Chloe Goes to Qualies (Report and Pictures) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Chloe Goes to Qualies (Report and Pictures)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 03:27 AM
I suppose I could blog this, but those confuse me. Besides, I had been using mine just to write random stupid stuff.

If this belongs in the USO forum, somebody is welcome to move it. I put it here so that more people would see it, as per request.

If you are looking for detailed match reports, then you might want to skip this. It's people based and will have random comments about my trip and people I met.

Moving forward...

I arrived in NYC on Monday, but did nontennis blah that day. I stayed at Jazz-on-the-Park hostel at Central Park West. I liked the area, but I wish I had known it was going to be dead by midnight, or I would have arranged to be back much sooner. There are things I would rather do than wander alongside Central Park by myself, with luggage, at night when nobody is around to hear me die a horrible death.

Anyways, so I get up to my room and realize that since it's near the outside lounge where people are drinking, that the light is going to be on and the door left open the entire night. I was too tired to care, but normally this would madden me. Also, there were 6 bunk beds in the smallest room possible, and I had to unpack clothing on my bed and sleep with my bags on my bed since there was nowhere else to put them.

Then I decide I need to shower before bed, since I have to check into my other hostel first thing in the morning before heading to flushing for tennis. So I end up waiting a full hour for the front desk guy to bring my a towel. He seems more interested in chatting me and everybody else up than getting his partner to come downstairs and get me a bloody towel. And it turns out there were towels behind him the entire time. SIGH. I got to bed at 3am.

The moral of the story is that if you are going to stay at Jazz-on-the-Park, only do so if you plan on getting drunk, partying, and then crashing. Very nice staff, but it's loud and messy as Hell.

Okay, tennis on Tuesday will come in the next post ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 03:52 AM
And then it was Tuesday. After my nice 4 hour sleep, I wander from 106 to 100 looking for 103rd and Amsterdam, because I'm a bit slow at that time in the morning. Eventually I find my hostel for the rest of the trip, Hostelling International NY, and check my bags. Then it's off to tennis, which is about an hour trip from that area by Central Park.

As has become my tradition at tennis, I plan to meet with people at the Arthur Ashe statue across from Ashe stadium. I didn't meet some until later since their train was late or some blah, but I met Jess (savestheday), whom I already knew from Montreal, and her mother. We go get an order of play and blah, and I make a point of circling everybody that I have to see so that I don't somehow fail to notice them on the sheet later that day.

I would have gotten an order of play on my way in, had I known where to do so. Later in the week they have them as soon as you enter the gates, but the first two days I had to go to the Information booth. This was clearly too obvious for me, and I had to find out from a nice man who was sitting near me that I spoke with before meeting Jess. Around this time I also spotted my first player of the USO - Adam Chadaj! No, really! He was! His blonde 'fro ran right by me a few times. It was impossible not to recognize him.

It seems that the first match we went to was Harel Levy vs Dusan Vemic. This was Jess' idea, because she likes to stalk people and hope they might show up at their countrymen's matches :p I didn't stick it out long, and wandered off to find Tipsarevic practicing a couple courts over. I alerted Jess, who joined me watching him. Not without arguing that it didn't look like Tipsarevic, though. Granted, he was one court over from where we were viewing, but come on! Who else looks like that, Jess? :p

Then it appears that I saw Clement practice. Somebody likes him that I chat with *cough*Deb*cough* so I took some pictures. Actually, I took pictures of everybody I have mentioned so far. If I hadn't, I probably wouldn't remember I saw them ;)

For some reason I watched the last set of Pless-Karanusic. I think Pless was injured. He didn't call for the trainer, but he was lying on the ground and stretching is back on changeovers. Karanusic was bouncing his racquet all over the place and not playing particularly well. He wasn't smashing it violently, he was just making it bounce so that he could then catch it. He did this over and over and over again until he finally got a code violation for it, at which point he finally just chucked it at his chair, knocking the chair a bit. I liked Roko, he was expressive :p Eventually he lost, and he didn't seem to take it too hard. I suppose that he could have, but he and Pless exchanged some kind words at the net (judging by their body language) and then he sat with his coach on the bench by the court for a while, and a short while later I spotted them eating in the food court.

After that I watched some of Gilles Simon and Ivan Miranda. I wasn't there for too long, since I only really went to take photos of Simon for somebody who insisted upon it, even though said person didn't take any photos of Mahut for me when he caught him practicing nekkid in Washington. *cough*KarolBeckFan*cough* Simon looks awfully young.

I watched the end of Dancevic and Mlynarik. Mlynarik's cheering squad was tiny, but they sure were loud. And he.... really shouldn't have lost that match. He served for it once that I saw, and possibly again before that. But when it came to the tb, Frank just stepped it up and served his brains out, was very agressive, and it paid off for him. I was rooting for Frank and good on him for pulling this match out, but I felt a bit for Mlynarik - and his camp!

Then it was time for the Adam Chadaj show. I wish that I could say more about Adam than his hair is awesome and who I assume is his gf is very good looking... but I really can't ;) He was not having a good day. He doesn't seem to have one great shot, so I imagine that his keys are his speed and consistency off the ground... and he was sadly lacking consistency this day. He tried to mix it up a few times by throwing in a lob or drop shot, but they usually missed. The drop shots would bounce off the net back at him and the lobs would go long or wide. Like, he has to be better than this some days or he would not be ranked in the top 500 ;) Anyways, so that is how Parmar kicked his butt. His hair still rules though. I took a picture of his gf too, when she wasn't looking. I think she was glaring at me for talking too much, but it could have been my imagination.

