JONAS BJORKMAN [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

JONAS BJORKMAN

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Russian Terminator
08-03-2003, 02:43 AM
Jonas Bjorkman is a star!

Ones in 1997 Jonas gave Sampars and everyone else a hard time. He is considered as Swedens Davis Cup hero and a fighter. Now he is back and doing well in singles again, reaching the quarters of Wimbledon. I think he will be a big threat on the hard courts of North America. Playing doubles aswell as always and this made me respect him. Jonas should known as a good player.

GO JONAS! :D

Kristen
10-11-2003, 08:49 AM
You know, I almost let this message slip, but I figured that Jonas is my favourite after all, so I should post a message! I've only seen Jonas play live ONCE!! (poor me!) at the davis cup vs aus, in 2001 september 21,22,23 . I guess I should be lucky that my favourite played every day! It's his attitude that has won him my respect. Good humour, but serious when he needs to be.

Just wanted to show my support for Jonas :o)
Best wishes to Jonas, Petra and little Max ^_^
Kristen

Kristen
01-08-2004, 01:29 AM
Nice effort in Doha yesterday! Phwoar, will this man stop amazing me ;) Hope not ^_^
Kom igen Jonas, best of luck against Calleri.

star
01-08-2004, 01:30 AM
Jonas! He did very well.

:bigclap:

Kristen
01-12-2004, 09:52 AM
kom igen bjosse! 63, 63 (i think!?) over Lopez/Costa!!! I was there *sigh* sitting in a wheelchair spot...with my flag out for the world to see. lol best of luck against rochus/ullyett.

Kristen
01-12-2004, 09:54 AM
ohh and bjorkman vs paradorn at 7.30ish tomorrow night! Gonna be there! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! (calms down) Fingers crossed moya and paradorn are jetlagged tomorrow :D

Ma. Estefania
01-12-2004, 06:08 PM
What a cute pic! :)

Kristen
01-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Their second round (mixed) match was appalling. Daniela forgot how to serve in the second...Jonas couldnt get any first serves in. *erases match from memory*

star
02-08-2004, 01:45 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jonas was the Davis Cup HERO!!!!!! :woohoo:

I love it when he does this.... The Brysomething Step.

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_2631_gallery.JPG

star
02-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Triumphant Jonas!

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_2636_gallery.JPG

star
02-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Jonas always has something special for the fans.

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_2635_gallery.JPG

star
02-08-2004, 01:51 PM
onas Bjorkman was the spearhead for Sweden, delivering the crucial third point by defeating Mark Philippoussis 75 62 62 in 1 hour 44 minutes.

Going into the final day Sweden led 2-1 after Bjorkman and Joachim Johansson had teamed together to win the doubles rubber over Wayne Arthurs and Todd Woodbridge. Never in the last decade has Sweden failed to win a tie after leading 2-1 going into the final day and today's victory marked the ninth time they have won from a 2-1 advantage.

"It is a big upset - I don't think we have ever won in Australia," said Bjorkman. "To beat a winning team is never easy, to beat the champions from last year, with two great singles players and a very solid doubles team.

"You always hope to win but I never really though we could do it. You always hope and try your best. I knew we had to do something really, really good to come through, so it's definitely a big upset for us, yeah."

This weekend belonged to Bjorkman. The 32-year-old played tennis like a 22-year-old. He was all over the place and in every situation, waiting, poised and eager to pounce on any opportunity that came close to his racquet.

He came in as a replacement for Robin Soderling in the reverse singles. Mats Wilander had told him the night before to be ready but that any decision would be made on Sunday morning. After a practice session Wilander was left in no doubt about Bjorkman's place on the court. Soderling had suffered with foot blisters on the first day, and felt the pressure of Davis Cup. Bjorkman was pumped.

Three wily customers, Bjorkman, Wilander and the Swedish coach Joakim Nystrom hatched a plan to unsettle the Aussies.

Bjorkman started a touch tentative in his first service game but managed to save break points. It became the only time in the match that he faced break points as he kept building momentum. He got the first set by breaking Philippoussis in the eleventh game when the Australian double faulted and then held serve for the set.

Philippoussis was finding it difficult to match Bjorkman's returns. The Swede was playing his returns to all parts of the court. He broke the Australian in the third and fifth games of the second set and one got the feeling that Bjorkman was not going to be headed. Then, midway through the third set, Philippoussis became embroiled in a disputed line call and he had a running battle with the chair umpire Javier Moreno about the linesman.

The frustration grew and grew as Philippoussis slammed his racquet on to the court in disgust hoping to "let the frustrations out and it could have done me some good", but he was not able to penetrate the Swede's armour. Bjorkman won the match with a forehand drop volley, putting Sweden into the Davis Cup quarterfinals.

"It feels like a twilight zone," said Philippoussis. "There was the doubles situation, chances to be a double break up but there were let cords the other guys' way. It was unfortunately an interesting weekend.

"Jonas played pretty solid. I think he was still on a high from the doubles, came out still fired up from that and continued on.

"There is pressure every time you go out for Davis Cup. Obviously it's good to go out 2-1 up but there's pressure every time and I approached that match the same as I did the one in Melbourne but it didn't work out."

Ma. Estefania
02-08-2004, 08:34 PM
:bigclap: for Jonas :bigclap:

Kristen
02-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Jonas always has something special for the fans.

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_2635_gallery.JPG

Kom igen!
See the swedish flag/blue shirt in the top left corner? Thats me! Im an idiot for not moving closer! Was too busy clapping. Will add the url to my online album when im back from wheelchair tennis. Best of luck to Niclas Larsson!

Kristen.

star
02-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Oh my gosh!!!

When I posted the picture, I sort of thought in a foolish way....... I wonder if one of those is Bjoerkman Girl? But then thought I was being silly.

So tell us ALL about it! Was it absolutely thrilling? And what was Jonas doing in that picture?

But I would have been the same as you, I would have hung back.

Did you have pom poms too? ;)

Ma. Estefania
02-09-2004, 04:58 PM
:lol: Bjorkman_girl

Action Jackson
02-11-2004, 02:11 AM
BG doesn't need the poms poms.

star
02-27-2004, 12:35 AM
:woohoo:

Jonas!!!! Great win today!!. :)

Kristen
02-27-2004, 03:30 AM
Now he plays Rosset :eek:
The way this guys playing lately.. im a little concerned! lol...
kom igen!

star
02-28-2004, 12:23 AM
:woohoo:

Jonas!!!!!!

:yippee:

Robin!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen
02-29-2004, 01:36 AM
ol..in some way im kinda glad it was dominik that jonas lost to. He's a good guy, in top form...
ah well... kom igen robin!

Ma. Estefania
02-29-2004, 02:40 AM
Too bad Jonas lost today :o

Kristen
03-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Photos from Indian Wells. I've never seen any this great!

star
03-14-2004, 05:16 AM
oh grrrrrrrrr.

I recognize that place!!! That's where they said Jonas was signing autographs, and I went over there and waited 20 minutes for him to show... which meant he was 30 minutes late! And finally I left because I wanted to see tennis matches and not stand in some line. Glad to see he finally showed up!!

And he won today easily over Levy. After the match, his coach had him stay on the court and practice his serve. I've not seen anything like that before.

Kristen
03-15-2004, 01:35 AM
lol!!! Gary kept him on court, that sounds a bit like after school detention!

star
03-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Jonas seemed to take it in good part.

It didn't help him against Arthurs though. :sad:

Jonas did look wonderful on the court against Arthurs. He looks so elegant in that Adidas grey shirt with the black and white trim and the white shorts. I like the Adidas outfits much more in person than I do in the picutres or on TV. All the Adidas guys look good.

Kristen
03-22-2004, 10:17 AM
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

32 now eh... its all good. 2 more years Jonas, please honour your commitment! LOL

Ma. Estefania
03-22-2004, 04:08 PM
Happy Birthday, Jonas. :)

star
03-30-2004, 01:06 PM
I did not know it was Jonas's birthday! :)

Here's his very nice interview, and I hope everyone got to see his behind the back shot.

JONAS BJORKMAN

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. A lot of people are probably looking at this match as a Davis Cup preview. Would it be fair to say both players weren't thinking much about Davis Cup, they were thinking about the title here at Key Biscayne?

JONAS BJORKMAN: Yeah (smiling). When you go into a tournament like this, you don't even care about what's the next week, sort of. You're here to play this tournament.

And then once you're done playing this one, then you can start thinking about the next one. I think if any player starts to look ahead, then they're probably not doing really good in the tournaments.

Q. Very tight match tonight. Your volley let you down a bit in the break game in the third set.

JONAS BJORKMAN: I wouldn't say that. That was some pretty good shots as well. I didn't miss too many volleys out there. The ones I missed in the last game were pretty tough ones that I had to make.

I had a few opportunities early on in that set, and didn't take that. It's got to be one or two crucial points in a match like this. It didn't go my way; it went his way.

Q. Why do you return Andy's serve so well?

JONAS BJORKMAN: Well, it took me two matches before I did. I think I was struggling a lot in Wimbledon and also in Paris indoors. But then the last two matches, that I won in Doha, I returned really well, and I think today I did as well.

So maybe I learned a bit from the two losses I had before, and I've been taking a step back from my normal position, where I normally return from, and that's sort of been helping me to get the ball in play a lot more.

Q. His backhand has improved a lot. Are you seeing him hitting less inside-out forehands as a result?

JONAS BJORKMAN: It's hard to say. I would say the guys who play him also make sure that he doesn't get the chance to play a lot of inside-out forehands.

Q. That's his money shot.

JONAS BJORKMAN: Yeah, but you also have to get around and have time to do it.

I would say it's not a weakness, but the Spanish guys is more used to do that. They maybe get around a little bit better than he does, because they're used to do that all the time.

For Andy, he doesn't really need it because he's got a better backhand maybe than some of those guys.

So I would say it's a tough situation there, but I think everyone who plays Andy makes sure that he doesn't get the chance to get around and hit it. If he does, then you make sure that the next one gets to the other side.

Q. Seemed like he had time to do that a lot tonight and chose the backhand.

JONAS BJORKMAN: Yeah... I'm not sure. I think maybe he was scared of my game (smiling).

No, it's, you know, you have to ask him. I think he knows better than anyone does, you know, what he thinks about that situation, if he's comfortable or not.

Q. Did you think it was there for the taking tonight, that you really had a chance - obviously, getting to a third set? How beatable was he tonight, I guess is what I'm asking.

JONAS BJORKMAN: Oh, he was very beatable. I think every time I step on a court, doesn't matter who I'm facing, I always know that everyone is beatable.

