... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Judio
09-06-2005, 07:05 AM

David Kenzie
09-06-2005, 07:40 AM
That's outrageous :banghead:
Are the "continental Eurosports" showing live semis ? If they are you can always get German Eurosport free on ASTRA.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
09-06-2005, 10:53 AM
:haha::p

hitchhiker
09-06-2005, 11:58 AM
poor british
not only cant they play sport. now they cant even watch it.

gooner88
09-06-2005, 12:31 PM
After tomorrow British Eurosport cant show any live matches
as Sky have the main rights

so guess what Sky have on Saturday :eek:

1700 - 1830 First Semi Final Only
2300 Highlights of Second Semi :eek: :eek:

After Blanket Coverage of the whole tournament we get let down at
the last minute

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jimnik
09-06-2005, 01:21 PM
That's ridiculous. 1700-1830 isn't even long enough to show the whole of the first semi. What do they need to show instead?

Yoel and co.
09-06-2005, 01:24 PM
:topic:

I don't have cables but am intending to go to friends to see Fedex-Kiwi today. What are the chances of it being on Eurosport? (I'm pretty sure it will be but want to make sure)

Jimnik
09-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Just discovered that coverage on Saturday is 1700-1930 and then they switch to Live Speedway.

skel1983
09-06-2005, 01:31 PM
:topic:

I don't have cables but am intending to go to friends to see Fedex-Kiwi today. What are the chances of it being on Eurosport? (I'm pretty sure it will be but want to make sure)

British Eurosport is a joke, it starts showing replays of games that have just finishes I.e Hewitt-Dent when there is live tennis going on, is this something to do with their rights because it doesn't make sense???

I wouldn't be suprised if it doesn't show Fed tonight.

skel1983
09-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Just discovered that coverage on Saturday is 1700-1930 and then they switch to Live Speedway.

Sky are a joke they monopolise all the top sport's and when there is a top event on that comes around once a year , they don't show it, how ironic, they have F*****g FOUR SPORTS CHANNELS FOR GOD SAKE!!!

They can't even show live coverage of a big event like this!!! an Utter joke

Jimnik
09-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Simple Answer

Show the tennis via the Red Button
Are they going to do that? It would be the first sensible decision Sky have made.

RogiFan88
09-06-2005, 02:17 PM
we Canadians don't get it either... I guess it's cos they anticipate it being Rogi vs. someone and who cares, right?

Puschkin
09-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Help!!

I am stuck in a London hotelroom, with all kind of TV programmes available, but Sky Sport 2 is missing and this is supposed to show the US Upen. What can I do to see ot, any other channels at least a summary or so?

revolution
09-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Bloody disgrace. It was bad enough that Wales-England wasn't allowed to be shown on terrestrial, not even highlights. Sky should be stopped from monopolising all sport.

Jenrios
09-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Totally Sucks!

jenanun
09-10-2005, 07:53 AM
noooooooooooooo! u r kidding right?

sky is crap! they always cut out some important match on weekend! i just cant believe they do that...

TheBoiledEgg
09-10-2005, 03:00 PM
who the fuck watches Speedway in the 1st place :rolleyes:

pffffffffff :fiery:

joeb_uk
09-10-2005, 06:47 PM
I have been missing all the tennis due to being away in malta! But i have watched some tennis (set of nalbandian davide, coria ginepri, sharapova clijsters). Luckily out here they have international eurosport, but its finding a bar that will open up late!
Would be really pissed though if this had happened to me while i was at home :mad:

king416
09-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Sky will not miss the Fed-Hewitt match, they will just change the schedule. They always do this i'm sure they will show both semis.

*EDIT* They actually aren't showing the fed-hewitt match live, thats just ridiculous, how could speedway get more viewers, what a kick in the teeth!

evanzo
09-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Guess again, the 2nd semi is not being shown on Sky live at all, not even via interactive.

Xmanfan
09-13-2005, 03:18 PM
i know I was soooo pissed off. Man I wrote them a letter of complaint. I'm sitting there with f**king Motorcycle grand prix boring the pants off me. And then boom I see at 11pm SKY Today. Uh oh. Then I think NO that can't be so. Then Petch starts commentating - second set. I'm thinking - they've missed the whole first set. I look at ceefax and the scores in the 4th set. ARRGHH. I cannot believe I knew the result before I saw the tennis on the tv. It was crap. It's crap they didn't mention this when the AA semi was on.

Another time I was watching a Safin match on Sky a couple of years ago, US Open again. Been watching the match for about 10 days (ok exaggeration - 5 hours maybe!) and then it got to a crucial match point in the tie break and boom, the line goes down cos the programme txc schedule says its time to end. For gods sake. Had to wait til the morning to find out who won. I was FUMING!

They're aload of shite - although I love Petch and Barry Cowan.

Jimnik
09-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Well it's annoying but at least they're showing a complete coverage of the matches rather than just highlights.

jtipson
09-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Sky are starting to annoy me. First by not showing the second USO semi-final, now this. I feel a complaining email coming on.

Xmanfan
09-16-2005, 09:25 AM
They just take the piss. And the amount of money we spend on subscription. Look at the reply they sent me when I complained about the 2nd semi of the US Open being showed retrospectively 4 hours later!:

Thanks for your e-mail about the US Open.

Unfortunately we were unable to cover the second semi-final live due to the large amount of sport on offer on the evening in question. The match was covered as soon as possible thereafter and hopefully this is a situation that will not occur in the future.

I hope this information helps and thanks for taking the time to contact sky.

"Large amount of Sport"... what are they on. How can they say motorbikes was more important????!!!
I give up with them, And now they've got the bloody test cricket. What will they do when England goes to have the Ashes showdown in Oz in 15 months? Show the tests when the team's back in Trafalgar square on another vicotory parade?!!!

Idiots.