After that I watched some of Roger-Vasselin and Pavel Snobel. I like, had to leave though, because Richard Gasquet was sitting right across court from me and I kept staring at his hair. Okay, I admit it. I really was doing this. I was having a fight with myself. It went something like this: "Wow, Richard has great hair! Give him a couple years and it will be as nice as Paul Henri's! Ew, Rebecca. STOP THAT. But, Richard has great hair! EW! STOP THAT!" It was really retarded and I couldn't handle it anymore, so I ran away. I have all these photos of R-V though, because I could have sworn that somebody asked me to take some. Now I'm thinking I imagined that. Most didn't turn out anyways.

I saw Schuettler practicing on court 5. Nobody cared, so it was easy to take pictures of him...but they kind of suck. Oh well.

Then I stopped and took a couple pictures of De Chaunac as I was walking by, and I really don't know why I did that. Probably because he beat Coria this year and now I know what he looks like.

Then I met up with Jess again - I saw her gawking from the bleachers on court 4 over the practice courts and realized that she was either seeing Djokovic or somebody else that rawks. So I follow her up there and we proceed to stare at Mario and Djokovic for the next hour. Well, I wasn't really paying attention to Mario, but I like him too so I probably should have been. I took lame pictures from up there, and they suck. Delic was playing Bogomolov on the court we were standing at, but who cared? And Delic is kind of hot to boot.

I saw some of Del Potro and Delgado. I left after the start of the second set. Did Del Potro call the trainer? Anyways, he's very raw and inconsistent. He would play a brilliant couple of points followed by several awful ones. But he's young - and TALL. I'll keep an eye on him. Delgado was basically cruising while I was there.

That's pretty much Tuesday. I will put the pyhotos up and now and link to them ASAP. I might have time to write up Wednesday after that.

I also saw some of the women, but I'm leaving them out of the reports.

El Legenda
08-28-2005, 04:05 AM
can i get a summry of that..i cant read that book :lol:

silverwhite
08-28-2005, 04:07 AM
After that I watched some of Roger-Vasselin and Pavel Snobel. I like, had to leave though, because Richard Gasquet was sitting right across court from me and I kept staring at his hair. Okay, I admit it. I really was doing this. I was having a fight with myself. It went something like this: "Wow, Richard has great hair! Give him a couple years and it will be as nice as Paul Henri's! Ew, Rebecca. STOP THAT. But, Richard has great hair! EW! STOP THAT!" It was really retarded and I couldn't handle it anymore, so I ran away. I have all these photos of R-V though, because I could have sworn that somebody asked me to take some. Now I'm thinking I imagined that. Most didn't turn out anyways.

:lol: Did he recognise you as the one who took those photos of him at Montreal? ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 04:10 AM
The summary can be found in the photos, ici: http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/500/page/4/ppuser/144/sortby/d/way/desc

I didn't realize until after i had uploaded them that I could have put them in an album seperate from my Montreal ones. I see no way for me to move them now, and if there is one I imagine it's a gigantic pain in the ass. So, the USO photos hsould start on page one and are in order by day, then reverse alphabetically. They should start at page 1 and go till page 4.

Some of them blow, but I kept them anyways so that I could remember who I had seen. If I didn't take picture of your favourite or whatever, sorry, but you should have asked when I said I was going :p

Lee
08-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Thanks Chloe!

I saw Schuettler practicing on court 5. Nobody cared, so it was easy to take pictures of him...but they kind of suck. Oh well.

Pix that suck are still better than nothing ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 04:12 AM
:lol: Did he recognise you as the one who took those photos of him at Montreal? ;)
I was going to take some of THOSE photos again, but there was less of a crowd so I felt silly :p Mind you, I have one with his coach and half of him in the background, but that was by accident and I didn't notice it until I was cropping R-V.

I did catch Gasquet practicing another day, and will post those when I get to it.

silverwhite
08-28-2005, 04:17 AM
I was going to take some of THOSE photos again, but there was less of a crowd so I felt silly :p Mind you, I have one with his coach and half of him in the background, but that was by accident and I didn't notice it until I was cropping R-V.

I did catch Gasquet practicing another day, and will post those when I get to it.

Enough of his coach, please. THOSE photos of his coach still bring back nightmares. :scared:

TennisLurker
08-28-2005, 04:18 AM
is this melzer?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/13705/cat/500/ppuser/144/sortby/d/way/desc

Lee
08-28-2005, 04:24 AM
Chloe, who's Rainer practiced with?

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 05:19 AM
Chloe, who's Rainer practiced with?
Just his coach, I think.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 05:20 AM
is this melzer?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/13705/cat/500/ppuser/144/sortby/d/way/desc
That's Djokovic. I have better pictures of him that will be up in the next hour. I dweebed out and took that from a distance, so it blows.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Enough of his coach, please. THOSE photos of his coach still bring back nightmares. :scared:
LOL

Well, he is in plain sight in the R-V photo that I cropped him out of, but he had clothes on this time. I just had to make it smaller. Do you want me to send the whole thing your way? ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 05:56 AM
Wednesday photos are going up now, but are taking a while since there are 100 of them :o I may have gotten a bit carried away over Mahut and Djokovic. Oh, and anybody who is going to question my taste is to leave this thread instantly ;)

Again, the photos will be in order with the newest ones up first and in alphabetic order by name for each day. Or something along that lines. Basically, I will have at least one photo of everybody mentionedi n the reports. If you can't find something you arel ooking for, let me know.

savesthedizzle
08-28-2005, 06:06 AM
This was Jess' idea, because she likes to stalk people and hope they might show up at their countrymen's matches :p

Hey... it was a good idea. Janko showed up, just not the Serb I wanted.

I didn't stick it out long, and wandered off to find Tipsarevic practicing a couple courts over. I alerted Jess, who joined me watching him. Not without arguing that it didn't look like Tipsarevic, though. Granted, he was one court over from where we were viewing, but come on! Who else looks like that, Jess? :p

Dude. I swear it didn't really look like him because I saw no tattoos! It wasn't until he was close enough for me to see the piercing that I was convinced!

