized even though i knew better.

Later in the evening, around the 4th set, some of you might have heard them screaming if you were watching. Mardy was quieter that the rest but the rest made up for him. They were screaming and swearing and calling richard gasquet names. Calling him a fag, litterally screaming it in the middle of a point. Some of the fans closer to the action turned around several times to tell them to shut up. The surprising thing was that security did nothing. I have been to lots of live tennis matches, including twice to the us open, and i have seen people removed for much less.

Does anyone know mardy or his friends and family? If so, does this sound like regular behavior? If this really is the way he treats non american tennis players, then i am going to write a letter to the atp because it was far beyond un sportsman like conduct. It was down right disgusting and even more it was embeassing.

I am all about being patriotic, and screaming out "USA.. USA.." But not screaming "Kick his f#cking @ss Mardy" or "Gasquet, What happened?" in a girls voice while he is in the middle of serving. Or "Gasquet is a fagot" They are just unacceptable cheers. Especially from tour pros!!

Was anybody else there? Did you guys hear it on tv?

Shabazza
09-08-2005, 03:18 PM
:drink: :retard: :banghead:

G_Hughes
09-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Who cares ........
Fish is just a fat loser and needs to work out a bit, last time I saw him he was looking like " THE DUDE " from BIG LEBOWSKI movie ............
If he was drunk and screaming these kind of shit heīs in deep trouble. Maybe he was jealous because at some stages of that match and just before Gasquet ran out of gas he was playing unbelievable tennis , hitting winners from everywhere.
Mardy wouldnīt play like this even with the Playstation even though it looks like itīs the only sport heīs practising right now according to his current weight....

SwissMister1
09-08-2005, 03:20 PM
I didn't see the fourth set - wasn't shown on American TV because of USA Network cutting it off.

Wouldn't surprise me, though...Fish knows he will never see the fourth round of a slam unless he buys a ticket, and I'm sure is a little bitter about it. As for Ginepri, Dre will administer proper justice to him in the next round.

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Who cares ........
Fish is just a fat loser and needs to work out a bit, last time I saw him he was looking like " THE DUDE " from BIG LEBOWSKI movie ............
If he was drunk and screaming these kind of shit heīs in deep trouble. Maybe he was jealous because at some stages of that match and just before Gasquet ran out of gas he was playing unbelievable tennis , hitting winners from everywhere.
Mardy wouldnīt play like this even with the Playstation even though it looks like itīs the only sport heīs practising right now according to his current weight....

I mean it's a French poster that started the thread and Mardy has form for this, but I wish there was a bit more needle it makes it interesting.

Btw, did you get my info about Slovakia?

Choupi
09-08-2005, 03:27 PM
This is the post from Steveg's forum

http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1002

I was at the us open on monday the 5th. i had grounds passes for the day and great seats just above the boxes for the night match featuring ginepri and gasquet. I love the usa. But more that that I love young, talented players that give there all on the court. What i witnessed monday evening was disturbing.

First off, I noticed that mardy fish was in the box directly below my seat. I knew it was him because i follow tennis(especially the americans) religiously. During one of the change overs, I noticed there was a dull point in the running argument he had been having all night with his girlfriend. So me and my girlfriend leaned over the ledge and yelled his name. He immediately turned and looked our way. He looked drunk, and after we asked for his autograph he turned to one of his buddies(they were all drinking big beers all night)and said something to him that i could not hear. At that point his buddy(i think it might have been his brother if he has one) turned to us and said that even though the man looked exactly like mardy fish, he was not the man. I was polite and apologized even though i knew better.

Later in the evening, around the 4th set, some of you might have heard them screaming if you were watching. Mardy was quieter that the rest but the rest made up for him. They were screaming and swearing and calling richard gasquet names. Calling him a fag, litterally screaming it in the middle of a point. Some of the fans closer to the action turned around several times to tell them to shut up. The surprising thing was that security did nothing. I have been to lots of live tennis matches, including twice to the us open, and i have seen people removed for much less.

Does anyone know mardy or his friends and family? If so, does this sound like regular behavior? If this really is the way he treats non american tennis players, then i am going to write a letter to the atp because it was far beyond un sportsman like conduct. It was down right disgusting and even more it was embeassing.

