Is "Mr. Nice-guy" becoming a new Hewitt ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is "Mr. Nice-guy" becoming a new Hewitt ?

TheMightyFed
09-07-2005, 07:27 AM
I was amazed yesterday in that weird 3rd set, when Roger repeatedly yelled "come on" on Kiefer faults at really critical moment. I had the vision of... Hewitt in front of me ! Roger played badly and he used this trick to boost himself and psych a bit the German. That was a bit ugly... Anyway apart from Borg or Edberg I don't know many tennis greats who didn't try to intimidate the opponent in one way or another... crappy match overall...
Edited

Action Jackson
09-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Someone needs the Vcash badly.

megadeth
09-07-2005, 07:33 AM
fed's only human. so stop criticizing every simple "not-your-regular-fed" statements.

TheMightyFed
09-07-2005, 07:34 AM
I don't bet...

TheMightyFed
09-07-2005, 07:38 AM
fed's only human. so stop criticizing every simple "not-your-regular-fed" statements.
No it's just that I know he doesn't need to do that to play well and it was a bit unusual...

Neely
09-07-2005, 07:48 AM
I don't bet...
But you can bet on that it would be the worst thing that Hewitt could do against Federer and that everybody would just hate it ;)

jenanun
09-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Anyway apart from Borg or Edberg I don't know many tennis greats who didn't try to intimidate the opponent in one way or another....

edberg :worship: :worship: :worship:

he is the real mr. nice guy..... i :hearts: stefan!

Dushenka
09-07-2005, 07:54 AM
well, it's not the first time that roger said/shouted "come on!" during his matches... the difference is in the way he says it. With Roger it feels more like a wake-up-call to himself during tense times whereas Hewitt's "c'mons" look to me like roaring-gorilla-beating-on-his-chest rituals...

:) , Dushenka

Federerhingis
09-07-2005, 07:57 AM
well, it's not the first time that roger said/shouted "come on!" during his matches... the difference is in the way he says it. With Roger it feels more like a wake-up-call to himself during tense times whereas Hewitt's "c'mons" look to me like roaring-gorilla-beating-on-his-chest rituals...

Precisely, its more to tell himself ok my forehand is clicking again, cool my backhand can withstand the barricades its taking from those two handed cannon shots.

oneandonlyhsn
09-07-2005, 07:59 AM
:zzz:

lucashg
09-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Federer doesn't look at his opponents and YELLS "C'mon!" at their errors in their face like Hewitt usually does. He mostly talks to himself and it's rare such a scene you described there.

He only looks at his opponents wanting to intimidate them when it's a pretty important point and he hits a winner or has a forced errors in his opponents' hands, or when he's fired up in a match (and still mostly about his own shots, not his opponents' errors).

Keep trying, Federer remains Mr. Nice Guy, especially if you see who's surrounding him in the rankings. Nadal, Hewitt, Roddick? Not really gentlemen on court role models.

Federerhingis
09-07-2005, 08:07 AM

Its so funny they hate him so much they love to hate him, :haha: :lol: They've got to criticize his every move. If hes not emotional he's lame and boring if hes more emotional than usual hes unsportsmanlike? I dont get it whatever.

TheMightyFed
09-07-2005, 08:21 AM

LOL True, Hewitt is still far ahead in this department... shouting on other's errors should be banned, just my opinion ;)

Lady
09-07-2005, 08:22 AM
I love Roger so much more when he does that!
When he threw the raquet after he sent the forehand way out from winning position on break point in the 2nd just made me so happy! :D
I love emotions when there are not too much of them! And when they're expressed in normal way (without putting the fingers in the eyes :p ).

FanOfHewitt
09-07-2005, 08:54 AM
I was amazed yesterday in that weird 3rd set, when Roger repeatedly yelled "come on" on Kiefer double-faults at really critical moment. I had the vision of... Hewitt in front of me ! Roger played badly and he used this trick to boost himself and psych a bit the German. That was a bit ugly... Anyway apart from Borg or Edberg I don't know many tennis greats who didn't try to intimidate the opponent in one way or another... crappy match overall...

