Nalbandian"The match i most want to play is against federer" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nalbandian"The match i most want to play is against federer"

willie
09-07-2005, 03:20 AM
he just said it on an interview, david feels he can beat fed! :devil:

sigmagirl91
09-07-2005, 03:21 AM
Well...here's his chance.

gravity
09-07-2005, 03:21 AM
Glad he's feeling confident. I agree with him :yeah:

gillian
09-07-2005, 03:25 AM
The trash talking is definitely on!

Fergie
09-07-2005, 03:28 AM
If David go to play this match 1 time every 2 years, certainly that must want to play it ;)

Daniel
09-07-2005, 03:31 AM
Nalbandia is all blah blah blah and then Roger will shut him up.

oneandonlyhsn
09-07-2005, 03:33 AM
:woohoo: hopefully it will be a good match

DDrago2
09-07-2005, 03:40 AM
I still have the feeling they will both play like shit and dissapoint us after all those big words Whenver they hype a match it comes down to nothing

Flibbertigibbet
09-07-2005, 03:42 AM
I still have the feeling they will both play like shit and dissapoint us after all those big words Whenver they hype a match it comes down to nothing

:lol:

sigmagirl91
09-07-2005, 03:43 AM

So...which shithead will prevail?

undomiele
09-07-2005, 03:43 AM
Nalbandia is all blah blah blah and then Roger will shut him up.

The sound of you kissing swiss ass all the time on MTF is infinitely more annoying... :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
09-07-2005, 03:44 AM
I have prepared myself for great dissapointment with this match :D

Gigan
09-07-2005, 03:45 AM
why not?
David has a good experience beating federer...
Go David, beat him well!!!

hitchhiker
09-07-2005, 03:52 AM
unfortunately nablooblian has no chance against white Blake.

its like with henman. tim beat him before 2004 but cant beat him now.

MissMoJo
09-07-2005, 03:53 AM
hmmm.....you think he heard what roger said? :lol: ;)

sigmagirl91
09-07-2005, 03:54 AM
Gosh....nothing gets the tension going like a Nalby-Fed matchup. Wow!!!

whosnext
09-07-2005, 04:01 AM
Let's go David!

ugotlobbed
09-07-2005, 04:08 AM
i hear thunder ......thunderstruck !!! - acdc

oneandonlyhsn
09-07-2005, 04:15 AM
why not?
David has a good experience beating federer...
Go David, beat him well!!!

:ras: You just dont want Fed playing Andre in the final because he will get his ass whooped right ;)

YoursTruly
09-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Why would he put that as the match he'd want to play most? He's just gonna get roasted again Roger!

Daniel
09-07-2005, 04:20 AM
The sound of you kissing swiss ass all the time on MTF is infinitely more annoying... :rolleyes:

:haha: :haha:

undomiele
09-07-2005, 04:22 AM
:haha: :haha:

:)

RogiFan88
09-07-2005, 04:38 AM
At least they want to play each other.

TennisLurker
09-07-2005, 04:44 AM
For the people who became fans of Federer this last 2 years, Fed always says that before his matches with Nalbandian, you can find interviews from 2003 of Fed saying the same.

Auscon
09-07-2005, 06:18 AM
I hope its brutal and close, but fear that Roger will tear him apart

Björki
09-07-2005, 06:28 AM
Vamos David. You can do it :bounce:

Gonzo Hates Me!
09-07-2005, 06:39 AM
this will be so overrated once Fed has his way with David... anyway, I pray pray pray I am wrong. And last time I prayed it worked too. Go Clijsters! Go God

lucashg
09-07-2005, 06:39 AM
They're not quite friends, are they?

Fed will look up to play decently agaist one of his big nemesis. I'm prepared for a disappointing, sloppy match from both, but who knows?

Good luck, Fed. Fat Dahveed, you did lose a set to Sanguinetti! :p

Mrs. B
09-07-2005, 09:31 AM
unfortunately nablooblian has no chance against white Blake.

its like with henman. tim beat him before 2004 but cant beat him now.

:kiss:

Puschkin
09-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Well, if both are looking forward to playing each other (BTW: So am I), make it a good one, guys.

Oriental_Rain
09-07-2005, 10:02 AM
David want this match badly... and so does Federer!
so we'll see about that!!!!

joeb_uk
09-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Yes this matchup is one of my favourite matchups in tennis :D they are always great matches! I think david could beat him, but he needs to be more agressive and go for his shots! And finish the points off quicker than he does at the moment.

mandoura
09-07-2005, 10:41 AM
... I think david could beat him, but he needs to be more agressive and go for his shots! And finish the points off quicker than he does at the moment.

You know what, anyone can beat Roger. The problem is in the "buts" they need to do first. "But" is such a hypothetical word :rolleyes:.

badgambler has a very nice saying about the "ifs", "buts", "candy" and "nuts". Prabu, if you're reading, what was it?

Yoel and co.
09-07-2005, 10:42 AM
I know this is a bit far-fetched, but my feeling is that the winner of this match will take it all

sigmagirl91
09-07-2005, 10:43 AM
I know this is a bit far-fetched, but my feeling is that the winner of this match will take it all

I said that before as well-and I still believe it.

joeb_uk
09-07-2005, 10:44 AM
You know what, anyone can beat Roger. The problem is in the "buts" they need to do first. "But" is such a hypothetical word :rolleyes:.

badgambler has a very nice saying about the "ifs", "buts", "candy" and "nuts". Prabu, if you're reading, what was it?
Not anyone :p there are plenty of no hopers on the tour who couldnt hit their way out of a paper bag! These are the guys fed would beeat every time :lol:

Action Jackson
09-07-2005, 10:51 AM
For the people who became fans of Federer this last 2 years, Fed always says that before his matches with Nalbandian, you can find interviews from 2003 of Fed saying the same.

You have to understand that there were only about 15 of those Federer fans posting on this board at that time.

As long as whoever wins this match, wins the tournament, that's all I want.

mandoura
09-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Not anyone :p there are plenty of no hopers on the tour who couldnt hit their way out of a paper bag! These are the guys fed would beeat every time :lol:

Sure, BUT ;) if they get a good coach to teach them how to "hit their way out of a paper bag", they will be able to beat him, no? :p :haha:

mandoura
09-07-2005, 10:57 AM
As long as whoever wins this match, wins the tournament, that's all I want.

Any special reason? No favs in the lower section?

silverwhite
09-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Good luck, David! :bounce:

Hokit
09-07-2005, 11:56 AM
David, good player he is, needs to be at his best if he wants a chance to beat Federer. His serve is not the main problem. It is not strong, but it also not Dementieva-bad. He is capable of hitting well placed serves. I think it depends on how well the Swiss guy will return them.

I want David to win, but his form this year is only consistent, hardly brilliant.

1sun
09-07-2005, 01:26 PM
i am very confident in a roger win and hopefuly he will.
if nabs wins then he'll get beaten by hewitt. hewit will be so motivated to win if roger is out.

Black Adam
09-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Go David:bounce:
BTW how do Roger and David get along? :confused:

Jimnik
09-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Great that Nalba is really up for this match but this spells straight sets win to Roger, I think. David usually plays better when nobody is noticing and there's no pressure. But, by talking big, he's now created an expectation to play a close match with Fed.

Also, Fed knows the danger so I expect him to be playing some of his best tennis.

I hope I'm wrong - I want a close match.

Norrage
09-07-2005, 02:34 PM
I just can't wait for this one to start! I hope so much thata Nalbandian will give Federer a good fight and at least gets a set!

willie
09-07-2005, 05:25 PM
nalbandian showed his best game always playing against the best, in the biggest stadium and in an advanced round...so thats why he has a chance;)

RogiFan88
09-07-2005, 05:43 PM
if nabs wins then he'll get beaten by hewitt. hewit will be so motivated to win if roger is out.

yuk... what a prospect.

LLeytonRules
09-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Another crusade against Hewitt :devil: , too many haters of Hewitt.Get a crip!

wcr
09-07-2005, 05:54 PM
It's too late for Nalbandian to drop a few pounds before his match against Federer but one thing he can work on is his winner/UFE ratio. Against Sanguinetti Nalbandian hit 38 winners to 55 UFEs. He won't be able to play that way against Roger and get away with it.

How the heck did a 33-year-old veteran less-than-fresh-as-a-daisy off of a 5 setter take a set off a Nalbandian?

Federer figured out how to beat Nalbandian a couple of years ago. Unless his memory is shot, he'll know what to do tomorrow.

lau
09-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Another crusade against Hewitt :devil: , too many haters of Hewitt.Get a crip!
Do you think so? Maybe she/he just don´t like his tennis style.. That`s fair enough for me..