Then I met up with Jess again - I saw her gawking from the bleachers on court 4 over the practice courts and realized that she was either seeing Djokovic or somebody else that rawks. So I follow her up there and we proceed to stare at Mario and Djokovic for the next hour.

The sad thing is that I had been watching Djokovic practice for about an hour before you even got there and it was my third time seeing him that day. :shrug: Some people run around searching for Nadal or Federer, meh, give me Djokovic anyday. I like how scared of me he is.

Now to look at the pics. Mine are all in my gallery now btw.

Action Jackson
08-28-2005, 06:07 AM
Thanks in advance for that Chloe, your photos are much better than anything I attempt to take.

silverwhite
08-28-2005, 06:09 AM
LOL

Well, he is in plain sight in the R-V photo that I cropped him out of, but he had clothes on this time. I just had to make it smaller. Do you want me to send the whole thing your way? ;)

It's OK. I will just view them from your photo gallery. :)

BTW, did you watch him practise? I heard Lleyton and Marat approached him and he had to turn down Rusedski. :lol: How is he playing? His coach told the media that he is experiencing the first symptoms of tennis elbow. :(

delsa
08-28-2005, 06:21 AM
Thank you very much for the reports, Chloe! :worship:
I'm going to check the photo gallery now.
And eric is seen to much on photos... :o :lol: As i already said, he should find a good dietetician, and esthetician, and dentist, and hair dresser, and dermatologist, and a time machine and...(actually only the dietetician...i'm too mean... :p ) if he wants not to scare ppl when he's on pictures (especially when he cracks the shirtless pose... :o ).

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 06:35 AM
It's OK. I will just view them from your photo gallery. :)

BTW, did you watch him practise? I heard Lleyton and Marat approached him and he had to turn down Rusedski. :lol: How is he playing? His coach told the media that he is experiencing the first symptoms of tennis elbow. :(

Are you asking about Richard? I didn't watch his whole practice, just a few minutes. I was the only one taking pictures, and felt sort of weird since I felt like I was stalking him or something :p He was practicing with Mayer when I saw him. That was Friday, and those will be up tomorrow or Monday. I put Wedneday photos up already, and will write that day up shortly.... but then I'm done for the night. I just cropped 100 photos and I'm tired ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 07:27 AM
And then it was Wednesday.

I woke up to find somebody sleeping at the foot of the bunk. I looked down at him for a while and wondered if I was too tired to make a flying leap over him. I decided that yes, I probably was. Thankfully, he stirred and looked up, then rolled over so that I had room. Why there were people on my floor, I never entirely understood, but they were there the entire time. I think their friends were in that room and just letting them sleep on the floor for free. If I was a jerk I could have reported them, but I'm not.

So I skip breakfast because I'm a cheapskate, and off to the tennis I go. So, as I always do, I take my order of play and sit at my spot by the Ashe statue. I didn't really have plans to meet up with anybody new today, so I wasn't stressed or anything.

My first stop of the day was Clement and Chen on court 11. I watched the first set and had a good feeling that Clement would run away with it. Chen wasn't bad but he seemed nervous and was making some bad errors as a result of that.

After that I spent time watching women's tennis to take pictures of somebody that a friend of mine happens to like.

Then it was time to check out Strakhovsky, whom somebody from my board had asked that I see. Well, I'm glad that I did! I really liked his game and hope to see more of him in the future. I suck at explaining games, but I'll do what I can here. He has a one handed backhand, is fairly agressive, finishes quite a few points at the net, moves pretty well, etc. There, that's why I don't explain how people play or what their strengths and weaknesses are ;) Anyways, he sort of gagged when serving for the match against Carraz. He had a sitter at the net and he just dumped it. And the point before that he got fairly passive. If I remember correctly he needed at least a couple match points to close it out. Carraz was pissed when he got broken at 4all in the third, btw. He pouted in his chair and chucked his water bottle on to the court so hard that it busted and the ball people had to towel that part of the court off. Not that I blame him for being upset, I'm just sayin'.

Women's tennis stuff, blah.

I saw Marray play, because for some reason he has a fan thread on my board. So I took photos of him for them. Marray was playing Ascione. I don't think that he actually does, but Ascione kind of looks like he has a beer belly. I think he's just built thick like Nalbandian. I saw Luczak at some point during that time, but not for long. I just walked by and took a picture in case somebody liked him.

I saw Mayer practicing. I'm hard of seeing and wasn't sure it was him at first :p

And then, the event that made my day :p Well, one of two events that made my day. I see a crowd at the covered practice courts and wonder - who is here? So I get closer and see Novak Djokovic practicing and think "YAY" because I like him lots. So I take out my camera and then I get thinking.... erm, why the crowd? I mean, Novak rawks, but most people don't know that yet. So I ask somebody what is going on and they tell me that Federer is on the other side of the court (which I couldn't see from where I was standing). lol! I was not nearly as excited about this as he thought I should be, and continued trying to take pictures of Novak. So the guy is like "no no, that's Federer on the other side". lol! I'm like "yeah, I know". So then no less than half a dozen people over the next little while ask me who Novak is, where he's from, how old, is he any good, etc. Since I mispronounce his name, this kind of blew. But either than that it was fine. I watched this practice for about an hour and then took some photos of Novak on his way out, because I'm creepy like that. He thinks so too, if you look at the look on his face in the last one ;)

I went to Benneteau and Hilton after that, to take some photos of Julien for a friend of mine who loves him *cough*Esther*cough*

I decided to wander at that point and see who was practicing. On the way to the practice courts I came across John Paul Fruttero and Michael Lammer. I wouldn't have stopped, since I wasn't interested in either, but Fruttero had this American flag bandana that amused me. Now, there is nothing wrong with this bandana, but it caught my attention and I'm easily amused. So I took a photo of him and noted that he doesn't curse to himself in English. Did he anglo his name to John Paul, or was he born in the USA? The ATP site tells me nothing, aside from the fact that we share a birthday. This makes him awesome.

