How to get logo on strings? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How to get logo on strings?

Sinnet
09-05-2005, 03:34 AM
I'm curious, once you restring a racquet with new strings, how can I get the logo (for me, the Wilson "W") on the strings? Is there a stencil and special paint to buy? Anyone know? Thanks. :)

El Legenda
09-05-2005, 05:27 AM
spray paint, i guess, seems to be easy.

Becarina
09-05-2005, 05:28 AM
they will put the stencil on...just ask

Fee
09-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Its actually a bottle with a sponge tip placed over a stencil. You can buy a kit from Tennis Warehouse.com, but whoever strings your racquets should have them already.

its.like.that
09-05-2005, 06:13 AM
you need a special type of string that already has the paint in place.

tennisace
09-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Its actually a bottle with a sponge tip placed over a stencil. You can buy a kit from Tennis Warehouse.com, but whoever strings your racquets should have them already.

Yup. I was watching Hingis and Ahna practice in Miami in years ago (99 or 2000) in Miami and was shocked to see Ahna take out a stencil and start coloring it in. I never thought that the players would actually do their own stenciling.

mandoura
09-05-2005, 01:25 PM
You can buy the Stencil + Ink (available in black and red and maybe other colors) .

adee-gee
09-05-2005, 04:39 PM
I used to string rackets. It's pretty much what everyone has said (except its.like.that who is winding you up). The strings you use to string the racket are just plain, and most places that string rackets should have the stencil and the ink to put it on. Takes a couple of hours to fully dry, if you start hitting with it straight away the ink will go all over the balls. One thing, some strings will mean that the stencil won't go on very well. For example polyester strings you'd probably have to do without the logo.

its.like.that
09-05-2005, 08:11 PM
I used to string rackets. It's pretty much what everyone has said (except its.like.that who is winding you up). The strings you use to string the racket are just plain, and most places that string rackets should have the stencil and the ink to put it on. Takes a couple of hours to fully dry, if you start hitting with it straight away the ink will go all over the balls. One thing, some strings will mean that the stencil won't go on very well. For example polyester strings you'd probably have to do without the logo.

:sad:

why am I always the last to know?

ProStaff
10-20-2006, 11:56 AM
but yeah, apparently it's only when the logos are already done on the strings that they're able to last longer than the ones done with spray paint and a stencil.

All logos are done with spray paint and stencil.

drake10101
10-20-2006, 08:46 PM
http://www.htrtour.at/tourshop/F_Stencil_Ink_X0015_Z7426.jpg

This stencil ink is much better than regular old spraypaint.

Do you guys think that having the paint on the strings effects the string feel at all? Perhaps not the stuff in the pic above, but I've seen guys use some heavy duty paint with these stencils.

ProStaff
10-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Pro players don't seem to mind.