"Something's Missing" just don't give up (indoor thread) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

"Something's Missing" just don't give up (indoor thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Fumus
09-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Too early to start talking about the Indoor season? :)

warmy
09-02-2005, 06:51 PM
NEVER! :bowdown:

Fumus
09-02-2005, 06:55 PM
What was his record last year? I know he was doing well and then he lost to Max, he beat Safin indoors...who in my opinion is the best indoor player.

He could potentially pickup his first masters of the year at one of these. :cool:

Deboogle!.
09-02-2005, 07:51 PM
He skipped Madrid and Stockholm last year after his elbow problems from Bangkok, thankfully he's not pllaying Bangkok this year and hopefully he'll play the full Euro indoor season for once.

Please Andy :awww:

Caren
09-02-2005, 08:30 PM
"Hopefully" he's really pumped up for this season. This loss has to have an effect on him, i wanna see him blast his way through titles this year.

C'MON ANDY YOU CAN DO IT :rocker2:

blosson
09-02-2005, 08:35 PM
It's never too early to look ahead!

Pick up that funny metal tree in Paris. Ole.

Will Madrid masters use models as ball girls again? Andy, you can not possible miss that. :lol:

MisterQ
09-02-2005, 09:08 PM
lol, this song makes me imagine Andy hiding in his room from the press:

Check your pulse
Its proof that you’re not listening to
The call your life’s been issuing you
The rhythm of a line of idle days
Scared of the world outside you should go explore
Pull all the shades and wander the great indoors
The great indoors
Lamplight makes the shadows play
And posters take the walls away
The tv is your window pane
The view wont let you down
So put your faith in a late night show
I bet you didn’t even know
Depends on how far out you go
The channel numbers change
Scared of the world outside you should go explore
Pull all the shades and wander the great indoors
Though lately I can’t blame you
I have seen the world
And sometimes wish your room had room for two
So go unlock the door
And find what you are here for
Leave the great indoors
Please leave the great indoors
Check your pulse
Its proof that you’re not listening to
The call your life’s been issuing you
The rhythm of a line of idle days

PinkFeatherBoa
09-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Indoor season. Woot. :rocker2:

Andy, please come to Madrid this year. If you come, I'll shout you a pizza. Deal ;)

pizza not a guarantee, limited stock.

Deboogle!.
09-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Yes, they are indeed using the models again :lol:

LOL Q!!!!!!

Caren
09-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Yeh auditions finished yesterday lol. Anybody notice how old the ball boys at the us open are this year.

Iheartandy&roger
09-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Well can't be too soon now we all need to look ahead now and can only hope Andy can pull it together.

Deboogle!.
09-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeh auditions finished yesterday lol. Anybody notice how old the ball boys at the us open are this year.There was a 64-year old ballboy in LA!!! :eek: :lol:

partygirl
09-02-2005, 10:10 PM
so when is andy's next tourney?...or will davis cup be first?
i wonder if it will be televised i hope so, last year espn did nothing for the indoor european season...i disagree with that, i need the tennis channel already...i notice those with it are rarely wondering- will this or that be televised, it just is!- and i hate you for it...ok i really dont- can i come over actually, i wont take much space...im very thin :ras: :ras: :ras:

partygirl
09-02-2005, 10:12 PM
There was a 64-year old ballboy in LA!!! :eek: :lol:

now THAT is hysterical...did you see him, was there any BOY left?

Caren
09-02-2005, 11:30 PM
now THAT is hysterical...did you see him, was there any BOY left?

:haha: :rolls:

morningglory
09-02-2005, 11:35 PM
.................................................. ........................................ 64 years? :eek:

acoffeygirl
09-03-2005, 12:42 AM
It was funny....we thought he was just going to be a ball "boy" for the charity event...but he worked a bunch of matches after that too!

Noelle
09-03-2005, 01:01 AM
:banana: I'm excited. Andy should pretty much be available to play the indoor season, and I think he may be looking to better his record at them right now.

Deboogle!.
09-03-2005, 01:02 AM
of course he *should* be able to - doesn't mean he will :p

Noelle
09-03-2005, 01:06 AM
:smash: Andy. :p

bavaria100
09-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Weīll see if Andy shows up at every tourney. Itīs very important that he has a few good results there. If he doesnīt win at least one of those TMS tourneys or the MC, he will be without a big title for nearly 2 years. :eek:

Deboogle!.
09-03-2005, 02:25 PM
... he will be without a big title for nearly 2 years. :eek:This sucks and Andy definitely needs to rectify it and pull a big title and stuff.... but. Hewitt has not won a big title for nearly THREE years (indian wells 2003, I believe?)... but it's funny, I haven't seen much blasting of him for that. Interesting. :)

Noelle
09-03-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm changing my sig to say "Carpet burn is HOTT, Andy."

Deboogle!.
09-03-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm changing my sig to say "Carpet burn is HOTT, Andy.":spit: :haha: :worship:

Peoples
09-03-2005, 02:43 PM
There was a 64-year old ballboy in LA!!! :eek: :lol:
Normally the top 50 players become coaches after their career is over, in some cases top 100 ones too. But ever imagined what happens to most of the lower ranked pros after their career is over and they're 64 but love tennis... there you go :eek:

Deboogle!.
09-03-2005, 02:50 PM
here he is, behind Andre and Lux:p

Noelle
09-03-2005, 02:56 PM
:rolls: If you're that old and can still run after tennis balls, then good on ya, mate. :yeah:

Corinna
09-03-2005, 03:48 PM
noelle, your siggy :bowdown:
goo for the indoor season, andy :banana:

blosson
09-03-2005, 04:02 PM
This sucks and Andy definitely needs to rectify it and pull a big title and stuff.... but. Hewitt has not won a big title for nearly THREE years (indian wells 2003, I believe?)... but it's funny, I haven't seen much blasting of him for that. Interesting. :)

Maybe some of the Australian posters could clarify to us if Lleyton is actually not "crucified" in the local press. Aussies?

andyroxmysox12191
09-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Cmon Andy :banana: Please do well :sobbing:

acoffeygirl
09-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Love the sig Noelle....and I've thought the same thing Deb. I wasn't really around tennis when Hewitt lost first round in Wimbledon as the defending champ....so I don't know if he took the same kind of heat. But in recent years....Hewitt hasn't won the big stuff either, but he doesn't seem to get the same kind of criticism....

Fumus
09-06-2005, 05:53 PM
MisterQ knows where I got the title of this thread from....

Andy loves John Mayer.

Noelle
09-07-2005, 01:13 AM
:) John Mayer! :drool: I have that album ("Room for Squares") and this is one of my favorite songs. :woohoo:

nkhera1
09-07-2005, 02:15 AM
Love the sig Noelle....and I've thought the same thing Deb. I wasn't really around tennis when Hewitt lost first round in Wimbledon as the defending champ....so I don't know if he took the same kind of heat. But in recent years....Hewitt hasn't won the big stuff either, but he doesn't seem to get the same kind of criticism....

But to his credit he usually beats the players he is supposed to.

