about laaaaaaaaarge posts [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

about laaaaaaaaarge posts

Catriel
07-26-2003, 07:46 PM
I know there is a lot of people who spends in this forum all day (how can they have 5.000 posts??)
Well, I donīt know you but I donīt like very large posts, I donīt read it, I prefer short ones. I try to make my posts very resumed (when my english speach allows me).

I know there are large post that are excellent and cool, but I donīt read it. I pass my eyes on it to see if thereīs something... I donīt know.

What do you think?

Nymeria
07-26-2003, 07:53 PM
You're right Catriel, I don't like to read long posts too! I never have long posts.

Wojtek
08-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Just read Sjengster posts. :rolleyes:

You can do thread : What's shoe-lace? and he will post novel.

Laury
10-05-2003, 04:37 AM
LOL :lol:

Chloe le Bopper
10-05-2003, 07:26 PM
I like long posts. I'd much rather read the words of somebody who actually has something to say, than those who have little more to offer than "Go *insert player name I like*". Not that there is anything wrong with the latter, but it's nice to have posters of all varieties contributing.

CmonAussie
10-05-2003, 07:35 PM
I see^ your point is taken Rebecca..!. But if you were living on the other side of the world{Japan},far from friends & family back home{Aus}, and only had access to a computer once a week- by paying millions of Yen to use at the Internet Cafe; then perhaps the shoe may be on the other foot. *Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes; that way you`re a mile away and you`ve got new shoes, atleast according to Guru Bob.
BTW I was really happy to see Ferrero`s success this Year, and hope he holds No.1 at Masters Cup.

Chloe le Bopper
10-05-2003, 07:43 PM
I see^ your point is taken Rebecca..!. But if you were living on the other side of the world{Japan},far from friends & family back home{Aus}, and only had access to a computer once a week- by paying millions of Yen to use at the Internet Cafe; then perhaps the shoe may be on the other foot. *Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes; that way you`re a mile away and you`ve got new shoes, atleast according to Guru Bob.
BTW I was really happy to see Ferrero`s success this Year, and hope he holds No.1 at Masters Cup.

If I only had limited internet time - or was reading in my second language - I would likely not read very large posts that weren't regarding my topics of interest. Which is why I said that I don't knock the people who say very litte... I would rather read those who say more, but the board has to be completed by all varieties of posters in order to create a diverse atmosphere;) It wasn't criticism, it was an observation.

I'm also happy with Ferrero's success this year... if he's healthy, I think he has it in him to pass Roddick in the race. But only if he's 100%. If not, he's shit out of luck, unfortunately.

J. Corwin
10-05-2003, 08:53 PM
I agree with Rebecca. It is best, imo, to have a diverse environment of all types of posts. I'll find myself on some days reading only shorter ones and scanning the longer ones. There are other days when I quite enjoy reading the longer more thought-out ones.