Carpel Tunnel Syndrome [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi there, for about 3/4 years i was experiencing pain in my hands (at the time i didnt know what it was, but recently i read through a biomechanics book and noticed that the symptons of carpel tunnel syndrome are exactly what i have been getting). IE swelling fingers, pain in my hands, numbness, pins and needles, hands going blue, also becoming very itchy!

Luckily its not that bad, i dont get it that often (but i have it in both hands :mad: lol i cant just have it in one can i!)

I am posting here to see if anyone has had experience with a problem like this and whats the action that is usually taken? I hear its not very common for a 16-19 year old to get (so i can only presume it will get worse as i get older).

User ID 4783
08-29-2005, 05:13 PM
are you sure you've really got that syndrome? Maybe you should go to a doctor first ;)

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 05:27 PM
are you sure you've really got that syndrome? Maybe you should go to a doctor first ;)
Yes i am sure, every symton listed on all the websites i seem to get. I thought it was bad circulation at first (until i read about this carpel tunnel thing).

adee-gee
08-29-2005, 06:13 PM
I have no idea what it is....But I agree, go and see a Doctor to make sure. I'd imagine they're in a better position to tell you how to go about treating it than a Scotsman on a tennis board :p

NINA_BCN
08-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Hi there, for about 3/4 years i was experiencing pain in my hands (at the time i didnt know what it was, but recently i read through a biomechanics book and noticed that the symptons of carpel tunnel syndrome are exactly what i have been getting). IE swelling fingers, pain in my hands, numbness, pins and needles, hands going blue, also becoming very itchy!

Luckily its not that bad, i dont get it that often (but i have it in both hands :mad: lol i cant just have it in one can i!)

I am posting here to see if anyone has had experience with a problem like this and whats the action that is usually taken? I hear its not very common for a 16-19 year old to get (so i can only presume it will get worse as i get older).

The 1st thing you have to do is........going to the doctor!!!!!! If it's a CTS and there isn't a treatment, it'll be worse (it's a commpresion of the nerves in the carpal tunnel). A MRI scan is needed for being sure of it.

An advice of a physio. ;)

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 07:15 PM
The 1st thing you have to do is........going to the doctor!!!!!! If it's a CTS and there isn't a treatment, it'll be worse (it's a commpresion of the nerves in the carpal tunnel). A MRI scan is needed for being sure of it.

An advice of a physio. ;)
HEHE thanks ;) i thought someone with experience may be on here (so many people and diverse kinds of people!). I have been to the doctors about 6-8 times in the past month :haha: because i had an operation on my butt and they had to sort it out every few days! A new problem for them this time :help:

NINA_BCN
08-29-2005, 07:20 PM
HEHE thanks ;) i thought someone with experience may be on here (so many people and diverse kinds of people!). I have been to the doctors about 6-8 times in the past month :haha: because i had an operation on my butt and they had to sort it out every few days! A new problem for them this time :help:

Ah!!! :rolleyes: IT'S THEIR JOB. :p

Avid Merrion
08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
yeah, like most people are saying here go to the doctor and get it checked out. it might not be CTS, it could be RSI or something like that. i had bother with my wrists/hands a while back and self-diagnosed myself with CTS when it wasn't at all :lol: i love a bit of drama ;) wrist splints, rest and icepacks can help and acupunture helped me a lot, but you are best finding out what it is first.

good luck :)

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 07:25 PM
yeah, like most people are saying here go to the doctor and get it checked out. it might not be CTS, it could be RSI or something like that. i had bother with my wrists/hands a while back and self-diagnosed myself with CTS when it wasn't at all :lol: i love a bit of drama ;) wrist splints, rest and icepacks can help and acupunture helped me a lot, but you are best finding out what it is first.

good luck :)
:yeah:

adee-gee
08-29-2005, 09:29 PM
The operation on your butt....Wasn't an abcess was it?