Golfnduck
09-07-2005, 03:25 AM
I'm changing my sig to say "Carpet burn is HOTT, Andy."
LMFAO!!!! Carpet burn is HOT!! :p

Noelle
09-07-2005, 03:38 AM
Coz you know, "that's hot."

Golfnduck
09-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Noelle, your avatar is :haha: :sobbing:

Noelle
09-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Aw, thanks. It's all the rage in New York right now, Hrbaty's shirt. :devil:

Hopefully during indoor carpet season Andy gives me something to be positive about in my next avatar. I don't want to have to put other players in it because I have no material. :p

Havok
09-08-2005, 02:06 AM
Nice reference to a John Mayer song Skyler :hatoff:. One of my many faves from him actually.

I expect andy to play somewhat of a full euro indoor schedule (both TMS events and a couple of regular ones). For someonw with an incredible grass game/record since the summer of 2003, his indoor results haven't been nearly as good :(. Pick it up Andy. I want to see some rapings being handed out, as well as you finding your POWER game, do you remember that or are we just that retarded:retard:?

Winston's Human
09-08-2005, 05:36 PM
But to his credit he usually beats the players he is supposed to.

Hewitt is quite capable of his own "stinker" losses.

In Slams, Hewitt has lost to Karlovic (2003 Wimbledon), El Aynaoui (2003 Australian), and Alberto Martin (2002 Australian).

In Masters over the past five years, Hewitt has lost to Santoro, Pavel (twice), Schuettler, Chela, Clavet (twice), Gonzalez, Mantilla (on hard court), Arazi, Portas and Gambill.

All of the top players (except maybe Roger) are capable of stinking up the joint from time to time.

Fumus
09-12-2005, 06:04 PM
So Andy is not doing Bangkok, is there any other indoors that he is doing besides the two masters?

Winston's Human
09-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Andy is scheduled to play Lyon the week between Madrid and Paris.

This may be a smart move since Federer and Nadal will be playing Basel and Safin will probably play St. Petersburg that same week.

bavaria100
09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
This sucks and Andy definitely needs to rectify it and pull a big title and stuff.... but. Hewitt has not won a big title for nearly THREE years (indian wells 2003, I believe?)... but it's funny, I haven't seen much blasting of him for that. Interesting. :)

I didnīt meant to criticise Andy and Iīm sorry if it might sounded that way. But I think that he wanted to achieve more when he changed his coach. He has won 4 titles this year, but all of them were small ones (Queens was the biggest title if Iīm right). Well, Lleyton is a different player. If I remember correctly, he didnīt even win that many big titles when he was number 1 (in 2001 he won the US Open and I think the Masters Cup, but no TMS tourney). I think the people donīt criticise him that much because of his consistency (finals in IW this year and semis in Cincy, although he only played 3 (?) TMS tournaments this year while Andy lost 3 times in the opening round).

blosson
09-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Just a correction, Lleyton won TMC twice, in 2001 and 2002. He's got the Wimbledon 2002 title too.

bavaria100
09-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Just a correction, Lleyton won TMC twice, in 2001 and 2002. He's got the Wimbledon 2002 title too.

I know that, but I wanted to point out that Lleyton didnīt win that many big titles per year when he dominated.

He only won 2 or maybe 3 big titles per year when he was number 1, but Roger wins 2 GS and 3 or 4 TMS titles in one year.

If I remember correctly, Lleyton won his first TMS title during the summer hardcourt season in 2002. He wasnīt the number 1 player because of his many big tournament wins, but because of his unbelievable consistency (I think he reached 3 TMS semis and 1 final in 2001, but Iīm not sure).

blosson
09-12-2005, 10:03 PM
He won a slam in each of the years, that's a big as you can get if you're not Roger. I'm sure Andy would be happy in just winning a slam a year too.

bavaria100
09-12-2005, 10:10 PM
He won a slam in each of the years, that's a big as you can get if you're not Roger. I'm sure Andy would be happy in just winning a slam a year too.

I also think that Andy would be happy if he would achieve that. But maybe the press doesnīt criticise Lleyton that much, because he always was more of a consistent player who would go very far in every tourney he entered, without winning letīs say 4 big titles per year. Lleyton hasnīt lost his consistency, while Andyīs results are full off ups and downs (finals in Cincy, first round loss at the US Open). But maybe the australian press isnīt as bad as the american press. I donīt know because I donīt read australian newspapers.

blosson
09-12-2005, 10:20 PM
oh my you have Ayrton Senna in your sig, aww.

Deboogle!.
09-12-2005, 11:58 PM
I also think that Andy would be happy if he would achieve that. But maybe the press doesnīt criticise Lleyton that much, because he always was more of a consistent player who would go very far in every tourney he entered, without winning letīs say 4 big titles per year. Lleyton hasnīt lost his consistency, while Andyīs results are full off ups and downs (finals in Cincy, first round loss at the US Open). But maybe the australian press isnīt as bad as the american press. I donīt know because I donīt read australian newspapers.The Australian press can get pretty harsh, but not in the same way. They're more intrusive, I thinkg, but I haven't seen much when he loses early or loses badly or something. I dunno, I don't read about Lleyton if I can help it :p

The thing is, Andy wasn't this inconsistent until the past few months. Even earlier this year he did not lose early. His first early loss was Miami and that was an injury retirement. After that he didn't have an early loss until clay (which he will always have, unfortunately) and after that not until Montreal. I wouldn't say his results are that inconsistent, it's just that a lot of the losses Andy has had this year, he could've (and many of them should've) won, so it makes it seem worse. It's not like hewitt hasn't had his fair share of really random shock early losses.

williaer
09-13-2005, 08:09 AM
i find the aussie press to either:

a) pretend as though lleyton never played (and therefore never lost)
b) start making excuses for lleyton's performance

the american press just bags the hell outta andy/james/whoever lost.

that's what i find anyway

Deboogle!.
09-13-2005, 02:14 PM
interesting. Thanks Ellen :hug:

Neely
09-13-2005, 02:33 PM
What was his record last year? I know he was doing well and then he lost to Max, he beat Safin indoors...who in my opinion is the best indoor player.
Beating Safin in Paris would be a measure because Safin always plays so well there.

Overall, Andy by far has not yet reached what he is capable to do in these European Indoor Masters. I think he didn't make a final yet, let alone a win.

Deboogle!.
09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Overall, Andy by far has not yet reached what he is capable to do in these European Indoor Masters. I think he didn't make a final yet, let alone a win.Yeah, that's correct. He's never done well in Madrid for some strange reason and he made the Semis in Paris a couple years ago but lost to Henman in two tough TBs :( He can certainly do better this year.

fangirl
09-13-2005, 03:05 PM
i find the aussie press to either:

a) pretend as though lleyton never played (and therefore never lost)
b) start making excuses for lleyton's performance

the american press just bags the hell outta andy/james/whoever lost.

that's what i find anyway

DSJDSADSAKDSK YOU ARE BACK!