So, you know, after beating him last time in Doha, I definitely felt that I have a perfect game to beat him.

So I think the game sort of went on really good after. Been a little unlucky in the first game of the first set. Then I played really good and I had a few chances early on in the third. And if I could have made those shots, it would have been a different story.

But he managed to serve well at the right time in the end there.

Q. The shot behind the back, should we call that a forehand, backhand? How do we describe that?

JONAS BJORKMAN: Yeah, that's probably a forehand, but I will say that's probably the first one in my life I managed to do that.

Q. Is that in the "Don't-Try-This-at-Home" category?

JONAS BJORKMAN: Yeah, more or less. I think it's more easy to twist an ankle than make it.

Q. What kind of a grip did you use on that shot?

JONAS BJORKMAN: There was probably a forehand grip. Then I sort of had to sort of turn it around for almost like a backhand grip.

But it went quick. I don't even -- was sure how I hit it, actually. It was more like a reaction shot. I was actually seeing that it was gonna go up the line too early. That's one in a million to make that.

Q. Are you thinking, "I've got to win this point after hitting that shot"?

JONAS BJORKMAN: It looks better if you win it than not. Of course after hitting a shot like that, of course you want to win the point. It felt better winning it that way.

Just too bad that I didn't get the next one in play, because I think that is momentum that you can actually use of having things turning around. But he sort of went for his second serve and then made a good first serve off the bat, so I couldn't do that.

Q. If you had won this match and then a week from now showed up in Delray Beach and you had beaten Andy twice this year...

JONAS BJORKMAN: You like Davis Cup, huh (smiling)?

Q. Would you have a psychological advantage going into the Davis Cup? Do you believe in psychological advantages?

JONAS BJORKMAN: It could be sometimes, yes. But I would say when it gets to Davis Cup, even if you been winning two, three matches in a row against a guy, it's home advantage, it's so many different things that actually makes Davis Cup so special. That's why you see so many upsets.

So maybe it would help in a way, but I already beat him once this year. I know when I get to Davis Cup that I have a chance. I'm playing that good right now that I know that I will do everything I can to do that.

And, you know, it wouldn't be in a situation that I will feel more comfortable going into Davis Cup. Against the No. 2 in the world, even if you beat him two times in a row, it's still a new game. It's a new match. You just have to go and show up, who's gonna be the best for that day.

Q. Can you play three matches in three days, best-of-five?

JONAS BJORKMAN: If you look at the stats, you have the answer (smiling).

I think I showed that several times in Davis Cup, that I'm fit enough, strong enough and mentally tough to do that. I've done it so many times in Davis Cup before, so I'm not scared to do that. I love playing Davis Cup. It's just a great event to be part of. I love playing for my country. It takes a lot for me to step aside if I get the opportunity like that to play three matches. But it's all up to Mats.

Q. What's Mats like to play for?

JONAS BJORKMAN: He's awesome. It's great fun to have both Mats and Joachim, I should say, around. The experience they have, they've been two great players - one Hall of Fame and one not far off. To have the opportunity to learn a lot from how they played and how they handled different situations, it's great to have them around.

Q. As you were growing up, was it still Bjorn Borg for you, or did Mats slip in there?

JONAS BJORKMAN: I'm getting old, but I'm glad to say I was not old enough to see Bjorn. I've seen more later on, all his matches in Wimbledon, Paris, stuff like that. For me, Mats was the biggest one since he came from my city as well. I played in the same tennis club.

So when I was young, Mats was sort of the big idol. And then Stefan sort of came along and I had the same sort of game and I was following Edberg a little bit more.

Q. Has he invited you out to his home yet?

JONAS BJORKMAN: No, I'm very disappointed. He hasn't done that yet (smiling).

Q. He's got his own hockey rink.

JONAS BJORKMAN: Yeah, I know. But he needs to improve because the coaches lost last year to the players and he didn't show up. He needs to do a lot of work going into that match in December again.

Aleksa's Laydee
04-01-2004, 02:42 PM
thats a good interview.
jonas is so great i met him at wimbledon last year and the year before
p.s those pics of him are really good :):)

Kristen
04-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Hi mardyfishfan!
Great to have you here :) I like your taste in tennis players! Sure, Mardy drives me insane sometimes, and he's so passionate on court I can barely watch (which Im sure you can understand why! LOL) but he's such a nice guy eh :) Anyway, hope Jonas can get the title this week! I think they're playing Knowles/Nestor in the semis!

Kristen

Aleksa's Laydee
04-03-2004, 12:36 PM
hey kristen, siobhan here!
yeh the final is:
Men's Doubles Final
2. Wayne Black/Kevin Ullyett [8]
vs
Jonas Bjorkman/Todd Woodbridge

Come on jonas and todd!!!!!!!!! :D :D :bounce: :bounce: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Kristen
04-04-2004, 03:02 AM
argh! black / ullyett won 62, 76(14-12!!!!)
they're still consistent with tiebreaks :)

Aleksa's Laydee
04-04-2004, 11:44 AM
oh no :eek: :sad: :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
04-10-2004, 09:41 AM
yay well done JONAS :D J.BJORKMAN (SWE) def. M.FISH (poor mardy) (USA)
4-6 6-3 6-2 7-5
woo hoo !!! *good luck in your doubles* please win :D goooo sweden

Kristen
04-10-2004, 10:04 AM
I really feel for you! My friend was in a similar position with scud in february...she doesnt like hewitt and really wanted mark to win so it wouldnt look like he failled his country/fans... Probably why I'm so happy Jonas got an early win in this tie... I don't mind if he loses his other match/es... he put in a top effort already :)

Aleksa's Laydee
04-10-2004, 06:53 PM
thats exactly how i feel for mardy, cldnt give a toss if andy and the bryans lost (please lose :D) but a win for mardy. He's playing thomas next too :( what am i going to do hehe

Ma. Estefania
04-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Bravo Jonas :clap2:

Aleksa's Laydee
04-17-2004, 08:16 PM
in monte carlo its mardy v jonas :sad: again!!!! :rolleyes:

Aleksa's Laydee
05-03-2004, 06:47 PM
jonas v federer tomorow at rome
:sad: :sad: :sad: best of luck :cool:

Kristen
05-04-2004, 07:16 AM
:tears: Seeya Jonas!!! lol :wavey:
I love the guy... but I'm seeing a Roger win here :rolleyes: with a fight.
Doubles however is a different story. They'll meet Nenad/Arnaud (or opponents) in the second round. Go Jonas! :worship: And todd :sport:

PS Mardy fan... GREAT Avatar! ;)

misyou25
05-04-2004, 09:02 AM
hey bjorkman_girl: is that bjorkman under your name? looks good:)

Aleksa's Laydee
05-04-2004, 06:07 PM
bjorkman girl, i thought it was about time i had jonas on display :D mardy and jonas what a great combo ;)
anyway poor jonas he lost :( in singles not sure about doubles
goooo jonas and todd :D:D:D

btw misyou25 thats Jarkko N in bjorkmans av! :)

Kristen
05-06-2004, 12:18 PM
For your viewing pleasure:
4 of jarkko, 2 of jonas :)
GO SCANDINAVIANS! :D:D
Hopefull jarkko's wrist will get better soon :)

Ma. Estefania
05-06-2004, 10:26 PM
I love the 1st one of Jarkko :hearts:

Kristen
05-07-2004, 05:25 AM
I love the 1st one of Jarkko :hearts:
haha, me too! It's the photo I show people (who know nothing about tennis) when I want my female friends to come to a tournament with me! LOL!! there are other good ones like it, at his site (www.jarkkonieminen.net) :wavey:

Ma. Estefania
05-07-2004, 10:22 PM
:lol: What a good strategy :yeah:

Aleksa's Laydee
05-08-2004, 12:21 PM
hehe yeh, i may try that one ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
05-09-2004, 07:57 PM
well jonas was going to have to play JC Ferrero but now coz he pulled out its hewitt! i dont know whether to laugh or cry
goooooo jonas :D

Kristen
05-10-2004, 10:55 AM
haha I'nm laughing about it. I'm kinda known to friends for how much I dislike Hewitt (although I am beginning to tolerate him!), although I'd prefer Jonas vs Hewitt any day! (Then again, an injured jcf could be a good opponent for Jonas on Clay?! lol) Congrats to Mr. Moya for his win last night :worship:

Aleksa's Laydee
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
hewitt would be easier for jonas tho, i didnt think about that
so could be interesting match and hopefully a swedish win :D

Kristen
05-12-2004, 09:39 AM
WOOHOO!!! Thankyou Hewitt :)
Ok, ok, I know my least favourite player, has just beaten my Swedish God of Tennis / favourite - of - all - favourites, but at least I got to see plenty of footage of Jonas on tv :) It probably totalled to 30 seconds! Which is the most i'll see until:
a) he makes the QF if Wimbledon again, or
b) he returns to Australia in 2005!
Kom igen Jonas :wavey:

Aleksa's Laydee
05-16-2004, 12:23 PM
bjorkman and woodbridge lost in the semis to black and co :(
sooo close but yet so far... good luck for RG guys :D

Kristen
05-17-2004, 04:04 AM
hehe 62, 61... it was a dodgy result huh! :)
I've temporarily changed my avatar, since Jarkko's out, I figure I might as well make myself as Bjorkman-fannish as possible, so here's a pic of him, after he and Todd won the Aus Open (If I recall correctly!).

Kom igen!

Aleksa's Laydee
05-17-2004, 10:25 AM
hmmm still was so close :rolleyes: hmm okay maynot but i didnt know the score when i first posted :angel:

umm well anywayz ;) great av !!!! hehe

Kristen
05-21-2004, 12:22 PM
From JonasBjorkman (http://www.jonasbjorkman.com).com

2004-05-18
Paris, finally
I am heading for Paris on Thursday and hope to make some really good results in the French Open. I have played my best tennis ever on clay this year, but have faced some very tough draws. Lost to Hewitt and Federer in the first round in Rome and Hamburg, but it was really close matches. In the doubles, me and Todd Woodbridge made it to the semi finals in both tournaments. We are in good form and one of 5-6 couples with good chances to win the title in Paris. That would be great, since it is the only Grand Slam title we haven´t won yet. In the singles I should at least be able to make it to the third round - with a little kinder draw!

Jonas!