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 09:33 PM
The operation on your butt....Wasn't an abcess was it?
Yes :mad: 3rd operation :mad: still problems with it now

adee-gee
08-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Yes :mad: 3rd operation :mad: still problems with it now

:lol: I had one in my bum a few years ago. I had 1 operation and it was fine after that. I remember before I had it, I complained my ass was sore, and my dad (who is a GP) told me it was probably nothing. Then a couple of days later we were in the car, going over some humps in the road and my ass had never felt so sore in my life. So we got it properly checked out, turned out I had an abcess and I had to have an operation. As I say, its all good now though :D

Hope you get better soon bro :hug:

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 09:57 PM
:lol: I had one in my bum a few years ago. I had 1 operation and it was fine after that. I remember before I had it, I complained my ass was sore, and my dad (who is a GP) told me it was probably nothing. Then a couple of days later we were in the car, going over some humps in the road and my ass had never felt so sore in my life. So we got it properly checked out, turned out I had an abcess and I had to have an operation. As I say, its all good now though :D

Hope you get better soon bro :hug:
Yes the pain was fine before i had it done, i left it for 5-6 months thinking it was a spot :D it wasnt painful at all! But my mistake was getting it operated on. All that hassle afterwards and the pain due to them stitching it :mad: i really wished i didnt bother get it done. Because i couldnt exercise for 3 months last time, and i dont see it being any quicker this time. Not to mention having to stay at home for 4-6 weeks :eek:

You would have thought they would have find a cure, everyone i speak to has it done multiple times :eek: but anyway if it doesnt work this time, fuck it (i am not wasting months of my time to get it done again just for a little spot :lol: ). The only problem is with afterwards the surgery makes the wound funny, and its worse than when the absces was there :lol: I am sure you know how annoying they are. Its been 6 weeks i think now and it hasnt healed, there is a small hole where blood is leaking out everyday :mad: so i dont know how long it will take

adee-gee
08-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah I remember it being a real pain in the ass (pardon the pun) after the operation.

I seem to remember doing a poo was a helluva problem :crying2:

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah I remember it being a real pain in the ass (pardon the pun) after the operation.

I seem to remember doing a poo was a helluva problem :crying2:
Last time i really struggled, they stitched my cheeks so tightly it was awful! and painful. So it was so difficult to crap because i was frightened of ripping the stitches, i couldnt go for 7 days and my guts were killing me because i was blocked up :lol: this time the stitches were quite loose so i didnt have any pain, and it took me 3 days to go :haha:

Last time i had the stitches in for 6 weeks and i think it healed so much i had a little lump :mad: at least time it wasnt painful and the stitches were loose and out after 2 weeks.

I dont go back till october 7th for final checkup which is a joke considering it hasnt healed yet, i cant see it healing by magic myself :shrug: But they say its normal for it to be bleeding and leaking puss :eek:

adee-gee
08-29-2005, 10:15 PM
:lol: this thread is bringing back memories I really didn't want to bring back! I think my asscheeks were stitched tightly, I seem to recall being in a similar dilemna to you!

I didn't actually realise they could come back, I thought mine was just the usual where you get it removed via an operation and that's done for. You learn something new every day ;)

Domino
08-29-2005, 10:19 PM
Do you play video games? Playing too much inflames the syndrome, and is what causes it in teenagers, when they get it.

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Do you play video games? Playing too much inflames the syndrome, and is what causes it in teenagers, when they get it.
Not at all :eek: maybe once or twice a month.

joeb_uk
08-29-2005, 10:26 PM
:lol: this thread is bringing back memories I really didn't want to bring back! I think my asscheeks were stitched tightly, I seem to recall being in a similar dilemna to you!

