3 American men in the quarters [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

3 American men in the quarters

BAMJ6
09-06-2005, 04:42 AM
And 1 will unfortunately be gone after Wednesday night. I can't believe Ginepri pulled out a 5 setter for 2 matches in a row.

Neely
09-06-2005, 04:46 AM
Good result for the men! :bounce:

And who would have thought it?! only a few months ago there was basically nobody else than Roddick and Agassi. Blake and Ginepri with a strong hardcourt summer season!

megadeth
09-06-2005, 04:46 AM
this must be hurting roddick right now.

i can just imagine the press saying: "american players came into the USO equipped with their mojos, except for andy"

Federerhingis
09-06-2005, 04:50 AM
And 1 will unfortunately be gone after Wednesday night. I can't believe Ginepri pulled out a 5 setter for 2 matches in a row.

Ginepri has been playing some high quality tennis all summer long, so much for those who dont believe he can make the final :rolleyes: , certainly the semis. Both him and Blake have as much chance at making the final as Agassi, the only thing seperating them, yes its huge experience and all those slams Agassi has won before, nonetheless these two are making the best out of their great form of late. I wouldnt dismiss them so easily.

Tennis Fool
09-06-2005, 04:50 AM
USA! USA! USA! :woohoo:

They all deserved it. They had great summers. Not like it's out of the blue.

BAMJ6
09-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Ginepri has been playing some high quality tennis all summer long, so much for those who dont believe he can make the final :rolleyes: , certainly the semis. Both him and Blake have as much chance at making the final as Agassi, the only thing seperating them, yes its huge experience and all those slams Agassi has won before, nonetheless these two are making the best out of their great form of late. I wouldnt dismiss them so easily.

I wasn't dismissing Ginepri, but not many people get through 2 5 setters in 2 straight matches of a Grand Slam. You have to wonder how much will he have left against Coria. Granted he's come off a 5 setter too, but it's only 1 5 setter to Ginepri's 2 in a row.

dmit424
09-06-2005, 05:00 AM
This seems like a great jumpoff for a few of the younger US players, but unfortunately, this is close to the season's end, and it might be difficult to carry over momentum to the next season. I am not really a fan of American tennis, but your heart has to feel for a guy like Blake, and Ginepri seems like he has really put in work to his game and conditioning, and he deserves this (same cannot be said for Dent, who seems to be in awful shape).