Let's talk bottom half of draw:Coria and the 3 Americans [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Let's talk bottom half of draw:Coria and the 3 Americans

Tennis Fool
09-06-2005, 05:00 AM
Coria
Agassi
Blake
Ginepri

Who would you like to see in the finals, and why?

dmit424
09-06-2005, 05:07 AM
I think Ginepri will take out Coria... Coria hasn't really faces a good hardcourter yet, and Ginepri may be just good enough in this tournament to knock him out. Maybe I am wrong, though. I haven't even seen Coria play anything off clay, and USA doesn't show him.

Agassi vs. Blake is such a tough pick. I will take Agassi, though. He is solid off of both sides, and his return is still the best. Until Blake is knocked out, we'll never really know if he's really improved, or is just on an incredibly hot streak which may sizzle out as the pressure of the latter rounds mount. IF he plays like he did vs. Nadal, he will beat Agassi. But that's far from a given.

I would like to see Blake vs. Fed in the final, though. We haven't seen a final with such an interesting twist in a while, not so much from Roger's side, but from Blake's. It would be great to see him make the final after all he's been through, and if he gets that far, he might be the guy who has the confidence to really trouble Fed. He played him once this year and lost in a close contest at Cincy (I was there :) ), but he's just playing so well right now, and better than he was a week ago or two weeks ago, that Roger hasn't played THIS Blake, and THIS Blake doesn't really have any reason to believe he can't beat Federer.

Scotso
09-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Ginepri is the only one I can stand, but I do like him. So, no brainer.

liptea
09-06-2005, 05:18 AM
If only Guillermo could serve over 1 mph, he might do well.

Tennis Fool
09-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Ginepri looks like the type of guy who'd give Coria a beatdown if Coria said anything to him at the changover. He'd just jump right over the official :lol:

Scotso
09-06-2005, 05:24 AM
Frankly, if Coria doesn't stop acting like a spoiled brat, he has it coming.

*Ljubica*
09-06-2005, 05:24 AM
Blake's a nice guy I think - he has overcome loads of injuries and personal problems, he's playing very well at the moment and he's very classy and always well-behaved on court. So I vote for Blake - besides - I can't stand any of the others :devil:

its.like.that
09-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Coria
Agassi
Blake
Ginepri

there's already a thread addressing this issue.

:retard:

Tennis Fool
09-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Frankly, if Coria doesn't stop acting like a spoiled brat, he has it coming.
What are you talking about? He had to play with 3 BROKEN TOENAILS. That hurts! :p

Scotso
09-06-2005, 05:26 AM

No honey, this one has less options because we have advanced a round. They played some matches today, k?

Tennis Fool
09-06-2005, 05:26 AM
Ginepri is the only one I can stand, but I do like him. So, no brainer.
Why don't you like James Blake or Agassi? I'm assuming James because of his cheering squad?

Scotso
09-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Yes. And the only reason I don't like Agassi is because of that one Wimbledon where he tried to hit a lineswoman with his serve.

I'll just never be able to get over that one.

Tennis Fool
09-06-2005, 05:29 AM

What's the :retard: for? Are you making fun of James' shingles condition :fiery:

oneandonlyhsn
09-06-2005, 05:30 AM
Coria or Blake :bounce:

Tennis Fool
Yes. And the only reason I don't like Agassi is because of that one Wimbledon where he tried to hit a lineswoman with his serve.

I'll just never be able to get over that one.
Oops :o Must've been during his "Image is Everything" days.

Scotso
Coria or Blake :bounce:

No no, it's who you want to WIN. :p

oneandonlyhsn
09-06-2005, 05:31 AM
No no, it's who you want to WIN. :p

Coria, just to shut TG, you know who :p

Scotso
09-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Coria, just to shut TG, you know who :p

I can see the appeal of that.

MissMoJo
09-06-2005, 05:45 AM
Go Guille!!:rocker2:

TenHound
09-06-2005, 05:52 AM
AA's assault on lineswoman @Wimby was fairly recent. thanks for the reminder. He told her she should go get laid. Pig.

I wanted a Gasquet-RF final, but looks like he needs 2 yrs. in the gym first. A Berdych-Gasquet semi wouldn't be bad either.

But, glad to see I'm in good company detesting Ginepri. As long as they don't think that just 'cuz his ranking is up that anyone would ever want to see him on tv, unless he's playing someone we do want to see - Coria, Gasquet, etc. As long as he doesn't make it into the final...

All time nightmare final - Nalby-Ginepri!!!

its.like.that
09-06-2005, 06:12 AM
No honey, this one has less options because we have advanced a round. They played some matches today, k?

oh I thought that was what SUPER SATURDAY was all about

its.like.that
09-06-2005, 06:14 AM
What's the :retard: for? Are you making fun of James' shingles condition :fiery:

no, I don't even know James.

landoud
09-06-2005, 07:01 AM
one of the americans...
Ginepri and andre have the best chances

sigmagirl91
09-06-2005, 09:01 AM
I picked Andre...sentimental fave, that's all.