Moving on, I saw Gambill and Schuettler practicing. Took one photo of each and took off. The other day when I had seen Gambill somebody asked me if it was indeed he, because they thought as much from his two handed forehad. I said that year, I recognized him because of his torso.

For the second year in a row I watched Vahaly bow out of qualies on court 7. Too bad for him, he seems likable.

Then Paula Garcia and Virginia Ruano-Pascual won the "you play right before Mahut" sweepstake and got to have their pictures taken by moi. I had spent the entire day tracking the progress on court 13, because Mahut was 4th on that court and I lurve him. Anybody who has anything bad to say about him is banned from this thread. That means you, KBF :p

I watched Mahut's entire match, because I lurve him. I even kept the bad photos where he's like, wiping his face or nose or something, because I'm really quite sad. My favourite is the one where he has a disgusted look on his face and appears to be looking towards the camera. Well, he is sort of, becaue I was sitting two feet over from his coach or trainer or whatever. He glared at him basically the whole match. He played awful. I was sad. He can play much better than that. There were 2 or 3 double faults in the tie break with one of them coming at set point down. That about sums up how the match went. I sulked for a good half hour after this because, in case I failed to mention it, I lurve Mahut. My chance to see him for another two days had been crushed by Amritraj, who played well enough. It pains me to write about this ;)

After sulking for a while like the loser fan girl that I am,... wait, wait, no first I followed him out like the loser fangirl that I am. His coach walked like, 20 meters behind him and Nicolas just went straight for the cars. I found this a bit strange, but I guess he's the sort that you don't go 5 feet from after a loss, which is more or less what I had figured out in Montreal as I watched him almost trample people on his way back to the players area after losing to Rochus. So then I sulked, then it was time for Dudi Sela and Andy Murray.

I really wanted to see Murray, since I've been kidding about him on here for a while to tease da hatas :p Also, a couple posters asked me to get Dudi pictures of something, so I did that. It was an enjoyable match, with the best point coming right before the last point of the match. I didn't count but it was more than a dozen strokes with some lobs, drop shots, and finally Murray getting something he couldn't handle at the net and dumping. The Dudi fans went wild ;)

This match was fairly heavily attended, mainly because of the Murray buss I think, but the Israeli players had a good deal of support in qualies, I found. Dudi went off with his coach after the loss and his coach had his arm around him - I was like "aw, Dudi!" Then some of his fans went after him for photos. He was clearly crushed but stopped to take photos for them anyways, which I thought was awfully nice. I wouldn't have blamed him for sulking off (even though he didn't play badly at all, he just had a bad draw). About 5 minutes pass and I walk past court 7 again and see that Andy is still on court with a fairly large crowd of people waiting for photos and autographs as he gives an on camera interview on court. I found this all quite stunning and tried to get some photos of it, lol. The ones I got the next match were a bit better, and Friday was absolutely chaos. The media has made him quite the star, apparently :o I mean, I expected buzz, but that exceeded my expections.

Anyways, this youngish guy, a teenger, goes up and talks to Andy after the match. I had been sitting near him and it was clear he was a huge fan. No idea if he posts here, but I decided that he is definitely Andy's number 1 fan, and anybody who claims otherwise is lying ;) I literally saw him do a fist pump after Andy walked away victorious. It was amazing.

Anyways, Andy haters should beware. He's very good and he is way too conceited to fail :devil:

That's pretty much Wednesday. I will write up the other two days and put photos up from those days tomorrow or Monday.

Action Jackson
08-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Luczak is my favourite Aussie player and thanks for taking a pic I know a few people that would be happy about that.

Hehehehe, the Federer reaction well only the cantankerous Chloe could pull off such a dismissive pose.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Well, I did take photos of Federer, just not as many ;) I thought his fans might appreciate it, and as I said, I try to photograph everybody to remember who I ahve seen. I've seen Federer many times before so it's not that exciting anymore. It's still exciting to see Rafa though, but that's for Friday :p

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 07:54 AM
I took Luczak photos in Montreal, btw, and nobody seemed to care. Maybe his two fans didn't see them? ;) I like him okay :)

Action Jackson
08-28-2005, 07:56 AM
I took Luczak photos in Montreal, btw, and nobody seemed to care. Maybe his two fans didn't see them? ;) I like him okay :)

I was too busy reading your funny reports and seeing the Mahut lurve is still strong and you probably intimidate Djokovic, facing Safin is nothing compared to that challenge.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 07:59 AM
The Mahut love just grows and grows, yes. It's sad.

CooCooCachoo
08-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Thanks Chloe :banana: :hug:

Michael Lammer :drool:

Poor Dudi :sad:

I do still seem to fail to notice what is so special about Mahut, but I am glad at least someone has some love for him.

By the way, I don't think Novak looks at the camera as if you are a freak. It's more like he just poses so you get a better picture :D

Can you tell me anything about how Vivi played? :D

Just one thing. If you plan on becoming a fan of Sergiy, you should know there is no R in his surname ;) It's just Stakhovsky.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks Chloe :banana: :hug:

My pleasure. If I write this stuff up I can save it and remember it for myself, so everybody wins ;)

Michael Lammer :drool:

Really? Well, I'm glad somebody enjoyed those. I was like, "guess I better take a photo of Lammer for the Swiss fans, in case somebody cares". The only reason I stopped was Fruterro's headband, for real :lol:

Poor Dudi :sad:

Yeah :( I liked Dudi, I wish him well in the future. But since I like Andy, I wasn't too upset about it.

