Blake, Ginepri, Roddick = USA DC Team (official) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Blake, Ginepri, Roddick = USA DC Team (official)

tennischick
09-08-2005, 06:19 AM
Blake and Ginepri join Roddick on USA Davis Cup team

Andy Roddick, James Blake and Robby Ginepri were named today to the US Davis Cup team by captain Patrick McEnroe.

Joining them as doubles players will be Bob Bryan and Mke Bryan. McEnroe announced that Sam Querry and Alex Clayton will be practice partners.

The US will meet Belgium September 23-25 in Leuven, Belgium.

http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=7463

liptea
09-08-2005, 06:20 AM
Boo hiss. I miss the days when Mardy didn't suck and wasn't practically dead with injuries.

Pheobo
09-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Get rid of Roddick and put in Taylor and it's a wonderful team ^_^

tennischick
09-08-2005, 06:23 AM
how do we get this message to PMac?

maybe via an Amex ad? :tape: :rolls:

Scotso
09-08-2005, 06:51 AM
Wait, you can only have 4 players, no?

liptea
09-08-2005, 06:54 AM
Maybe Mardy and Taylor and Vince and Donald Young can start like a rebel Davis Cup team. hha!

darnyelb
09-08-2005, 06:57 AM
will it be played on clay? Ginepri is a good (well, better I should say) choice than Blake.

Scotso
09-08-2005, 07:00 AM
On clay, yes.

mishar
09-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Ginepri's record on clay is pretty dismal. I don't really understand. You'd think with his strong backcourt game he'd do okay.

I think his only win on clay ever was against Mardy Fish in Houston this year, but I could be wrong about that.

He lost love-love-three to Djoko in Paris this year, I believe.

Scotso
09-08-2005, 07:16 AM
That's because Djokovic rules the world!

It's hard to find an American player that doesn't have a pathetic record on clay.

They should break out the secret American clay weapon, Hugo Armando! He can play on it because he was born in Argentina. :D

Scotso
09-08-2005, 07:17 AM
That said, even on clay I think that they'll beat Belgium.

mishar
09-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Hugo :worship:

Tennis_Passion
09-08-2005, 08:32 AM
lol, Andy didnt last as long as Dent who took Lleyton to 5 sets on hardcourt, what's the chance he does well on her worst surface. Go BELGIUM...:worship:.

joeb_uk
09-08-2005, 10:06 AM
:D :yeah:

JMG
09-08-2005, 10:08 AM
I think one of them has to be substitute or can they have 5 in the team?

mishar
09-08-2005, 10:09 AM
One of James/Robby won't play.

JMG
09-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Gimelstob/Morrison would be the best team on clay.

Fumus
09-08-2005, 03:20 PM
For the billionth time, if the match is on clay....you put Spadea on your team not Blake or Ginepri.

alfonsojose
09-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Where's Vinnie :sad: ?

Fumus
09-08-2005, 03:32 PM
I don't know, when I went to USO, I got pictures of him practicing with Guga and Moya. haha..he was wearing Powerbar apperal.

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 03:40 PM
For the billionth time, if the match is on clay....you put Spadea on your team not Blake or Ginepri.

It's on clay NY stud.

Fumus
09-08-2005, 03:46 PM
It's on clay NY stud.

Yea, Vince is better on clay. :)

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Yea, Vince is better on clay. :)

Vincenzo driving his Benzo
He can stay all day
Playing on clay.

Yes, he is better.

Fumus
09-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Vincenzo driving his Benzo
He can stay all day
Playing on clay.

Yes, he is better.

Yea, well it doesn't matter, I mean who are they playing Belgium...yea I think USA is safe.

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Yea, well it doesn't matter, I mean who are they playing Belgium...yea I think USA is safe.

That's what you said about the Croats? You were the one making fun of Acasuso before RG :)

Fumus
09-08-2005, 03:58 PM
That's what you said about the Croats? You were the one making fun of Acasuso before RG :)

I will still make fun of Acasuso. The guys nickname is "Chucho" and in America thats sounds like Chocha...that's slang for Vagina. ;)

Man I still can't believe that they lost to the Croats. It's all those damn Bryan brother's double fault. ;)

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 04:00 PM
I will still make fun of Acasuso. The guys nickname is "Chucho" and in America thats sounds like Chocha...that's slang for Vagina. ;)

Man I still can't believe that they lost to the Croats. It's all those damn Bryan brother's double fault. ;)

I mean you can, but don't forget he can't serve and has no backhand, one of the greatest tactical blunders ever. :)

I can believe they lost, they were overconfident and got punished for it.

Fumus
09-08-2005, 04:03 PM
I mean you can, but don't forget he can't serve and has no backhand, one of the greatest tactical blunders ever. :)

I can believe they lost, they were overconfident and got punished for it.

I think Americans have a tendancy to be overconfident and then get punished.

Ohh...I got some Oscar Hernandez pictures for you from USO, whenever I post them.

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 04:11 PM
I think Americans have a tendancy to be overconfident and then get punished.

Ohh...I got some Oscar Hernandez pictures for you from USO, whenever I post them.

Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. If they aren't overconfident then they can get the right result for themselves in Belgium.

You took pics of king Oscar for me, why thanks. Whenever get around to it,it will be appreciated.

Fumus
09-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. If they aren't overconfident then they can get the right result for themselves in Belgium.

You took pics of king Oscar for me, why thanks. Whenever get around to it,it will be appreciated.

Ok GWH...since you are in a talking mood...

Who's going to win on Sat Agassi or Robby?

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Ok GWH...since you are in a talking mood...

Who's going to win on Sat Agassi or Robby?

I am cheering for the umpire. My record in this tournament isn't good.

Agassi should win this match.

Jimnik
09-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Belgium is Malisse and the Rochus brothers, right?
I don't see why they can't win. If the tie is on clay and Agassi isn't playing, the Belgians will be well matched against the Americans.

I expect the Bryan brothers to win the doubles but who will play the singles?
Andy has won a few clay court titles so he'll probably be first choice and then a toss-up between Blake and Ginepri.

Action Jackson
09-08-2005, 04:24 PM
I don't see why they can't win. If the tie is on clay and Agassi isn't playing, the Belgians will be well matched against the Americans.

Andy has won a few clay court titles so he'll probably be first choice and then a toss-up between Blake and Ginepri.

I mean I want Belgium to win doesn't mean they will, Roddick has done nothing in Europe on clay apart from a semi in Rome 2002. Actually Spadea should be in the team, but Blake is a better bet than Ginepri.

It's only the Rochus brothers as Malisse hasn't been picked.

Fumus
09-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Christophe Rochus has the best drop shot in the game...by far.

Papakori
09-08-2005, 05:08 PM
ah :) it will be a good weekend when I go and watch it :)

Thanks for the info :)

tennischick
09-08-2005, 06:36 PM

if Malisse is not playing, we definitely have a chance. ;)

Grinder
09-08-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm surprised that Ginepri isn't good on clay. He has a punishing heavy topspin baseline game. His movement is great and he can end points quickly as well as engage in solid rallies.

Pureracket
09-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Maybe if Patty and Andy weren't lovers, Patty'd know that Andy may not be the best choice on clay. Andy needs a surface where he can regain backhand confidence.

blosson
09-08-2005, 11:33 PM
But there isn't that much choice anyway. Andy and clay are not the bes of friends but he's still the only American with about 4 clay titles considering Andre won't be part of DC