I had to change my MSN because of mean hackers, so I will have to readd you so I can say 'you poor dear' to you for a couple of hours ;)

On a side note, well, actually, it was the whole reason of making a post until i saw Ellen and squeeled, I lauged at seeing Andy Roddick and Champion tennis player in the same sentence. Hard.

athena_wu
09-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Com'on Dear!!! :bounce:
You had never played great in this season. :o
Now it's a chance to enjoy the indoor tourney this year. :rolleyes:

Andy must get enough scores in these matches so that he can get qualified to TMC. I'm waiting for him in Shanghai. :rocker2: :apumpkin:

bavaria100
09-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Com'on Dear!!! :bounce:
You had never played great in this season. :o
Now it's a chance to enjoy the indoor tourney this year. :rolleyes:

Andy must get enough scores in these matches so that he can get qualified to TMC. I'm waiting for him in Shanghai. :rocker2: :apumpkin:

I donīt think that Andy has to worry about that. He has a very large gap to the other players and Iīm sure that heīll end the year at least in the top 4.

I wonder, why he wasnīt able to achieve at least one title during the european indoor season. But I think in general, he hasnīt had that much success in Europe (well, except for the grass court season, a title in St. Poelten and a semi in Paris and Rome). Thatīs nothing compared to his achievements in north america. I wonder how his european win/loss record looks like. :scratch:

Deboogle!.
09-13-2005, 09:23 PM
I wonder, why he wasnīt able to achieve at least one title during the european indoor season. But I think in general, he hasnīt had that much success in Europe (well, except for the grass court season, a title in St. Poelten and a semi in Paris and Rome). Thatīs nothing compared to his achievements in north america. I wonder how his european win/loss record looks like. :scratch:I think the problem with the indoor season is that it also comes directly after the summer US HC season and usually a davis cup tie. So you also have the fact that Andy has expended a TON of energy to do well in the summer HC season and DC and the USO and by the time the indoor season comes around, he's tired. That's for sure what happened in 2003 - when he had a real shot at winning Paris. So this year, he hasn't played nearly as much so hopefully he will have more energy. We'll see what happens.

blosson
09-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Don't forget Andy spent a lot of energy at the world suite in Vegas. He must be tired.

Deboogle!.
09-13-2005, 09:34 PM
yea, that Real World suite is ....... :eek:

williaer
09-13-2005, 09:35 PM
DSJDSADSAKDSK YOU ARE BACK!

I had to change my MSN because of mean hackers, so I will have to readd you so I can say 'you poor dear' to you for a couple of hours ;)

On a side note, well, actually, it was the whole reason of making a post until i saw Ellen and squeeled, I lauged at seeing Andy Roddick and Champion tennis player in the same sentence. Hard.

KELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

hi!!
so, your hotmail has changed? pm me your new addy so i can add you again!

blosson
09-13-2005, 09:55 PM
yea, that Real World suite is ....... :eek:

yeah :lol: check the "virtual tour" of this particular suite :cool: as you can see a lot of energy has been spent there...

Las Vegas was the city, but The Palms was the real home to MTV's Real World cast and crew in 2002. The Palms demolished 6 rooms on the 28th floor to create the first of it's kind, a "Real World" suite.

The 2,900 square-foot suite includes 3 bedrooms and a communal bathroom with 2 shower stalls, 2 bathroom stalls and 3 neon lit wash basins. The suite has the only full, working kitchen in a hotel suite in Las Vegas and also includes a bar - a first for a Real World house.

http://www.palms.com/flash/index.html

Deboogle!.
09-13-2005, 10:00 PM
as you can see a lot of energy has been spent there...indeed. I remember when the show was on and I just thought that suite was THE greatest thing ever :lol: Their houses always kick ass and each one outdoes the ones that came before it, but that suite at the Palms was just amazing.

Deboogle!.
09-15-2005, 02:41 PM
He'd been advertised at the site earlier this year but Andy officially entered Lyon this year, it's in between Madrid and Paris. He's never played before but the field is really strong.... with all the good French guys, and some other people who are really good indoors like Soderling, Ancic, Taylor, Ollie, etc.

superpinkone37
09-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Good. He better win it. :)

Thanks for the info, Deb :kiss:

MissFairy
09-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Yay for entering Lyon, with the tough competition it sounds like a good tournament to go deep into. Did i say deep? I meant, WIN. Yes, Andy, that means winning your first round.

Merci beaucoup, Deb (:

guida
09-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Yes, Andy, that means winning your first round.

If that's not too much to ask... :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Yay for entering Lyon, with the tough competition it sounds like a good tournament to go deep into. Did i say deep? I meant, WIN. Yes, Andy, that means winning your first round.

Merci beaucoup, Deb (::haha: :haha: :haha: you are too much, medear.

Golfnduck
09-17-2005, 04:35 AM
I'm expecting a great indoor season from Andy. He should have enough energy saved up.

Deboogle!.
09-17-2005, 04:49 AM
Yes, well.... "expecting" and "Should"...... kind of the story of Andy's year for us, huh? :p

athena_wu
09-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Lyon, a new tourney for Andy. Just go to win.
Hope he can give us some fresh thing in this season.

Fumus
09-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Well, I hope Andy won't be lyon down for anyone.

superpinkone37
09-20-2005, 02:01 PM
really, now. You could have done WAY better than that. ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
09-20-2005, 02:27 PM
i'm not usure he could have. :lol: ;)

blosson
10-02-2005, 08:39 PM
This forum is so blah when Andy is not playing tennis.
Anyhow just an article related to Madrid AMS to keep indoor tennis going. I'm sure Andy wanna be in ONE of these specially model catered matches of the day.

Ball girls: third and last casting of the models

The third casting of the models who apply for being Ball Girls in the Masters Series Madrid was today.
30 girls will be chosen to participate in only one match of each day.
The ball boys and girls team has also 64 children who will participate in the ot

Madrid, 1st of September, 2005 – With this casting, the third one, the ball girls who will participate in the fourth edition of the Masters Series Madrid will be chosen. The tournament organization and Hugo Boss use for a second year this original initiative. The chosen models will start to be trained the first week of October.

The other two casings took place in July and August. Among the three castings, 30 girls will be chosen for being the ball girls in only one match of each tournament day.
The models will participate in only 8 matches of the 81 that will be played during the Masters Series Madrid.

The children will participate in the rest of the match, as they have been doing in the past tournaments. The Masters Series Madrid has a total of 64 ball boys and girls. This year for the first time, an opportunity was given to new children to perform this job. The ones who attended to the Manolo Sanatana Sport Center (Boadilla del Monte) received a training course. Then, they could perform everything they have learned in the Prior tournament of the Prior Phase of the Masters Series Madrid, in which the winner has received an invitation to participate in the prior phase of the October tournament.
The best have been chosen to be part of the ball boys and girls team of the Masters Series Madrid.

