US OPEN 2005 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

US OPEN 2005

victoria_maraude
08-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Tommy is playing today against Peter Luczak.
Please sweetie play well and win this match!

Jogy
08-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Tommy is playing soon now and I hope I can be watching on TV the match!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

YES!!

bad that is against Luczak, but Tommy is higher fav and he must win it! Go Haas!

AUF!

Neely
08-29-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm sure they will show it, he is playing on Armstrong, they have pictures from this court!

yumo
08-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Tommy was won

Tommy Haas GER (29) 3 6 6 6

Peter Luczak AUS 6 3 2 3
:clap2:

Hasilicious
08-31-2005, 03:22 AM
Tommy to play doubles in the morning with Waske! What a pair!!!

Roddick just lost, so the bracket opens for Tommy!

victoria_maraude
09-01-2005, 01:18 AM
Schuettler is next! Good luck Tommy! And keep on winning ;)

AsianSensation
09-01-2005, 11:14 PM
On to the next round!

Jogy
09-02-2005, 11:52 PM
GREAT MATCH TOMMY AGAINST SCHÜTTLER!!!!!!
BRILLIANT PLAY IN SET 2 & 3

Rainer has given up there a bit soon
I like Rainer well, but more happy that Tommy :)

Now beat all Tommy!

Hasilicious
09-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Feature match tomorrow night: Tommy! You love the crowd baby! Take it!

Fee
09-03-2005, 05:57 AM
So, I was at the USO for the first three days. I spoke to Tommy briefly on Tuesday during Glenn Weiner's match, got a hug from him. When I told him I felt like I hadn't seen him in ages, he said, 'Yes, I missed you in LA, what happened to you?' So I told him my money tree didn't bear fruit this year and he said, 'Well that happens sometimes.' He did mention that he may not play San Jose next year (very bad news for me personally) because he may play the European swing and Dubai instead, but he hasn't made up his mind yet. He looked good, as always. I didn't actually get to see him play except for a few games in the second set of his first round match. I mentioned to him that he had me a bit worried after that first set, and he said he had himself worried as well (that was cute). I also saw a few points of his doubles match on Wednesday, but I was at another match so I missed most of it. Red Ayme was not there with him, so I don't know if that means they have split or if Red had to take care of some personal matters. I'll see if I can find any info about that topic anywhere. I saw him briefly near the practice courts, working out with Walt Landers (who worked with Safin for a while, and has worked with many other players, but Walt is a bit of a character and he never lasts very long with anyone). I think that's it for my Tommy news. :D

Neely
09-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks for this report, Fee. It was a good one! :yeah:

The commentators also said a few times that Red Ayme is not here with Tommy at the US Open and that they are not longer working together. Tommy asked Kühnen to coach him and to take care of him these days.

Fee
09-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, I think that is just unfortunate. The times that I have seen Red and Tommy together, off court, wherever, I thought they fit together. Tommy could be himself around Red knowing that Red wasn't taking it personally, and Red took care of Tommy like a good coach should. But Tommy has left Red before and come back, so who knows what will happen in the long run.

Neely
09-03-2005, 09:47 PM
But Tommy has left Red before and come back, so who knows what will happen in the long run.
Exactly, the current status doesn't need to be the end of the story.

Jogy
09-03-2005, 10:31 PM
time for Tommy to do something VERY VERY BIG TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Show Ginepri his limits today night and beat him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON!!!

Neely
09-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Too bad, I stayed up all night and watched this five setter. I was great and I enjoyed the match, I always hoped Tommy is going to come back and he did try. Just with wrong end at the end, the most important points went to Ginepri in the fifth, Tommy had several times a good luck on Ginepri's serve, 15-30, 30-30, break point, I guess even 0-30... but he couldn't do the decisive step to take one. He fought off one break point of Ginepri in that last game, but the 2nd chance was it for Ginepri.

Agassi Fan
09-04-2005, 01:50 PM
:-((

smucav
09-04-2005, 04:07 PM
The commentators also said a few times that Red Ayme is not here with Tommy at the US Open and that they are not longer working together. Tommy asked Kühnen to coach him and to take care of him these days.During Saturday night's match, Ted Robinson & Johnny Mac got a phone message from Red Ayme (about a half hour after they were questioning where he was). He said that he had not been fired again, but that he & Nick (Bolletieri) decided before the U.S. Open that Nick would travel with Tommy for now, while Red stays in Florida to run his academy. However, Red still talks to Tommy everyday on the phone.

Fee
09-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Thank you. I taped the match because I had to be in and out of that room cooking dinner and such so I missed that bit. I'll listen for it when I watch the match again.

Jogy
09-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I was very very dissappointed
Tommys knowledge to win such matches is gone for this year :sad:
Ginepri played good but not so much special that tommy could not win him

disappointed tournament :banghead: :mad: