Tommy out until 2004 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy out until 2004

TheBoiledEgg
07-23-2003, 02:11 PM
In the German press, Haas today announced he won´t make it for the US Open due to a recent surgery and he won´t risk a too early start for 2-3 indoor events this fall in Europe.

He's scheduled to return in Australia 2004.

Good luck, Tommy :) in your comeback next yr

Leo
07-23-2003, 05:58 PM
OMG, I'm in disbelief! He was originally supposed to return in Rotterdam and now he's not coming back at all in 2003. It's disappointing, but I think it's the right decision. Can't wait to see Haas in Australia next year, where he will be the ultimate dangerous floater. Unless they give him a seeding based on his protected ranking? I think that would be fair.

Anyway, is this "recent surgery" the same shoulder surgery from early this year or a newer one? This scares me if Haas can't stay healthy.

Lee
07-23-2003, 06:45 PM
OMG, I'm in disbelief! He was originally supposed to return in Rotterdam and now he's not coming back at all in 2003. It's disappointing, but I think it's the right decision. Can't wait to see Haas in Australia next year, where he will be the ultimate dangerous floater. Unless they give him a seeding based on his protected ranking? I think that would be fair.

Anyway, is this "recent surgery" the same shoulder surgery from early this year or a newer one? This scares me if Haas can't stay healthy.

Yes, scar tissue developed during healing of his shoulder surgery and need another surgery to remove them. :(

Get well soon Tommy and wait until you are fully recover before practice again. Hopefully 5 months are enough!

Leo
07-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Yes, scar tissue developed during healing of his shoulder surgery and need another surgery to remove them. :(

:sad: :sad: :sad:

fleemke²
07-24-2003, 03:46 PM
:banghead: :sad:

Lee
07-26-2003, 07:48 AM
In case Tommy's fans miss the one I post in GM

HAAS RETURN
July 25, 2003

Haas To Miss US Open
German star may return during indoor season.

Tommy Haas has denied a report in a German newspaper that he had decided not to play again this season. Speaking on behalf of Haas, IMG agent Tony Godsick said that the former world No.2 was "unlikely to play the US Open, but he has not yet ruled out playing in the Fall during the European indoor season."

Haas underwent a minor operation last Friday to remove excess scar tissue from his right shoulder.

Haas' last appearance on the ATP circuit was in October last year at the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris. He reached a career-high No.2 in the ATP Entry Rankings in May last year and ended the season with a 45-21 record, shy of his career-best 57-21 season in 2001

casousa
08-08-2003, 12:56 AM
Tommy had already denied that this year is over for him. I read somewhere that he will beback in October!
Let's pray!!

fleemke²
08-08-2003, 12:45 PM
*starts praying* :)

TheBoiledEgg
08-11-2003, 05:55 PM
He's out for season now :sad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/3142251.stm

Lee
08-12-2003, 01:04 AM
He's out for season now :sad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/3142251.stm

Can't see the page, Eggy!

JuaNQui FoReVeR
08-12-2003, 01:06 AM
Yeah, link didn't work, but...

:sad: :sad: :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
08-12-2003, 10:36 AM
link works fine for me :confused:

Haas out for the season

Germany's Tommy Haas will miss the rest of the season after failing to recover from a shoulder injury.
The 25-year-old has had two operations on his shoulder, but has decided not to try and rush back in to competitive action.

"This season is over for me," the German Davis Cup player revealed.

"There is nothing worse than wanting to do your job and not being able to."

Haas showed early promise by climbing in to the top 10 rankings but his career has been dogged by injuries.

The German has not played a tournament since last October, but is targeting a return to the practice courts in September.