Each time remains less time to enjoy of one of the nine Masters Series of the ATP circuit. Andre Agassi (2002), Juan Carlos Ferrero (2003) and Marat Safin (2004) are the illustrious champions of the previous editions. The best tennis players of the world will try this year to add their name to this list. The Masters Series Madrid counts with the support of the Ayuntamiento of Madrid besides of Mercedes Benz, Telefónica, Prosegur, NH Hoteles, Air Europa, Rolex, Ricoh, Lacoste, Indesit, ISS, Master Cadena, Hugo Boss, Quijote, Schweppes, Adecco, Mahou, Vocento, ABC, Marca, Penn and Waterford Cristal.

nobama
10-02-2005, 08:44 PM
This sucks and Andy definitely needs to rectify it and pull a big title and stuff.... but. Hewitt has not won a big title for nearly THREE years (indian wells 2003, I believe?)... but it's funny, I haven't seen much blasting of him for that. Interesting. :)Well Andy won Miami in 2004 and made the finals of Wimbledon in 2004 and 2005. Also made the semis of AO this year. Nothing wrong with that. And as Lleyton Hewitt said after his semi-final loss at Wimbledon this year - there's no shame in losing to Roger.

Deboogle!.
10-02-2005, 08:45 PM
sure, but Lleyton still thinks of himself as the 2nd best player in the world :lol:

Plus I can only speak for myself but I'm not disappointed in the losses to roger. I'm disappointed in the loss to Verdasco in Rome when he had 3 MPs and served for it, I'm disappointed by the AO loss when he just totally blew it and the loss at RG when he blew it even more and the USO when he perhaps blew it the worst of all and Indy where he also blew it and the list goes on. It's the ones that he SHOULD've won that are disappointing, not the ones where he did what he could and still lost.

Jennay
10-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Please get some confidence and win one of the Masters Series or Lyon, kthxbye. :yeah:

guida
10-02-2005, 10:31 PM
sure, but Lleyton still thinks of himself as the 2nd best player in the world :lol:

Plus I can only speak for myself but I'm not disappointed in the losses to roger. I'm disappointed in the loss to Verdasco in Rome when he had 3 MPs and served for it, I'm disappointed by the AO loss when he just totally blew it and the loss at RG when he blew it even more and the USO when he perhaps blew it the worst of all and Indy where he also blew it and the list goes on. It's the ones that he SHOULD've won that are disappointing, not the ones where he did what he could and still lost.

You're speaking for myself too... ;) I agree with every word. :hug:

renee_chin
10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Well Andy won Miami in 2004 and made the finals of Wimbledon in 2004 and 2005. Also made the semis of AO this year. Nothing wrong with that. And as Lleyton Hewitt said after his semi-final loss at Wimbledon this year - there's no shame in losing to Roger.

Lleyton Hewitt - he's just pissed he didn't get to play Roger in the finals... And didn't he say he knew how to beat Roger before that semi-finals, and sang a different tune after the match?! Nothing too surprising there...

Yes - there may be no shame in losing to Roger :o BUT it's certainly getting very annoying... :sad:

Winston's Human
10-03-2005, 01:25 AM

Deb:

I think you speak for most of us with these comments. Andy's losses in matches where he had at one point led and should have won are far more disappointing than matches where Andy lost to Roger playing his heart out.

Deboogle!.
10-03-2005, 01:33 AM
Deb:

I think you speak for most of us with these comments. Well, I thought so, but hey I didn't want to actually speak for everyone else ;)

acoffeygirl
10-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Deb can always speak for us!! :)

simpletennis
10-03-2005, 02:05 AM
lleyton's not the 2nd best!! he got beat by a spanish 19 yr old!!

Noelle
10-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Wahoo! Glad to see this thread's been bumped up. I don't want Andy's year to be a total washout, no no no. It would be a very nice consolation prize for Andy to win two indoor Masters Series titles back-to-back like Marat did last year. :p

CARPET BURN IS HOTT, ANDY!

Fumus
10-03-2005, 03:18 AM
Europe is like Andy's kryptonite, well except the UK....that doesn't count...he really should make something happen in doors. Perhaps a late but timely first masters of the year would be good.

Deboogle!.
10-03-2005, 03:21 AM
there's no perhaps about it, my dear fumigator!

J. Corwin
10-03-2005, 03:42 AM
Deb can always speak for us!! :)

Deb is my lawyer, she can always speak for me! ;)

I'll nod and smile when being read the Miranda rights, I don't need to speak at all...

I'll just pull out my Deb card...BAM! :cool:

Noelle
10-03-2005, 03:44 AM
I thought clay was Andy's kryptonite, but he's won a title or two on it, so... :p

J. Corwin
10-03-2005, 03:45 AM
Andy's kryptonite bag has been quite heavy lately. :o Just like Lleyton's bagel tin can. :lick:

acoffeygirl
10-03-2005, 03:46 AM

I'll nod and smile when being read the Miranda rights, I don't need to speak at all...

I'll just pull out my Deb card...BAM! :cool:

What are you being arrested for? hmmmmmm :p

Deboogle!.
10-03-2005, 03:48 AM

I'll just pull out my Deb card...BAM! :cool:HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA :spit:Just like Lleyton's bagel tin can. holyCRAPDEATH.

J. Corwin
10-03-2005, 04:09 AM
What are you being arrested for? hmmmmmm :p

For supplying underage lushes :angel:

simpletennis
10-03-2005, 04:21 AM
what're lushes?

acoffeygirl
10-03-2005, 04:28 AM
For supplying underage lushes :angel:

I thought I was the only lush you supplied? :sad:

J. Corwin
10-03-2005, 04:28 AM
what're lushes?

People who :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

and...

wait for it...

wait for it...

:drink:

simpletennis
10-03-2005, 04:46 AM
oh, you see i didn't know that!

Dirk
10-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Andy should win Metz.

surfpinky
10-03-2005, 01:36 PM
People who :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

and...

wait for it...

wait for it...

and I waited for it.
:drink::drink::drink:

Noelle
10-03-2005, 01:40 PM

Damn, Andy needs to begin playing soon... :p

Deboogle!.
10-03-2005, 02:19 PM
and I waited for it.
:drink::drink::drink:you so did not wait for it, you jumped right in!

partygirl
10-03-2005, 02:39 PM

Damn, Andy needs to begin playing soon... :p

WERE WAITING... :tennis: :boxing: :tennis: :armed:if we could watch a practice session or something, maybe that would help:tennis: :devil:

Deboogle!.
10-03-2005, 02:46 PM
2 more weeks, Noelle :sobbing:

but hey, this will be the first time maybe ever that he'll be well-rested for these few fall tourneys. No excuses this time.

Fumus
10-03-2005, 03:16 PM
awww...peas.

Has Andy already flown over seas to get some practice on the indoor surface? Or is that just a dumb question.

Golfnduck
10-03-2005, 03:32 PM
I can't wait for Madrid, I really hope Andy does well. A win would be flippin' sweet :bounce:

Deboogle!.
10-03-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm sure he's just practicing indoors in Austin. Or maybe even outdoors.

