Andy's fitness [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy's fitness

ClaycourtaZzZz.
09-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I thought I could start this thread:p
I think Andy improved alot in the past weeks! He still needs to get fitter and gain weight, I think 68 KG is not enough! He needs to get strong legs and a stron arm, then he'll have more speed on his shots and will get more balls.
He needs to work on this! I hope I'll see him stronger than ever:)

MurrayFan1
09-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I think he's got good speed on his arms, his passing shots are pretty good from what i've seen

ClaycourtaZzZz.
09-04-2005, 01:56 PM
yup, but he hasn't got alot of power in his BH at the groundstrokes....

ClaycourtaZzZz.
09-04-2005, 01:57 PM
But it will come, the passings are amazing I love them:)

decrepitude
09-04-2005, 03:28 PM
And don't forget to mention the need to improve on 1st serve %. Hopefully Mark Petchey will be working on this.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
09-04-2005, 03:35 PM
And don't forget to mention the need to improve on 1st serve %. Hopefully Mark Petchey will be working on this.

yea, he has to. and th DF's:mad:

adee-gee
09-04-2005, 03:52 PM
I dont think his arms need too much building up, I'd say the legs are a bigger problem. Obviously the first serve % needs to come up but thats probably a technical thing rather than tired arms as he hasn't been serving high %ages at any point of any match. The double faults I agree are a problem, he was serving them at crucial times and considering he doesn't really go for his 2nd serve too much he shouldn't be serving as many as he has.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-04-2005, 05:13 PM
another thread eh fed express..........................:p

ClaycourtaZzZz.
09-04-2005, 05:38 PM
:haha: Why not? The others have some hunderds of threads....

Aleksa's Laydee
09-04-2005, 06:53 PM
yeah but we dont need pointless threads in this forum...this is a different better forum remember ;)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
09-04-2005, 07:11 PM
yup but I felt like open a discuss on the most critical part of Andy.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-04-2005, 07:17 PM
or wanted vcash...whatever ;)

sort your cramps out Andrew :mad:

Duncan
09-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Everyone mentions Murray's fitness as a problem and yes it is but just remember it was only this year that Nadal suffered fitness problems against Federer at indian wells i think it was? i can't really remember now but the main thing is he blew a 2 set lead and looked really tired in the 4th and 5th sets

ClaycourtaZzZz.
09-04-2005, 08:20 PM
It was in the NASDAQ100 Open Final
It wasn't Nadal who played well, it was Federer who played bad. Nadal just played like crap in the last 2 sets. Some bad calls for Nadal in the 3rd, otherwise he would have won it for sure.

Andy can go 3:30 after 3:45 he gets cramps, the fitness is about 60%
He just needs to gain muscels like Hewitt did, 5-9 kilos, a must then he would be about 75KG. This would be help, his groundstrokes would getting harder, his serve would be harder, he could serve 140mph with out a doubt. What do you all think, will he grow more? I think he'll get 187cm...

musefanatic
09-04-2005, 08:25 PM
or wanted vcash...whatever ;)

sort your cramps out Andrew :mad:

I agree. I think he needs to sort it out, you don't see many other players with cramp. But he's only 18 and Petch can help him, he'll work wonders, i have every faith in Petch! :) :D

Aleksa's Laydee
09-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I agree. I think he needs to sort it out, you don't see many other players with cramp. But he's only 18 and Petch can help him, he'll work wonders, i have every faith in Petch! :) :D

im glad someone does coz i dont! :lol:

adee-gee
09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
im glad someone does coz i dont! :lol:

:fiery: how can you not have faith in Petch! True legend :worship:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-04-2005, 10:48 PM
:fiery: how can you not have faith in Petch! True legend :worship:
well coz he listens to Cowan and likes Cowan...and anyone who likes Cowan is a nutter!!! ;)

adee-gee
09-04-2005, 10:49 PM
well coz he listens to Cowan and likes Cowan...and anyone who likes Cowan is a nutter!!! ;)

:lol: Cowan is funny. I think Petch prefers Bailey to be honest, they might have a little thing going on :o I do like Petch though, always makes me laugh and was very nice when I met him at Wimby. Seems like he's done a pretty good job with Andy already too.

Duncan
09-04-2005, 11:41 PM
i love Petchey!

Aleksa's Laydee
09-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Mark and Chris are nice but i have no faith in any of them :angel:

Dashers
09-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Well, speaking as a decrepit 42 year old now, I remember when I was in my late teens I used to get terrible leg cramps and I wasn't playing a tenth as much as Andy. Once I stopped growing height-wise, probably about 20, the problem never came back. I remember being told it was nothing to do with fitness but to do with with muscle tissue just physically growing and putting too big a strain on it when it was. I was also told it depends on the individual's physiology, so one person can get cramps when another doesn't.

In a nutshell, he should grow out of the cramps soon. The Pavel match showed he can go the distance if he doesn't cramp up.

musefanatic
09-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks Dashers! That at least has given me lots of hope that Andy will grow out of them and be able to go all the way and beat guys like Clement when he stops growing.

adee-gee
09-05-2005, 06:11 PM
According to Petchey, Andy is going to head to France shortly to get some tests done to see why he's cramping a lot. He said Pat Rafter had a similar problem when he was 18/19 and he seemed to sort it out ok. He said he was hoping to find a resolution to the problem soon.

musefanatic
09-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks for that Adee-gee. Fingers crossed for dear Andy!