Aleksa's Laydee
05-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Men's Singles - First Round Section 1 2 3 4

Juan Carlos Ferrero ESP (4)
vs.
Tommy Haas GER

Jan Vacek CZE
vs.
Igor Andreev RUS

Olivier Rochus BEL
vs.
David Ferrer ESP

Julien Benneteau FRA
vs.
Max Mirnyi BLR (29)

Jonas Bjorkman SWE (24)
vs.
Taylor Dent USA

Kenneth Carlsen DEN
vs.
Thomas Enqvist SWE

Guillermo Canas ARG
vs.
Gaston Gaudio ARG

Antony Dupuis FRA
vs.
Jiri Novak CZE (14)

Lleyton Hewitt AUS (12)
vs.
Arnaud Di Pasquale FRA

Jurgen Melzer AUT
vs.
Wayne Ferreira RSA

Victor Hanescu ROM
vs.
Jean-Rene Lisnard FRA

Julien Boutter FRA
vs.
Martin Verkerk NED (19)

Albert Costa ESP (26)
vs.
Flavio Saretta BRA

Christophe Rochus BEL
vs.
Qualifier

Qualifier
vs.
Qualifier

Xavier Malisse BEL
vs.
Rainer Schuettler GER (7)

jonas's draw, if thomas and jonas get through they have to play each other :( *crys*
but apart from that not a bad draw is it?

Kristen
05-22-2004, 02:59 AM
Men's Singles - First Round Section 1 2 3 4

Jonas Bjorkman SWE (24) vs. Taylor Dent USA

Kenneth Carlsen DEN vs. Thomas Enqvist SWE

Jurgen Melzer AUT vs. Wayne Ferreira RSA

jonas's draw, if thomas and jonas get through they have to play each other :( *crys*but apart from that not a bad draw is it?

Yeah, I like the draw. Jonas was right, he should be able to get to round three, now that he has a decent draw :D *I'm probably underestimating Taylor Dent, but it's just because I know Jonas is good ;)!*

POOR Wayne! Go Jurgen!

Aleksa's Laydee
05-25-2004, 01:52 PM
jonas def talyor dent 6-3 2-6 6-3 3-6 6-2 wahooooooooooooooo :worship: :bounce: :bowdown: :hearts: :bigclap: :clap2: :woohoo: :yippee: :yeah: :rocker2: :banana:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/netcam/imagepages/4/024.html
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/netcam/imagepages/4/022.html
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/netcam/imagepages/4/020.html
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/netcam/imagepages/4/023.html

Kristen
05-25-2004, 02:08 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:
The guy scared the hell out of me. I think I'll go and have a word to him via his guestbook ;) I'm glad he managed to come back in the end :) :hug: to Jonas!

Aleksa's Laydee
05-28-2004, 04:56 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: jonas lost to thomas :sad: :sad: :sad:

well played tho thomas ;)

Kristen
05-31-2004, 06:52 AM
From JonasBjorkman.com, a letter from Jonas to fans, in his guestbook.

Hej!
Jag möter Taylor Dent i Franska Öppna i morgon. Enkel match! Känner mig i bra form och banorna känns bra - inget att klaga på alls, bara att köra hårt. Vore kul att möta Thomas Enqvist i andra omgången.
I will play Taylor Dent tomorrow in the French Open. Easy! I am in good form and the courts are fast enough. It would be great to meet Thomas Enqvist in the second round.
Andras - det vänder nu!
Lisle - good luck!
Camilla - mejla din adress till info@jonasbjorkman. com ska jag försöka fixa det!
"Ett stort fan" - ledsen för det: mejla gärna igen.
Kristen - I know, but Taylor Dent in the first round in Paris is, supposedly, a little bit better. Todd and I intend to play the whole year.
Big Boy - The Iron ska ges mot Dent!
Anne and nancy - Swede´s are just loveable...! See you in Båstad?
Patrik och Ulrika, Fredrik, Krister - Det är, såklart, jag som ska tacka!

Vi hörs, Jonas

Malisse and Rochus, Belgium, def. Bjorkman/Woodbridge (2), 6-2, 6-4.
*all will be forgiven if Xavier can defeat Hewitt :)
MIXED:
r1-Daniela Hantuchova / Todd Woodbridge df Casanova/suk 76(5), 64
r2-Hantuchova/Woodbridge df Testud / Visner 61, 64
Jonas isn't playing.

enqvistfan
05-31-2004, 09:11 AM
I was a bit sad when Jonas and Thomas had to play against each other in the second round of Roland-Garros. I have to say thank you to Jonas who told us at his first practrice where he and Thomas were supposed to practrice. Then, I think he saw us with our flag supporting Thomas but I'm sure he didn't care about it cause he knew how Thomas needed our support. The match was great to watch and I kept excellent memories. We met Australian fans of Jonas, and we had fun supporting our Swedes. Sorry, that with Todd they lost in the doubles. Good luck for the grass season Jonas !!!

Valérie

Aleksa's Laydee
06-01-2004, 10:07 AM
why is the letter in different languages?? lol

Kristen
06-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Because he was replying to swedish and english speaking people :) The considerate thing ^_^
Kristen.

Aleksa's Laydee
06-05-2004, 01:54 PM
ahh ok thats cool of him!

well anyway as of the 7th june jonas is the new no.1 doubles player in the world

:woohoo: :woohoo: :yippee: :yippee: :yeah: :yeah: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bowdown: :bowdown: :clap2: :clap2: :bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :hearts: :worship:

Kristen
06-06-2004, 05:44 AM
I tried to post this yesterday but my ass of a computer wouldn't cooperate :rolleyes:
From JonasBjorkman.com:

Another one bites the grass
Clay is not my best surface, but the French Open still felt somewhat
like a disappointment. I hoped to go a little bit further than the
second round in the singles and the last 16 in the doubles. But I
felt surprisingly tired, and then you just don´t make it further than
that. So I took a few days off in Paris, just relaxing and having fun
together with my family, at Euro-Disney with Max for instance. Now I
am focusing on Halle, Nottingham, Wimbledon and grass. I will not
bite the dust this time!

Jonas!

Aleksa's Laydee
06-07-2004, 10:05 PM
yay !!! great thinking there jonas

unfortunatley u have marat in the first round of halle and mardy in doubles too :( bad draw
but best of luck!!!

Aleksa's Laydee
06-08-2004, 06:11 PM
SAFIN 2 7 6
BJORKMAN 6 6 7 !!!!!!!! HE WON!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: i new it i am so happy :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Aleksa's Laydee
06-08-2004, 06:32 PM
i have an idea.. shall we ask to get a forum for jonas? no swedish guy has a forum and nearly every other country has a player with a forum :(

Kristen
06-09-2004, 01:21 AM
Yeah, we might as well ask for a forum... #1 doubles player in the world (but for how long!), consistent top 50 in singles... Awesome avatar by the way :D
I woke up this morning with an sms from my friend saying Jonas had won:angel:

Bjorkman sends Safin packing after marathon match
Sweden´s Jonas Bjorkman needed 145 minutes to post a dramatic overtime victory over fifth seed Marat Safin (picture) from Russia. Bjorkman, after wasting three match points in the second and saving one in the third, ultimately grabbed a tight 6-2, 6-7 (3), 7-6 (4) win.

After dominating the first set 6-2, Bjorkman cruised to another 5-4 lead when he squandered three match points to allow Safin back into the match. The Russian´s serve would hold, though, and he fired three great returns to gain his first break for a 6-5 lead. However, Bjorkman immediately returned the favour – just to find himself stumbling in the tie-break again.

In a hard-fought third set, there were no break points prior to the tenth game but Safin prevailed again. Bjorkman, down 6-5 and serving, then saved one match point before wrapping up the issue in the tiebreak, where he came back from a 3-1 deficit to clinch a 7-4 win. "It´s very frustrating to lose like this," Safin said afterwards. "It was a lottery in the end and he made some great shots as well as the big points."

"I´m no fan of grass and I´m not enjoying it," he added.Bjorkman was
"pleased to beat such a quality player in my first match on grass."

Kristen
06-09-2004, 02:03 AM
2004-06-09
Great start on grass
I have been in Halle, Germany, since Wednesday, practising on the grass courts, and I feel in great form! Today I beat Marat Safin in a close match, 6-2, 6-7, 7-6, for the fourth time in a row. In the second round I will face Nicolas Kiefer of Germany who has reached the final both 2002 and 2003. Not easy, but inspiring, and I am excited to see how far I can go. I also have the doubles title from 2003 with Todd Woodbridge to defend.
(From JonasBjorkman.com)

misyou25
06-09-2004, 06:05 AM
ok:) make a forum:)

Aleksa's Laydee
06-09-2004, 10:21 PM
doh! todd and jonas lost v mardy and pavel in straight sets :(

Aleksa's Laydee
06-13-2004, 10:33 AM
3rd seed j/b plays a qualifier in the 1st round of the nottingham open and then the winner of solderling/ferrer in the second round

goooo jonas

Aleksa's Laydee
06-14-2004, 09:08 PM
omg hes such a sweet heart hehe

ahhh jonas... i met him btw :D

Kristen
06-15-2004, 03:41 AM
Woohoo!!!
what did you say to him!? He has a new racquet i think... I miss the 6.1...

Aleksa's Laydee
06-15-2004, 03:09 PM
hes has a new racket bag, the white one looks great... he got hit hard during the match but took it bravely and didnt flinch lol.. *hero* hehe

Aleksa's Laydee
06-16-2004, 12:39 PM
jonas, jonas, jonas :crying2: :crying2:

Kristen
06-17-2004, 04:57 AM
ah well...at least it was to Robin :) Robin's been playing like crap lately :( But whyyy did he have to pick up his game now!? lol ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
06-17-2004, 07:47 AM
god knows, lets hope he keeps it up and wins his next match :) at least theres one swede still in and one brit too ;)

Björki
06-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Wimbledon draw:

Jonas vs Sluiter - imho not easy
Th.Johansson vs Kiefer
Söderling vs Schüttler
Envist vs Blnaco

Peta Pan
06-17-2004, 11:10 AM
HELLO! :wavey:

Just thought I'd stick my head in this little part of the forum. Yes, I know Kristen, you probably think I've been neglecting Jonas of late... but I still love him really :)

I can't believe Robin beat him... he is a better player than Robin! Nottingham is usually such a good tournament for Jonas too :(

:)Peta

Sommarsverige
06-17-2004, 11:23 AM
I was also very surprised that Jonas lost to Robin.
Really hope Robin will also play as good in the next round.

Lycka till Jonas i Wimbledon!!!!!

Kristen
06-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Hmm...a white racquet bag... will be hard to keep clean ;)
It'll look awesome at Wimbledon though!