Fumus
10-03-2005, 05:13 PM

Or he's not practicing anything...accept maybe his ball toss. :drink:

Winston's Human
10-03-2005, 05:40 PM

I hope Andy is practicing indoors. I was in Austin last week and the weather was absolutely miserable - 100+ degrees and high humidity.

acoffeygirl
10-03-2005, 05:42 PM
I just hope he is practicing...lol (I'm sure he is!)

partygirl
10-03-2005, 07:51 PM
id like to see this "so called" practice. -we want proof-

Fumus
10-03-2005, 07:58 PM
He's practicing indoors at the all the bars in Austin getting a jump on the off-season. :drink: :drink:

Fumus
10-03-2005, 08:00 PM
The funny part is, when I watched that my ride thing on CBS. I know they were out getting wasted like every night on that tour, you would see Andy in the morning he would be all hungover and he had those glasses on to cover up his eyes...

partygirl
10-03-2005, 08:21 PM
you would see Andy in the morning he would be all hungover and he had those glasses on to cover up his eyes...

i believe this is that look.....no?...minus the glasses.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65939
i had to bring it back :lol:

nobama
10-04-2005, 01:58 AM
So is it still possible for Andy to end the year at #2? Roger's already clinched #1 so he probably doesn't care much if he does well in Madrid or Paris, and he's playing in Basel whereas Andy is playing in Lyon. I don't see Rafa doing really well indoors/on carpet right now. And Lleyton and Marat seem to have lingering injury problems. I think Andy really has the opportunity to pick up points here. Let's hope he doesn't let it slip away!

Deboogle!.
10-04-2005, 02:03 AM
he has the opportunity to pick up points, yeah.. he's playing 3 events with the possibility to gain as many as 223 race points (his 5th best optional is already 22 points) - if he were to win all three titles (which we know he won't). Rafa is already over 250 points ahead of him so no, it is not mathematically possible for Andy to be #2 going into TMC even if Andy won all 3 tourneys and Rafa didn't play.

Now of course, there's still TMC which will be on a surface that would favor Andy over Rafa but Andy would have to do a lot better than Rafa.

So I suppose that if Andy puts in a really really solid three tourneys coming up and Rafa doesn't do great AND if Andy puts in a really really good TMC And Rafa doesn't.... it might be possible.....but..... I'd say for all intents and purposes no, Andy's best hope is for #3.

warmy
10-04-2005, 02:18 AM
Is it wrong that I don't really care what his ranking is?

I just want to see him win and give that sillysmile and hold up ugly trophies. And when he wins his second slam... I want to see CrybabieAndy again. :devil: :worship:

I'd also like to see him play AngryAssKickin' Tennis on the way. If that's not too much to ask. :rolleyes:

Noelle
10-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Yes, this is a huge opportunity for him to make up lost ground. Of course, that's what we said about Montreal as well. :p

Deboogle!.
10-04-2005, 02:23 AM
His ranking isn't that important except for when he meets other top players in big tourneys. That's basically only why I care.

That's also a function of ... if he's playing like we know he can and winning the matches he should win, his ranking will come along with that. I mean only when I think about all the matches this year when Andy was in a realistic position to win that he ended up losing.... I think that he'd either be #2 or a whole lot closer to it going into a season that favors him a lot, and it's just blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

warmy
10-04-2005, 02:31 AM
Yes, this is a huge opportunity for him to make up lost ground. Of course, that's what we said about Montreal as well. :p

I remember. Almost like beating Roger. :sobbing: It burns.

:hug: Aww Deb!

*Whistling*
Don't Worry.
Be Happy.

Noelle
10-04-2005, 02:42 AM
I wanna be deliriously happy like Andy in my avatar here.

I want Andy to be deliriously happy too. :p

simpletennis
10-04-2005, 03:02 AM
I wanna be deliriously happy like Andy in my avatar here.

I want Andy to be deliriously happy too. :p

haha. me too. and the only way he could do that is...WIN! or just play his heart out

superpinkone37
10-04-2005, 03:10 AM
well yes...but he needs to just win. kthanks. :p

partygirl
10-04-2005, 03:38 AM
I want to see CrybabieAndy again. :devil: :worship:

me. love. crybaby.

nobama
10-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Yes, this is a huge opportunity for him to make up lost ground. Of course, that's what we said about Montreal as well. :pDo you think he'll play both Madrid and Paris? Didn't he skip Madrid last year and then went out in the R16 in Paris? So lots to gain and he should be well rested and ready to go. Hopefully he won't be rusty ala Roger in Cincy. Because not to many people can play crap for pretty much a whole tournament and still win the thing.

Noelle
10-04-2005, 04:01 AM
Andy has no excuse not to play both TMS events, and yeah, he can't afford to play crap. I don't think anybody can except for Roger; it's not like he needs to win another tournament or two (or three or four or...) :ras:

Deboogle!.
10-04-2005, 04:07 AM
He was injured following Bangkok, though. That's why he pulled out of Madrid and Stockholm. He lost in his 2nd match at Paris, which was R16 yes. So yeah he should be fine and ready to go in a couple weeks. I mean in 2003 when he was DOGTIRED after the summer, he still played all three events - even making the semis in Basel and Paris and those two losses in the semis were extremely close (one 5-7 5-7 and one 6-7 6-7)... so I fully expect him to play all 3 tourneys.

Andy's pretty good about getting his feet under him pretty quickly after a long break. He had several weeks between the USO And DC and came out gangbusters in DC and he usually starts the season well after the off-season, so I'm not worried about that, as long as his head is there. that's his biggest problem lately.

Noelle
10-04-2005, 04:13 AM
:banana: Go Andy! :rocker2:

nobama
10-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Andy's ranked #3.....so that's a 50/50 chance of being on the same side of the draw as Roger? That hasn't happened yet this year has it?

Noelle
10-04-2005, 03:38 PM
No, it happened at Cincinnati and the US Open. :)

Deboogle!.
10-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Wait, huh? Andy wasn't in Roger's half in Cincy or the USO. I don't think he's been in his half all year - he's gotten muy lucky and that luck will surely run out soon.

Noelle
10-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh, I thought mirkaland meant the 50-50 chance. :)

Deboogle!.
10-04-2005, 03:49 PM
OH!! Yes, that is indeed true :p he's been in that position all year long since after the AO, except for Wimby when he was promoted up and RG where Lleyton wasn't there so he was #2 as well. IW, Miami, Canada, Cincy, USO, etc. Like I said, the luck will be running out soon.

Fumus
10-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Indoors noone can here you scream...muwhoahaha..

Jennay
10-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Montreal never happened.

blosson
10-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Indoors noone can here you scream...muwhoahaha..

Unless you are indoors with the person screaming

Fumus
10-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Unless you are indoors with the person screaming

Not if the person plugs their ears and says..."Shut up Andy...la-la-la-la...I can't hear you...la-lu-lu-na-na"

nkhera1
10-05-2005, 04:41 AM
How did Andy Roddick become a Champion Tennis player?

Deboogle!.
10-05-2005, 04:45 AM
How did Andy Roddick become a Champion Tennis player?Oh, this is an easy one come on now. He got lucky - all his opponents either choked or were injured. Tournaments fix both the draws and scheduling for him and if all else fails he just hires someone to bash people's legs in. I can't believe you didn't know this!!!!!

nkhera1
10-05-2005, 05:06 AM
Oh, this is an easy one come on now. He got lucky - all his opponents either choked or were injured. Tournaments fix both the draws and scheduling for him and if all else fails he just hires someone to bash people's legs in. I can't believe you didn't know this!!!!!