About David..., if you pay attention to the matches he played in this USO, you`ll know that if he sucked yesterday he`ll be on fire on Thursday :p :lol:

wcr
09-07-2005, 06:07 PM
About David..., if you pay attention to the matches he played in this USO, you`ll know that if he sucked yesterday he`ll be on fire on Thursday :p :lol:

I've only seen glimpses of his play on television. His stats in the matches he's played so far:

Round 1: 37 Winners / 32 UFEs
Round 2: 28 Winners / 38 UFEs
Round 3: 28 Winners / 24 UFEs
Round 4: 38 Winners / 55 UFEs

I'm not a DN officianado. Does he typically play early rounds with these Winners/UFE ratios and then improve them as the tournament progresses?

LLeytonRules
09-07-2005, 06:07 PM
I think u mean his personality.His tennis is very good, better then Roddick and i will say Safin as well.Thats my opinion.

lau
09-07-2005, 06:11 PM
I've only seen glimpses of his play on television. His stats in the matches he's played so far:

Round 1: 37 Winners / 32 UFEs
Round 2: 28 Winners / 38 UFEs
Round 3: 28 Winners / 24 UFEs
Round 4: 38 Winners / 55 UFEs

I'm not a DN officianado. Does he typically play early rounds with these Winners/UFE ratios and then improve them as the tournament progresses?
I was joking ;)
He sucked against Wessels (he won that match because he was playing against Wessels) and then his match against Gonzalez was awesome (at least in my opinion), now he sucks against Sanguinetti, so I would supose he`ll be on fire against Roger...
It was a joke :lol:

lau
09-07-2005, 06:13 PM
I think u mean his personality.His tennis is very good, better then Roddick and i will say Safin as well.Thats my opinion.
:lol: I would never say that Lleyton tennis style is "prettier" than Marat`s.
But it`s about personal opinions I guess ;) :)
Anyway, I understand why Lleyton fans feel a little paranoic here. "Hewitt bashing" is one of the most popular sports here, apart from tennis :lol:

wcr
09-07-2005, 06:14 PM
I was joking ;)
He sucked against Wessels (he won that match because he was playing against Wessels) and then his match against Gonzalez was awesome (at least in my opinion), now he sucks against Sanguinetti, so I would supose he`ll be on fire against Roger... It was a joke :lol:

Thanks for pointing out the joke. At first, I did think you were kidding but, what the heck, I like to look at stats once in a while. Too bad I missed his match againast Gonzalez. I always get a kick out of watching Gonzo play.

jazz_girl
09-07-2005, 06:15 PM
I was joking ;)
He sucked against Wessels (he won that match because he was playing against Wessels) and then his match against Gonzalez was awesome (at least in my opinion), now he sucks against Sanguinetti, so I would supose he`ll be on fire against Roger...
It was a joke :lol:
I'm laughing about this, but I actually think this is true! :lol: He loves playing important matches, against important players. He loves to feel the pressure, and I don't think he'll win or that he'll crush Federer, however I'm sure he'll give his all and will play a great match.

LLeytonRules
09-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Hewitt has one thing over Safin, and thats consistency, something Safin doesnt have.Sure Hewitt gets drilled by Federer, but who doesnt.

lau
09-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Hewitt has one thing over Safin, and thats consistency, something Safin doesnt have.Sure Hewitt gets drilled by Federer, but who doesnt.
I never said Marat was more consistent, that would be :smash:
But when he can, wants, is in the mood, the balls are the right ones, the umpire is a good one, there is no wind, the crowd behaves, his knee is fine, the racquet hasn´t got the fault, etc, etc, etc, his tennis can be :hearts: Too many things involved, but that makes it as beatiful as a miracle :haha:
At least in my opinion :angel:

jacobhiggins
09-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Everything starts and ends with Federer, if David does beat Federer which I highly doubt he will, he has a good chance to win the Open, Federer is the best bar none!

gravity
09-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Everything starts and ends with Federer, if David does beat Federer which I highly doubt he will, he has a good chance to win the Open, Federer is the best bar none!

Have you considered a career in the commentary box? :) They get paid a lot of money to travel the world, watch tennis and most importantly state the obvious.

wcr
09-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Sure Hewitt gets drilled by Federer, but who doesnt.

Dominik Hrbaty?

;)

I couldn't resist.

Turkeyballs Paco
09-07-2005, 07:28 PM

Yeah, but he had his chance at the AO... I hope Nalby can put up a good fight and give us a good match. :D