I didn't actually realise they could come back, I thought mine was just the usual where you get it removed via an operation and that's done for. You learn something new every day ;)
Well every other person i have spoken to (apart from my mum, who is also the only female i have ever heard of having it) have had it come back. And all the surgeons say its a problem that will come back again and again :D i guess its because i have the worlds hairiest arse :cool: :lol: Which is one of the main problems for getting these! I have spoken to people who have had it done 5-7 times (the thing is, they are bad operations where its packed too instead of stitched so for 2 months every day they have to push packing into the hole :eek: must be awfully painful and uncomfortable!). My mum had it done 20-25 years ago and still has a huge scar (from where she had it packed). I just had myn drained once and stitcthed twice

nermo
08-29-2005, 10:35 PM
well, Joeb uk..it's not a new advice, but first of all, u 've got to see a doctor, ..radiodiagnosis is needed, to see specifically what it is,how bad is it in every hand, there's a possibility of it being Carpel Tunnel syndrome , or it can be another thing,like some tendon inflammation, or so, specially regarding ur age...which i think is a bit early for this??and any way, hope u get well soooon..

buddyholly
08-30-2005, 03:50 AM
I dont go back till october 7th for final checkup which is a joke considering it hasnt healed yet, i cant see it healing by magic myself :shrug: But they say its normal for it to be bleeding and leaking puss :eek:

Am I right in thinking you are being treated on the British National Health scheme?
(pus has one s. Your spelling is approaching double entendre status.)

buddyholly
08-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Are you sure you are not a cyber-hypochondriac? Anyone who has scoured the Internet for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome should at least be able to spell it by now?
Anyway, it can be caused by too much keyboard use, so turn off MTF and call me in the morning.

joeb_uk
08-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Exactly what I expected you from holly, you often try to be a smart ass (I have seen it in many of your posts, but often ignored it). You do not need to comment on such trivial crap! Actually its very sad that you want to correct peoples spellings on here :lol:

bad gambler
08-30-2005, 10:50 AM

i'm not suprised, given you are a real pain in the ass :silly:

alfonsojose
08-30-2005, 02:47 PM
joeb :hug: any problems with your butt? :angel: :drool: ;)

buddyholly
08-31-2005, 03:44 AM
Exactly what I expected you from holly, you often try to be a smart ass (I have seen it in many of your posts, but often ignored it). You do not need to comment on such trivial crap! Actually its very sad that you want to correct peoples spellings on here :lol:

Well I was just commenting on your thread. If you think your thread is trivial crap who am I to disagree?
On the whole, I think a smart ass is a hole lot better than a smartin' ass.

Scotso
08-31-2005, 03:52 AM
Maybe if you didn't post so much you wouldn't have it.

I have it, too, btw and I'm 22. The computer generation = CTS.

adee-gee
08-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Well I was just commenting on your thread. If you think your thread is trivial crap who am I to disagree?
On the whole, I think a smart ass is a hole lot better than a smartin' ass.

Do you mean "I think a smart ass is a whole lot better" :rolleyes:

joeb_uk
08-31-2005, 04:31 PM
Do you mean "I think a smart ass is a whole lot better" :rolleyes:
:lol: Dont worry adee, buddy is an old man! Too old to make trivial errors :tape:

No wonder buddy is always posting in the last poster to badrep you thread :eek: :help:

Jim Jones
08-31-2005, 09:34 PM
Buddyholly, you post a picture of you on this forum, than I promise I'll do the same with me. I picture you being in your 50s/60s, retired and living the time of your life. Hope you enjoy Indonesia & other countries you visit.

buddyholly
09-01-2005, 12:58 AM
:lol: Dont worry adee, buddy is an old man! Too old to make trivial errors :tape:

Exactly! We old people call them puns. Unfortunately it was way over adee's head.

buddyholly
09-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Buddyholly, you post a picture of you on this forum, than I promise I'll do the same with me. I picture you being in your 50s/60s, retired and living the time of your life. Hope you enjoy Indonesia & other countries you visit.

You can see me in my av. I'm posting from rock'n'roll heaven.

adee-gee
09-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Exactly! We old people call them puns. Unfortunately it was way over adee's head.

:haha: good cover up. well done.

joeb_uk
09-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Almost went unseen :D :yeah:

buddyholly
09-01-2005, 10:59 PM

Sorry, there was no cover up. I even included the word ''whole'' in the same sentence, hoping to head off people that missed the pun from pointing out that I had made a ''mistake''.
Sorry guys, you are not ready for the big leagues. Best just to let it go than to embarrass yourself even more.