Aleksa's Laydee
06-17-2004, 01:19 PM
oooh wimbie draw, okay for tompa, hardish for jonas :(

Aleksa's Laydee
06-18-2004, 04:00 PM
:bowdown: :couple: :rocker2: :yeah:

Kristen
06-22-2004, 04:08 AM
Jonas df Sluiter 5-7, 6-1, 7-5, 6-1 :worship:
Here are some pics from the webcam / getty

Björki
06-22-2004, 05:53 AM
well done Bjösse :D
Thx for the pics BG. :)

Sommarsverige
06-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Grattis Bjösse!

Great victory. Björki, did you expect that he wins so easy???

Björki
06-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Sommersverige: It wasn't that easy IMHO. He lost one set and one set was close.
However he won!!!!!!!! :) :)

MissPovaFan
06-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Well done Jonas! Not an unexpected win I must say but well done anyway - he now faces Yen-Hsun Lu in the Second Round.

Aleksa's Laydee
06-22-2004, 08:09 PM
goooooooooooooo bjosse tomo (if the rain stays away)

Björki
06-29-2004, 02:19 PM
come on björkbridge. :D
some netcam pics...

Aleksa's Laydee
06-30-2004, 01:55 PM
ahhh great pics....they are into the semis!!! yay go bjork/bridge!!!!!

Kristen
07-03-2004, 02:11 AM
:wavey: 3 diary entries from June 29 & a guestbook entry.
Thriller 1
Sweden - Holland, quarter final in the European football championships, what a drama! Holland was the slightly better team at first, but Sweden owned the extra time. I was sure that Sweden was going to win the penalties when Ljungberg hit the ball in the cross bar, down on van der Sar and into the goal, and Holland´s Cocu missed the following penalty. But instead... a sudden death that nobody can be blamed for. Sweden had a great attitude through the whole tournament - thank you for those two weeks of optimistic, attacking games!

Thriller 2
My match against fellow Swede "Pim-Pim" Johansson in Wimbledon´s third round was also a thriller. I had 4-2 in the second set tie break, and 6-5 and set point in the third set tie break, but lost 7-6 (7-5), 6-7 (5-7), 6-7 (6-8), 3-6 in a very close match. "Pim-Pim" served better than ever - 38 aces! 20 of them I didn´t touch. But still, if I had won the third set it would have been a completely different match, and I had a very good draw with a big chance to
reach the semi final against Roger Federer. The serve counts too, but this was a frustrating defeat, and I didn´t sleep well that night...

Title no. 3
Hopefully, I will not go back to Båstad, Sweden, until Monday. If so, it means that we, Todd Woodbridge and I, have defended our doubles title in Wimbledon, and won our third consecutive victory. That would be a very big thing. As I write this, we are in the third round. Jonas!
=====
Letter in his guestbook to his fans:

Hi!
I have been occupied with two thrillers the last few days. To start with, Sweden - Holland, quarter final in the European football championships. Holland was the slightly better team at first, but Sweden owned the extra time. I was sure that Sweden was going to win the penalties when Ljungberg hit the ball in the cross bar, down on van der Sar and into the goal, and Holland´s Cocu missed the following penalty. But instead... a sudden death that nobody can be blamed for. Sweden had a great attitude through the whole tournament - thank you for those two weeks of optimistic, attacking
games!
The other thriller was my game against fellow Swede "Pim-Pim" Johansson in Wimbledon´s third round. I had 4-2 in the second set tie break, and 6-5 and set point in the third set tie break, but lost 3-1 in a very close match. "Pim-Pim" served better than ever - 38 aces! But still, if I had won the third set it would have been a completely different match, and I had a very good draw with a big chance to reach the semi final against Roger Federer. A frustrating defeat, and I didn´t sleep well that night...

Kristen - Hi! You´re very observant. I have changed from Wilson 6.1 to Wilson Ncode, which gives me a little bit more of both speed and control.

Thank you all for your support, and talk to you soon!
Jonas

Aleksa's Laydee
07-03-2004, 03:05 PM
yay jonas :worship:

Gentlemen's Doubles - Semis
Jonas Bjorkman (SWE)[1] Todd Woodbridge (AUS)[1]
def. Wayne Arthurs (AUS)[7] Paul Hanley (AUS)[7] 7-5 7-5 7-6(4)
:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
into the final for a third year running!!!

Björki
07-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Hope they will the final tomorrow.
I believe this is Todds last Wimblledon :(

Come on guys. :banana:

Aleksa's Laydee
07-04-2004, 10:24 AM
oh no bjorki how do u know that :crying2: todd :crying2:

Björki
07-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Björkfish: talked to Todd few times. I hope he will change his mind. however I think he will retire after this year. :(

Aleksa's Laydee
07-04-2004, 01:55 PM
:crying2: todd

well on a brighter note, they are 2-1 up in sets!!

Aleksa's Laydee
07-04-2004, 03:51 PM
they won!!!!
Jonas Bjorkman (SWE)[1] Todd Woodbridge (AUS)[1]
def. Julian Knowle (AUT)[16]Nenad Zimonjic (SCG)[16] 6-1 6-4 4-6 6-4

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Aleksa's Laydee
07-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Todd Woodbridge of Australia set a championship record at Wimbledon today by winning the doubles title for a ninth time.

On No.1 Court, Woodbridge and partner Jonas Bjorkman of Sweden, the top seeds, beat 16th seeded Julian Knowle of Austria and Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia 6-1, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 in two hours and 17 minutes to win the title for a third year in succession .

Woodbridge's victory came after winning six titles previously with Mark Woodforde and gives him a status in the game that may never be challenged.

Previously he had been tied with the Doherty brothers, Laurie and Reggie, on eight titles - the Dohertys having had their last success in the final in 1905. This was Woodbridge's 10th final - the same as Laurie Doherty but one short of Reggie Doherty.

Woodbridge signified the value of the achievement today by holding up five fingers on one hand and four on the other at the end of the final. He had played a major part in the victory and the honour of serving out for the title had fallen to him. Woodbridge and Bjorkman had two match points. On the first, Woodbridge made an error on the backhand off the service return but made no mistake with the second with a service winner. The champions received their trophies in a ceremony on court.

Bjorkman and Woodbridge took the opening set in only 20 minutes and their victory looked a foregone conclusion. When they stretched the lead to two sets to love after 54 minutes, the final seemed likely to be over very quickly.

Knowle and Zimonjic, playing in their first Grand Slam doubles final, were competing in only their sixth tournament. They had played in a Grand Slam tournament only once before.

But even though history and experience counted against Knowle and Zimonjic, they fought back in the third set and took Bjorkman's serve in the second game. Bjorkman and Woodbridge broke back on Zimonjic's serve but in the 10th game Bjorkman dropped serve to give the set to the opposition.

There was only one set point when Woodbridge made a volley error and Knowle followed up with a winning backhand.

In the fourth set, Knowle was the first under pressure when he double faulted to go three break points down. Two were saved but a Woodbridge volley took the Knowle service. But in the next game Bjorkman dropped serve after a volley from Zimonjic produced a break point. Then Bjorkman missed a volley.

Bjorkman and Woodbridge missed a break point on Knowle's serve at 3-3 but broke Zimonjic to lead 5-4. Woodbridge gained the only break point with a cross-court forehand and then Zimonjic missed a backhand off the service return to lose the game.

History then beckoned for Woodbridge as he served out for the match and that record title.

Björki
07-04-2004, 09:46 PM
T. Woodbridge / J. Bjorkman Interview
Sunday, July 4, 2004

THE MODERATOR: First question for the doubles champions, please.

Q. No champagne for you yet, Todd.

TODD WOODBRIDGE: I did have a little bit of a sip, but I had to hold back (smiling).

Q. How does it feel to have the record?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Great. You've got to play mind games with yourself the whole time leading into it. You've asked me coming in the last couple days what I thought about it. I knew it was possible. But you have to stay so focused about getting the job at hand done.

I felt like once we got through the semis, I was confident about today. I thought that was going to be our hardest match. I am really pleased, I think, to get through today. It was a great performance. I feel like I played one of my best matches, you know, that I've played. I know JB played as well with me.

Q. A lot of sportsmen say they don't worry about records. You're obviously very excited about this.

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Yeah, I think for me Wimbledon is the greatest tennis event that we play. It was my dream as a kid to be able to just play here. So to be able to say that I've won more of this particular event, the doubles event, than anyone in the history of tennis, uhm, geez, I'm proud of that performance.

Q. So is that it, Todd? You've done it, that's it?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: He says no (smiling). He says I've got to go again.

Q. What do you say?

JONAS BJORKMAN: Imagine 10.

Q. 20?

JONAS BJORKMAN: Exactly.

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Right now my game's good enough to keep playing, so I should think about playing, because (inaudible) long time retired. I'm certainly not retiring today.

Q. Have you had a word with your good buddy Mr. Woodforde?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: He's been up. Saw him on the lawn. He's always one of the first guys there to say well done. Now he just has come and shakes his head at me (laughter). Didn't say anything, just shook his head, says, "It's amazing."

Q. Did you think about it for a whole year coming into it? Is it in your head?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: No.

Q. You don't keep it up front?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: No. To be honest, no. I start thinking about it once I get to here. The beauty, though, of it is that I've never come here and felt nervous about trying to retain a title or defend it. I've always had the attitude of trying to win it again. I think that's been the best psychology lesson I've ever had. You just go out and you go after it.

Everybody else is nervous about winning a Wimbledon title for the first time, and I don't have to worry about that. I can just go out and play.

Q. What is it that makes JB such a good partner?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Well, I think you've got to give him a lot of credit for keeping me out here, because I've several times thought about sort of maybe hanging it up, and he says no. And I think I play my best at these events, and it's the regular weeks where I struggle at times. That's where he works hard at me to keep working, practicing, training, and keeping positive.

That's his greatest strength, is his ability to stay positive and keep on working hard and playing. You know, he's only a year younger than me, and he's still 25 in the world in singles. That's his great strength.

Q. Jonas, will you comment on Todd. I just asked him. Statistically he is the best in the history of men's tennis in doubles. He won't claim it. Where does he fit in? How do you feel? Can you comment on that?

JONAS BJORKMAN: I think he is the greatest because if you break all the records that you can break, that prove your position to be the greatest.

Obviously, you have different ‑ what do you say ‑ decades that different type of players. John McEnroe was a fantastic doubles player. But Todd broke his records, as well. And I think, you know, the way Todd play doubles, he makes it very I should say different because he's very smart out there. He plays tennis tactically well, especially in doubles.