Been watching Lleyton's matches for years and I can't remember him ever saying c'mon! on another player's double fault. So called 'unforced errors' after 20 shot rallies at critical moments yes, but not double faults.

I'd welcome anyone to prove me wrong on that though.

TheMightyFed
09-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Been watching Lleyton's matches for years and I can't remember him ever saying c'mon! on another player's double fault. So called 'unforced errors' after 20 shot rallies at critical moments yes, but not double faults.

I'd welcome anyone to prove me wrong on that though.
It's "faults", I edited. On these you'll find plenty of them.

nermo
09-07-2005, 09:04 AM
i don't know if someone has posted it before..but if i assume that u don't see Hewitt or Federer too much..i can tell u what most ppl. know:
Hewitt Com'ooons: are in ur face type..he looks to his opponents in a more agrressive way...that goes for his winners and for others faults.and in some matches, there are more than 38666 com'oons /match.this has costed him to recieve criticize (and spits :cool: )whether u or i or others approve it or not..some ppl. see it like a nice thing to do

Federer Com'ons: are more like to himself, the guy is doing this when he feels down and then something goes right with him..and mostly it is done within his boundraies ..not in others' faces..

mandoura
09-07-2005, 09:08 AM

Yes.

TheMightyFed
09-07-2005, 09:10 AM
i don't know if someone has posted it before..but if i assume that u don't see Hewitt or Federer too much..i can tell u what most ppl. know:
Hewitt Com'ooons: are in ur face type..he looks to his opponents in a more agrressive way...that goes for his winners and for others faults.and in some matches, there are more than 38666 com'oons /match.this has costed him to recieve criticize (and spits :cool: )whether u or i or others approve it or not..some ppl. see it like a nice thing to do

Federer Com'ons: are more like to himself, the guy is doing this when he feels down and then something goes right with him..and mostly it is done within his boundraies ..not in others' faces..
OK, so you sleep even when you write your own stuff...
Fed was saying it on Kiefer's errors, which was not oversportsmanship.
Now I like Fed but I don't see him like a god and I can understand he finds other ways to get rid of trouble when he plays like shit like yesterdsay in the 3rd. As someone says, he's human, and he's still a gentleman globally. Hewitt is not, as he showed again against Hrbathy :"It made it a lot easier for me to beat him today," Hewitt said. "I just couldn't lose to a bloke wearing a shirt like that."

nermo
09-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Now I like Fed but I don't see him like a god posted by mdhubert

:bigclap: wise guy...

As someone says, he's human, and he's still a gentleman globally. posted by mdhubert

i agree with this someone..don't u?

OK, so you sleep even when you write your own stuff...posted by mdhubert

sleep is a healthy thing..i like it,.. ;)

mandoura
09-07-2005, 09:20 AM
OK, so you sleep even when you write your own stuff...
Fed was saying it on Kiefer's errors, which was not oversportsmanship.
Now I like Fed but I don't see him like a god and I can understand he finds other ways to get rid of trouble when he plays like shit like yesterdsay in the 3rd. As someone says, he's human, and he's still a gentleman globally. Hewitt is not.

I worship Rogi, not as a God but rather as a decent HUMAN being and an exceptionally talented player. I watched the match and his "come-ons" came when he needed to be lifted up. It might seem "Fed was saying it on Kiefer's errors" but, in all honnesty, I believe it was because Fed himself induced these errors by making some tactical changes in the way he was playing that point and he was being appreciative it paid off. It was just like giving himself a pat on the shoulder.

nermo
09-07-2005, 09:25 AM
I watched the match and his "come-ons" came when he needed to be lifted up. It might seem "Fed was saying it on Kiefer's errors" but, in all honnesty, I believe it was because Fed himself induced these errors by making some tactical changes in the way he was playing that point and he was being appreciative it paid off. It was just like giving himself a pat on the shoulder.posted by mandoura

:yeah: my point exactly..

oneandonlyhsn
09-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Whats so bad about Hewitt :drool: C'monnnnnnn