I am all about being patriotic, and screaming out "USA.. USA.." But not screaming "Kick his f#cking @ss Mardy" or "Gasquet, What happened?" in a girls voice while he is in the middle of serving. Or "Gasquet is a fagot" They are just unacceptable cheers. Especially from tour pros!!

Was anybody else there? Did you guys hear it on tv?
If this has trully happened that way, I start regretting that Gasquet has improved his English so much! Sometimes it's much better to ignore than to know... :)

G_Hughes
09-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I mean it's a French poster that started the thread and Mardy has form for this, but I wish there was a bit more needle it makes it interesting.

Yes man I received it. Thank you very much for all even though I donīt think Iīll be going . Too expensive and I honestly think that Argentina will get through and therefore Iīll have to travel to either Russia or Croatia in December
Anyway it was really useful info and I reallay appreciated it !!!!

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Yes man I received it. Thank you very much for all even though I donīt think Iīll be going . Too expensive and I honestly think that Argentina will get through and therefore Iīll have to travel to either Russia or Croatia in December
Anyway it was really useful info and I reallay appreciated it !!!!

I'll let you know about Croatia or Russia if that happens, at the same time, your comments about the Play Station are very apt.

We have a joke among my tennis friends a program called "Fiskar med Mardy Fish." It means fishing with Mardy Fish, he has more chance of catching fish than major titles.

G_Hughes
09-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I'll let you know about Croatia or Russia if that happens, at the same time, your comments about the Play Station are very apt.

We have a joke among my tennis friends a program called "Fiskar med Mardy Fish." It means fishing with Mardy Fish, he has more chance of catching fish than major titles.

" THE DUDE " will never win anything , thatīs a fact.
He volleys are great though but from the baseline heīs as reliable as Ferrero volleying ..........
Anyway this US is really the "underdogs paradise " . Ginepri used to be such a chicken brain like Verdasco , Horna or Calleri and all of a sudden he found a brain . Full credit for him for that achievement!!! . Now he plays almost like a claycourter and even though heīs been really like this tournament winning his last three in the fifth set thatīs some mental strength !!
Bravo Robby , and now you could teach your buddy Mardy who to get in good shape . " THE DUDE " needs some diet urgently !!!

delsa
09-08-2005, 03:55 PM

You know this blowntennis? :confused: He seemed to be from the US seing what he said in the post... :scratch:
Thank you for answering. ;) If he was drunk which i didn't understood with my poor English reading the post that's ok...And who cares about what he thinks anyway...
Choupi: I think Richard's English is still not up to understanding what Fish said... :o And moreover i think he had better to concentrate on during his match so i think he didn't even heard him if it is true... ;)

zethand
09-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Who cares ........

well said!

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 04:00 PM
" THE DUDE " will never win anything , thatīs a fact.
He volleys are great though but from the baseline heīs as reliable as Ferrero volleying ..........
Anyway this US is really the "underdogs paradise " . Ginepri used to be such a chicken brain like Verdasco , Horna or Calleri and all of a sudden he found a brain . Full credit for him for that achievement!!! . Now he plays almost like a claycourter and even though heīs been really like this tournament winning his last three in the fifth set thatīs some mental strength !!
Bravo Robby , and now you could teach your buddy Mardy who to get in good shape . " THE DUDE " needs some diet urgently !!!

Well Ginepri's form at the moment should make some people besides Fish wake up and look at themselves.

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 04:01 PM
You know this blowntennis? :confused: He seemed to be from the US seing what he said in the post... :scratch:
Thank you for answering. ;) If he was drunk which i didn't understood with my poor English reading the post that's ok...And who cares about what he thinks anyway...
Choupi: I think Richard's English is still not up to understanding what Fish said... :o And moreover i think he had better to concentrate on during his match so i think he didn't even heard him if it is true... ;)

I said you started the thread here and not in Steve G that's the only thing.

Choupi
09-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Well he's improved a lot given what it was! And those nice words are always understood and learned much more easily! :rolleyes: I hope the focus was strong enough though!

revolution
09-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Mardy seems to be the arse of the Americans, and the proof is his ranking/performance compared to the other two young Americans lately.

Carito_90
09-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Who cares ........

