Week 38: Szczecin (POLAND) inclu Wed Order of Play [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Week 38: Szczecin (POLAND) inclu Wed Order of Play

Pages : [1] 2

Action Jackson
09-01-2005, 05:31 PM
1 Sanguinetti, Davide ITA 59
2 Martin, Alberto ESP 61
3 Calleri, Agustin ARG 67
4 Zabaleta, Mariano ARG 72
5 Serra, Florent FRA 74
6 Hernandez, Oscar ESP 78
7 Sabau, Razvan ROM 82
8 Montanes, Albert ESP 86
9 Behrend, Tomas GER 89
10 Vanek, Jiri CZE 92
11 Almagro, Nicolas ESP 95
12 Starace, Potito ITA 100
13 Costa, Albert ESP 104
14 Mantilla, Felix ESP 105
15 Sanchez, David ESP 107
16 Tabara, Michal CZE 113
17 Di Mauro, Alessio ITA 115
18 Vicente, Fernando ESP 120
19 Portas, Albert ESP 124
20 Ulihrach, Bohdan CZE 127
21 Marach, Oliver AUT 129
22 Marin, Juan Antonio CRC 130
23 (SE)
24 (SE)
25 Matkowski, Marcin(WC)
26 Frystenberg, Mariusz(WC)
27 El Aynaoui, Younes(WC)
28 Kubot, Lubosz(WC)
29 (Q)
30 (Q)
31 (Q)
32 (Q)

Alternates
1. Labadze, Irakli GEO 143
2. Calatrava, Alex ESP 145
3. Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben ESP 147
4. Daniel, Marcos BRA 148
5. Brzezicki, Juan Pablo ARG 150
6. Navarro Pastor, Ivan ESP 154
7. Gicquel, Marc FRA 170
8. Guzman, Juan-Pablo ARG 171
9. Luzzi, Federico ITA 175
10. Gabashvili, Teimuraz RUS 177
11. Devilder, Nicolas FRA 178
12. Kubot, Lukasz POL 184
13. Luczak, Peter AUS 188
14. Berrer, Michael GER 192
15. Snobel, Pavel CZE 201

*Ljubica*
09-02-2005, 04:29 PM
It is certainly a wonderful line-up :)

Action Jackson
09-03-2005, 06:07 AM
Adam Chadaj should get a WC, but not likely, though I imagine some Polish players will get them.

It's a very good lineup for sure.

Nathaliia
09-03-2005, 08:02 PM
No, no, it's not as good as you think it will be. Mathieu and Chela cannot play because they're in the top 50 and they didn't receive any WC's. The organizators say they don't really know what's up with this Mathieu on the list (they didn't mention Chela because they didn't realize 50th position is the top 50 as well), so I asked if the WC will go to Mathieu then. They answered the WC is likely to go to Younes El Anayoui but they say anything is official so far. I confessed to be sadly surprised with lack of Chucho Acasuso or Gael Monfils, because I had thought they'd be the invited ones. And I added this tournament wouldn't have any real stars, while the average age of players would be around 28 - no one's really promising (last year there were eg. Wawrinka, Mónaco and Gasquet... many promising young players played in previous years, like Gaudio, Ferrero or Grosjean...) or in good shape (Sanguinetti seems to be in the best one). It sounded like they were inspired with the idea of talking to Chucho but ehhh somehow I'm a pessimist. And they had already talked to Monfils, he has some exhibition matches already set - unfortunately.

Other WC's are said to go to Matkowski / Fyrstenberg / Kubot.

I shouldn't say things like this as a person engaged in this tournament, but I'm allowed as a tennis fan: they could have contracted more attractive names around the same ranking, including Novak Djokovic for instance.

Action Jackson
09-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Top 50 players can play in Challengers that's just a myth, it's only the top 10 that can't play. Ljubicic played in Zagreb and Hrbaty played in Bratislava.

Nathaliia
09-04-2005, 10:46 AM
As far as I know they need a WC. However the rulebook says this event we're talking about can offer up to 4 WC's to players between 11 and 50. But you know, everything in the country I live in is so difficult to think over and do... They talk like they didn't know the rulebook at all. Thanks for encourage anyway :)

Nathaliia
09-05-2005, 10:06 PM
wild cards confirmed : Matkowski / Fyrstenberg / Kubot / El Aynaoui

Q official WC's: Urban / Olejniczak / Przysiezny / Panfil / Vinciguerra

I suppose Chela and Mathieu are really out.

smucav
09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Corrected entry list (8/30/05):

PEKAO OPEN 2005
SZCZECIN, POLAND
19 – 25 SEPTEMBER 2005
$ 125,000 + H CATEGORY (€ 106.250)
32 DRAW

PROMASTERS FOUNDATION COURTS
AL. WOJSKA POLSKIEGO 127
70 490 SZCZECIN
SURFACE: CLAY
BALL: TRETORN Z TOUR
PRIZE MONEY: USD
WEB SITE: www.pekaoopen@promasters.pl

OUT Sanguinetti, Davide ITA 59
2 Martin, Alberto ESP 61
3 Calleri, Agustin ARG 67
4 Zabaleta, Mariano ARG 72
5 Serra, Florent FRA 74
6 Hernandez, Oscar ESP 78
7 Sabau, Razvan ROM 82
8 Montanes, Albert ESP 86
9 Behrend, Tomas GER 89
10 Vanek, Jiri CZE 92
OUT Almagro, Nicolas ESP 95
OUT Starace, Potito ITA 100
OUT Costa, Albert ESP 104
OUT Mantilla, Felix ESP 105
OUT Sanchez, David ESP 107
OUT Tabara, Michal CZE 113
17 Di Mauro, Alessio ITA 115
18 Vicente, Fernando ESP 120
19 Portas, Albert ESP 124
OUT Ulihrach, Bohdan CZE 127
21 Marach, Oliver AUT 129
22 Marin, Juan Antonio CRC 130
23 (SE) Mirnegg, Marco AUT
24 (SE)
25 (WC) Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG
26 (WC) Fystenberg, Mariusz POL
27 (WC) Urban, Filip POL
28 (WC) Matkowski, Marcin POL
29 (Q) Trujillo-Soler, Gabriel ESP
30 (Q) Novak, David CZE
31 (Q) Poch-Gradin, Carles ESP
32 (Q) Olejniczak, Dawid POL

Alternates
IN Labadze, Irakli GEO 143
IN Calatrava, Alex ESP 145
IN Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben ESP 147
IN Daniel, Marcos BRA 148
OUT Brzezicki, Juan Pablo ARG 150
IN Navarro Pastor, Ivan ESP 154
OUT Gicquel, Marc FRA 170
OUT Guzman, Juan-Pablo ARG 171
OUT Luzzi, Federico ITA 175
OUT Gabashvili, Teimuraz RUS 177
OUT Devilder, Nicolas FRA 178
IN Kubot, Lukasz POL 184
IN Luczak, Peter AUS 188
OUT Berrer, Michael GER 192
IN Snobel, Pavel CZE 201
IN Chadaj, Adam POL

Nathaliia
09-07-2005, 04:22 PM
heh, the official site is

www.pekaoopen.com.pl

i'll be writing match reports (hopefully interviews too lol) for that website. it has the english and german vesion as well. i only wonder why didn't they translate all the "off courts" attractions for players, hostesses, journalists and the VIP's. maybe they're aware of players girlfriends who wouldn't let them go ;) few years ago young Chucho Acasuso did striptease at the "tennis disco".

smucav
09-07-2005, 04:27 PM
As far as I know they need a WC. However the rulebook says this event we're talking about can offer up to 4 WC's to players between 11 and 50. But you know, everything in the country I live in is so difficult to think over and do... They talk like they didn't know the rulebook at all. Thanks for encourage anyway :)You are correct: players ranked 11-50 cannot enter challengers. They may accept wild cards; the number of wild cards is limited by the level of the challenger.