But to be a champion don't you need to win the big events every once in awhile (which I'm hoping happens really soon)? Because saying tennis champion assumes that Roddick is one of the top players (well he is but he isn't at Fed's level)

Noelle
10-05-2005, 05:07 AM
:ras:

renee_chin
10-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Oh, this is an easy one come on now. He got lucky - all his opponents either choked or were injured. Tournaments fix both the draws and scheduling for him and if all else fails he just hires someone to bash people's legs in. I can't believe you didn't know this!!!!!

OMG, Deb... :worship:

Deboogle!.
10-05-2005, 05:13 AM
OMG, Deb... :worship::angel:But to be a champion don't you need to win the big events every once in awhile (which I'm hoping happens really soon)? Because saying tennis champion assumes that Roddick is one of the top players (well he is but he isn't at Fed's level)lol, I was kidding. I mean, Andy has won 3 Masters titles and a slam and a ton of other titles and hasn't won fewer than 4 titles in one season for a long time. He goes deep into a lot of tourneys and performs valiantly for his country in Davis Cup. Sure, he's in a mental rut right now and had big chances to win tournaments where he lost matches that he could've and perhaps should've won. But to say he's not a champion is almost as bad as the guy who called him a bad citizen.

nkhera1
10-05-2005, 05:15 AM
:angel:lol, I was kidding. I mean, Andy has won 3 Masters titles and a slam and a ton of other titles and hasn't won fewer than 4 titles in one season for a long time. He goes deep into a lot of tourneys and performs valiantly for his country in Davis Cup. Sure, he's in a mental rut right now and had big chances to win tournaments where he lost matches that he could've and perhaps should've won. But to say he's not a champion is almost as bad as the guy who called him a bad citizen.

Who called him a bad citizen? Maybe you have a different understanding of tennis champion then I do.

Deboogle!.
10-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Some guy in some article I posted in the articles thread. Pretty silly stuff, actually.

the phrase "tennis champion" is a rather subjective one, no? I think being in the top 10 for 4 years straight and top 5 for 3 years straight is pretty champion-esque, I think averaging over 4 titles a year for all the full years he's been on the tour is champion-esque, I think the match he played against Rochus a couple weeks ago is arguably in and of itself champion-esque because I don't think non-champions can fight and battle and win a match like that in those kinds of conditions.

Could he do even better? Of course. Could he win more big tournaments? Mmhmmm. Does he have a mental problem right now that's keeping him from consistently performing his best? No doubt about it. Does that make him a non-champion? Not in my opinion, and I think I can be about as tough on him as they come.

Noelle
10-05-2005, 05:24 AM
nkhera1, Deb was referring to that horrible article Jerry Magee wrote in the San Diego Union Tribune.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20051004-9999-lz1s4roddick.html

In case you're interested, I have a short reply I emailed back to him and I posted it in the articles thread. :devil: :angel:

Golfnduck
10-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Good article, finally Andy is getting some praise.

partygirl
10-05-2005, 04:08 PM
winners, win.....champions, win.....andy,wins....andy= champion
<-----check my av

Golfnduck
10-05-2005, 04:15 PM
I like your avatar partygirl :yeah: Very cool.

tangerine_dream
10-05-2005, 05:01 PM
This Jerry McIdiot needs to shut up:

Davis Cup protocol calls for any grievances concerning on-the-court matters to be lodged not by a player but by a competing nation's captain. Roddick, however, had plenty to say while he was outlasting Olivier Rochus and gaining the decisive point for the U.S. during its recent tie in Belgium.

Suggested one person in the tennis community: "Why doesn't he shut up and play tennis?"

Notice that Jerry McIdiot did not even show us what exactly Andy said or did that annoyed his friend. This passes as journalism now? :rolleyes:

I've watched the Rochus match three times now and I still can't find anything that Andy said or did to deserve such attacks on him. Other than him yelling at the Belgium coach for encouraging the crowd to boo him, Andy's behavior was beyond reproach, especially during that controversial linecall where he smartly keep his mouth shut and stayed out of the whole thing.

Deboogle!.
10-05-2005, 05:04 PM
He didn't, tangy. That "article" can hardly be called "journalism" - you should read Noelle's reply in the DC thread... it was good stuff :D

Fumus
10-05-2005, 05:47 PM
What?

Andy's not a champion tennis player, "The Great Indoors" is his movie...he's only playing the part of a champion, haven't you seen him in all those lexus commericals he's a great actor. Just don't let it fool you because in real life he's just a beer receptical.

blosson
10-05-2005, 05:53 PM
This Jerry McIdiot needs to shut up:

Davis Cup protocol calls for any grievances concerning on-the-court matters to be lodged not by a player but by a competing nation's captain. Roddick, however, had plenty to say while he was outlasting Olivier Rochus and gaining the decisive point for the U.S. during its recent tie in Belgium.

Suggested one person in the tennis community: "Why doesn't he shut up and play tennis?"

Notice that Jerry McIdiot did not even show us what exactly Andy said or did that annoyed his friend. This passes as journalism now? :rolleyes:

I've watched the Rochus match three times now and I still can't find anything that Andy said or did to deserve such attacks on him. Other than him yelling at the Belgium coach for encouraging the crowd to boo him, Andy's behavior was beyond reproach, especially during that controversial linecall where he smartly keep his mouth shut and stayed out of the whole thing.

You could send a link to that DC clip you made so Jerry Mc can see it for himself and even suggest he should write another article apologising for the mistake :p

Black Adam
10-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Or he's not practicing anything...accept maybe his ball toss. :drink:
I don't get what's wrong with his ball toss :shrug:

Fumus
10-05-2005, 06:22 PM
I don't get what's wrong with his ball toss :shrug:

Oh nuthin'...it's kinda similar to the motion he will be using to toss back that happy juice in Austin.

surfpinky
10-05-2005, 06:24 PM
a cheer for andy.
*ahem* *clears throat* *gargles water* *spits*

andy andy bo bandy
banana fanna fo fandy
fee fy mo mandy, ANDY!

Noelle
10-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Andy's not a champion tennis player, "The Great Indoors" is his movie...he's only playing the part of a champion, haven't you seen him in all those lexus commericals he's a great actor. Just don't let it fool you because in real life he's just a beer receptical.
:haha: :rolls:

simpletennis
10-06-2005, 05:21 AM
a cheer for andy.
*ahem* *clears throat* *gargles water* *spits*

andy andy bo bandy
banana fanna fo fandy
fee fy mo mandy, ANDY!

:haha: great cheer

Breakaway
10-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Go Andy! :)

Where does he play next? Yes I have been a bad fan lately :sad:

acoffeygirl
10-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Masters Series Madrid...October 16

nkhera1
10-07-2005, 02:32 AM
nkhera1, Deb was referring to that horrible article Jerry Magee wrote in the San Diego Union Tribune.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20051004-9999-lz1s4roddick.html

In case you're interested, I have a short reply I emailed back to him and I posted it in the articles thread. :devil: :angel:

What did you reply?