A fat loser who reached the 16th spot in the rankings. I'd like to see if you ever manage to achieve half of what he did.
No, seriously, I think you should calm down a little. We're here to discuss, not insult. Insulting a player can make their fans feel bad or mad, and then cause a fight or argument. And since I think that's not what anyone here is looking for, you might want to stop with the insulting. Thanks.

Now, regarding what this guy said... I don't know, I saw the match up to the 4th set but never heard really loud screams or anything. This guy should know better than I do if he was there.
If it's true, it'd be dissapointing from Mardy, of course, but then again, why would Mardy risk being spotted drinking and yelling offensive stuff and getting into trouble?
I don't know, I have my doubts.

Lee
09-08-2005, 04:43 PM
why would Mardy risk being spotted drinking and yelling offensive stuff and getting into trouble?

I don't know what happened since I was not there or watching but once you start drinking, it slightly affect your judgement and then you drink more and you totally lost yourself. Not everyone is like that but some people do.

delsa
09-08-2005, 04:43 PM
I said you started the thread here and not in Steve G that's the only thing.
Ahhh...Ok! :o Sorry...But i'm not "a French poster" so that's part of why i didn't get it. Nobody knows this Blowntennis? :confused: Maybe i'll send him a pm...

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Ahhh...Ok! :o Sorry...But i'm not "a French poster" so that's part of why i didn't get it. Nobody knows this Blowntennis? :confused: Maybe i'll send him a pm...

You're French aren't you? You posted it here and I assumed wrongly that you were from France. Sorry for that.

delsa
09-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Well he's improved a lot given what it was! And those nice words are always understood and learned much more easily! :rolleyes: I hope the focus was strong enough though!
I hope too if it's true but maybe this story is a lie so...
And as i said, i'm almost sure that he didn't hear him whatever he said or not... ;)

delsa
09-08-2005, 04:50 PM
You're French aren't you? You posted it here and I assumed wrongly that you were from France. Sorry for that.
Well that's because many of the players i am a fan of are from France for many reasons and because i speak the language etc...But i'm not.
Even French ppl think i'm French sometimes (they ask me about my origins though because i'm not completely the European type physically...) ...before i make a mistake in genders speaking their language or something so then i'm sold out... :o

Choupi
09-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Well that's because many of the players i am a fan of are from France for many reasons and because i speak the language etc...But i'm not.
Even French ppl think i'm French sometimes (they ask me about my origins though because i'm not completely the European type physically...) ...before i make a mistake in genders speaking their language or something so then i'm sold out... :o
What a better example of integration! :yeah: Delsa, your French is better than what some native speakers are able to produce sometimes! :)

Geniey2g
09-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Mardy and the crew :retard:

Fee
09-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Well, let me clear up one misconception, if I may. I spoke to Scott Humphries on the first day of the USO, we were staying at the same hotel and I ran into him as he was heading out for transportation. He said that Mardy did use his time off the court during the last few weeks to do some conditioning and strengthening, that he has lost about ten pounds, and he is in better shape. (I like Scott, even if I'm not very fond of Mardy, so I believe what he says).

Mardy lost on the first day or the second? He was not in the doubles draw. There is really no reason for him to hang around the USO for an extra week, even if his best buddy (James) is still in the tournament, so I have my doubts that it was him. I guess we'll never know for sure. Hey, maybe I'll ask Mardy about it when he comes to the Sacto Challenger in October.

alfonsojose
09-08-2005, 06:26 PM
They were caling Richard fag :rolleyes: Now i can see why no gay player has come out of the closet :scared: :sad:

Carito_90
09-08-2005, 07:45 PM
I don't know what happened since I was not there or watching but once you start drinking, it slightly affect your judgement and then you drink more and you totally lost yourself. Not everyone is like that but some people do.

Oh I know that, I do. But why even start? And besides, you can't get THAT drunk by just having a few beers as this guy says.
But yeah, I dont know.

Fee, that's true too. There was no reason for him to stay, specially when he has to recover and work on his body.

Lee
09-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh I know that, I do. But why even start? And besides, you can't get THAT drunk by just having a few beers as this guy says.
But yeah, I dont know.

Every dudes around you is drinking, why not?