2005 ATP Official Rulebook:6.08 PLAY-UP REGULATION (CHALLENGER SERIES TOURNAMENTS)
A. Restrictions
1) Players positioned 1-10 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking (Singles) are prohibited from entering, accepting a wild card and/or competing in a Challenger Series Tournament. Players who would have been, had they and all other players entered, a Direct Acceptance on the original Acceptance List for a Grand Slam are prohibited from entering, accepting a wild card and/or competing in a Challenger Series Tournament in the first week of the Grand Slam Tournament.
2) Players positioned 11-50 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking (Singles) twenty-one (21) days prior to the first Monday of the Challenger Series Tournament are prohibited from entering but may receive an ATP-approved wild card in order to compete in the Challenger Tournament. The Challenger Supervisor will make wild card determinations consistent with the limitations outlined below. Players positioned 11-50 are also prohibited from entering, accepting a wild card or competing in Challenger Series Tournaments that offer less than $50,000 in on-site prize money.
3) Challenger Series Tournaments scheduled the same week as an ATP Tournament may offer wild cards to players positioned 11-50 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking (Singles) who have received approval from the ATP on-site Supervisor according to the following breakdown:
$125,000 in prize money up to (2) two wild cards
$100,000 in prize money up to (1) one wild card
$75,000 in prize money up to (1) one wild card
$50,000 in prize money up to (1) one wild card
$37,500 in prize money no wild card
$25,000 in prize money no wild card
4) Challenger Series Tournaments not scheduled in the same week as ATP Tournaments, or during the 2nd week of a Grand Slam, may offer wild cards to players positioned 11-50 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking (Singles) who have received approval from the ATP on-site Supervisor according to the following breakdown:
$150,000 in prize money up to (4) four wild cards
$125,000 in prize money up to (4) four wild cards
$100,000 in prize money up to (3) three wild card
$75,000 in prize money up to (2) two wild card
$50,000 in prize money up to (1) one wild card
$37,500 in prize money no wild card
$25,000 in prize money no wild card

pkubik
09-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Is anybody coming from here? I thinking about it, but i need to pass the exams first...:(

Nathaliia
09-07-2005, 06:33 PM
is it what we call "kampania wrzesniowa"? heh :) good luck then... thank God i'm free until october

*Ljubica*
09-11-2005, 01:35 PM
heh, the official site is

www.pekaoopen.com.pl

i'll be writing match reports (hopefully interviews too lol) for that website. it has the english and german vesion as well. i only wonder why didn't they translate all the "off courts" attractions for players, hostesses, journalists and the VIP's. maybe they're aware of players girlfriends who wouldn't let them go ;) few years ago young Chucho Acasuso did striptease at the "tennis disco".

:haha: So where are the photos of Chucho's striptease....... :angel: That would have been sooooo funny!!!!!!

Nathaliia
09-11-2005, 02:05 PM
:haha: So where are the photos of Chucho's striptease....... :angel: That would have been sooooo funny!!!!!!
they didn't publish it :( but i know Chucho was also in the jury choosing the prettiest hostess of the tournament. i must admit (unfortunately heh ;) ;) ;) ;)) they always have very beautiful hostesses

here's the link to 2004 gallery... some interesting pics including Yayo Massa playing the guitar
http://www.pekaoopen.com.pl/2004/?id=10

edit, those pics are great
http://www.pekaoopen.com.pl/2004/pics//gallery/small/337.jpg
http://www.pekaoopen.com.pl/2004/pics//gallery/small/334.jpg
http://www.pekaoopen.com.pl/2004/pics//gallery/small/338.jpg
http://www.mvb.pl/~www-pekao/2003/gallery2/g035.jpg
http://www.mvb.pl/~www-pekao/2003/gallery2/g044.jpg

Luke
09-12-2005, 05:26 PM
i'll be there as official press aswell.. so some reports and pictures will be up on Inside-tennis.net.

Luke
09-12-2005, 05:29 PM
http://www.pekaoopen.com.pl/2004/pics//gallery/small/338.jpg
Nathaliiia... is that guy on this pic.. Puerta;s manager ?

Nathaliia
09-12-2005, 05:44 PM
as far as I know it's not him, but Rosie should know it better :worship: .

That guy came with Yayo Massa I guess. His coach at this tourney was Francisco Yunis or however he's called. But in gallery there were 2 guys playing the guitar... The guy in the pic you pasted link to was for 100% in Sopot 2004 b'cause I was sitting next to him and he was smoking all the time, he came with Roitman.

Luke
09-12-2005, 06:26 PM
I belive he is puerta's manager, as far as i remember he told me that he is a manager of him on players party in Sopot this year.
And as most of these guys he is smart ass, thinking that he is the best, he can do everything he can have everything.

Nathaliia
09-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh they all seem to be managers... :) Maybe I messed some people, I don't have memory to faces sometimes (it's an illness, unfortunately). BTW Luke, do you have "gadu-gadu" or anything just in a case?

That guy Kuba Kowalski (I guess you know him) responsible for my "future golden thoughts" on the official website told me last year one of those guys was Massa's coach and I thought it was this one.

"he can have everything" - haha I guess no one can, even Federer :lol:

PS. It is still possible that Chela will get the 3rd WC instead of Kubot - and it will be YAY :) (I am too patriotic at times)

Luke
09-12-2005, 07:07 PM
yes, i'm using gg: 3099913 and msn kidmanbb@hotmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Nathaliia
09-12-2005, 07:26 PM
ok i got it. :)

Nathaliia
09-16-2005, 02:42 PM
have been just called chela plays instead of sanguinetti, i really dunno how they made it, but it's not me who's responsible for understanding everything at this challenger.

smucav
09-16-2005, 03:37 PM
(2 SE spots to be cleared)
OUT: Almagro (and Guzman from ALT)
IN: Labadze
NEXT: Calatrava, Ramirez-Hidalgo, Daniel, Brzezicki, Navarro-Pastor, Gicquel, Luzzi, Gabashvili

Entry list:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2288062&postcount=8

Super-Fabio
09-16-2005, 04:13 PM
(1 SE spots to be cleared)

OUT - A. Costa, Mantilla, Sanguinetti, Starace, Tabara, Ulihrach
IN - Calatrava, Ramirez-Hidalgo, Daniel, Brzezicki, Navarro-Pastor, Gabashvili, Kubot
NEXT - Luczak, Berrer, Snobel, Chadaj

*Ljubica*
09-16-2005, 04:14 PM
as far as I know it's not him, but Rosie should know it better :worship: .

That guy came with Yayo Massa I guess. His coach at this tourney was Francisco Yunis or however he's called. But in gallery there were 2 guys playing the guitar... The guy in the pic you pasted link to was for 100% in Sopot 2004 b'cause I was sitting next to him and he was smoking all the time, he came with Roitman.

LOL - haven't been to this thread for a while - and nice to know I am developing a reputation as most knowledgable person on the subject of Argentine coaches and other "behind the scenes" personnel :p One of the main problems is that Argentine players change their Managers and Coaches more often than many people change their clothes :devil: - but to the best of my knowledge that guy in the photo is not Mariano's Manager - though he has changed his coach in the past month and (perhaps) his Manager too :confused: I haven't been to a tourney since Wimbledon and many things can change!!!! I thought that guy was Massa's coach too (like Nathi says) though I can't remember his name at present.

And as for thinking they can have everything - well Luke - all the Argentine guys of my acquaintance think like that - it's part of their charm :p (or they think it is!)

Anyway - Nathi and everyone going to his tourney - have a brilliant time - I am so jealous of you - I wish I could tell work to "f*** off!" and come and join you all.....especially as Calleri is meant to be coming. I love Calleri.............so please look after him for me - but preferably not with some of those beautiful hostesses - he has a wife at home ;) And as far as I know Agustin's coach is still the Franciso Yunis you mentioned earlier...............

Super-Fabio
09-16-2005, 04:25 PM
good luck Alessio.......

Nathaliia
09-16-2005, 05:13 PM
yes, Francisco Yunis is already in Szczecin from what i know, and confirms Agustin will play.
truly saying, i'm glad with the changes that happened, even if Costa and Mantilla withdrew. already have bought my train ticket. i only hope it wouldn't be too cold and it wouldn't rain!

*Ljubica*
09-16-2005, 05:19 PM
yes, Francisco Yunis is already in Szczecin from what i know, and confirms Agustin will play.
truly saying, i'm glad with the changes that happened, even if Costa and Mantilla withdrew. already have bought my train ticket. i only hope it wouldn't be too cold and it wouldn't rain!

Have fun - and good luck Agustin :yeah: Please keep me up-to-date with all the juicy gossip (you can always PM me if it's too juicy ;) ), so I don't feel quite so isolated away from my favourite players and coaches.....!

Nathaliia
09-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Have fun - and good luck Agustin :yeah: Please keep me up-to-date with all the juicy gossip (you can always PM me if it's too juicy ;) ), so I don't feel quite so isolated away from my favourite players and coaches.....!
but it's me who's gonna be isolated - they put me into an average standard motel 7 km from Szczecin to make all players and teams feel safe and have some good sleep ;)

i am sure it will be just a casual tennis challenger, like many other :)

anyway... you regret you haven't been anywhere since Wimby. for example i can't afford going to Wimby ... we never get what we want.

greatkingrat
09-16-2005, 08:08 PM
QUALIFYING DRAW

(1) URBAN, Filip POL v Bye
KWINTA, Krzysztof POL v NIJAKI, Jakub POL
SYREWICZ, Pawel POL v KAPAS, Andrzej POL
HEROLD, Roman GER v (5) OLEJNICZAK, Dawid POL

(2) POCH-GRADIN, Carles ESP v Bye
WODNICKI, Lukasz POL v GODLEWSKI, Robert POL
GRUSZCZYNSKI, Lukasz POL v ZAWADZKI, Michal POL
SKUGARIEW, Wiktor POL v (8) ALVAREZ, Diego ARG

(3) TRUJILLO-SOLER, Gabriel ESP v BEDNAREK, Tomasz POL
PANFIL, Grzegorz POL v ODAZHYU, Oleksiy UKR
ZAMOJCIN, Dawid POL v DZIKIEWICZ, Piotr POL
SZOPA, Marian POL v (7) NAVRATIL, Michal CZE

(4) ANDUJAR, Pablo ESP v DABROWSKI, Bartlomiej POL
OLECHOWSKI, Piotr POL v FLOCK, Alexander GER
NOVAK, David CZE v OWSIAK, Wojciech POL
KORZENIEWICZ, Aleksander POL v (6) DILAJ, Maciej POL

*Ljubica*
09-16-2005, 08:22 PM
but it's me who's gonna be isolated - they put me into an average standard motel 7 km from Szczecin to make all players and teams feel safe and have some good sleep ;)

i am sure it will be just a casual tennis challenger, like many other :)

anyway... you regret you haven't been anywhere since Wimby. for example i can't afford going to Wimby ... we never get what we want.

I can walk to Wimby from my house - so it doesn't really count for me!!!!! Shame about the Motel though - maybe it was a special request from Sr. Zabaleta and his coach ;) You must make sure you don't miss out on all the parties and the fun in the Players' Hotel though - I trust you to do your best in the line of duty ;)

Nathaliia
09-16-2005, 08:31 PM
You must make sure you don't miss out on all the parties and the fun in the Players' Hotel though - I trust you to do your best in the line of duty ;)
oh remember i'm going to work there ! i treat it very seriously !!!

but at this moment i can't help the laughter after seeing Q draw :worship: however i think Pablo Andujar is a promissing player, it would be good to see him so early in his career.

second edit (that's what was written on Steve's site)
OUT - D. Sanchez, Brzezicki, Gabashvili
IN - Luczak, Snobel, Chadaj

Juan Pablo :(

basil333
09-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Nathaliia - have fun (keeping the party animals in control - probably not possible) - try not to work too hard!!! ;)

*Ljubica*
09-17-2005, 11:19 AM
oh remember i'm going to work there ! i treat it very seriously !!!

but at this moment i can't help the laughter after seeing Q draw :worship: however i think Pablo Andujar is a promissing player, it would be good to see him so early in his career.

second edit (that's what was written on Steve's site)
OUT - D. Sanchez, Brzezicki, Gabashvili
IN - Luczak, Snobel, Chadaj

Juan Pablo :(

Of course you do :angel:

Nathaliia
09-17-2005, 02:13 PM
I've got a feeling someone is joking at me ;) But it's only a little feeling deep inside my soul ;).

As about the Q.... 1st round without sensation, Diego Alvarez (ARG), Pablo Andujar-Alba (ESP), Grzesiek Panfil (the starlet from Poland) and Dawid Olejniczak (POL... I like his game style) are through.
Urban seem to be moved to the main draw.
My train leaves at 5.46 a.m. tomorrow.

Thank you for your nice words girls :)

*Ljubica*
09-17-2005, 03:17 PM
I've got a feeling someone is joking at me ;) But it's only a little feeling deep inside my soul ;).

As about the Q.... 1st round without sensation, Diego Alvarez (ARG), Pablo Andujar-Alba (ESP), Grzesiek Panfil (the starlet from Poland) and Dawid Olejniczak (POL... I like his game style) are through.
Urban seem to be moved to the main draw.
My train leaves at 5.46 a.m. tomorrow.

Thank you for your nice words girls :)

5.46 am................. :eek: Better get an early night tonight then!!!! Have a lovely time - take care, be safe and have loads of fun :hug:

Nathaliia
09-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Younes is out. I think I'll manage to keep you all up to date about few further withdrawals I expect following the Murphy's Law Rules, before I leave within few hours.

Super-Fabio
09-17-2005, 04:20 PM
good luck Pablo Andujar.....

*Ljubica*
09-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Younes is out. I think I'll manage to keep you all up to date about few further withdrawals I expect following the Murphy's Law Rules, before I leave within few hours.

As long as it isn't Calleri - that would make me :sad:

basil333
09-17-2005, 05:36 PM
I would like to echo Rosie's views and keep Chela and Mariano IN the draw too...

Nathaliia
09-17-2005, 06:09 PM
bad news to all supporting players from Poland and that guy Pablo Andujar who'll make a career, I'm telling you this (CF Valencia rlz, Pablo, huh?)

second Q round:

J. Nijaki bye
D. Olejniczak d. P. Syrewicz 6/1 6/2 (c'mon Olej!!!!)
C. Poch-Grandin (ESP) d. R. Godlewski 7/6 6/2
D. Alvarez (ARG) d. M. Zawadzki 6/3 6/1 - good luck tomorrow Diego
G. Trujillo Soler (ESP)d. G. Panfil 7/6 4/6 7/6(6) - mala suerte... Grzesiek led 5/3 in last TB
M. Navratil (CZE) d. P. Dzikiewicz 6/1 7/6
A. Flock (GER) d. P. Andujar (ESP) 6/4 6/2
D. Novak (CZE) d. M. Dilaj 0/6 6/4 6/2.

they are playing so quickly... I don't think I'll get to the courts before 2-3 p.m. so it means I may not see any Q matches... not good :(

Super-Fabio
09-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Qualifing Round :

[5]Dawid Olejniczak vs Jacub Nujaki
[2]Carlos Poch Gradin vs [8]Diego Alvarez
[3]Gabriel Trujillo Soler vs [7]Michal Navratil
Alexander Flock vs David Novak

Luke
09-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Nathallie should be arriving in szczecin :) do something with weather.. it;s sunny but cold. We are going there tomorrow morning with lots of bottles and cans :D

*Ljubica*
09-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Nathallie should be arriving in szczecin :) do something with weather.. it;s sunny but cold. We are going there tomorrow morning with lots of bottles and cans :D

Dare I ask if they are for drinking out of - or throwing at people........ :p I guess at least it is not raining there - can't really expect warm weather in Northern Europe at this time of year.

Nathaliia
09-18-2005, 11:24 AM
it's very warm !!! i'm sitting at my one of Special Three Computers (for me, photographer and webmaster yay!) in the press office and you'd never guessed what!!!!

next to me Juani Chela and Mariano Zabaleta are having some stretching

noooo i haven't talked to them, i'm too shy! but they smile friendly :)
my task for today is to write about drawing ceremony and to talk with the winner of the match between Dawid Olejniczak and Jakub Nijaki.

this hotel is even not too tragic... people in Szczecin are very friendly and the temperature is said to reach even 25 C next days.

*Ljubica*
09-18-2005, 11:44 AM
it's very warm !!! i'm sitting at my one of Special Three Computers (for me, photographer and webmaster yay!) in the press office and you'd never guessed what!!!!

next to me Juani Chela and Mariano Zabaleta are having some stretching

noooo i haven't talked to them, i'm too shy! but they smile friendly :)
my task for today is to write about drawing ceremony and to talk with the winner of the match between Dawid Olejniczak and Jakub Nijaki.

this hotel is even not too tragic... people in Szczecin are very friendly and the temperature is said to reach even 25 C next days.

:) Guess Sr. Z. is not scared of you anymore!!!!! Or maybe he smiles more when Lobo isn't there!!!!! You lucky girl - wish I was there - have a brilliant time and please keep us up to date with everything. Btw - have you seen Calleri yet? Not that I'm "obsessed" or anything :p

Action Jackson
09-18-2005, 11:48 AM
:) Guess Sr. Z. is not scared of you anymore!!!!! Or maybe he smiles more when Lobo isn't there!!!!! You lucky girl - wish I was there - have a brilliant time and please keep us up to date with everything. Btw - have you seen Calleri yet? Not that I'm "obsessed" or anything :p

Never was a problem for me, then again I don't exactly drool over these people. :)

Nathaliia
09-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Yes, Agustin Calleri was here as well. I saw the end of the match between Diego Alvarez (reminding of Gaston, keeping all the proportion) and Carles Poch-Grandin (who won 6/4 7/5).

OK., I'm outta for my match between the Poles. Kindest greetings !!!

Rosie, Sr. Z. was never scared of me, he doesn't remember me, it's understandable, he didn't stay in Sopot for too long.
And I don't know which one of them is exactly Lobo. But one of them looks like he was not sure if it's me. I look very official heh.... and I'm with "media" badge instead of a camera.

*Ljubica*
09-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Yes, Agustin Calleri was here as well. I saw the end of the match between Diego Alvarez (reminding of Gaston, keeping all the proportion) and Carles Poch-Grandin (who won 6/4 7/5).

OK., I'm outta for my match between the Poles. Kindest greetings !!!

Rosie, Sr. Z. was never scared of me, he doesn't remember me, it's understandable, he didn't stay in Sopot for too long.
And I don't know which one of them is exactly Lobo. But one of them looks like he was not sure if it's me. I look very official heh.... and I'm with "media" badge instead of a camera.

Enjoy your Polish boys' match - and I'm sure no one could be scared of you Nathi - I'm only joking with you :hug: As for Lobo - he is often smoking as I remember, which is quite unusual for a professional sportsperson -so if you see a coach with a cigarette - that is almost certainly him!!!! Have fun!!

Luke
09-18-2005, 12:46 PM
i see that even every sinlge things happen in szczecin will be reported here by Nathi.. so i don;t need to post here anything. but Nathi mabye you can be so kind and write for our site as well.. so we don't need to be there for so long and can organize ourselves somewhere else ? :p

Nathaliia
09-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Luke, I don't have too much time to be honest :sad:. Just got the interview with Dawid Olejniczak and I need to write it down. Remember I'm with my cousin and I must spend my free time with her.

See you around soon!

azza
09-18-2005, 01:24 PM
MD Out?

Luke
09-18-2005, 01:34 PM
I was kidding of course.. we are going there to be busy with tennis aswell.. as it is my passion since some really long time. have fun there.. and we will meet tomorrow afternoon.

PS. jeszcze tylko mi powiedz gdzie identyfikatory wydaja?

Nathaliia
09-18-2005, 01:55 PM
main draw will be drawn in few minutes
aaaaahhh gotta rush there

Luke - a żebym to ja wiedziała....

elletrista
09-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Qualy Round

D.Olejniczak def. J.Nijaki
C.Poch-Gradin def. D.Alvarez
G.Trujillo-Soler def. M.Navratil
D.Novak def. A.Flock

Nathaliia
09-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Chela plays Fyrstenberg and Martin plays Marin. All what I remember.

azza
09-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Hope Luczak got an okay draw but judging by the entry list anyone will be hard :eek:

azza
09-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Nathalia r u at the tournie right now?

Nathaliia
09-18-2005, 03:38 PM
yes Azza, I am... :)

Luczak plays Calleri... sorry !!!

*Ljubica*
09-18-2005, 03:47 PM
yes Azza, I am... :)

Luczak plays Calleri... sorry !!!

Noooooooo :bigcry: I wanted Agustin to have an easy first round after his injuries - Luczak is about the worst draw he could have had :sad:

greatkingrat
09-18-2005, 03:50 PM
MAIN DRAW

(1WC) CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG v (WC) FYRSTENBERG, Mariusz POL
(WC) URBAN, Filip POL v VANEK, Jiri CZE
CHADAJ, Adam POL v DANIEL, Marcos BRA
RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben ESP v (6) MONTANES, Albert ESP

(3) CALLERI, Agustin ARG v LUCZAK, Peter AUS
VICENTE, Fernando ESP v PORTAS, Albert ESP
NAVARRO PASTOR, Ivan ESP v BEHREND, Tomas GER
DI MAURO, Alessio ITA v (8) SABAU, Razvan ROM

(5) SERRA, Florent FRA v (Q) TRUJILLO-SOLER, Gabriel ESP
(SE) MIRNEGG, Marco AUT v (Q) NOVAK, David CZE
(Q) POCH-GRADIN, Carles ESP v CALATRAVA, Alex ESP
GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS v (4) ZABALETA, Mariano ARG

(7) HERNANDEZ, Oscar ESP v (WC) MATKOWSKI, Marcin POL
MARACH, Oliver AUT v (Q) OLEJNICZAK, Dawid POL
SNOBEL, Pavel CZE v KUBOT, Lukasz POL
MARIN, Juan Antonio CRC v (2) MARTIN, Alberto ESP

Corina2605
09-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Nathaliia - thanks a lot for all the inside infos. Please continue to keep an eye on Team Argentina :)

Have fun!!!

Nathaliia
09-18-2005, 05:38 PM
As for me, I think Calleri could have a worse draw. Luczak is not in shape. There will be a press conference with the winner of that match. Another press conference will be with winner of Vanek / Urban and the last one (thankfully to the one writing these words who started shouting) with Mariano Zabaleta.

I wrote my second text about the drawing ;)

We have problems with the internet in Szczecin from time to time! I can leave my cell phone number but I think it's not necessary, at this moment the net is back.

Luke
09-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Nathi don't tell me that we will be waiting for pc, to write anything inthe office. How many comps are there ?

Super-Fabio
09-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Qualifing Round :

[5]Dawid Olejniczak d. Jacub Nujaki 6-1 6-1
[2]Carlos Poch Gradin d. [8]Diego Alvarez 6-4 7-5
[3]Gabriel Trujillo Soler d. [7]Michal Navratil 3-6 6-4 6-4
David Novak d. Alexander Flock 4-6 7-6 2-1 ret.

smucav
09-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Updated entry list:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2288062&postcount=8

Super-Fabio
09-18-2005, 07:02 PM
good luck Alessio Di Mauro!!!!!!

keqtqiadv
09-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Marcos Daniel!!!!

Scotso
09-18-2005, 10:36 PM
good luck:

Adam Chadaj
Albert Montañes
Oliver Marach :D
Lukasz Kubot :D

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 11:36 AM
i had an extra-quick conversation with Mariano because he was in hurry to the hotel but he was GODDAMN nice

ok i must hurry as well seeya

pkubik
09-19-2005, 11:39 AM
what is wrong with sb?

Hajduk
09-19-2005, 11:56 AM
any results ? :confused:

pkubik
09-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Łuczak-Calleri 7-6 (1) ?

*Ljubica*
09-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Come on Agustin - I knew this match would be hard for him :sad:

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:11 PM
calleri-luczak 6-7 3-1
hidlago-montanes 0-6 ?!

Russian elephant
09-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Funny scoreboard in Poland...
http://pekaoopen.pl/2005/livescoring/

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:14 PM
ramirez hidalgo 6-0 6-2 or 0-6 2-6 :eek:

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:14 PM
calleri 6-7 4-1

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:19 PM
calleri 6-7 6-1

Hajduk
09-19-2005, 12:21 PM
ramirez hidalgo 6-0 6-2 or 0-6 2-6

who won?

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:22 PM
good question man... but i dont know... :(

Hajduk
09-19-2005, 12:24 PM
i hope that montanes won

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:25 PM
im sure that calleri leads 6-7 6-1 1-0

Hajduk
09-19-2005, 12:28 PM
is this challanger in poland ? if it is, can u look on your txt if it is scores?