But comparing Hewitt and Federer is like comparing pickles and ice-cream ;)

Mrs. B
09-07-2005, 09:44 AM
heck, if i hit a good shot and it's an important point, i would common myself too, no disrespect to the opponent, but just to give myself a boost.

mandoura
09-07-2005, 09:45 AM

:topic:
Is that Angelina Jolie in your avy? If yes, I love your taste, assuming of course that Rogi is the ice cream ;).

mandoura
09-07-2005, 09:46 AM
:yeah: my point exactly..
:kiss:

oneandonlyhsn
09-07-2005, 10:19 AM
:topic:
Is that Angelina Jolie in your avy? If yes, I love your taste, assuming of course that Rogi is the ice cream ;).

Yes that is the Goddess Jolie, and Rogi is def delicious as ice-cream and Hewitt is too fiesty he has to be yummy garlic pickles ;)

mandoura
09-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Yes that is the Goddess Jolie, and Rogi is def delicious as ice-cream and Hewitt is too fiesty he has to be yummy garlic pickles ;)

"Goddess Jolie" indeed. I think when God created EVE, she looked like Angelina :hearts: .

oneandonlyhsn
09-07-2005, 10:35 AM
"Goddess Jolie" indeed. I think when God created EVE, she looked like Angelina :hearts: .

I concur :worship:

Turkeyballs Paco
09-07-2005, 02:44 PM
As someone says, he's human, and he's still a gentleman globally. Hewitt is not, as he showed again against Hrbathy :"It made it a lot easier for me to beat him today," Hewitt said. "I just couldn't lose to a bloke wearing a shirt like that."

Oh, how funny. How exactly did you segue into this from complaining about Hewitt's c'mons? :lol:

Mdhubert, going where no MTF poster has gone before... or have they? :yawn:

TheMightyFed
09-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Oh, how funny. How exactly did you segue into this from complaining about Hewitt's c'mons? :lol:

Hewitt never shows a lot of respect towards opponent, as many guys on tour think, his humour is like his reactions on court, very rough, basic, a bit stupid, you know what I mean ?

gillian
09-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Roger's "c'mons" amuse the heck out of me. I'm sorry I missed them in yesterday's match. Seeing him throw a racquet every now and then is also fun.

Didn't he "lose it" during the match w/Berdych last year at the Olympics? Did anyone here see that match?

RogiFan88
09-07-2005, 04:09 PM
I was wondering who was mr nice guy

RogiFan88
09-07-2005, 04:14 PM

pickles and ice cream? maybe bec is craving such a combo

Turkeyballs Paco
09-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Hewitt never shows a lot of respect towards opponent, as many guys on tour think, his humour is like his reactions on court, very rough, basic, a bit stupid, you know what I mean ?

You make it too easy it is for people to offend you. Look how much righteous indignation you spend on... a tennis player. Of all things people should put their time and energy into, this crusade against Hewitt should be at the very top of everyone's list ;)

And anyway, some girls like them stupid and some girls like it rough. ;)

oneandonlyhsn
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM
You make it too easy it is for people to offend you. Look how much righteous indignation you spend on... a tennis player. Of all things people should put their time and energy into, this crusade against Hewitt should be at the very top of everyone's list ;)

Yeah baby :worship: :worship:

Socket
09-07-2005, 06:37 PM

What a bitch slap, oh, baby! :worship: :worship:

kim-fan
09-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Hewitt never shows a lot of respect towards opponent, as many guys on tour think

:rolleyes:
you should read his interviews

Turkeyballs Paco
09-07-2005, 07:02 PM
What a bitch slap, oh, baby! :worship: :worship:

I have a real hard time believing anybody really cares that much about Hewitt's behavior. They're usually just having a bit of fun with us or looking for attention. :yawn:

thrust
09-07-2005, 11:10 PM
As much as I admire his tennis, I do not like Roger^s demeanor on court

Flibbertigibbet
09-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Well, think about this - if Federer has a bad demeanor on court, what does this make Nadal, Safin, Roddick, and Hewitt? :)