Carito_90
10-07-2005, 02:34 AM
The lack of good tourneys is killing me :sobbing:

simpletennis
10-07-2005, 03:58 AM
The lack of good tourneys is killing me :sobbing:

it's ok, you'll be ok. madrid is coming up, andy'll be playing soon!

Carito_90
10-07-2005, 04:03 AM
Hopefully.

Noelle
10-07-2005, 06:37 AM
For nkhera1, here were my replies to Jerry McGee.

Rough draft (which I didn't send :p ): http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2431356&postcount=2427

Final draft: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2431439&postcount=2429

Black Adam
10-07-2005, 06:33 PM

Rough draft (which I didn't send :p ): http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2431356&postcount=2427

Final draft: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2431439&postcount=2429
:yeah: hope he gets the message. Nice article you wrote :worship:

Deboogle!.
10-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Too bad Andy's not playing Vienna next week. For a tourney with big points, the field is pretty weak in terms of high-ranked good indoor players.

nkhera1
10-08-2005, 05:47 PM

Nice reply. :worship:

Iheartandy&roger
10-09-2005, 06:13 AM
I'm tired of people giving Andy a hard time but we'll see who has the last laugh... :devil:

acoffeygirl
10-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Andy finally plays next week, and I won't be able to follow any of it...except maybe Thursday....Boo!

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Play also starts at 2:30am (actually 2:26 if you wanna get technical) our time, at least on the first day, as they've been advertising on TTC..... :o

acoffeygirl
10-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Sheesh! Well I guess I wouldn't have been following it anyway. Well, maybe not following the matches will better for my health! :lol:

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Probably!

acoffeygirl
10-09-2005, 11:20 PM
The stinky part is that Monday and Tuesday I'll be in Chicago and it is highly unlikely I'll have any internet access....so I'll have to figure out a way to find out results!

PinkFeatherBoa
10-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Woo, at least I have 3 weekdays off during Madrid. Tennis where I won't have to stay up all night. Woot.

*moves to permanent home in front of the TV* I usually have a camp set up downstairs, during the Aussie, keeps me up the whole night. |:

acoffeygirl
10-09-2005, 11:22 PM
:lol: Jenny!! Well I'm glad you'll get to enjoy it!

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 11:22 PM
LOL Jenny. Lucky you :p

Amber can your phone get txt messages?

acoffeygirl
10-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Yep it can!!!

surfpinky
|:

Deboogle!.
There we go then, that was an easy solution;)

Why the |:, Nattilicious?

acoffeygirl
10-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Sweet!! You were already my hero....but now even more! You still have my number?

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Um, no :sobbing: I must not have ever had it, or I would've programmed it into my phone.

PM it to me before you leave :p

surfpinky
10-09-2005, 11:26 PM
There we go then, that was an easy solution;)

Why the |:, Nattilicious?
jenny did the |:, I can't resist a good |:
:kiss:

|:
|:
|:
|:

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 11:26 PM
oh :lol:

surfpinky
10-09-2005, 11:29 PM
:]

acoffeygirl
10-09-2005, 11:29 PM
OK Deb...I sent it. I didn't want to forget! :)

PinkFeatherBoa
10-09-2005, 11:34 PM
jenny did the |:, I can't resist a good |:

|:
|:
|:
|:

It's |: tastic.

am&a
10-09-2005, 11:37 PM
|:

surfpinky
10-09-2005, 11:37 PM
|:

PinkFeatherBoa
10-09-2005, 11:38 PM
|:

Yes Amanda, |:.

surfpinky
10-09-2005, 11:39 PM
|: .

blosson
10-09-2005, 11:41 PM
|::|

PinkFeatherBoa
10-09-2005, 11:42 PM
.|: :|.

am&a
10-09-2005, 11:48 PM
that just blew my mind. |:

surfpinky
10-09-2005, 11:50 PM
woah.
|-----------------------:

PinkFeatherBoa
10-09-2005, 11:51 PM
woah.
|-----------------------:

that was the perfect way to show amanda's mind blowing. you can see it lifting off.

|:

surfpinky
10-09-2005, 11:52 PM
heeeeeee.

|::

J. Corwin
10-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Play also starts at 2:30am (actually 2:26 if you wanna get technical) our time, at least on the first day, as they've been advertising on TTC..... :o

This is perfect for me when I get TTC! ;)

naw just kidding :lol:

am&a
10-09-2005, 11:57 PM
|::are you calling me four-eyes? |:

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 11:57 PM
This is perfect for me when I get TTC! ;)

naw just kidding :lol:you are not kidding! :haha:

surfpinky
10-09-2005, 11:58 PM
are you calling me four-eyes? |:
are you calling me calling you four-eyes? |:

|:
|:
|:
:|:
":|:|
"
SA}d;

PinkFeatherBoa
10-09-2005, 11:59 PM
are you calling me calling you four-eyes? |:

|:
|:
|:
:|:
":|:|
"
SA}d;

that is so |: tastic, i have to give it the pfb |: seal of approval.

.|::|.

surfpinky
10-10-2005, 12:05 AM
quack. \;
|:

PinkFeatherBoa
10-10-2005, 12:10 AM
quack. \;
|:

um, baah?

|:|:|:\:

surfpinky
10-10-2005, 12:11 AM
quack qua qua, quack ack qu a ck quack!
|:

PinkFeatherBoa
10-10-2005, 12:20 AM
quack qua qua, quack ack qu a ck quack!
|:

andy must be so proud to have fans, who know how to quack, baa and moo, all whilst supporting him. d:

|:

surfpinky
10-10-2005, 12:21 AM
|:
my head hurts ): .

PinkFeatherBoa
10-10-2005, 12:27 AM
|:
my head hurts ): .

pfb replaces nat's head, with a better one. (:

:hug:

surfpinky
10-10-2005, 12:29 AM
fanks.
but it still hurts ): .

PinkFeatherBoa
10-10-2005, 12:33 AM
fanks.
but it still hurts ): .

): are you still doing homework, nat?

surfpinky
10-10-2005, 12:37 AM
I haven't started. ):
):

edited.

am&a
10-10-2005, 12:41 AM
boo horizontal scroll.

surfpinky
10-10-2005, 12:45 AM
sorry ):
how come it doesn't word-wrap it for you? ):
I left spaces. ):

PinkFeatherBoa
10-10-2005, 12:48 AM
it didn't word-wrap here either, nat. ):

boo hiss boo hiss boo

|:

am&a
10-10-2005, 12:51 AM
maybe you should edit it... hint hint. d:

surfpinky
10-10-2005, 12:55 AM
ok

oh my fuck. I can't find my homework from last chapter and I'M SURE AS HELL SHE'LL BE COLLECTING IT TOMORROW
omc omc omc omc I;m about to burst into tears.
:crying2:

PinkFeatherBoa
10-10-2005, 12:59 AM
ok

oh my fuck. I can't find my homework from last chapter and I'M SURE AS HELL SHE'LL BE COLLECTING IT TOMORROW
omc omc omc omc I;m about to burst into tears.
:crying2:

awww no nat. ): no tears, in the presence of lord carlos, for he is everywhere. he will guide you to the homework, i'm sure. :hug:

surfpinky
10-10-2005, 01:00 AM
:crying2: :scared: :crying2:

PinkFeatherBoa
10-10-2005, 01:03 AM
:crying2: :scared: :crying2:

keep looking. it can't have got far. |:

under the bed? in the cooker? with the dirty clothes? in the sink? down the loo?

where it is, think.

surfpinky
10-10-2005, 01:10 AM
I FOUND IT!! UNDER THE BED!!!
*breathes*
fankssss jenny :hug:

PinkFeatherBoa
10-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I FOUND IT!! UNDER THE BED!!!
*breathes*
fankssss jenny :hug:

i can't believe i knew where it was.

you're very welcome. :kiss:

surfpinky
10-10-2005, 01:27 AM
i can't believe i knew where it was.

you're very welcome. :kiss:

Havok
10-10-2005, 02:06 AM
:retard:|:.