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:31 PM
calleri 1-1 in 3rd

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:33 PM
im trying to do everything i can, but i cant find that score nowhere...

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:33 PM
calleri 2-1

Hajduk
09-19-2005, 12:35 PM
thanx pkubik :wavey:

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:36 PM
montanes won 6-2 6-0 for sure!

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:37 PM
calleri leads 6-7 6-1 3-1

Hajduk
09-19-2005, 12:39 PM
thanx pkubik

Adrian
09-19-2005, 12:41 PM
montanes won 6-2 6-0 for sure!
Where did you find that info?

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:42 PM
a called to the office

Adrian
09-19-2005, 12:44 PM
a called to the office
Thanx!

Hajduk
09-19-2005, 12:45 PM
montanes is the king :worship: :worship: :worship:

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:46 PM
calleri 6-7 6-1 4-1

Hajduk
09-19-2005, 12:50 PM
what is the score match di mauro - sabau ?

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:51 PM
calleri 6-7 6-1 5-1

*Ljubica*
09-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the updates pkubik. I am at work and can't post here so often - but I'm desparately trying to follow Calleri's score :) .l

azza
09-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Peter wtf breadsticks :rolleyes:

pkubik
09-19-2005, 12:53 PM
di mauro-sabau not started yet...

Hajduk
09-19-2005, 12:54 PM
thanx pkubik

azza
09-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Peter fight :sad:

azza
09-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Another fucking R1 loss Peter :retard: 7-6 1-6 2-6

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 01:13 PM
heh guess when I joined the Calleri's match hahaha :)
i can leave you my mobile phone number and you can text me for the scores if you want :)
i dunno who's responsible for the scorebaord but we do have problems with the guy responsible for the website.

and i don't know why it's written "WTA TOUR" on the scoreboard lol

Juan Ignacio Chela is an amazing person I admit.

Agustin was playing really well in those 2 sets I saw! His backhand was much better than it's visible on TV, he was just killing Luczak. I only wonder why he got nerved a bit even leading high. Peter Luczak really couldn't do much.
I'm wriitng report from conference with Agustin in few minutes but first I start to write the article about the show. wish me luck

Action Jackson
09-19-2005, 01:17 PM
I like Luczak, but good win for Calleri.

pkubik
09-19-2005, 01:17 PM
di mauro-sabau 2-0
vanek-urban 1-0

pkubik
09-19-2005, 01:19 PM
di mauro-sabau 2-1
vanek-urban 2-0

pkubik
09-19-2005, 01:21 PM
di mauro-sabau 2-1
vanek-urban 3-0

pkubik
09-19-2005, 01:24 PM
di mauro-sabau 3-1
vanek-urban 3-1

pkubik
09-19-2005, 01:45 PM
di mauro-sabau 6-3
vanek-urban 5-2 deuce

pkubik
09-19-2005, 01:47 PM
di mauro-sabau 6-3 1-0
vanek-urban 5-3

*Ljubica*
09-19-2005, 02:04 PM
heh guess when I joined the Calleri's match hahaha :)
i can leave you my mobile phone number and you can text me for the scores if you want :)
i dunno who's responsible for the scorebaord but we do have problems with the guy responsible for the website.

and i don't know why it's written "WTA TOUR" on the scoreboard lol

Juan Ignacio Chela is an amazing person I admit.

Agustin was playing really well in those 2 sets I saw! His backhand was much better than it's visible on TV, he was just killing Luczak. I only wonder why he got nerved a bit even leading high. Peter Luczak really couldn't do much.
I'm wriitng report from conference with Agustin in few minutes but first I start to write the article about the show. wish me luck

Wishing you luck :) I would rather be there with you (and Agustin!) than here in my office :devil:where I can't get online too often. You can PM me your mobile number if you want - or I can send you a PM with mine. Don't think it's safe to leave it on an open message board!

Give Sr. Calleri a big :hug: from me! Or maybe better not!!!

azza
09-19-2005, 02:27 PM
So was Luczak shit? :o

Super-Fabio
09-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Vanek vs Urban 6-3 3-6 1-3
Di Mauro vs Sabau 6-3 5-4

pkubik
09-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Urban leads Vanek 3-6 6-3 3-1! brawo!

best better
09-19-2005, 02:50 PM
di mauro score please...

Plamen
09-19-2005, 02:59 PM
HI!!!
can anybody tell me whats happening with match Sabau - Di Mauro !?!

thanks!!! ;)

brig
09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
I see only this message in the livescore:
Virtual Server overloaded - high load (or servicing) in progress

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 03:08 PM
So was Luczak shit? :o
i'm afraid, yes... but truly saying he couldn't do much against Calleri. however some errors in the net.... easy things... because some balls had so much rotation errors are obvious. Peter was very kind to everyone at the press conference. he was speaking Polish i didn't know he speaks his native language so well!!!

As about Agustin his press conference was very nice too! Agustin is a classy guy, i think no one has any doubts about it.

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Sabau - di Mauro 6/3 6/4

Sabau is sitting here at the press office

silverwhite
09-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Wow. Pretty good field here. :eek:

Good luck to Serra, Zabaleta and Calleri! Oh yes, to Chadaj too, how could I have forgotten. :lol:

Jamee
09-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Sabau - di Mauro 6/3 6/4

Sabau is sitting here at the press office

??? I thought 63 di mauro ?

Super-Fabio
09-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Di Mauro 6-3 6-4........

*Ljubica*
09-19-2005, 04:24 PM
i'm afraid, yes... but truly saying he couldn't do much against Calleri. however some errors in the net.... easy things... because some balls had so much rotation errors are obvious. Peter was very kind to everyone at the press conference. he was speaking Polish i didn't know he speaks his native language so well!!!

As about Agustin his press conference was very nice too! Agustin is a classy guy, i think no one has any doubts about it.

I know Luczak speaks excellent Polish because he was speaking with a friend of mine in Munich this year - she was impressed :) As for Calleri - no I never had any doubts!!!

TipsterX
09-19-2005, 04:27 PM
marach scores please?

Super-Fabio
09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Marach 6-0 4-1

Jamee
09-19-2005, 04:35 PM
No sorry its 2-6 4-1

TipsterX
09-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Marach lose first set??

Super-Fabio
09-19-2005, 04:36 PM
oh,yeah,sorry.......

Super-Fabio
09-19-2005, 04:37 PM
yes,Marach lose first set.....

TipsterX
09-19-2005, 04:38 PM
damn :(

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Guy from the press office says Di Mauro - looks like he changed his mind, but I swear he said Sabau previously.

I am soooo sorry about Mariano's loss. It looks like he didn't care about that match at all!!!! How great I talked to him before... But now I doubt if they really come to film our press office like they did it with the players lounge.

Gabashvili is said to be one of favourites to win the whole tourney. In fact, I don't liked him after he said very bad nazi things about Polish people during his match with Kubot in Poznań challenger. Bad, bad Teimuraz. I was going double crazy for Mariano. I a so sorry I couldn't help :sad:

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Marach 2/6 4/1

I'm off to that match soon!

Jamee
09-19-2005, 04:42 PM
scoreboard frozen :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

basil333
09-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Guy from the press office says Di Mauro - looks like he changed his mind, but I swear he said Sabau previously.

I am soooo sorry about Mariano's loss. It looks like he didn't care about that match at all!!!! How great I talked to him before... But now I doubt if they really come to film our press office like they did it with the players lounge.

Gabashvili is said to be one of favourites to win the whole tourney. In fact, I don't liked him after he said very bad nazi things about Polish people during his match with Kubot in Poznań challenger. Bad, bad Teimuraz. I was going double crazy for Mariano. I a so sorry I couldn't help :sad:

Can you go and trip Teimuraz up??? People like that don't deserve respect....

Nathallia - Chela's still in the tournament.... so's Calleri so... on personal experience Mariano takes between 1 and 2 hours to recover from bad losses and is very soon back to "Happy Mode" so.... look out behind you.... that camera was everywhere in Stutt and Kitz..... :) (and Indian Wells....)

Plamen
09-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Marach 2/6 5/3

Jamee
09-19-2005, 04:49 PM
lol Rebreak 5-4

Oliver is stupid

Plamen
09-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Marach 2/6 5/4

TipsterX
09-19-2005, 04:53 PM
look on breakpoints! how can Olejniczak win first set with 1\1 breakpoints conversation?