Jimnik
09-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Coria
Agassi
Blake
Ginepri

Amazingly, even without A-Rod, there could still be an all-American semi-final.

safdem
09-06-2005, 09:35 AM
i hope james can make the final :D or andrei

Shabazza
09-06-2005, 09:43 AM
1.Blake 2. AA

Puschkin
09-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Isn't Coria an American, too? ;)

hitchhiker
09-06-2005, 10:08 AM
just someone take coria out. i volunteer.

its.like.that
09-06-2005, 10:10 AM
just someone take coria out. i volunteer.

The weasel would put up a better fight than the Armenian.

hitchhiker
09-06-2005, 10:12 AM

cant fight against :timebomb:

Mrs. B
09-06-2005, 10:15 AM
first choice: James Blake
or Andre Agassi

sigmagirl91
09-06-2005, 10:38 AM

Which Armenian? ;)

sigmagirl91
09-06-2005, 10:41 AM
All time nightmare final - Nalby-Ginepri!!!

Also called "Truth is Stranger Than Fiction" final. Any takers?

its.like.that
09-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Which Armenian? ;)

edit: The bald Armenian.

:p

sigmagirl91
09-06-2005, 10:57 AM
edit: The bald Armenian.

:p

Ok. :yeah:

Björki
09-06-2005, 11:00 AM
I want to see Andre or James. :bounce:
Robby would deserve it as well if he beat the Weasel :lol:

vincayou
09-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Coria all the way! :yeah:

sigmagirl91
09-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Go Robby.

Action Jackson
09-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Vamos Weasel.

That's only if Blake can't beat Agassi.

sigmagirl91
09-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Vamos Weasel.

That's only if Blake can't beat Agassi.

Don't make me laugh.

djul
09-06-2005, 11:12 AM
:worship: ANDRE

Action Jackson
09-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Don't make me laugh.

Blake is the only one I like in that group, so if he doesn't make it, and there has to be a choice, so it's the Weasel if comes down to it.

nermo
09-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Coria all the way posted by Vinca you

:angel: , there's a wide and a huge difference between Want and Will reach the finals..as for me, I don't see any similarities between my wish and the logical truth..

vincayou
09-06-2005, 11:31 AM
:angel: , there's a wide and a huge difference between Want and Will reach the finals..as for me, I don't see any similarities between my wish and the logical truth..

I know... I think that Blake and Agassi are favourites. I wouldn't mind if Blake makes the final.

its.like.that
09-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Blake is the only one I like in that group, so if he doesn't make it, and there has to be a choice, so it's the Weasel if comes down to it.

as long as it's not the case of chosing between the lesser of 2 evils (evils = jackasses in this case).

:haha::haha:

nermo
09-06-2005, 11:39 AM
I know... I think that Blake and Agassi are favourites. I wouldn't mind if Blake makes the final.posted by Vinca you

Blake is living his best days of tennis at the moment, everything is going ok with the guy up till now,he has motive, confidence in his efforts, calmness,and support..yet Agassi can still be dangerous as he wants it badly..even Ginepri 'll be tough when he goes further quarter final..

hitchhiker
09-06-2005, 11:54 AM
if coria dares to make semi final of us open i am running onto court during warmup, grabbing onto coria and not letting go until they drag both of us off court.

nermo
09-06-2005, 12:32 PM
if coria dares to make semi final of us open i am running onto court during warmup, grabbing onto coria and not letting go until they drag both of us off court. posted by hitchhiker

:devil: hitchhiker ,no need to do it, Ginepri is strong enough to complete the mission...

amierin
09-06-2005, 02:15 PM
I started to dislike Agassi when he won in LA I believe and they gave him a fairly expensive watch, a Raymond Weil make. Andre looked at it and on mike before a live and television audience said "this is an e-bay watch."
Everyone pretended they didn't hear what he said and Andre tried to play it off as a joke. Sure it wasn't a Rolex but a simple thank you would have sufficed.

I'm not a big fan of Blake or Coria, and I don't think Ginepri will make it through. I just want to see a competitive final. I think of the four Coria would give Federer the best fight.

RogiFan88
09-06-2005, 02:30 PM
If Blake makes the F, that means he will still be playing and fighting well, so he could win it all, esp w the overwhelming crowd support, as he w be the sentimental fave. It w be a fairytale ending that only happens once in a lifetime.

Blaze
09-06-2005, 02:51 PM
I said it once and I'm saying it again, Ginepri will be in the final.

gillian
09-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm going with Agassi, even though he's not my favorite. He seems to have gained confidence with each round played. Most importantly, he didn't fade in the 5th set against Malisse. On the contrary, he said he felt great in that final set. That bodes well for him, but not for potential opponents; plus, he's been moving well all tournament long. I think Blake will give Andre a big fight on Weds. night, but that ultimately, A squared will come out on top. Andre's been in a boatload of Grand Slam quarter- and semi-finals. With the exception of Coria, the other guys don't have any experience at this level of a tournament. Could one of them surprise me? Sure, but the way Andre's been playing, it's doubtful.

