Federer bt. Kiefer 6-4 6-7 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer bt. Kiefer 6-4 6-7 6-3 6-4

Daniel
09-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Well done Roger. A little bit of trouble in the second set but at the end you won the match :bigclap: :D :banana: :aparty: :kiss::

gravity
09-06-2005, 11:15 PM
He must have taken a late siesta or something during the second set. Oh well, thank god Nalbandian is gonna kick his ass in the next round. :p

asotgod
09-06-2005, 11:15 PM
It was classy of him to remind the crowd about Kiefer on his exit. that's why he is loved by other players.

asotgod
09-06-2005, 11:16 PM
I am persuaded he wil step it up to take out Nalbandian. He wants to play the guy.

LLeytonRules
09-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Roger really got away with one here, again if he doesnt come out smoking, he will lose, how about throwing in your first serves!

rofe
09-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Scratchy match but still pulled out a win thanks to Kiefer not converting the big points.

Good game Roger (with a little help from Kiefer).

Corey Feldman
Kiefer gave roger his usual struggle..
Now Nalbandian next, who's beaten him in the 1998 Junior final and 2003 fourth round

Shabazza
It was classy of him to remind the crowd about Kiefer on his exit. that's why he is loved by other players.
yep :)
good fight of Roger after the 2nd, but he has to raise his game for the next match, with Nalby most likely waiting for him

rofe
09-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Roger really got away with one here, again if he doesnt come out smoking, he will lose, how about throwing in your first serves!

You keep saying that and keep seeing him win. :rolleyes:

Neely
09-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Again missed opportunities in the third set. Kiwi would have needed to break on one of these two break points he had before Federer broke him. Match decisive situation. Federer's serve was much better and he got very many first serves in. Federer hit the lines, Kiefer not. For sure a blown opportunity to win the third set, always the same story. At Wimbledon it was the fourth set.

oneandonlyhsn
09-06-2005, 11:21 PM

It must be the day, Rusty played shit, Dom was just shittier :lol:

LLeytonRules
09-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Hey Rofem how about critizing Federer, geez, its obsvious he didnt play well!

Neely
09-06-2005, 11:22 PM
He must have taken a late siesta or something during the second set.
I would more say that Kiefer took his siesta in the middle of the third set.

rofe
09-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Hey Rofem how about critizing Federer, geez, its obsvious he didnt play well!

I did, see my post earlier. I actually think he is lucky that Kiefer chokes at key moments. What I was pointing out is that he doesn't need to come out smoking to win a match. Even at Wimbly, he only came out smoking in the finals. Upto that point he just played enough to win.

nermo
09-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Weww, that was a tough match,Federer missed his serve and backhands especially in the second set in which he were somewhere else and i felt with this terrible expression on face, that he was struggling against sleeping or crying or so.. :mad: he kind of found his shots in the middle of the third set..that was when things improved.. :angel:
and any ways, good credits for Kiefer , i expected that to be tough, but he was greater than usual and, he didn't lose hope until the very late moments..

1sun
09-06-2005, 11:36 PM
poor first 2 sets from both, especialy roger
both played better in the third, more so roger, same in the 4th
roger raised his game when he needed to and i am very happy about that. that makes him so good.
im confident about him beating nabs and hopefuly he will
wel done roger and good luck for the next round

JMG
09-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Kiefer's game was all in all disappointing, especially backhand and too many volley ue's. It sucks more and more, his game is back, but the result aren't coming. We had a time when he lost tons of Grand-Slam quarterfinals, now a GS-QF would be something special. So I think it would be wrong to call it a good tournament, that's not enough for a player like him. :(

megadeth
09-07-2005, 12:04 AM
question: what does kiefer have that makes him consistently take a set from fed?

adee-gee
09-07-2005, 12:15 AM
question: what does kiefer have that makes him consistently take a set from fed?

A high ball toss ;)

*see thread 'A rather odd, but possibly valid point about Federer.....'

adee-gee
09-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Federer was there for the beating today, shoddy display. Unfortunately Kiefer was unable to take advantage.

flyingmachine
09-07-2005, 01:03 AM
It seems to be the case. Kiefer also did that at Wimblendon too. Don't know why but Kiefer always trouble Federer I know he play not as well this time than when he was in Wimblendon but somehow Kiefer is knowing something about Roger's game. Anyway, I hope Roger will playing better next time.

Doris Loeffel
09-07-2005, 01:17 AM
Roger Roger where were you during the first two sets?? Where was your mind, your determination your confidence?? Just as well you found it after that bh cc with which you saved a bp in the third!! Great you pulled it out once again!!

But please please during your next match be a 150 % ready from the very first point on!! Be it David/e who you play!! (it's not sure yet that your next opponent will be Nalby as he lost the first set.....)

Federerhingis
09-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Again missed opportunities in the third set. Kiwi would have needed to break on one of these two break points he had before Federer broke him. Match decisive situation. Federer's serve was much better and he got very many first serves in. Federer hit the lines, Kiefer not. For sure a blown opportunity to win the third set, always the same story. At Wimbledon it was the fourth set.

Did you see how many break opportunities Fed had, it was ridiculous. Had he converted on any of those earlier on the match would have not lasted beyond 2 hours. However, those 133mph bombs by Kiefer were always impressive.

Fergie
09-07-2005, 01:21 AM
The next match should be better for Rogi ;)