I do still seem to fail to notice what is so special about Mahut, but I am glad at least someone has some love for him.

:lol:

It's okay, nobody else that I talk to sees it either. That's okay, it's more fun this way. Then I can go to his matches by myself and not have to pretend I'm not fixated on him the entire time.

I hope that I get to see him play somewhere next year, but that depends on what happens with his ranking.

By the way, I don't think Novak looks at the camera as if you are a freak. It's more like he just poses so you get a better picture :D

Haaa. Good way of looking at it. Clearly that is actually his come hither look for me. If only I had known I would have chatted him up. SIGH. Maybe next year!

Can you tell me anything about how Vivi played? :D

She beat the crap out of Garcia, that's all I remember ;) I was too busy preparing my camera and being excited that Mahut was going to play soon. I wish I was kidding you, but I am not. I actually like Vivi and should have been more in to it. I have photos of her if oyu would like.

Just one thing. If you plan on becoming a fan of Sergiy, you should know there is no R in his surname ;) It's just Stakhovsky.

Thanks. I will make a point of spelling his name correctly next report :p

CooCooCachoo
08-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Really? Well, I'm glad somebody enjoyed those. I was like, "guess I better take a photo of Lammer for the Swiss fans, in case somebody cares". The only reason I stopped was Fruterro's headband, for real :lol:

Swiss players tend to rock :banana:

Yeah :( I liked Dudi, I wish him well in the future. But since I like Andy, I wasn't too upset about it.

Andy has got a bright future. And that is good, cause it gives me someone to cheer against.

It's okay, nobody else that I talk to sees it either. That's okay, it's more fun this way. Then I can go to his matches by myself and not have to pretend I'm not fixated on him the entire time.

I hope that I get to see him play somewhere next year, but that depends on what happens with his ranking.

I know what you mean ;) I never quite could explain why people should en masse go and watch Karol Kucera or Marco Chiudinelli :D Well, it kind of worked in Rotterdam, cause the people I went with became fans too :tape: Marco :worship: (Excuse me for this poor attempt to switch the conversation from not-so-sexy Mahut to über-cute-and-friendly Marco)

She beat the crap out of Garcia, that's all I remember ;) I was too busy preparing my camera and being excited that Mahut was going to play soon. I wish I was kidding you, but I am not. I actually like Vivi and should have been more in to it. I have photos of her if oyu would like.

Well, yeah, if she would have lost to Garcia, I would have cried :crying2: And she should have retired. But I am glad she qualified too :D Yeah, I do want to see the pictures :D Did you post a report on WTAworld?

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 08:38 AM

This is true. They also seem to be attractive.

Andy has got a bright future. And that is good, cause it gives me someone to cheer against.

You and lots of other people, apparently! I like to see a bit of attitude sometimes, which is probably why I'm so big on him.

I know what you mean ;) I never quite could explain why people should en masse go and watch Karol Kucera or Marco Chiudinelli :D Well, it kind of worked in Rotterdam, cause the people I went with became fans too :tape: Marco :worship: (Excuse me for this poor attempt to switch the conversation from not-so-sexy Mahut to über-cute-and-friendly Marco)

Chiudunelli :hearts:

How dare you say that Mahut isn't sexy! Out of my thread! ;) If it makes you feel better, I get made fun of daily for this in MSN. Every now and then when I say that somebody else has bad taste in men they try to bring up Mahut as an example for how I have no room to talk. Pfft, whatever! He's wonderful. Moving on...

Well, yeah, if she would have lost to Garcia, I would have cried :crying2: And she should have retired. But I am glad she qualified too :D Yeah, I do want to see the pictures :D Did you post a report on WTAworld?

I thought Garcia was kind of bad, but maybe she was having a bad day. She's pretty though, I took a few photos. I haven't put a report on wtaworld, but I will post my picutres there in a couple of days. I will keep you posted. I didn't take that many of wta players.... just some of viv and paula, and then some Shikah (sp?) Uberoi, Dally R-, Kanepi, Dubois, Grandin, and a couple others. I was being random.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 08:44 AM
One more thing before bed - I didn't watermark my photos because honestly, I don't think they are that good ;) There is like, one that is, and it hasn't gone up yet. And I will watermark it ;)

Regardless, if anybody wants to put them in a particular player forum or whatever, go ahead. In the unlikely event that anybody has a fan website they want to put them on , that's fine too. Just drop me a link and it's cool.

silverwhite
08-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the reports and photos, Becca! :)

Lizard Lips lost to Vijay Amritraj's son? :o

silverwhite
08-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Are you asking about Richard? I didn't watch his whole practice, just a few minutes. I was the only one taking pictures, and felt sort of weird since I felt like I was stalking him or something :p He was practicing with Mayer when I saw him. That was Friday, and those will be up tomorrow or Monday. I put Wedneday photos up already, and will write that day up shortly.... but then I'm done for the night. I just cropped 100 photos and I'm tired ;)

Yes, I was. :p I think he practised with Hewitt and Safin earlier in the week. We are quite worried about his elbow, which is why I asked. :(

Papakori
08-28-2005, 09:28 AM
thankyou :D

nermo
08-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks for sharing this Chloe, :bigwave: it must be an interesting experience...

Kristen
08-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Mahut is :drool: Well done ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
08-28-2005, 11:43 AM
:haha: at the Andy thing!!

Aleksa's Laydee
08-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Just saw some of your photos...great Andy ones and you took piccies of Jonny (Marray) :bowdown: did you see Mark Hilton :hearts:??

