No play for a while yet [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

No play for a while yet

Schetti
07-28-2002, 01:59 PM
I know it is only after 9 but the weather here is horrible, it is raining hard and it is very dark and I just heard thunder:eek:

I am supposed to be going today but I won't go to til the rain stops, because it is not worth hanging about in the rain, and it takes about an hour to get the courts dry, just enough time for me to get there.

You have been warned.

sandy
07-28-2002, 02:07 PM
I was planning to go today too but right now it looks like it will be several hours before there might be a chance of play, but it is early yet. Just saw forecast and they are predicting clearing and sunny for this afternoon and good (but hot) weather through Wednesday. Here's hoping they are right - I want to see lots of matches not wait out rain delays!!! At least I'm close to the Tennis Centre and can pop home in 15mins if weather turns bad.

Good luck to Harel Levy. Nice to see him back on tour. He did so well here in Toronto a couple of years ago and I'd like to see him get through to the main draw and win a couple of rounds!

Chloe le Bopper
07-28-2002, 02:23 PM
yeah I'm an hour or more outside of Toronto and thw weather blows.

I almost hope that we get a ton of rain delays, and somehow Ferrero and Enqvist play wendnesday :p

sandy
07-28-2002, 07:28 PM
It's beautiful now Rebecca.

Tough first rounder, Ferrero vs Enqvist. Here's how it can work out for you - if they have Monday off and are scheduled for Tues night but it rains (yeah) and it's moved to Wed 1pm. For sure if it's on the day schedule I'll check it out. Would make for an interesting 3rd rounder with Roddick.

Actually there are a ton of interesting 1st round matches in the bottom half and personally I'm really looking forward to seeing
James Blake. Can't wait until tomorrow:

Chela v Safin
Keurten v Pavel
Canas v Federer
Kafelnikov v Mirnyi
Sampras v Ferreira
Lapentti v Gaudio

Nothing but blue skies and clear sailing ahead...