He knows where to put the volleys, because trying to get the opponents the lower percentage shot. That's what doubles is about, you know. It's not about power; it's about to play smart and use the tactics. We got the perfect example here.

He maybe doesn't have the hardest shots out there, but he's a shot‑maker, and that's because of skills of talent of where to put the ball.

Q. Todd, when you used to come, you look at records. It just looks like, "Gee, he did that easy." That's probably the way a lot of people will look at it. Obviously it's not like that. What I'm trying to say is, has the game become easier as far as tactical goes? Do you think you're playing better tennis now?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Some of my shots are better than they have been sort of 10 years ago. I certainly serve way better. This whole tournament, you know, sometimes the serve gives me trouble, but this whole tournament I served as well as I ever have.

JONAS BJORKMAN: The best, yeah.

TODD WOODBRIDGE: And I think my backhand's better than it was when I was younger. But they don't come easy. I mean, we have to look back into the third round here, and we were down 4‑3, a break in the third, in the best‑of‑three set match and got out of that match 9‑7.

So throughout these titles I've won, there's usually one match in the tournament that we've had to find a way to get through. I think that's ‑‑ you know, people tend to get that. It certainly hasn't come easy. There's always a moment you've had to get through.

Q. Obviously the desire is still there. You get to a tournament like this, can you taste it?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: This is it. These are the things you want to do. Even when you come here, and the tournament's not on, I came here to practice before the French Open on the clay courts that you can't see under tents, you know, I'm already thinking about ‑‑ I'm hitting on a clay court, and the grass court was next to me. I was sort of a little focused more on the green than the red.

I get to this place, any Grand Slam really, and my level of concentration and play rises.

Q. Hard to focus on the mixed if you actually get on?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Yeah, a little bit. I'm going to take good form in there and know that I'm timing the ball well. Really just go for it, go out, go after it, try to win another one. Momentum's a great thing to have on your side.

Q. You gave it nine fingers today afterwards.

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Yeah, I had to sort of count.

Q. Seen yourself doing that before?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: No. It wasn't something that I planned or anything like that. It was sort of to my wife, you know, because we've talked about those sorts of ‑‑ you know, winning numbers, that sort of thing. Nine, it's crazy.

Q. Great shot to put on the wall, isn't it?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Yeah.

Q. Jonas, the Bryans recently have been saying that your buddy here is the best doubles player of all times. Others counter and say John McEnroe is. I presume you would go with your friend here as the best of all time. What would your case be for him being the best vis‑a‑vis John?

JONAS BJORKMAN: Well, obviously I only played McEnroe once. At that time I couldn't see tennis on TV as much, especially not doubles. I could never really tell, you know, how good he was.

But you can tell on how many titles a guy has been winning. In this situation, I think Todd has, breaking all the records that's possible to beat. That puts him in the category of being the best doubles player ever in the history.

Q. Aside from the numbers, what makes him such a spectacular and successful?

JONAS BJORKMAN: That was a question before.

The way he plays doubles is different, I would say, because some is using the power. Todd has power, but he's using ‑‑ he's trying to find a way to play the best shot to the opponents and give them a less percentage chance to sort of hit it back. And he's very tactically very good. He knows what to do, when to hit type of shots out on the court.

That is sort of different than some other doubles players who maybe go more for power, hitting the ball hard. But he's working the ball and trying to play it, you know, sort of the way the ball comes to him. You know, he's not only ‑‑ like, for example, a backhand slice lob, there's not too many that has that shot these days. But Todd has that one because that's a shot that he has been managing to practice probably a lot.

And I think the lob sometimes is a shot that maybe not enough players are using. That's an example of what he does well ‑ you know, he comes up with these different type of shots.

Q. Todd, in this era of power, does it give you particular satisfaction that you're so successful without having those power strokes or that size?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Yeah, it is very satisfying. But it also says a lot about using your brain, as well. About, you know, ways to negate powerful players is to put them in positions where they can't use their power. You keep the ball low or you get it up high, those types of things. So it's about the skills of being able to put the balls in those positions.

If you're talking about McEnroe, he was one of those guys. He put it in, he'd drop it at guys' feet, he wouldn't rip it. He made them have to think about what shot, not just giving them something they could hit full bore every time.

It would be interesting, though, if Mack played the left court and I played the right court.

Q. Do you think you'd be pretty unbeatable as a team?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: Well, I had a pretty good left‑hander in Mark Woodforde on my team, who won the US Open with John McEnroe. He said he was pretty good. It would have been fun to at least find out and see what it would have been like.

Q. I think McEnroe would answer this question on who is the best dubs players of all time. Put you on the spot, what do you think? How do you think you do stack up against John?

TODD WOODBRIDGE: I think I stack up pretty well. And I think the difference would be that he played on the left and I played on the right. There you go (smiling).

But I don't know. I think it's wrong for me to say if I'm the greatest. My record says a lot, and I'm proud of that. I'm the best that's played in the '90s and to date.

Björki
07-05-2004, 07:11 AM
few photos of Jonas and Todd :)

Aleksa's Laydee
07-05-2004, 04:42 PM
aaaaw so cute, that was a fab match to watch :yeah: bjorkbridge rock

Kristen
07-06-2004, 06:08 AM
lol Bjorki, I'm glad to see that other people have been totally confused by todd over the last year or so. I've often heard that he wants to retire, that Jonas and Petra had to talk him into staying in the game... also that he wants one more Davis Cup / Olympics etc. The guy needs to make a press release ASAP! The good news for me after this wimbledon is, There will be a Todd (Jonas) article in Aus Tennis Magazine next month :D

Björki
07-06-2004, 06:45 AM
from Jonas homepage:

2004-06-29 - Three straight in Wimbledon

6-1, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 against Julian Knowle and Nenad Zimonjic in the final yesterday means that Todd Woodbridge and I have won Wimbledon three years in a row. That feels very, very good! I am the only Swede with three titles. I have 35 titles in total. But above all, Todd is the one that should be celebrated. He now has nine (1) Wimbledon titles (and 81 in total), and beat a 100 year old record yesterday. Todd simply is the through all times. Yesterday we where on fire from the start, playing almost perfectly for almost three sets. We play at our best in the big and decisive matches, never get nervous about that we have to defend something, just see it as a challence to win another title. Now I will go back home to Båstad and Swedish Open, where I will play together with Mahesh Bhupathi. We have played together just once before, and lost in the first round in Hong Kong. But we will do well. After all, nothing can go wrong in Båstad...

@Bjorkman_Girl - I really hope I am wrong about Todd! :)
where do you know about the Aussie mag? I will get it too :D

Kristen
07-06-2004, 07:20 AM
There's just a little part in the current tennis magazine that says next issue (July 14) will be a 'comprehensive guide to the most majestic Grand Slam of all' with a pictorial special, which can only mean Todd...and Jonas :D WOOHOO! I'll be visiting the newsagency on July 14th!

Kristen
07-06-2004, 03:10 PM
From his website:

CALL JONAS!
During the Båstad tournamnet, you as a supporter can call Jonas Björkman directly and ask clever questions about tennis. Maybe which victory that means the most to him, which court is the hardest to play on, or if it isn´t time now to manage more than 90 kilos in bench press?

You can call Jonas on Wednesday July 7 10.00-10.30, and Friday July 9
10.00-10.30.

The number to call is: +46 70 - 964 53 30
Thanks Vodafone and Sony Ericsson.
:wavey:
Time conversion:
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Björki
07-09-2004, 10:12 AM
anyone called him? I tried but there was only a female voice....
I don't understand Swedish :D

Aleksa's Laydee
07-09-2004, 01:06 PM
no, wasn't sure how much it costs and i don't understand swedish either! where are u from bjorki?

Björki
07-13-2004, 11:33 AM
björkfish I am from Germany. :D

Aleksa's Laydee
07-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Doubles Final: (swedish open)
(1)Bjorkman-Bhuphati d. Aspelin-Perry 46 76(2) 76(6)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Kristen
07-19-2004, 04:41 AM
Nah, didn't call him. I just left my question in his guestbook instead ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
07-25-2004, 11:40 AM
jonas faces novak in the 1st round of toronto...good luck

Aleksa's Laydee
07-28-2004, 07:26 PM
J. Bjorkman 7 6 0
J. Novak 5 7 6

what a shocker in the 3rd set, i hope hes not injured :crying2:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Good Luck today jonas v ...... (the guy i share my bday with :lol: )

Kristen
08-03-2004, 10:44 AM
From Jonas' website (August 2nd 2004)
Back on court
After a week off in Stockholm, following the tournament in Båstad in
the south of Sweden, I was back on court in Toronto last week. With a
good result. Together with Max Mirnyi I reached the doubles final,
where we lost 6-4, 6-2 to Bhupathi and Paes. Also great to see:
Thomas Johansson is back in form again after a long and troubled
period with injuries. In Toronto he reached the semi final and gave
Federer a tough match.
====
====
From the guestbook on his site, where he communicates with the fans c/- Björki:
Just left Toronto where I reached the doubles final with Max Mirnyi,
which I am happy with considering that we haven´t played much
together, and that I took some time off after Båstad.

Siobhan, Katherine, Debbie, Kristen, Peggy - Thank you so much for
your support! I always try my best not to disappoint you...

Debbie - I´ll be there!

Anne - You really should try to go to Båstad if you ever get the
oppurtunity. The atmosphere is great. But my sun dance didn´t really
help, did it...?

Kristen - As long as I feel in such a good shape as I do now, I will
play. In other words, you will never get rid of me...

Everybody, thank´s for your strong support, and talk to you soon!
Jonas

Aleksa's Laydee
08-03-2004, 05:54 PM
:D he mentioned me :D

I feel so touched :lol: lots of :kiss:'s to jonas

Aleksa's Laydee
08-03-2004, 08:57 PM
YAY!!! after scaring the hell outta me, jonas won 2-6 6-2 6-1!!!!!!

Björki
08-04-2004, 05:37 AM
well done Bjösse.

he will play today 11 am against Hrbaty.
Kom igen Jonas.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-04-2004, 09:06 AM
KOM IGEN JONAS!!! make it easier purlllllease ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
08-04-2004, 01:11 PM
:lol: kristen posted ^^ on page 8 :)

Aleksa's Laydee
08-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Goooooooooooooo Bjosse
6-7 6-3 *5-2!!! serve it out :D :D :D

Aleksa's Laydee
08-04-2004, 09:38 PM
He won!!!! in 3 but he won!!!! 6-7 6-3 6-3 wahoooooooo i am sooooooo happy right now

Aleksa's Laydee
08-05-2004, 01:08 PM
aaaaahhhhhh possible jonas v greg in the quarters :scared:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-05-2004, 04:19 PM
jonas got COMPLETLEY toasted 6-0 6-3 by santoro....