Doris Loeffel
08-28-2005, 11:51 AM

I agree on that ;)

Lammer made it to the MD of a GS for the first time!!

So maybe Chloe will add some more pictures later ;)

adelaide
08-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Rebecca, I want a shoutout sometime soon. ;)

Paul Banks
08-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Merci merci Chloe for your great reports, I enjoy the non-tennis hostel stuff as much as the tennis reports :hearts:

pryss
08-28-2005, 12:50 PM
:banana: rebecca took pics of Benneteau for me! :banana: (yay shoutout) i still have dreams about him. :p poor mario though, i'm sure he felt lonely with you and jess just gawking away at Novak. lol.

savesthedizzle
08-28-2005, 02:08 PM
:banana: rebecca took pics of Benneteau for me! :banana: (yay shoutout) i still have dreams about him. :p poor mario though, i'm sure he felt lonely with you and jess just gawking away at Novak. lol.

lol no... I was gawking at him too... and I gawked at Kiefer who was practicing on the court next to them...

SwissMister1
08-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Fruttero was wearing the Wheaton-style headband last year in Washington too. My guess is he probably has an Italian background and curses in Italian so he doesn't get a violation? I'm basing this on the last name, and he's named after the Pope, I'm just making a guess though.

Why were you having to switch hostels during the trip?

Deboogle!.
08-28-2005, 02:32 PM
:rocker2:

Thanks Becca :D

avocadoe
08-28-2005, 02:44 PM
omg thanks Chloe...amazing all of it :)

CooCooCachoo
08-28-2005, 03:12 PM
I agree on that ;)

Lammer made it to the MD of a GS for the first time!!

So maybe Chloe will add some more pictures later ;)

I hope so :D After months of mediocre results, Michael is finally doing well :D Maybe Roman Valent will too, soon :)

CooCooCachoo
08-28-2005, 03:16 PM
This is true. They also seem to be attractive.

True :D

Chiudunelli :hearts:

Back off :shout: :mad: :fiery: !!!

How dare you say that Mahut isn't sexy! Out of my thread! ;) If it makes you feel better, I get made fun of daily for this in MSN. Every now and then when I say that somebody else has bad taste in men they try to bring up Mahut as an example for how I have no room to talk. Pfft, whatever! He's wonderful. Moving on...

It's OK. I have the same thing quite often.

I thought Garcia was kind of bad, but maybe she was having a bad day. She's pretty though, I took a few photos. I haven't put a report on wtaworld, but I will post my picutres there in a couple of days. I will keep you posted. I didn't take that many of wta players.... just some of viv and paula, and then some Shikah (sp?) Uberoi, Dally R-, Kanepi, Dubois, Grandin, and a couple others. I was being random.

Shikha :banana: :D :D :D :D And Neha too? :angel:

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Just saw some of your photos...great Andy ones and you took piccies of Jonny (Marray) :bowdown: did you see Mark Hilton :hearts:??

Yes. I took one photo of Mark Hilton. He was playing... somebody. The photo is already up, I think.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Mahut is :drool: Well done ;)

You see! It's not just me who thinks so.

So there, Coocoo ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Lizard Lips lost to Vijay Amritraj's son? :o

He played so awful that I don't think it counts ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Fruttero was wearing the Wheaton-style headband last year in Washington too. My guess is he probably has an Italian background and curses in Italian so he doesn't get a violation? I'm basing this on the last name, and he's named after the Pope, I'm just making a guess though.

Maybe, yeah. He was born in the US (as I finally found on the ITF site), so I guess that would make sense.

Why were you having to switch hostels during the trip?

Because I decided after making the booking to go up a day earlier, and HI had no availability for Monday at that point.

Haute
08-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Jess told me about how you sat and watched Olga Blahotova play on Court 6 just because she has blah in her last name. :lol:

And then Jess told me how she couldn't find Tsveti anywhere on the OOP and didn't see anyone named Tsveti playing on Court 6.....but she was! lol But Jess knows now that Tsveti = Tszvetana Pironkova ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Jess couldn't tell me the name of who she was looking for, or I might have guessed that.

Thursday photos are up, btw. I'll put up the report before I work in a few hours http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/ppuser/144/cat/500

As for the Blah.. yeah, I'm simple like that ;)

Speaking of which, Jess, did I tell you that I almost bumped into Serra's hair?

savesthedizzle
08-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Jess couldn't tell me the name of who she was looking for, or I might have guessed that.

Thursday photos are up, btw. I'll put up the report before I work in a few hours http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/ppuser/144/cat/500

As for the Blah.. yeah, I'm simple like that ;)

Speaking of which, Jess, did I tell you that I almost bumped into Serra's hair?

Oooh Serra's hair!! No, you did not tell me this story yet!

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Well, I actually saw him practice with somebody, but as I can not make out faces more than two feet back, I did not realize it was him. So I walked away and was hanging out by the scoreboard and he walked right by. I saw the hair coming from a distance and was like "YO, IT IS SERRA'S HAIR".

Yeah, that's basically all there is to that story.

superpinkone37
08-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the reports and pictures, Becca :D :hug:

SwissMister1
08-28-2005, 07:30 PM
My favorite pic is the one you took of Jarkko with the guy with the crazy beard in the background. I was looking through the fence at the practice courts one time when I turned around to see that guy staring at me.

hablovah19
08-28-2005, 07:36 PM
cool, long ( :p ), detailed report(s). thanks :yeah:

I haven't gotten to the pics yet :angel:

Aleksa's Laydee
08-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Yes. I took one photo of Mark Hilton. He was playing... somebody. The photo is already up, I think.

:eek: *searches your piccies*

savesthedizzle
08-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, I actually saw him practice with somebody, but as I can not make out faces more than two feet back, I did not realize it was him. So I walked away and was hanging out by the scoreboard and he walked right by. I saw the hair coming from a distance and was like "YO, IT IS SERRA'S HAIR".