daze11
09-06-2005, 03:58 PM
somehow it is possible federer will lose and hewitt will be in the final for a rematch of the australian davis cup with guillermo coria...that would be a fantastic show. i dont PREDICT fed will lose but anything can happen, and everyone said nadal could not lose before the final, so i'll put it out there.

coria made the final of 6-round miami nasdaq last year and took the first set from roddick before kidney stones hit...oh, the endless but true drama of GC...so he doesnt have 'no results' on hard court and ginepri might as well have been a first round match which he wouldnt lose. he has just the kind of bruisers game coria thrives against. game-to-game, gasquet would have had a much better match-up against the crafty argentine. then, agassi will beat blake and then have his nerve problem errupt in the SF and coria will win.

amierin
09-06-2005, 04:03 PM
somehow it is possible federer will lose and hewitt will be in the final for a rematch of the australian davis cup with guillermo coria...that would be a fantastic show. i dont PREDICT fed will lose but anything can happen, and everyone said nadal could not lose before the final, so i'll put it out there.

If there is a Hewitt/Coria final check to see if Massu, Horna, Gaudio and Agassi are in the stands and if they're anywhere near Coria. During an injury time out Coria may be snatched off the court for a few minutes while Hewitt has his quads checked... :devil:

And if that doesn't happen I hope they have someone to keep the boxers, I mean players apart. :angel:
(See the Massu/Coria thread if this doesn't make sense to you).

+alonso
09-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Blake, Plz!!!!!!

Auscon
09-06-2005, 08:36 PM
I like Ginepri, but I'd be least happy with him in the final

tho Coria is my fav player ahead of the rest, I'd prefer to see Andre or Blake there

as long as the body holds up, Agassi will be the finalist

vincayou
09-06-2005, 08:39 PM
I said it once and I'm saying it again, Ginepri will be in the final.

Yes, we want bagels in final again! :p

daze11
09-06-2005, 11:46 PM
:devil: hitchhiker ,no need to do it, Ginepri is strong enough to complete the mission...
except that ginepri is a carrer-long loser who has never even made it to a slam QF before, and coria is a legend. ginepri has lost in the first round the last FOUR grand slams in a ROW. meanwhile, coria is one of only THREE players this year to reach the 4R in every slam event of '05! :rolleyes:

megadeth
09-07-2005, 12:01 AM
i wouldn't call coria a legend if he hasn't won a slam yet.

besides, he's been dethroned already by nadal... :rolleyes:

daze11
09-07-2005, 12:05 AM
i wouldn't call coria a legend if he hasn't won a slam yet.

besides, he's been dethroned already by nadal... :rolleyes:
coria went a year without a loss on clay, so we'll wait for nadal to catch up to that, and then see if he can repeat this year's success in 06. In their last clay encounter, it was 7-6 in the 5th, 8 points to 6. Not exactly a dethroning. :)

ataptc
09-07-2005, 02:33 AM
If James can beat Andre, then James.. If not, then I'll supporting Coria :)

willie
09-07-2005, 02:46 AM
coria is the man.
he is gonna reach the finals!!!:worship:

andre the great
09-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Obviously want Andre to do it and think he can. Barring that Blake deserves an awful ammount of support for what he has been through. I know the J-Block can be irritating but Blake himself seems to be a very decent guy. So if he beats my hero he will have my support.Both of whom will fancy their chances against Nalbandian in the final

Action Jackson
09-07-2005, 08:23 AM
coria went a year without a loss on clay, so we'll wait for nadal to catch up to that, and then see if he can repeat this year's success in 06. In their last clay encounter, it was 7-6 in the 5th, 8 points to 6. Not exactly a dethroning. :)

What planet are you on? Coria went through a season without a loss on clay that is rubbish? No, I am not talking about juniors or challengers. The only player to have done that is Borg.

nermo
09-07-2005, 08:43 AM
except that ginepri is a carrer-long loser who has never even made it to a slam QF before, and coria is a legend. ginepri has lost in the first round the last FOUR grand slams in a ROW. meanwhile, coria is one of only THREE players this year to reach the 4R in every slam event of '05! posted by Daze11

Coria passing over Ginepri would only make me very happy..i know the guy has talent and has abilities, i believe in that.but i know also, that he can give more than he has done this year.and i 'm not speaking about titles only..but the inconsistency that Coria was playing with althrough this year (RG as an example)..doesn't seem very satisfying..again, his serve in the last match wasn't a good weapon , 20 dfs ..he needs his serve as a basis against someone like Ginepri who is powerful and adding to it, the crowd support which ('ll be a stressing factor over Coria..)these aren't going to make it easy...it's my humble opinion and if it proved wrong , then it'll be one of my happiest moments... :)

Experimentee
09-07-2005, 01:10 PM
1. Agassi
2. Blake
3. Ginepri
4. Coria

Tennis Fool
09-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Wow, didn't expect Coria to be in 2nd place...Ginepri with only 5 votes :eek:

boliviana
09-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Wow, didn't expect Coria to be in 2nd place...Ginepri with only 5 votes :eek:
I think that is grudging respect for Coria even there isn't out and out love . . .