Björki
08-06-2004, 06:30 AM
:crying2:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-06-2004, 09:55 AM
but hes in the 1/4's with woody :D

Aleksa's Laydee
08-07-2004, 06:40 PM
aren't they just the cutest :hearts: :worship:

Sommarsverige
08-08-2004, 07:26 PM
What a great pic, björkfish!
Thank you so much for posting it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was it at the Wimbledon dinner??

Aleksa's Laydee
08-08-2004, 07:46 PM
yeah before it in 2003

they lost today :mad: :mad: thats two weeks on the trot they'v lost in the final

Aleksa's Laydee
08-08-2004, 08:00 PM
3-6 6-2 3-6 i think :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-08-2004, 11:07 PM
looking at this pic makes me care less that they lost :lol: ;)

Kristen
08-09-2004, 12:54 AM
haha where are kyan, ted, carson, thom and jai when you need them!

gogo_guga
08-09-2004, 10:15 PM
I like Jonas' little Davis Cup dance :)

Kristen
08-10-2004, 02:58 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18837

there's that walk ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
08-10-2004, 10:19 AM
:banana: go jonas go go go jonas ;) we wanna c that dance again :angel:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Well someone hates me up there

Heres jonas's 1st round match at athens... Jonas v MARDY :sobbing: why??????? :sobbing:

Kristen
08-13-2004, 02:03 AM
I'm not sure what to think. I don't mind the match up because I know both are capable of beating each other. How's Mardy's back going these days? :wavey:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Hes doind rehab but its better, i think this will go to 3/5 sets :unsure:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-13-2004, 11:37 PM
OMG jonas looked FINE!!!!!!! :tape: at the opening ceremony :banana:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Jonas :sobbing: :sobbing: :hug: :hug: lost 7-6 1-0 ret..... injured..... :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kristen
08-16-2004, 06:05 AM
ATHENS 2004:The event saw its first retirement today when Jonas BJORKMAN (SWE) was forced to quit against Mardy FISH (USA). FISH was leading 7-6, 1-0 when the Swede had to throw in the towel, for the first time in his career, due to a pulled stomach muscle. BJORKMAN, the world doubles No. 1, will hope to recover in time to appear in the doubles event with Joachim JOHANSSON (SWE).

Sommarsverige
08-16-2004, 04:02 PM
So sorry that Jonas had to withdraw. He said today definitely that he will not
play doubles because of his injury.
I am in Båstad right now and they showed an interview with Jonas on SVT. Of course he was very, very sad, but nevertheless he could laugh a bit again.
Anyway, I am so ledsen for him, because I wanted him so much to win a medal!

gogo_guga
08-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Also, if you look at the Olympic Doubles Draw you will see that the Croats are already through to the second round. Too bad for Jonas, and for Pim Pim.
By the way, how do you pull your ab muscle playing tennis?

Aleksa's Laydee
08-16-2004, 07:52 PM
easy like venus did....when u serve!!

Jonas....:sobbing: :hug: :crying2:

Kristen
08-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Well...since there's no Jonas news I thought I'd post this picture of Jonas with his coach, in January this year. Gary's a south african :eek: ;)

Kristen
08-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Still no news... but if anyone wants to drop by Jonas guestbook (he reads it, and replies occasionally) you can visit: http://www.jonasbjorkman.com/gb/addentry.php
And hit lagg till or forhand.... when you've typed your message. "Rensa" is reset, basically!

Aleksa's Laydee
08-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Jonas is seeded 32nd (last seed place) in the US Open :yeah:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-25-2004, 10:11 PM
David Nalbandian ARG (8)v.Dennis van Scheppingen NED

Albert Montanes ESP v. Mikhail Youzhny RUS

Jeff Morrison USA v.Qualifier

Tomas Berdych CZE v. Jonas Bjorkman SWE (32)

Juan Ignacio Chela ARG (17) v. Qualifier

Wayne Odesnik USA v. David Sanchez ESP

Tommy Haas GER v. Davide Sanguinetti ITA

Olivier Patience FRA v. Sebastien Grosjean FRA(12)

Fernando Gonzalez CHI (14)v. Robin Soderling SWE

Nikolay Davydenko RUS v. Mark Philippoussis AUS

Karol Beck SVK v. Thierry Ascione FRA

Kristian Pless DEN v. Gustavo Kuerten BRA (20)

Feliciano Lopez ESP (30) v. Arnaud Di Pasquale FRA

Qualifier v. Julien Benneteau FRA

Hicham Arazi MAR v. Kenneth Carlsen DEN

Wayne Ferreira RSA v. Lleyton Hewitt AUS (4)

not bad except for the hewitt part :fiery:

Kristen
08-26-2004, 05:19 AM
I dont mind that draw! :D Sure, Tomas Berdych beat Roger, but that was a freaky 'Tournament'.

Here's the low-down on Jonas:::
Name: Jonas Lars Bjorkman (23 March 1972)
Grew up in: Alvesta
Lives: Monaco
Family: Married to Petra. Mum-Margaretha, Dad-Lars, sister-Maria.
Dream car: Ferrari
Drive at the moment: Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (can't complain! BG)
Prefers in free time: Play golf(handicap=8), read, go to the cinema, meet friends
Best movies: The Devil´s Advocate, Silence of the Lambs
Favorite restaurant: Manray in Paris and Tao in New York
Best TV-program: Friends or nature programmes
Best author: Henning Mankell and Liza Marklund
Music: Enya, Boney M, everything that swings
Football: Hammarby
Hockey: Leksand
Sports stars I admire: Bjorn Borg, Annika Sörenstam
Idols as a child: Yannick Noah, Stefan Edberg
Miss most when I travel: My friends
Pass the time when I travel: Backgammon, film. And sleep! I fall asleep at the drop of a hat.
Star sign: Aries
Eye colour: Blue
Favourite place: South Africa, Australia
Best holiday memory: Honeymoon with Petra, to South Africa on safari
What makes me happy: Practical jokes that work and surprising my wife and my friends
Afraid of: Snakes and sharks

Kristen
08-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Well well well... Looky here!
Opening Ceremony - Joachim, Joakim and Jonas ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-30-2004, 06:28 PM
who's this joakim fellow? is he the bald one, or the one in the top right corner? does he play a sport?

Aleksa's Laydee
08-30-2004, 09:36 PM
jonas and joachim :hearts:

Kristen
09-02-2004, 05:15 AM
who's this joakim fellow? is he the bald one, or the one in the top right corner? does he play a sport?
The cuter one, with hair. Top-right corner. He's a former pro, travels with the Swedish Davis Cup team. He won 13 singles titles in his career. Captains the Fed Cup team from Sweden. Here's a picture of him with Hanna Nooni.

PS Jonas is playing mixed doubles with Asa Svensson again! I sooo want pictures of this! The two of them look adorable on the tennis court! It's a great change from Jonas' usual type... Kournikova, Hantuchova etc. At least now the male fans at his matches wont jeer him and his partner :rolleyes: :wavey:

Kristen
09-02-2004, 03:07 PM
From jonasbjorkman.com (http://www.jonasbjorkman.com)
September 2
"The Darkness in Athens"
It took me a long time to get over the Olympic games. I was very,
very disappointed. I had been looking forward to, and preparing
carefully for that tournament the whole year. The atmosphere was
great, as my form. But all of a sudden it was over. Without any
chance to fight for it. I felt that something was wrong before my
first, and only, match, during the warm up. After the first set, I
couldn´t continue. Not even pain killers worked. A muscle between the
eleventh and twelfth rib was strained and I had to give up. The worst
thing was that Sweden lost a possible medal, and that Joachim
Johansson got dragged down with me, because we where supposed to play
the doubles.

"The Light in Athens"
Despite my poor result in Athens, there was a lot of positiveness.
The atmosphere was great, all the volunteers where very friendly and
did a fantastic job, the arrangements where perfect without queues or
waiting periods. Some thought before the games that the logistics
would not be that good. They were proven wrong. Well done!

"Rehab in Stockholm"
After the olympics, I went to Stockholm for rehabilitation, of both
mind and body. I have been treated with massage and electric pulses,
and haven´t been training at all for two weeks.
I am in New York for the US Open now, and I will play the young Czech
Tomas Berdych in the first round. Berdych beat Roger Federer in
Athens, so it is a tough draw. But in Athens he also lost to Taylor
Dent, who has an attacking game similar to mine.
I have lost speed and tempo because of my injury. I feel okay, no
pain, but I am not sure how I will manage a intensive match over five
sets.
In the doubles I will play together with Todd Woodbridge.

"I love New York"
Whatever happens in US Open - New York is fantastic. I went jogging
in Central Park the other day. My hotel is surrounded by security
people beecause of the republican convention. Every time I come to
NYC I am filled with this city´s sparkling, sizzling, and positive
energy. You can´t feel anything but happy and charged up here, and I
always get great support from the crowd at US Open. I will do
everything I can to live up to that!

Aleksa's Laydee
09-03-2004, 11:53 AM
:sobbing: Jonas...

Aleksa's Laydee
09-04-2004, 11:07 PM
JONAS AND ASA WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-6 6-0 7-6!!!!!!!!! defeating the no. 6 seeds ;)

JONAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :banana: :kiss:

Kristen
09-05-2004, 02:58 AM
wtf...They WON a tiebreaker!?
Who is this imposter, and what has he done with Jonas!? :lol:

Kristen
09-14-2004, 04:23 AM
From Jonas Website:;:;:

September 13th:The Guestbook
Hello again!

First of all: a huge thank you for all your e-mails, support and pep talk, above all after the debacle in Athens. That meant a lot.
It seems that I really scared you there for a while... but, no, despite that I was frustrated directly after my injury, I have no plans on retiring in bitterness and pick up gardening work or something instead! Sure, all my focus was on the olympics this year. Everything felt super, I was full of anticipation, and all of a sudden I couldn´t do anything else but give up, pack and go home. Also, the US Open is one of my favourite tournaments, and the same silly injury kept me from playing at my best. And as if that´s not enough, Hammarby, my favourite football team, is struggling in the Swedish premier league! It´s a mystery!
Enough is enough! This only makes even more fired up to do a great ending of the season, which I can bring with me when I start up my preparations for a superb 2005!