Yeah, that's basically all there is to that story.

Good story. :bigclap:

Boo I wish I saw Serra's hair.

Scotso
08-28-2005, 11:57 PM
mmm shirtless Tipsy pics, shirtless Jarkko pics :hearts:, Amer pics... and HUGO pics :bounce:

Novak :worship:

Gilles :hearts:

Dudi pics :bounce:

Wow you got some really awesome pics, Becca :D

Scotso
08-28-2005, 11:59 PM
After that I watched some of Gilles Simon and Ivan Miranda. I wasn't there for too long, since I only really went to take photos of Simon for somebody who insisted upon it, even though said person didn't take any photos of Mahut for me when he caught him practicing nekkid in Washington. *cough*KarolBeckFan*cough* Simon looks awfully young.

He wasn't naked, he had a jock strap on!

Simon :hearts:

Sagiel
08-29-2005, 01:57 AM
Thanks for your great reports! :worship: really interesting stuff, loved the pics too.

jole
08-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Enjoying the reports. :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Back from work! Tonight my project is to finish Friday photos and to put up Thursday and FRiday reports. Those were the best days probably, aside from the lack of Mahut :hearts: and Djokovic :hearts: sightings.

Grinder
08-29-2005, 02:41 AM
Are there any pics of Mark Phillipoussis or Sania Mirza?

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 02:43 AM
Are there any pics of Mark Phillipoussis or Sania Mirza?
Sadly not. Sania was in Forest Hills and I didn't see her. I saw Mark once, but he was far away.

Grinder
08-29-2005, 02:51 AM
Ahh, that's cool. At least you'll see her in the main draw. When I visited Hyderabad this past July (my hometown even though I was born and raised in the US), I found out I lived six houses down from her. I met her sponsor (MR GVK) and her mother.

savesthedizzle
08-29-2005, 03:21 AM
Back from work! Tonight my project is to finish Friday photos and to put up Thursday and FRiday reports. Those were the best days probably, aside from the lack of Mahut :hearts: and Djokovic :hearts: sightings.

It was the best day and Mahut and Djokovic were not a part of it?

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

TennisLurker
08-29-2005, 03:22 AM
did novak notice you were stalking him?

lau
08-29-2005, 03:29 AM
Thanks Chloe for sharing this :) I really enjoyed the reports and the pics :yeah:

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 03:42 AM
Ahh, that's cool. At least you'll see her in the main draw. When I visited Hyderabad this past July (my hometown even though I was born and raised in the US), I found out I lived six houses down from her. I met her sponsor (MR GVK) and her mother.
I would have loved to take pictures of her, she's beautiful. Sadly, she was not around. Next year :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 03:42 AM
did novak notice you were stalking him?
It sure looks that way ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 03:43 AM
It was the best day and Mahut and Djokovic were not a part of it?

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!
I said aside from them. That is, all other things that occured were better those days!

Lisbeth
08-29-2005, 04:39 AM
Thanks for posting all this - and I second the thanks for the Luczak pic :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 04:40 AM
And then it was Thursday.

Chloe was starting to get a bit tired of waking up and finding new people at the foot of her bunk, but she was on holidays and decided to brush it off.

To begin my day, the USTA decided that they wantd my boot up their ass when their dude demanded that I remove my medicine container from my bag and not bring it on the grounds. My medicine container was this little 1 cm by 5cm old mints tin that was full of stomache remedy and antinauseant stuff - things that I don't like just floating around in my bag on their own, since they get crushed and are expensive. I had taken this in the last two days without any problems whatsoever, but oh no, not today. So they inform that I can keep the medicine - HOW KIND OF THEM - but had to give up the tin. My head nearly exploded, and this one women working the table clearly felt really bad about the situation. So I'm like "FINE", I take the tin, throw it's contents into my bag, in the process dropping a few on the ground (which the woman then picks up, and I apologize to her). I was PISSED. I did say grimly that I was sorry, I realize they enforce rules, not create them (I do sympathize with them... it's a boring, thankless job they do)... but that doesn't change the fact it was completely unnecessary to remove that item. Items like that weren't even listed on the sign. So basically, the guy used his discretion. Afterall, I might hve ripped the tin open with my teeth midday and tried to cut somebody with it's jagged edge, right? Right.

I think it was this day that I met up with Swiss Mister. Lucky for him, that was about half an hour after being so rudely stripped by the bag checkers, because I was sulking for a good 15 minutes after that occured, grinding my teeth and the whole bit. This was also the first day that I did not see Mahut stroll by as I was sitting at the Ashe statue. He's so tall. Watching Mahut stroll by each day had been like, one of the highlights. One that I failed to mention, but there is too much to mention to write it all :p

So I meet up with SM and we decide to go see who is practicing. I think Hrbaty was, and a few other people I didn't care about. So I decide I'm going to go watch Delic and Peya, because Peya used to be The Hair and is thus a sentimental favourite of mine. Also, Delic is hot. I wandered in and out a couple times this match, but I watched most of the three sets. It's the best match that I saw this year, I believe. Both held match points in the tiebreaker and Delic actually served for it, but Peya fought and scrapped until the very end. Peya won me over that match. I was no longer just a fan of the artist formerly known as -and soon to be known again as- The Hair; I was a fan of his game too! He was scrappy and fighting hard in all matches that I watched him in this past week. Maybe because he knew that a lost would mean that his ranking would die a horrible death, even more horrible than the death it has already died. A pity for Delic to lose this one, though. He certainly had his chances. Playing Peya must be a pain in the ass though, he gets to everything and is a total junk baller.