Jamee
09-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Its only the second set statistic but Marach is a stupid player, he chocked many set points and a break

TipsterX
09-19-2005, 05:02 PM
i saw. now Marach loose his own serve

Jamee
09-19-2005, 05:02 PM
FIXED !

Marach had a *5-3 lead and 5 or 6 set points now 5-6* and Dawid 2 /2 break pts

Jamee
09-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Marach choked another break conversation :worship: :worship:

Corina2605
09-19-2005, 05:16 PM

Thanks Nathaliia for the match report. Sounds like it was not Mariano's day, today :(

Anyway, many thanks for supporting him and I am glad you had a nice conversation with him this morning :). I hope he stays a bit longer in Poland to practice and support his friends, so you can still see him around and give us updates (please) :)

Balaenopteramusculus
09-19-2005, 05:45 PM

I guess I was one of a very few people who were rooting for Gaba in his match against Kubot. :devil: :tape: Bad,bad Paweł. :p I did this to balance all those cheers for Łukasz coz there was hardly any applause after Gaba hit a winner. No actually I did this coz I'm not a big fan of Kubot.Besides I picked Teimuraz as a winner of this match.He won me a hat and a T-shirt.Thanks Gaba. :devil:

Balaenopteramusculus
09-19-2005, 05:58 PM
oh I totaly forgot! Whoa ooohhh weeeeeeee Dawiiiiiiiid :eek: Big congrats! :worship: :eek:

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Look, I am not a big fan of Kubot as well. But I have something called national pride. My friend who's a reporter was on that match and was sitting close to the courts and heard everything he sad.

I think some of you may be interested in my progress in work. Soooo... today I was praised for my article about the drawing (OMG my boss didn't change anything!) and today about the TV show... everybody laughed sooo much !!! :D

If you want to hear about Marach, he took a timeout to his leg. Olejniczak said something was with his leg... but it was tactic as well. Mariusz Frstenberg gave the adviced to Dawid about how Marach plays and told him to hold on whatever happens, because Oliver can get angry easily (that's what I told him as well, thank you Kristen!!!).

I am dying of being tired, as always, but I'm going with my cousin Gosia to Matka / Frytka match and then to jazzman's evening. Kindest greetings to you,
N.

PS. I was asked to ask Mariano and Juan Ignacio to send to us that cassette with the program which will (hopefully) appear on Fox Sports with our players lounge.

Action Jackson
09-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Central Court

Chadaj Adam (POL)
vs
Daniel Marcos (BRA)

Not before 2:00 PM

Snobel Pavel (CZE)
vs
Kubot Lukasz (POL)

Not before 5:00 PM

Hernandez Oscar (ESP)
vs
Matkowski Marcin (POL

Not before 7:00 PM

Chela Juan Ignacio (ARG)
vs
Fyrstenberg Mariusz (POL)

Court 1
Starts at 1:00 PM

Ivan Navarro Pastor (ESP)
vs
Behrend Tomas (GER)

Vicente Fernando (ESP)
vs
Portas Albert (ESP)

Marin Juan Antonio (CRC)
vs
Martin Alberto (ESP)

Montanes Alberto (SPA)
Portas Albert (SPA)
vs
Cibulec Tomas (CZE)
Vanhoudt Tom (BEL)

Court 2
Starts at 1:00 PM
Mirnegg Marco (AUT)
vs
Novak David (CZE)

Poch-Gradin Carles (ESP)
vs
Calatrava Alex (ESP)

Serra Florent (FRA)
vs
Trujillo-Soler Gabriel (ESP)

Alvarez Diego (ARG)
Poch-Gradin Carles (ESP)
vs
Braasch Karsten (GER)
Kohlmann Michael (GER)

Court 8
Starts at 2:00 PM

Calleri Agustin (ARG)
Prieto Sebastian (ARG)
vs
Marach Oliver (AUT)
Sabau Razvan (ROM

Daniel Marcos (BRA)
Lopez Moron Alex (ESP)
vs
Dilaj Maciej (POL)
Olejniczak Dawid (POL)

Corina2605
09-19-2005, 06:12 PM
I think some of you may be interested in my progress in work. Soooo... today I was praised for my article about the drawing (OMG my boss didn't change anything!) and today about the TV show... everybody laughed sooo much !!! :D

PS. I was asked to ask Mariano and Juan Ignacio to send to us that cassette with the program which will (hopefully) appear on Fox Sports with our players lounge.

Congrats Nathaliia :) Could you do us a great favour and translate your article about tenispro, when times allow it, por favor? This would be great :)

I am sure your players lounge episode will be showed :)! I mean, how could it not be? Mariano and Chela being interviewed about "their baby" by an European who can't watch their show, needs to be in the programme :)

Balaenopteramusculus
09-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Look, I am not a big fan of Kubot as well. But I have something called national pride. My friend who's a reporter was on that match and was sitting close to the courts and heard everything he sad.

If you want to hear about Marach, he took a timeout to his leg. Olejniczak said something was with his leg... but it was tactic as well. Mariusz Frstenberg gave the adviced to Dawid about how Marach plays and told him to hold on whatever happens, because Oliver can get angry easily (that's what I told him as well, thank you Kristen!!!).

I am dying of being tired, as always, but I'm going with my cousin Gosia to Matka / Frytka match and then to jazzman's evening. Kindest greetings to you,
N.

I wasn't close enough to hear what he was saying ,besides he probably was using Russian which I can't speak and barely understand a word.All I noticed was that he became highly suspicious towards polish lines people after few calls.After one of the overrules he said something like Bravo!Bravo Polska and got booed. :p That's all I know.I didn't want to sound like I was antipolish or something,just I felt it was unsportsmen (sp?)like not to applaud any of his good shots.

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 06:33 PM
I would say it was typical when the compatriot plays. Maybe I would even support him in his next match if I can have a chance to see it. In fact, I don't have too much time to attend the matches! (like now I had another task grrr) But i have even less time to eat! I only had half of my dinner today plus an apple. And a coffee in the morning.

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Congrats Nathaliia :) Could you do us a great favour and translate your article about tenispro, when times allow it, por favor? This would be great :)

I am sure your players lounge episode will be showed :)! I mean, how could it not be? Mariano and Chela being interviewed about "their baby" by an European who can't watch their show, needs to be in the programme :)
No they didn't film me... they didn't have the camera today that's why I asked them to bring it tomorrow, but I really don't know if they will after Mariano lost. I hope they'll show at least the P.L. hehe
They both looked very surprised but happy when I knew so many things about them and the show...
I regret Mariano lost because I wanted to talk with him more about tennis (prepared many questions :rolleyes: ) and of course that starlet JMDP!!!

I'll translate the article but i can't think in english now sorry for mistakes or some strange words

Action Jackson
09-19-2005, 06:37 PM
You can talk to him tommorrow if he hasn't left. Have they found enough Spanish translators there?

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Zabaleta & Chela TV SHOW

Mariano Zabaleta from Argentina seeded 4 in Szczecin is the player who has won 3 tournaments in his career and earned almost the same amount of million dollars. This the best world's junior player in his times, has a place in top 100 ATP for many years. But not many people know, that in his home continent he's a star also because of some other than tennis reasons. You must know, that Zabaleta has in Fox Sports TV a program touching lives of professional players particiating in ATP Tour, called "Tenis Pro". The show, contracted at the beginning for one year, probably will be shown for much longer time in countries in South America, because of the great popularity it enjoys. It can't be watched in Europe, although players admit it would be an interesting idea. It's not available on DVD as well, because it would take the (missing English word hehe) agreement of many players. An Argentine started off as a lonely (geez.... missing the word again...) let it say.... GUY, but 2 months after starting the emission (ehhhh bad word again) his friend and compatriot, also playing in Pekao Open, Juan Ignacio Chela, joined him

NEXT PART SOON

Balaenopteramusculus
09-19-2005, 06:47 PM
heh yeah I know I like this kind of atmosphere it's just like almost everytime I start to feel bad for that other guy and can't help but root for him :p (except situations when I really don't like the player :o ) plus in this case Kubot really pissed me off in his previous match when he said to a ballgirl:"ręcznik, kurwa" :rolleyes:

OK let's finish this subject.Have fun Nati.I hope Mariano stays a few more days and make use with that camera of his. :p

Scotso
09-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Oliver :sad:

Montañes :D

Super-Fabio
09-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Results of today :

Jiri Vanek d. [WC]Filip Urban 6-3 3-6 7-5
[6]Albert Montanes d. Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo 6-2 6-0
[3]Augustin Calleri d. Petr Luczak 7-6 6-2
Alessio Di Mauro d. [8]Razvan Sabau 6-3 6-4
Teimurz Gabashvili d. [4]Mariano Zabaleta 6-3 6-4
[Q]Dawid Olejniczak d. Oliver Marach 6-2 7-5

Nathaliia
09-19-2005, 07:13 PM
I have always my camera with me. It's my hobby - says Zabaleta. - We film everything what's moving. We jump into the players lounges, hotel rooms, we show tennis players as private people. When we have a guest, we not exactly interview him, but we simply talk. In Tenis Pro the most often appear tennis players, especially from Argentina, like Guillermo Canas half-naked in the shower or David Nalbandian (the foreign players interviewed were eg. obsessed with Playstation Rafael Nadal, Marat Safin and Stefan Edberg), but not only. Zabaleta remembers when that famous Maradona called him once and begged to invite him to the show. He even wanted to try himself on court against Zabaleta.

Chela and Zabaleta get tons of e-mails from their fans (reading on view) and especially female fans (their girlfriends have nothing against). They get also bothered in the streets with "thank you's" not only for their game, but also for the program. "And I don't feel like any big star" - comments Chela with laughter, called the "first (missing the word but it's Polish word-game, I just mean this animal which spits for example at people in the ZOO and lives in South America, it's a game word with "first lady") of Argentina", after he tried to spit at lleyton Hewitt during their last match at Australian Open. To the question, if he'd like to talk to Hewitt in front of the camera, he first laughed, than took a long time wondering, and finally "spitted it out": "Only about tennis. Hewitt is a great player, though>' Between WTA players Chela would like to invite Serena Williams to the show. "I can even play a match with her" - he added. Of course, in front of the cameras.

Mariano Zabaleta thinks, that "Tenis Pro" is a great idea to make this sport more popular in South America, which can pass the test in other parts of the globe: "For example in France, I can see as the hosts Sebastien Grosjean, Arnaud Clement or... Gael Monfils. Yeah, Gael is a funny guy!". France is France, and the only Polish accent so far is the (missing the word.... ehhh common?) guitar player of the program, last year's Szczecin winner, Edgardo Massa, who plays the instrument bought in Szczecin. But soon our country will be shown the wider audience on the second part of the ocean, because those often called "crazy" by their guests Chela and Zabaleta managed already to make a material in challenger's players lounge, and they warned me they are going to pop in with the camera to thrill the press office. We are already scared!!!!!

Corina2605
09-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks so much for the translation :)!! Good article :)

Fingers crossed Mariano keeps his promise to "attack" the press office with is camera :)

*Ljubica*
09-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the great article Nathi :hug: Now go and EAT something - we can't have you fading away before the end of the tournament!

basil333
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Great article and great translation too Nathaliia

Nathaliia
09-20-2005, 09:57 AM
You can talk to him tommorrow if he hasn't left. Have they found enough Spanish translators there?
believe or not, we don't have any Spanish translators here! There is one hostess who speaks some Spanish, so yesterday's conference with Agustin was very funny, me and my second boss (responsible for conferences) were laughing like crazy and helping Agustin to find the words ;)

Anyone knows how is "Umpire" in Spanish? Today I'm responsible for the conference with Marcos Daniel. No one speaks Portuguese but we are ready for everything. Obrigado!!! heh.... anyone can write smth in Portuguese, like "congratulations" (whooops! he plays Chadaj!) or ehhh I don't know, something funny?

Here's the transcript with Calleri translated quickly into English (BTW I discovered I can't think quickly in English when I'm a bit stressed and I can't express everything what I want :( )

How would you comment today's match?
- The match was very difficult, because Peter is a player who requires much effort from every rival. Besides, I had a very long break, at the beginning it wasn't easy to addapt, I needed to get some self-confidence and trust in my shots.

Did you expect the 3 set match? After the tie-break in the first set it wasn't said the next two will come so easily.
- In the first set I didn't believe in myself too much. Later, it changed. I started playing my very good tennis. I felt more confident in longer actions, but I even went to net few times, successfully.

What do you think about weather in Szczecin? Argentina is a warm country, and Poland in this year season not necessarily.
- But there is winter in Argentina right now! It's 10 C degrees! The conditions here suit me very well, in my opinion it is warm.

In the end of the first set you had some fuss with the umpire that he didn't shout "net". Then you lost few balls, did it effect your loss in that set?
- Net should have been called out, but the umpire didn't hear the ball touching the net. It got on my nerves, because even the crowd shouted I was right.

Most of the Latin American players don't speak English. Why?
- I know English, alike many of my friends, who speak English very well, but I think that if Spanish is my native language, I should use it for interviews.

My excellent question lol. You played great in DC in Malaga when you simply turned down Juan Carlos Ferrero. Everybody was spellbounded with your game and Eurosport's commentators wrote on their website "There are no words to describe the maestry of Calleri". Can you get this shape in future again?
- Oooo, it was my best match in my career! I was ranked 16 then and I didn't complain at any injuries (BTW Agustin says he doesn't suffer of any injuries now). I felt so happy I could help my country! I think Argentina has a big chance to win the DC this year.

Nathaliia
09-20-2005, 09:58 AM
"ręcznik, kurwa" :rolleyes:
hahahahahaha thumbs up Kubot !

Nathaliia
09-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the great article Nathi :hug: Now go and EAT something - we can't have you fading away before the end of the tournament!
Yeah, I actually had 2 coffees today! Work, work, work... I'm a workaholic ;)

heh ... some journalists have just discovered the coffee machine shots coffee with water and lemon. fortunately i had one at the hairdresser's and one in the motel ;)

PS. Rosie I am sorry my SMS yesterday were very brief but I was kinda angry and my battery was almost down.

~EMiLiTA~
09-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Anyone knows how is "Umpire" in Spanish?

"el árbitro"

thanks for the interesting reports!

manu86
09-20-2005, 10:58 AM
el arbitro its in soccer "referi "
the world for umpire its juez de silla or juez principal

pkubik
09-20-2005, 11:12 AM
sb is showing only chadaj-daniel match :(

pkubik
09-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Mirnegg-Novak 2-0

pkubik
09-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Chadaj 1-1
Mirnegg 2-1
Behrend 1-0

pkubik
09-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Chadaj 1-3
Mirnegg 2-1
Behrend 2-1

pkubik
09-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Chadaj 1-3
Mirnegg 3-1
Behrend 2-2

pkubik
09-20-2005, 11:39 AM
mirnegg-novak 6-1

pkubik
09-20-2005, 11:50 AM
daniel-chadaj 6-4 :(

Nathaliia
09-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Daniel is much better.

F*****g S**t i can't find Serra and my boss is angry as hell. I may not manage to have any materials for today grrrrrrr

PLZ FLORENT COME HERE AND AGREE FOR INTERVIEW

pkubik
09-20-2005, 12:18 PM
sb sucks again... what is the score of behrend and mirnegg?

pkubik
09-20-2005, 12:27 PM
mirnegg def. novak 6-1 7-5

pkubik
09-20-2005, 12:29 PM
daniel def. chadaj 6-4 6-4 :(

*Ljubica*
09-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I actually had 2 coffees today! Work, work, work... I'm a workaholic ;)

heh ... some journalists have just discovered the coffee machine shots coffee with water and lemon. fortunately i had one at the hairdresser's and one in the motel ;)

PS. Rosie I am sorry my SMS yesterday were very brief but I was kinda angry and my battery was almost down.

Hey - don't worry - you're working - and I understand totally how tennis can make us angry sometimes :devil: Thanks a million for the Agustin interview - and for posting it on his Yahoo site too :) Have a good day.

trulliscorpion
09-20-2005, 12:46 PM
believe or not, we don't have any Spanish translators here! There is one hostess who speaks some Spanish, so yesterday's conference with Agustin was very funny, me and my second boss (responsible for conferences) were laughing like crazy and helping Agustin to find the words ;)

Anyone knows how is "Umpire" in Spanish? Today I'm responsible for the conference with Marcos Daniel. No one speaks Portuguese but we are ready for everything. Obrigado!!! heh.... anyone can write smth in Portuguese, like "congratulations" (whooops! he plays Chadaj!) or ehhh I don't know, something funny?