Talk to you soon! Jonas :wavey:

Yahoo, Johansson!
Great to see Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson´s break through in the US Open. He has always been serving like a horse kicks, but to that he has added a more controlled game and better returning this season. And he is self confident - nothing is impossible! - so I am convinced that he can advance even further. It is also good for Swedish tennis that one of us is playing well all the time, so that we get media coverage and can inspire others.
Mixed results in US Open
I was almost thrilled to be able to take a guy like Tomas Berdych to five sets in the US Open. I got tired in the fifth. But considering my injury, that made me rest completely for twelve days, I felt it was a strong achievement. I hit the ball perfectly, but I will get better physically, and in timing and evenness.
The doubles became a bit disappointing, though. We played nervously when we should kill our matches, and almost gave away our place in the final, considering that the draw didn´t look to intimidating.
Six weeks = recovered
The injury from Athens is still reminding me. Not a big problem, I am just a little bit sore. The doctors tells me that this kind of injury takes six weeks to heal. Right now, I am working on strengthen the muscles around the injured part.
Next stop Lyon
I have got three weeks to build up and get in shape again before the next tournament, indoors in Lyon. I will focus on fitness training this week, tennis next week and final adjustments the third week. My last two times in Lyon, I have reached the quarter final, and I am totally focused on finishing this season in great style.

________
Check out this photo (http://www.jirobkk.com/album/Topless_ATP_Players/Jonas_Bjorkman/view.asp?&aj=0&textloc=descriptions/&strpath=/album/Topless_ATP_Players/Jonas_Bjorkman/&imno=0)! I never noticed jonas' 6 pack :eek: I just assumed he was getting older and may not be showing it as well ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
09-14-2004, 04:00 PM
great posts from jonas :D :banana: bring on 2005 (wimbledon) and oh my...that pic :drool: :tape:

Kristen
09-17-2004, 04:39 AM
From an old interview with max mirnyi (row z tennis)
http://www.rowztennis.com/zinterview_03.html

RZT: You've played doubles with a variety of partners. Will you briefly describe what it's like playing doubles with the following players:

JONAS BJORKMAN
MM: Just being able to spend time with Jonas was a wonderful experience for me. Apart from his tennis talent, he is a world class athlete and great person. Nothing but positive energy out of that relationship.

Jexy
09-19-2004, 12:32 AM
go Jonas! :)

Canuck_Chick
09-20-2004, 03:38 AM
Yeah...Jonas is a cool guy. He played the doubles final in Toronto this year and he was practising in the morning with Mirnyi on Centre Court. It was just me and a few other people there and he seemed to like this Janet Jackson song that was playing over the stereo. He kept dancing to it :lol:

Anyway...that's my "cool Jonas" story lol :yeah:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-24-2004, 02:59 PM
this is the cutest picture EVER!! since i'm a fan of Andre Sa, and he's hugging a swede! they're both so cute!

Björki
09-24-2004, 04:10 PM
lovely pic. :)

Aleksa's Laydee
09-24-2004, 05:37 PM
ok i gonna cry :sobbing: thats the best pic EVER!!! :D

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-24-2004, 05:59 PM
i think it really shows how friendly all the tennis players are... even when they put the countries against one another. it truly is nice to see these people getting along so well! it's expected that they have good relationships with their compatriots, but this shows that they go the extra mile and make friends with everyone--even during davis cup, when they might be against the other country (in this case, Sweden vs. Brazil, though i'm not sure if they actually played against one another)

Kristen
09-25-2004, 02:02 AM
Yep, we beat Brazil 3-2 last year to avoid relegation. Thank goodness. We went into the third day down 1-2! This was the tie before Australia played Sweden in Malmo; when those annoying Australians beat Sweden ;) There's also an adorable photo of Guga and Vinci :) That was when I first noticed who the coffeeman was (Flavio Saretta) :D

Sommarsverige
09-25-2004, 01:43 PM
It´s really a great pic, I love that one, too!

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-26-2004, 09:36 PM
is there a pic of Flavio as a coffeeman? if there is, i want to see it (even though it has nothing to do with Sweden) cause i like Flavio Saretta (enough to have started a yahoo group for him)

Kristen
09-27-2004, 02:07 AM
hehe nope... I just think "Flavio Saretta" sounds like an exotic brand of coffee ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-27-2004, 02:20 PM
ah, i see! hehe

Kristen
10-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Upcoming Tournaments
October
4/10 Lyon
11/10 Kremlin Cup
18/10 Madrid
25/10 Stockholm Open

November
1/11 Paris
8/11 (Tennis Masters Cup)

Björki
10-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Stockholm :) :banana:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-01-2004, 08:37 PM
In the 1st round of Lyon Jonas has....Albert Costa

CMON JOnas win this one!!

Aleksa's Laydee
10-02-2004, 06:38 PM
and hes playing doubles with mr radek stepanek ;)

He's taken your advise Kristen, to play with the beautiful radek :haha: :haha: :haha:

Canuck_Chick
10-02-2004, 09:48 PM
jonas and radek are gonna play nadal and robrado 1st round of doubles...

Kristen
10-03-2004, 05:38 AM
and hes playing doubles with mr radek stepanek ;)

He's taken your advise Kristen, to play with the beautiful radek :haha: :haha: :haha:

In the words of Paris Hilton: "that's hot"
hehe Radek reminds me of an ex bf (the Villa fan, siobhan) except my ex had a smaller mouth :eek:

Go Björkanek << I like the sound of it! ;) :woohoo:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-03-2004, 11:05 AM
:haha: so thats y u like him so much ;)

Gosh thats a mouthful to say :lol:

Canuck_Chick
10-05-2004, 03:15 AM
YAY!! Jonas defeated Al Costa 6/7(5) 7/6(6) 6/4 :yeah:
ohhh...looks like a tough match....

star
10-05-2004, 03:26 AM
:yippee:

Kristen
10-05-2004, 03:38 AM
WTF!!! He won a tiebreak :sad: I'm so happy for him!!! :woohoo:
kom igen Jonas!!!!

Björki
10-05-2004, 05:26 AM
what a close match. congrats to Jonas :D

Sommarsverige
10-05-2004, 06:11 AM
Jonas :clap2:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-05-2004, 08:36 AM
WTF!!! He won a tiebreak :sad: I'm so happy for him!!! :woohoo:
kom igen Jonas!!!!

but he lost 1 too :rolleyes: :lol:

JONAs!! :woohoo: :banana: :rocker2:

Kristen
10-05-2004, 01:08 PM
:rolleyes: Jonas plays Max Mirnyi next.
This is the match up that always bothers me, because I know Max has got the capability to beat Jonas (though he's only done it once in eight meetings). I hope Jonas is on the ball in the match :yeah: Good luck to him :wavey:

Björki
10-05-2004, 01:22 PM
JB will beat him again :banana:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-05-2004, 03:17 PM
JB will beat him again :banana:

Oh i really REALLY hope so :yeah:

Sommarsverige
10-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Good luck Bjösse!

Canuck_Chick
10-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Good luck Jonas!!!!! :yippee:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Jonas plays after Joachim today....goooooooooooooooooooo BJOSSE :banana: :rocker2: beat him :)

Kristen
10-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Siobhan... I dunno if you checked it recently, but Lisle posted just after you in JB's guestbook :lol: I know I whinge that I cant read the majority of posts, because they're in Swedish...but I think I'd have more luck trying to read a Swedish post :tape:

I wanna go to Dollywood :scratch:
***I'll never get tired of her posts tho. I wonder if she's ever met her!? Oh, and I got a reply from the JB.com webmaster! Finally! Will explain when I'm on msn later on... Giving Dad the internet for a while ;)***

Aleksa's Laydee
10-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Siobhan... I dunno if you checked it recently, but Lisle posted just after you in JB's guestbook :lol: I know I whinge that I cant read the majority of posts, because they're in Swedish...but I think I'd have more luck trying to read a Swedish post :tape:

I wanna go to Dollywood :scratch:
***I'll never get tired of her posts tho. I wonder if she's ever met her!? Oh, and I got a reply from the JB.com webmaster! Finally! Will explain when I'm on msn later on... Giving Dad the internet for a while ;)***

Okily dokily...I'll be on msn around 4pm my time ;) if not tonight see you tomorrow night on it :yeah:

*runs to check JB's book :)*

CMON JONAS....6-7 to miryni aaahhh

Aleksa's Laydee
10-06-2004, 01:50 PM
JONAS 6-7 6-7 :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: ....

OK i take that back!!! JONAS YOU ROCK!!!!!

:bigclap: :clap2: :bolt: :bounce: :kiss: :drool: :woohoo: :yippee: :yeah: :hug: :rocker2: :banana:

sol
10-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Well done, Jonas! :D :yeah:

Kristen
10-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Oops... we were misinformed.

Jonas df Max 67 76 64 (he came back from 1-4!!! :tape: :dance: :dance: :kiss: :hug: )

Björki
10-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Jonas :woohoo:
:kiss:

star
10-06-2004, 07:03 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Man oh man!! I didn;t think there was anyway he could win when he was down 1-4, but :yippee: Jonas!!! FIVE straight games against a guy with a HUGE serve!

(But I like Max too. He's a great guy.)

Aleksa's Laydee
10-06-2004, 07:08 PM
on the web site it says that joasn won 6/7 7/6 7/6 :confused: wonder which score :scratch:

Canuck_Chick
10-06-2004, 07:59 PM
atp website says:

J Bjorkman (SWE) d (Q)M Mirnyi (BLR) 67(3) 76(5) 64

NICE WIN JONAS!!! :woohoo:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-06-2004, 09:30 PM
ah well he won, thats the main thing and best thing !! Wonder how he did in the doubles :scratch:

MissPovaFan
10-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Despite the fact I was supporting Max Mirnyi I must say well done to Jonas :)

Aleksa's Laydee
10-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Damnit...the saggie curse continues ;)

LOPEZ / SARGSIAN vs BJORKMAN / STEPANEK 4/6 6/3 6/2

Björki
10-07-2004, 09:09 AM
what the players said:

Bjorkman: "I'm very happy. The year hasn't been going the way I wanted it to. I'm glad it's turning around a bit, I kept fighting in both matches and never gave up and it sort of paid off in the end so I'm really pleased with the good start after taking a little break since the US Open."

On Swedish tennis: "It's great. We had a lot of problems with injuries of a lot of guys. Now every one is on their way back, we have Vinciguerra and Norman just starting again now so it looks like the whole squad is back playing again and now everyone is playing well. We have nearly five guys in the top 50 again and Pim-Pim [Joachim Johansson] with a massive performance to be close to top 10 so it definitely inspires us to keep doing better."

