Guys, do you think we're living the last slam of Dre ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Guys, do you think we're living the last slam of Dre ?

TheMightyFed
09-06-2005, 01:53 PM
It's tough to think that but this great run and the cortisone shots make me think it's his last slam... sad. Federer will be the only legend (in the making) of the tour afterwards... :sad:

Jimnik
09-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Nadal could be a legend.

skel1983
09-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I think the next match could opssibly be his last ever!!!

Obviously if Blake wins!!

Nikki♥
09-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Life will go on, even without him.

ys
09-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Nadal could be a legend.

Nadal will be lucky to be as great as Guga.. Nowhere close to a legend status.. The way he plays right now, he is a total, absolute slowcourter.. As soon as he is on fast stuff, he no longer looks like a top player any more..

And yes, it is likely to be Andre's last.. But maybe, just maybe, he'd go and play his most successful Slam once again.. It would be silly for him to stop before AO.. Playing French Open would indeed make no sense..

Shabazza
09-06-2005, 02:25 PM
And yes, it is likely to be Andre's last.. But maybe, just maybe, he'd go and play his most successful Slam once again.. It would be silly for him to stop before AO.. Playing French Open would indeed make no sense..
I agree, he should give it a shot at the AO next year - I don't think he retires after this years USO :)
as for the question, if this is his last USO - most likely yes

Choupi
09-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Considering this thread speaks about the player who made me discover all about tennis back in 1988...of course, there'll be a lack when he decides to retire. But I guess I'll survive. Mostly because he has accomplished so much and I'm thankful to him for making me live those emotions. But the show must go on...and others are waiting at the doorstep, and not only Federer.

TheMightyFed
09-06-2005, 02:31 PM
tennis players are not really sure about retiring timing. Sampras had a great final match but kept a kind of boring suspense going in 2003, in WTA Davenport says she plans to retire and goes back to number 1, and Agassi doesn't plan anything... that would be more fun if he said: OK, this is my last slam, or last tourney. Imagine the crowd and TV rates !! Thinking he might play his last game after 20 years and not knowing is stressing. Anyway, would he leave now at number 6 he would do almost as well as his wife, who retired when she was number 3... still ahead on every stat !!

RogiFan88
09-06-2005, 02:38 PM
most definitely not -- AA will play for another 35 years at least

Choupi
09-06-2005, 02:44 PM
It makes me think about sthg...André thanked the crowd in Montréal and said sthg like "see you in 2 years"...What did he have on his mind?

Mrs. B
09-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Toronto.

jenanun
09-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Nadal will be lucky to be as great as Guga.. Nowhere close to a legend status.. The way he plays right now, he is a total, absolute slowcourter.. As soon as he is on fast stuff, he no longer looks like a top player any more..

nadal can be a legend. he is only 19, people! he can still improve!!! who would have thought federer dominate mens tennis 5 years ago when he was 19?????
dont make assumption that early. he is still young...

and andre... i think it is very likely to be his last slam... i guess he wants to finish his career with a USO title, just like what pete has done... i really want to see him win, if he can win over blake, he will be in the final... but to beat federer??? :rolleyes:

joycomesmorning
09-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Andre is within 15 or so match wins at passing John McEnroe as #3 in all time match wins (Only Connors and Lendl ahead, I believe...and no one will EVER catch Connors inflated with gym-wins numbers)....

Agassi is scheduled to play in Europe in October...and I believe that he will catch Mac there...and then, the end might come...

But what beautiful memories...and yes, tennis will go on...but there isn't anyone who can really replace this very unique personality...

jcm

Action Jackson
09-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Agassi will still keep playing and will play doubles with Jaden Gill.

Shabazza
09-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Agassi will still keep playing and will play doubles with Jaden Gill.
playing doubles with JG will be no problem for him, cause there'll only be best of three TBs in Doubles

Jogy
09-06-2005, 03:19 PM
I think not last Slam for Agassi
only if he wins (but does not win I think)

I think he wants to retire at USO
I see him play a few rare tournaments in 2006 and then retire in US Open next year