Tennis has horrendous commercials! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tennis has horrendous commercials!

gb1205
09-07-2005, 03:53 AM
Although there are a few diamonds in the rough (the new canon rebel ad with Andre/Steffi and the Dent vs. pseudo Agassi kid) ads during tennis tournaments are the WORST in marketing.

the Andre/Steffi match over the checkbook was cute, until it was the ONLY commercial the company had the dough to make since it was shown a million times during the tournament.

The Lexus ads with Roddick are simply beyond stupid. I guess its suppose to be witty with the cast of "characters" (que USA network's new ad campaign) but it just comes across as a quick finger on the remote.

Now we all know AMEX spent a fortune on a series of Roddick commercials before he lost, but the one they threw together with the raccoon eyed, village people reject supposedly playing roddick's mojo is an embarrassment. I really hope Andy did NOT have final say in this commercail and he can blame it on his agent (change that to FIRE his agent). Who in the HELL thought that actor could represent Roddick's mojo?

In general, I would hate to be roddick's agent and love to be Blake's. Besides only being seen on commercials and not on the court, Roddick's choice of commercials is shameful. Blake on the other hand os personable and has the Jimmy Connors spirit.

It looks to me like Roddick star has set and the guys with guts are moving on up!

Anyone else's thoughts?

DustMan
09-07-2005, 05:05 AM
dude calm the hell down.

they are just commercials no need to get pissed off or anything.

oneandonlyhsn
09-07-2005, 05:10 AM
True, most tennis commercials stink. The biggest stinker is Sharapovas make every shot a power shot :tape: Horrible