Kristen
10-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Thanks for posting that Björki! Great to hear him so positive about everything :)

Aleksa's Laydee
10-07-2004, 09:57 AM
aaww bless...keep it up swedes :D

Kristen
10-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Siobhan... another post in the guestbook. Lisle's gonna ask santa for something for christmas, and I seriously hope she asks that Jonas gets his form back! But... maybe it will be cheddar cheese? I'm not too sure what that comment meant actually. You'll get the drift...

Aleksa's Laydee
10-07-2004, 12:37 PM
:haha: omg shes weird, its like ages till xmas...i really wanna know who she is :lol:

Björki
10-07-2004, 01:06 PM
:haha: omg shes weird, its like ages till xmas...i really wanna know who she is :lol:

are u sure it's a SHE?

Kristen
10-07-2004, 01:17 PM
:scratch: Björki raises a good point! :eek: "Leslie" is a guys name as well...so.... and remember, 'her' friends were gonna take 'her' to hooters on 'her' birthday :tape: Im so confused right now... lol

Aleksa's Laydee
10-07-2004, 03:22 PM
:scared: dont confuse me....damnit im confused now...*runs to check out her entry*

Aleksa's Laydee
10-07-2004, 08:48 PM
followed by (not before 18h15)
Ferrer (Esp) vs. Bjorkman (Swe)

Goooooooooooo Jonas you can do it :yeah: :hug:

Canuck_Chick
10-07-2004, 09:12 PM
C'mon Jonas!!! Get a win here!! :yeah:

Kristen
10-08-2004, 02:48 AM
Lyon Doubles:Jonas/Radek play Frantisek Cermak/Leos Friedl.
Those familiar with doubles ought to know of the capabilities of the Czechs. They should be able to expose some weaknesses in Jonas/Radek. Of course, I want Jonas to have a win here, but it won't surprise me if the other guys win. If it was Jonas/todd, I might feel better, but they also *almost* lost a match to Cermak/Friedl earlier in the year :-/

Björki
10-08-2004, 05:34 AM
Hope JB will beat Ferrer today.
Kom igen :banana:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-08-2004, 07:44 AM
Good Luck JONAS!!!

Kristen
10-08-2004, 07:55 AM
These feels like major deja vu. I keep coming here and Siobhan/jmg/canuck are all saying go jonas, over and over :lol: I mean, I usually only see us each post "go Jonas" once a week or so... and now he's in a QF and right into the doubles as well... bizarre! :woohoo:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-08-2004, 09:01 AM
i'm always go jonasing ;) :aparty:

star
10-08-2004, 01:11 PM
I'll join in the gojonasing! :)

Go Jonas!!

Sommarsverige
10-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Jonas is great!
Everything really seems to delevop the best for our Swedish guys ;-)

Aleksa's Laydee
10-08-2004, 09:28 PM
but he lost to ferrer 6-2 6-3...he was simply outplayed!

Björki
10-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Ferrer played very well.

Aleksa's Laydee
10-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Moscow Draw:

(1)SAFIN, Marat RUS vs. MIRNYI, Max BLR
STEPANEK, Radek CZE vs. LABADZE, Irakli GEO
(WC)GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS vs. SARGSIAN, Sargis ARM
Q vs. (8)DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS

(4)SPADEA, Vincent USA vs. ANDREEV, Igor RUS
PLESS, Kristian DEN vs. CARLSEN, Kenneth DEN
SANCHEZ, David ESP vs. BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE
Q vs. (5)YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS

(6)BERDYCH, Tomas CZE vs. (WC)KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
Q vs. BECK, Karol SVK
ELSENEER, Gilles BEL vs. Q
JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE vs. (3)HRBATY, Dominik SVK

(7)VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA vs. SODERLING, Robin SWE
KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO vs. RUSEDSKI, Greg GBR
SAULNIER, Cyril FRA vs. (WC)STOLIAROV, Andrei RUS
HERNYCH, Jan CZE vs. (2)JOHANSSON, Joachim SWE

KOM IGEN JONAS!!!! :D:D:D:D

Kristen
10-10-2004, 02:37 AM
Todd Woodbridge was just on Slam! (TV show hosted by josh eagle, sandon stolle and today - Andrew Florent). I want to congratulate all the Aussie players (and Paul Mcnamee) for being able to pronounce "Jonas Björkman" correctly! They were asking Todd if he was looking for a clone of Mark once he retired :retard:... Todd said no, there are no others like him around. He picked Jonas because he was the guy he most hated playing against, the one who would be athletic at the net, and could return serves well :lol: They also showed Todd's house :eek: OMG It's gorgeous!!

Kristen
10-10-2004, 04:12 AM
LOL I guess I'm the one that discusses Jonas' doubles feats :rolleyes:
Well... :eek: He and Radek defeated Cermak / Friedl!!!

"Andy Ram and Yoni Erlich eliminated India's Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi of Belarus, who are sixth in the ATP doubles race, with an impressive 6-7(3), 6-3, 6-4 win. Ram and Erlich are ranked 13th in the ATP race.

In the finals they will take on the Swedish/ Czech duo of Jonas Bjorkman and Radek Stepanek, who defeated Les Friedl and Frantisek Cermak, both from the Czech Republic, 4-6, 7-6(3), 6-4 in the second semifinal last night. "

Whoa! I love it when Jonas reaches a final without Todd :lol:
Go Boys!

Björki
10-10-2004, 08:00 AM
I prefer Jonas and Todd :D
Anyway hope Jonas/Radek will win the final :)

Aleksa's Laydee
10-10-2004, 09:36 AM
LOL I guess I'm the one that discusses Jonas' doubles feats :rolleyes:
Well... :eek: He and Radek defeated Cermak / Friedl!!!

"Andy Ram and Yoni Erlich eliminated India's Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi of Belarus, who are sixth in the ATP doubles race, with an impressive 6-7(3), 6-3, 6-4 win. Ram and Erlich are ranked 13th in the ATP race.

In the finals they will take on the Swedish/ Czech duo of Jonas Bjorkman and Radek Stepanek, who defeated Les Friedl and Frantisek Cermak, both from the Czech Republic, 4-6, 7-6(3), 6-4 in the second semifinal last night. "

Go Boys!

oo oo did not know that...the site is useless so i thought i'd wait untill some one posted the scores :lol:

anyway GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JONAS AND RADEK!!!!!!

Kristen
10-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Unfortunately:
Erlich/Ram df Bjorkman/Stepanek 7/6 6/2
ah well... Jonas got some points along the way :yeah:

Aleksa's Laydee
10-10-2004, 05:01 PM
:crying2:....ah well...chin up for the next tournie Jonas :yeah:

Chris-swede
10-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Go Boys!

Jonas was succesfull in doubles also before Todd, he had great partners in Jan Apell and Niklas Kulti before! He and Jan were masters winners some 10 years ago. :eek:

Björki
10-10-2004, 07:50 PM
@chris-swede
are u from sweden or Germany?

Kristen
10-11-2004, 04:40 AM
Jonas was succesfull in doubles also before Todd, he had great partners in Jan Apell and Niklas Kulti before! He and Jan were masters winners some 10 years ago. :eek:

Yes of course :)
All I mean, is that in Australia all I ever hear about is Todd Woodbridge :rolleyes:. Don't get me wrong, Todd is an amazing player. But he plays doubles, lol, and I wish they'd give Jonas a little more acknowledgement over here. Here's a cute photo I found from a random tennis photo site... Eltingh looks deleriously happy :woohoo: lol

Jexy
10-11-2004, 04:06 PM
lol.. if you've been to other parts of the swedish site you already know this, Ive connected the Kremlin Cup russian video page to my site, along with the translation on how to use it :p

http://www.geocities.com/sojexy/ (http://www.geocities.com/sojexy/)

Go SWEEDES GO! ;)

star
10-11-2004, 05:03 PM

Jonas did ok with Rafter too. ;)

Sommarsverige
10-12-2004, 06:06 AM
I have to say that I liked the time very much when Jonas
played with Jan Apell.
This was kind of a dream team for me!

Björki
10-12-2004, 07:00 AM
from Jonas homepage :)

2004-10-12
A good break
It was a good three week break before the tournament in Lyon. Two weeks of hard physical training, one week of intense tennis in excellent weather in Monte Carlo. I am not bothered by my injury from Athens at all when I am playing now, and I feel like I have been able to build up my form and physical status without stressing it. I am well prepared for the upcoming schedule which is quite hectic.

2004-10-12
I am back!
I am happy with my comeback in Lyon, after three weeks off the court. Reached the quarter final (where I lost to David Ferrer) and was able to turn several matches around and win. Good spirit, good fighting! radek Stepanek and I reached the final in the doubles, but lost it to Erlich and Ram, 6-7, 2-6. This week I am playing in Moscow. In the doubles together with Mahesh Bhupathi.

Kristen
10-12-2004, 07:14 AM
Thanks Björki!
And thanks for posting it in the Jonas Yahoo group! I can't tell you how great it is to see someone else posting something! :hug:

No wonder he has so many fans. He gets me really excited about his tennis :)
*Did you notice a certain post, about Dollywood and Cheddar Cheese has been removed from the guestbook?* ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
10-12-2004, 08:14 AM
Thanks Björki!
And thanks for posting it in the Jonas Yahoo group! I can't tell you how great it is to see someone else posting something! :hug:

No wonder he has so many fans. He gets me really excited about his tennis :)
*Did you notice a certain post, about Dollywood and Cheddar Cheese has been removed from the guestbook?* ;)

:haha: has it really

glad to see hes been posting ;)

Canuck_Chick
10-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Jonas did ok with Rafter too. ;)

:lol: that's gotta be one of my fav pairings :) :angel:

Kristen
10-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Jonas df Dirty... I mean David Sanchez 4-6, 6-1, 6-2

sol
10-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Well done, Jonas :yeah: :D

Sommarsverige
10-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Great work, Jonas!

Aleksa's Laydee
10-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Jonas df Dirty... I mean David Sanchez 4-6, 6-1, 6-2

YAY!!!!! :worship: :D :worship: :D :worship: :D :worship: :D

star
10-13-2004, 01:16 PM
:yippee: Björkman!!

Canuck_Chick
10-13-2004, 08:18 PM
WOOOOHOOO!!! :dance:
next up is Youzhny....good luck Jonas!!!

Aleksa's Laydee
10-14-2004, 03:34 PM
COME ON JONAS...pick it up!!!

Chris-swede
10-14-2004, 07:07 PM
...hoping for doubles and an "easy" 1st round for him in MAdrid next week!