Oh, some people can get THAT drunk easily! I, for one, can get drunk by eating one of those tiny little chocolates with liquor inside or half a can of beer. But it happened once in a while that I drank with my co-workers on Friday afternoon. The good thing is, I'm the kind of drunk that sleep it off, instead of getting obnoxious, loud mouth, etc.

dmit424
09-08-2005, 08:12 PM
I know it's not a good aproach, but I have found myself cheering againsgt all American players (except Blake) at this Open because I just don't like how the match gets tight, and the crowd is COMPLETELY one-sided for the American player... Paris crowds aren't too great with this, either... but it just ticks me off, something about it. I was at Cincy for every Roddick, Hewitt, and Federer match and was watching the Chela/Roddick match and in the tiebreak (1st set I believe?), everyone was yelling "Cmon Roddick!!" and I yelled out "Go Chela!" and about 30 people seemed to just turn around and glare at me... It was just disturbing. I cheer good tennis, not my favorite country or whatever. As much as I love Hewitt and dislike Roddick, during their Cincy semifinal, I clapped for every Roddick winner and stood up right away to give Roddick the standing-ovation that he deserved.

LaTenista
09-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Last year at Cincy Mardy was hanging around there long after he retired in the 1st round against Agassi. I saw him watching Morrison vs Safin. After Jeff lost Mardy walked back to the players lounge with him and was trying to be a supportive friend. :shrug: But as SwissMister1 pointed out, those of us Stateside didn't get coverage of the 4th set. :retard:

its.like.that
09-08-2005, 10:20 PM
this is your lovely American socialism at work, you have people dying because of a Hurricane (and each other), and this idiot who goes to the tennis declares:

"If this really is the way he treats non american tennis players, then i am going to write a letter to the atp".

I mean am the type of person when I get upset about a loss in sports, and people tell me "it's only a game", but when peoples' lives are at stake, if you have spare time on your hands, there are more heplful things one could do than be a jackass and write a letter that no one gives a f*ck about and nobody will pay attention to.

:retard:

G_Hughes
09-08-2005, 10:45 PM
A fat loser who reached the 16th spot in the rankings. I'd like to see if you ever manage to achieve half of what he did.
No, seriously, I think you should calm down a little. We're here to discuss, not insult. Insulting a player can make their fans feel bad or mad, and then cause a fight or argument. And since I think that's not what anyone here is looking for, you might want to stop with the insulting. Thanks.

Now, regarding what this guy said... I don't know, I saw the match up to the 4th set but never heard really loud screams or anything. This guy should know better than I do if he was there.
If it's true, it'd be dissapointing from Mardy, of course, but then again, why would Mardy risk being spotted drinking and yelling offensive stuff and getting into trouble?

Iīm not going to achieve half not even 1/10 of what Mardy did and Mardy will never be in my shape, is as simple as that .
He should teach me how to volley and Iīll show him who to lose weight .
We got a deal here, right ...... ?

mishar
09-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Why would Mardy deny being Mardy when someone asked him for his autograph?

I don't know anything about Fish, but I would imagine he stayed away from the US Open altogether.. and if he come, that he would pleased to be recognized. But if he did all of this, of course, it's terrible. But somehow the story didn't sound right to me.

Scotso
09-09-2005, 04:28 AM
Until we have proof, I don't think I'm going to judge any of them.

buddyholly
09-09-2005, 10:26 AM
this is your lovely American socialism at work, you have people dying because of a Hurricane (and each other), and this idiot who goes to the tennis declares:

"If this really is the way he treats non american tennis players, then i am going to write a letter to the atp".

I mean am the type of person when I get upset about a loss in sports, and people tell me "it's only a game", but when peoples' lives are at stake, if you have spare time on your hands, there are more heplful things one could do than be a jackass and write a letter that no one gives a f*ck about and nobody will pay attention to.

:retard:

And for a while I thought you were funny, but this post looks like the words were typed randomly - no one clause relates to the next.

buddyholly
09-09-2005, 10:27 AM
And I was going to post that we will have to wait for Fee to give us the dope on this one. Maybe she will follow it up.

Fee
09-09-2005, 08:07 PM
"nope wasn't there, not sure who it was."

According to my source (who will remain anonymous). But I'm still curious about this, so I might email his agency.