Here's the transcript with Calleri translated quickly into English (BTW I discovered I can't think quickly in English when I'm a bit stressed and I can't express everything what I want :( )

How would you comment today's match?
- The match was very difficult, because Peter is a player who requires much effort from every rival. Besides, I had a very long break, at the beginning it wasn't easy to addapt, I needed to get some self-confidence and trust in my shots.

Did you expect the 3 set match? After the tie-break in the first set it wasn't said the next two will come so easily.
- In the first set I didn't believe in myself too much. Later, it changed. I started playing my very good tennis. I felt more confident in longer actions, but I even went to net few times, successfully.

What do you think about weather in Szczecin? Argentina is a warm country, and Poland in this year season not necessarily.
- But there is winter in Argentina right now! It's 10 C degrees! The conditions here suit me very well, in my opinion it is warm.

In the end of the first set you had some fuss with the umpire that he didn't shout "net". Then you lost few balls, did it effect your loss in that set?
- Net should have been called out, but the umpire didn't hear the ball touching the net. It got on my nerves, because even the crowd shouted I was right.

Most of the Latin American players don't speak English. Why?
- I know English, alike many of my friends, who speak English very well, but I think that if Spanish is my native language, I should use it for interviews.

My excellent question lol. You played great in DC in Malaga when you simply turned down Juan Carlos Ferrero. Everybody was spellbounded with your game and Eurosport's commentators wrote on their website "There are no words to describe the maestry of Calleri". Can you get this shape in future again?
- Oooo, it was my best match in my career! I was ranked 16 then and I didn't complain at any injuries (BTW Agustin says he doesn't suffer of any injuries now). I felt so happy I could help my country! I think Argentina has a big chance to win the DC this year.

I guess I'm qualified to help on Portuguese language..

Congratulations = Parabéns :)

Anything more just ask ;)

Nathaliia
09-20-2005, 12:57 PM
thank you :) ehhh no ideas at this moment... just had an interview with Florent Serra... another VERY nice person, I don't know who was scared more, me or him but we both were trying to make my future article the best. I asked about the things Delsa adviced me, but I forgot to ask about his roots (had it on the top on my tongue... heh and Spaniards started shouting very very loudly so I asked Florent - do they always behave like that? he laughed and said he didn't know but it was crazy :p) and we had a souvenir photo

i hope to write it soon and translate tomorrow or something.

now i'm waiting for the press conference with Marcos Daniel to write the transcript.

hahaha the coaches shout to Agustin "AUGUSTO" :lol:

Hajduk
09-20-2005, 01:35 PM
ivan navarro pastor - t.behrend 4-6 6-4 4-6

Nathaliia
09-20-2005, 01:49 PM
and Agustin with Sebastian won the doubles match but I don't know the score.

*Ljubica*
09-20-2005, 01:51 PM
and Agustin with Sebastian won the doubles match but I don't know the score.

Vamos AUGUSTO ;)

pkubik
09-20-2005, 02:20 PM
kubot def. snobel 6-3 6-2 :)

Russian elephant
09-20-2005, 03:07 PM
A. Calatrava (ESP) def. C. Poch-Gradin (ESP) 7-6 4-6 6-1

pomaten
09-20-2005, 03:22 PM
serra?

Hajduk
09-20-2005, 03:29 PM
serra - Gabriel Trujillo-Soler 2-1

SonicCRO
09-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Nathaliia you are doing great job for you and for us ;) :)

Edve
09-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Matkowski score?

pkubik
09-20-2005, 03:38 PM
matkowski leads 4-3 with hernandez:)

trulliscorpion
09-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Serra is a very Portuguese last name, there are chances that's it.

SonicCRO
09-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Matka great job , gooo ;)

I wish Fytka do it a same thing :)

SonicCRO
09-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Matka 4-4 0-15

pkubik
09-20-2005, 03:43 PM
serra 5-3, matka 5-4

pomaten
09-20-2005, 03:44 PM
please serra scoring

pkubik
09-20-2005, 03:46 PM
serra 5-3 15-40

SonicCRO
09-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Matka 5-5

pkubik
serra 6-4
matka 5-5
portas 7-6 4-6 5-2

SonicCRO
Serra 5-4 40-o

pkubik
09-20-2005, 03:50 PM
serra 6-4
matka 6-5
portas 7-6 4-6 5-3

SonicCRO
09-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Matka 6-5

pkubik
09-20-2005, 03:52 PM
portas def. vicente 7-6 4-6 6-3 :woohoo:

pkubik
09-20-2005, 03:53 PM
matka SP!

pkubik
09-20-2005, 03:56 PM
serra 6-4 *1-0

SonicCRO
09-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Matka 6-6

pkubik
09-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Matka 6-6 :(

pkubik
09-20-2005, 03:58 PM
matka 1-0 but some many chances earlier...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 03:59 PM
2-0

Nathaliia
Serra is a very Portuguese last name, there are chances that's it.
Maybe I still can catch him after the match. He's such a nice guy, he showed me to be "shhh" and smiled when I was going too mad during his match. He won 6/4 as it was written. He's much better player, Trujillo only hits back like a typical Spanish school student ;) Serra doesn't have to play his best and the break-back was because of his deconcentration after leading 2/0. Serra misses the first serve.

Now I must go and eat because I'm half dead. Still gotta write an article about Serra.... I wrote an article about Daniel (i said "obrigado" to him heh he was happy and even more surprised!) and transcript from press conference with Kubot (who spoke toooo fast).

Matkowski 2/1 in tie-break...

seeya soon.

pkubik
2-1

pkubik
3-1

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:00 PM
4-1 :)

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:01 PM
4-2

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:01 PM
serra 6-4 *3-0 he will win this tournament...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:02 PM
4-3 matka...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:03 PM
4-4 :(

pkubik
5-4

pkubik
5-5

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
6-5

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:05 PM
matka took first set 7-6 (5) :)

SonicCRO
09-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Matka 7-6

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:06 PM
serra 6-4 4-0

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:08 PM
impressiv serra!!! 6-4 5-0!

pomaten
09-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Serra :worship:

Russian elephant
09-20-2005, 04:24 PM
OMFG Serra 64 *44... 4 games lost in a row...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:25 PM
something must be wrong... it was 5-0 for serra...

Igor Andreev
09-20-2005, 04:26 PM
мудак серра чтоб ты сдох

Russian elephant
09-20-2005, 04:27 PM
It was Serra 64 40* adv Serra...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:28 PM
serra 5-5 ?!

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:29 PM
no no it was 5-0 for sure!

Igor Andreev
09-20-2005, 04:29 PM
it was 5-0 for sure

Russian elephant
09-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Serra 64 *56...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:31 PM
finally sb is working good!!! matka 2 bps!

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:32 PM
yessss matka leads 7-6 4-2!

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:33 PM
SP soler!

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:34 PM
serra saved...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:35 PM
matka 7-6 5-2 :)

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:36 PM
serra is playing TB now...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:38 PM
serra leads 2-1

Russian elephant
09-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Hmm, Serra leaded 64 *50 against f----- Soler - scoreboard is off (only for this match) - Serra has 64 *54...
What does it mean??? F------ S---!

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:39 PM
matkowski def. hernandez 7-6 (5) 6-2 :woohoo: brawo matka!

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:40 PM
serra leads 4-2 in TB...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:40 PM
serra 5-2...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:41 PM
serra has 4 mps...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:42 PM
6-3 serra...

pkubik
09-20-2005, 04:42 PM
serra def. soler trujillo 6-4 7-6 (3)

Igor Andreev
09-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Hmm, Serra leaded 64 *50 against f----- Soler - scoreboard is off (only for this match) - Serra has 64 *54...
What does it mean??? F------ S---!

когда включили скорборд 5*-0 превратилось в 4-4 ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Russian elephant
09-20-2005, 04:46 PM
В общем, что-то здесь не так, мать их...

KuNchik
09-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Marin Juan Antonio (CRC)
vs
Martin Alberto (ESP)

has started ??