Deboogle!.
10-10-2005, 02:10 AM
:retard:|:.You are my hero.

tangerine_dream
10-10-2005, 04:14 AM
:retard:|:.
Is this braille?

tangerine_dream
10-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Why isn't Andy playing Stockholm? That's a decent draw over there and he might've/could've had a good chance to grab a fifth title this year.

blosson
10-10-2005, 10:55 PM
1) aversion to Europe (apart from England, of course)
2) having too much of a good time in bars around Austin
3) nice boat, nice lake
4) Europe is getting cold
5) cool pool table
6) cheeky pool balls
7) Texas steak
8) Texan girls
9) party poker
10) sport center

shall we keep going? :D

Deboogle!.
10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Vienna's draw is even weaker and worth more points. That's the one I wish he were playing.

But honestly, he has to do so well in these optional events to pick up any points, a rest is probably better for him right now than playing. He'll be fine for Madrid, I'm not worried about him being too rusty, and I'd rather him get to Madrid fresh and eager actually. So nah, I don't think it's too big a deal :)

nkhera1
10-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Why isn't Andy playing Stockholm? That's a decent draw over there and he might've/could've had a good chance to grab a fifth title this year.

The next week is the Madrid Masters Series and the week after that is the tournament he is playing in Lyon and after is the Paris Masters Series and I'm sure Roddick expects to go deep (hopefully win) in each tournament so he will probably be too worn out if he played 4 consecutive weeks. Plus after a week break there is the Series in Beijing. I just hope Roddick doesn't get too tired from that 3 week stretch.

BTW what is the difference between an AMS and a TMS?

Deboogle!.
10-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Plus shortly after that is the Paris Masters Series and after that the Finals in Beijing (not sure how much of time is inbetween). you mean the masters cup in Shanghai? It's like, 2 weeks, but Andy has an exhibition scheduled for right after Paris :o:o:o

BTW what is the difference between an AMS and a TMS.Nothing, they just changed the name from "Tennis Masters Series" to "ATP Masters Series" a while back.

renee_chin
10-11-2005, 01:36 AM
you mean the masters cup in Shanghai? It's like, 2 weeks, but Andy has an exhibition scheduled for right after Paris :o:o:o

Looks like he can't get enough of spending time flying all over the world :( :rolleyes:

Golfnduck
10-11-2005, 03:01 AM
1) aversion to Europe (apart from England, of course)
2) having too much of a good time in bars around Austin
3) nice boat, nice lake
4) Europe is getting cold
5) cool pool table
6) cheeky pool balls
7) Texas steak
8) Texan girls
9) party poker
10) sport center

shall we keep going? :D
LMFAO!!!! :haha: :sobbing:

Fumus
10-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Is Fed playing at both the indoor masters?

Dirk
10-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Fumus, yes Roger is playing at both of them. I doubt he will do well at both of them if he wins Basel then he will likely lose early so he can get ready for Cup.

Fumus
10-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Hopman cup is the dumbest thing ever. Safin goes there just because they have a casino in the tournement hotel.

Good maybe Andy can pickup a win over Federerererererererer and help his confidence. Afterall, Andy beat the best indoor player last year, indoors (Safin).

Dirk
10-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Andy needs a big title soon. He should have played Vienna. Lyon has a nice trophy though and if Andy doesn't win there then.....

Fumus
10-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Andy needs a big title soon. He should have played Vienna. Lyon has a nice trophy though and if Andy doesn't win there then.....

It doesn't matter, do you think he cares?

At this point in Andy's career it's all about the slams. Masters are nice but slams are what go in the books.

Dirk
10-11-2005, 02:03 PM
It doesn't matter, do you think he cares?

At this point in Andy's career it's all about the slams. Masters are nice but slams are what go in the books.

Fumus you are good joker but Andy is not at the point in his career when he can just care about winning slams and nothing else. Andy like everyone else wants to win as much as possible. He knows he needs a masters to really build himself up again.

Deboogle!.
10-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Ryan......

tangerine_dream
10-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Vienna's draw is even weaker and worth more points. That's the one I wish he were playing.
But honestly, he has to do so well in these optional events to pick up any points, a rest is probably better for him right now than playing. He'll be fine for Madrid, I'm not worried about him being too rusty, and I'd rather him get to Madrid fresh and eager actually. So nah, I don't think it's too big a deal :)
Maybe it's better for him right now. Take the rackets away a bit. After a while he's more anxious to start playing again.

I'm just salivating for Andy to get his revenge on FuckupBoy Gilles soon. 6-0 6-0. Come on! Bring it. :devil:

renee_chin
10-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Bagels! Yummy... :drool:

Fumus
10-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Add some swiss cheese to those bagels too, he's over due to eat some of that.

Golfnduck
10-11-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm just ready for Madrid to start. I'm sick of waiting. BRING ON ANDY!!!!

Fumus
10-11-2005, 05:13 PM
I was so excited about Madrid, I made an avatar for the indoor season.

Dirk
10-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Your avator is not up yet Fummy. I can't wait to see it. :)

Fumus
10-11-2005, 07:28 PM
It looks like this, I don't know why it hasn't shown up yet.

Deboogle!.
10-11-2005, 07:46 PM
MTF takes a while for new avs to show up, I love it Ryan :)

Corinna
10-11-2005, 07:51 PM
:wavey: good evening :)
i love your new avy :yeah: :)

i miss andy playing :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
10-11-2005, 08:00 PM
According to Alvarillo in the tourney forum (and I don't know how this information was acquired), Andy has already booked a practice session for Sunday. That better not mean he's arriving... like..... Saturday. :o :rolleyes: Many of the other top players will be arriving by Thursday it seems. And then Andy wonders why he has difficulty with the conditions and all that. :o :smash:

Fumus
10-11-2005, 08:02 PM
awww...thanks everybody..

Oh can anyone get that article off of tennisone.com about how Andy can beat Roger?

http:\\tennisone.com

Deboogle!.
10-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Summary was posted by Noelle in the Articles thread :)

Fumus
10-11-2005, 08:09 PM
awwww...sweet. I love everybody.

Yea Andy always shows up late. He'd skip the first week of a slam if he could...just play rnd 16 on..lol