For PETE SAMPRAS SAKE...Stop it with the Damn Commercials.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

For PETE SAMPRAS SAKE...Stop it with the Damn Commercials....

Foot_Fault
09-05-2005, 10:14 PM
I hate those commercials. He's great but these commericals talking about his slam wins in '00 and '02 is boring.

we need Closure Pete. Worse than Maria's PowerShot commercial.

Flibbertigibbet
09-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Ha, they are, aren't they? I was quite surprised the first time I saw it: I was thinking, "Woah, Zombie Sampras?! :eek:"

ExpectedWinner
09-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Believe it not, there are enough fans who live in the past and can't move on. I guess these ads target them.

aceit
09-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Hello no it isn't worse than Maria's power shot commercial.

Pheobo
09-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Hello no it isn't worse than Maria's power shot commercial.

Sssh. That commericial is HOT.

I like the Irish accent in the Sampras commercial :D

gillian
09-05-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't get the point of these ads, unless the aim is to annoy me. In that case, it's working. :(

amierin
09-05-2005, 11:43 PM
These commercials bite big time. Between these and Hypeapova's camera commecials I can't decide which are worse.

angiel
09-08-2005, 08:09 PM
All you guys who are slamming Pete about his commerical, are just green with envy, what does your commericals say. :eek: :eek:

darnyelb
09-08-2005, 08:14 PM
you know, that Wimbledon 2000 commercial doesn't bother me too much. But the commercial where he brags about making 8 US Open finals (but not in a row like Lendl/Tilden) really bugs the crap out of me.

Mechlan
09-08-2005, 08:22 PM
You can at least mute and watch the Sharapova commercial. This one has no redeeming qualities. You made it happen, Pete. Good for you. Now stop.

I think RBS spent their entire advertising budget on Pete and had nothing left over for the commercial itself. At least, I hope that's what happened.

tennischick
09-08-2005, 08:40 PM
i saw this ad for the first time last night and i must say that i changed the channel in disgust. then again just the sight of the Android tends to have that effect on me so i really can't blame it entirely on the commercial :devil:

the only good commercial i've seen is one with Andre in black and Steffi in white teaching 2 groups of kids to play tennis. awesome and funny. their ads are so classy. :worship:

gillian
09-08-2005, 08:46 PM
I think RBS spent their entire advertising budget on Pete and had nothing left over for the commercial itself. At least, I hope that's what happened.

I know. The ad says almost nothing about the company itself. Stupid.

tennischick
09-08-2005, 08:56 PM
I know. The ad says almost nothing about the company itself. Stupid.
i know! why would they pay him to talk about himself? :confused: :lol:

Seleshfan
09-08-2005, 08:58 PM
All you guys who are slamming Pete about his commerical, are just green with envy, what does your commericals say. :eek: :eek:

My commercial says, "If you're as busy as I am, you don't have time to deal with feminine itching and embarrassing odor. That's why I use Vagisil. Vagisil is clinically proven to stop itching and odor on contact, so you can have a fresh, clean feeling that lasts throughout your busy day. *commercial ends with me going to bed with my husband smiling*

*Disclaimer - Do not use Vagisil for more than 2 weeks. If symptoms continue, see your physician. Creamy discharge, and/or burning may by symptoms of a more serious condition, e.g., a yeast infection or Chlamydia. Vagisil is not intended for use as a treatment of STDs or other infections.

PaulieM
09-08-2005, 09:36 PM
the commercials are pretty bad

jenanun
09-08-2005, 11:28 PM
the only good commercial i've seen is one with Andre in black and Steffi in white teaching 2 groups of kids to play tennis. awesome and funny. their ads are so classy. :worship:

yes! i like that one too!!!!

and also the one with dent playing tennis with their son....

Phunkadelicious
09-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Pete looked terrible :eek:

LMason
09-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Is it a surprise the commercial is so bad? I like Sampras, but he has the single worst commercial from an athlete I've ever seen. That, of course, is the yogurt commercial. He serves, he eats yogurt. That's it. Say what you will about other players, I have yet to see a commercial as lame as that one.

gvhvhg
09-09-2005, 11:45 PM
The worst part of the commercials is that they make no sense.....what is the point??? OK He made it happen and so does RBS...but what the hell is up with the eight grand slams one...hes just putting himself down....i feel like im missing some vital piece of information

But come on guys...as bad as these commercials are...they are nowhere as bad as the Roddick lexus and mojo ones.

amr090
09-09-2005, 11:47 PM
THe roddick lexus is by far the worst. He just sits there in a car you can tell hes not driving as fake scenery moves by. The an idiot next to him babbles stupid stuff totally unrelated to lexus. Then you see the lexus logo....thats it...thats the entire commericla.

how could this possibly entice anyone to buy a lexus? totally stupid and a waste of money.

amierin
09-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Pete's commercials svck wind. At least Andy had a mojo to lose. Pete's just never showed up. He has always done commercials that prove he has no personality.

And BTW I like the Andy driving commercials. His facial expressions are hysterical.
"My parents have a time share in Nantucket." LOL

PaulieM
09-10-2005, 12:41 AM
the lexus commercials are pointless, but andy's faces are funny

leahwurth
09-10-2005, 02:25 AM
yes! i like that one too!!!!

and also the one with dent playing tennis with their son....

it's not really their son which makes me hate the commercial. i first thought it was funny, but that ruins it.

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-10-2005, 03:08 AM
The Lexus commercials are bad, but nothing matches the android blabbering on about his glory days.

AgassiFan
09-10-2005, 03:14 AM
Believe it not, there are enough fans who live in the past and can't move on. I guess these ads target them.

I am not a Pistol Pete fan by no means and I love current players both on the men's and women's side, and am looking forward to what Nadal, Gasquet, Sharapova and Young might do in the future... But you represent the kind of soul-less, ADD-riddled moron my generation is comprised of - for whom nothing is sacred or even worthy of respect.

Tradition, history, achievement, greater society - who cares, right? It's all about here and now, it's all about me-me-me... Um, what was I talking about, again?

So fuck you and your ilk. You will be the downfall of mankind.

:D

ExpectedWinner
09-10-2005, 04:30 AM
I am not a Pistol Pete fan by no means and I love current players both on the men's and women's side, and am looking forward to what Nadal, Gasquet, Sharapova and Young might do in the future... But you represent the kind of soul-less, ADD-riddled moron my generation is comprised of - for whom nothing is sacred or even worthy of respect.

Tradition, history, achievement, greater society - who cares, right? It's all about here and now, it's all about me-me-me... Um, what was I talking about, again?

So fuck you and your ilk. You will be the downfall of mankind.

:D

What's it all about? Commercials always target someone. I guess there are enough people who are happy to watch Pete saying " I did this and that.." Other people like to see Andy's Mojo, or Sharapova's power's shot. Some people are taking a refrigerator break during commercials. Nothing wrong with people's choices.

As for me, I respect history. I had favorite players 10-15 years ago. I remember their achievements. When I need a reminder how great they were, I watch old tapes. Commercials in a mood " I made it happen" don't work for me.

Just to return you a favor - пошел на хуй. :wavey:

kabuki
09-10-2005, 04:46 AM
I'm so glad I have Tivo.

aj_m2009
09-10-2005, 04:47 AM
...And BTW I like the Andy driving commercials. His facial expressions are hysterical.
"My parents have a time share in Nantucket." LOL

Haha yeah that one was hilarious! And then I really liked the one with the woman that was goin on about his grunt and how he should like roar like a lion or whatever, that one was even funnier imo!:p

TheMightyFed
09-10-2005, 06:55 AM
any link on this commercial for poor Europeans ?