I was sitting next to some guy that I thought was his coach, but after asking mid match it turned out it wasn't. I thought it was because he and the guy beside him had credentials and were quite vocal in their support for Alex and were clearly Austrian. But his explanation to me went something like this: "Alex come from Austria. We come from Austria". Anyways, I liked them a lot, because they were the two Alex fans among the sea of Delic fans, so I'm glad I choose to sit there. Some guy came up mid match and asked if they knew Alex's ranking and if he had been in the tournament before. The man beside me, his English wasn't super, so I had to help him out and tell the guy asking the questions that last year Alex made the third round and lost to Robredo. Then the guy comes over to me a few minutes later and asks if I know Peya personally. lol. I laughed and said that no, I just remembered him from last year and was a bit of a fan. I did not explain The Hair to him.

Womens tennis stuff, blah.

I stopped by Armando and Parmar to take a couple pictures of Hugo for his adoring fans who had begged for them. Sorry they aren't better, but Peya was still going on behind him at that point. I also saw Marray at some point since somebody on my board roots for him, I think, so I took photos for them.

I also saw Janko practicing, because Janko is omnipresent. He is, ask Jess. After a while you can't help but wonder "am I stalking Janko by accident? What is going on?!" I took a couple pictures of him, but he had no shirt on and I still feel kind of skeevy taking photos like that. I know that I shouldn't because everybody does it, but that's just how I am. Sorry they aren't better, since he is kind of hot and stuff.

I watched most of the second and third sets of Lisnard and Dancevic. To this day I can't figure out how Frank won the first set 6-1, but good for him. Lisnard cruised the rest of the match, basically. I was sitting beside one of their coaches, and realized after a while that he wasn't really cheering when Frank did stuff well, so I decided that I should stop sitting there and giggling over Lisnard's whining tirades with the umpire. I moved to the other side, at which point I found Lisnard's real coach. The conclusion here is that Frank's coach is either weird, or that wasn't the coach of either man. At one point Lisnard had a nice spaz at the umpire over a line call and said something about "the Canadian" and I thought perhaps he felt they were favouring the Canuck, but I might have heard him wrong. Some woman a couple seats over me was like "he is NASTY" and I giggled. I don't mind him, but yes, he's a bit nasty when PO-ed.

A friend of mine on another board likes Moodie, so I watched the last half of Moodie and Roger-Vasselin. I was pleased to see that although his coach was present, Richard's hair was not there to distract me. At some point near the end I spotted Swiss Mister standing down court from me so I went over there just in time for him to tell me that Richard's hair had JUST walked by him on his cell phone. So I was like "WHERE DID IT GO?" and I start talking about how awesome his hair is. Um, then he walks RIGHT by me. This was a horrible, horrible moment. I doubt he was listening or cared if he was, but that is not the point. Roger-Vasselin saved one match point with a would-have-been drop shot that just hardly trickled over the net. It was a bit lucky, and I thought out loud that my Moodie-fan friend must be flipping out over Moodie's wasted matchpoints ;)

Um, after that I think that I may have debated following Richard's hair. Did I? Probably. Sad. That is a disgusting habit that I've formed, but the Gasquet fans here must love it since it's unlikely I will be bothering then next time he plays Nadal :p

Womens tennis stuff, blah.

So then I decide to watch Stakhovksy, a potential new Chloe fave, face Clement. I thought he had a great shot against Clement and he showed that in the first set. Near the end of the first set I see a crowd forming on court 5 where players sometimes practice. I see a guy that I recognize as Almagro, based on the size of his head. I think to myself "Almagro for life! I'm SO THERE after this set". But then I get thinking to myself....waaaaiiiit a second... why the crowd? For Almagro? WHO IS HE PRACTICING WITH? Then I notice that a lot of people around me have gotten up and the crowd is continuing to grow around court 5. Then I hear somebody near me say "is that Nadal?" So naturally, I wait until the point is over and I BOOT it towards the exit. Thankfully the point ended a game, otherwise I would have been risking a death glare from Clement. He stares holes through people who move during his games. Sometimes he even stops play to do this until they notice him glaring at them.

Anyways, so I go see Nadal and Almagro for a bit. Being the grown up that I am, I squeeze by children to get a front row seat on the bleacher. Unfortunately, I was facing the sun, so those photos weren't going to work. I switched sides and patiently waited oppotunities to move in and get some shots. I even took a couple videos of Rafa :yeah: A few people asked me who Almagro was, since I was one of few bothering to photograph him. One guy looked quite pleased and was like "oh yes, I've heard about him", and this pleased me. You might notice that the Almagro pictures tended to turn out better- that's because his half of the court was easier to get right up beside than Rafa's, and I wasn't taking photos through people's heads :p

I also took a ocuple pictures of Uncle Toni, since somebody named Mary likes him or something. Right? Right.

I went back to Clement and Stakhovsky at this point. As I was waiting to get on court at an appropriate time, in order to avoid Clement stare downs, a woman approaches me and asks "are you from Canada?" See, I had been waving around my hat that happens to have a Canadian flag on the side. I am like "yes, yes I am", and she asks "Rebecca? As in Chloe?" And I'm like "yo, I'm a rockstar". Okay, no, not really. To make a longer story short, I met michelleg, who just happened to approach some random person with a Canuck flag and ask if it was Chloe. But I'm glad she did! We had a great time story telling and what not, I believe. So thanks, Michelle :)

At some point I watched part of Andy Murray's match. This may have been before I met Michelle, my timeframe is a bit messed up here. I took a lot of photos to demonstrate more Andy mania, and show that he is a great fan-loving humanitarian. Sadly, I did not see Andy's number 1 fan, but I was sure he was around somewhere.

Jarkko was practicing right near this court, so I got a few photos of him as well. And a 4 second video clip for somebody I know who likes him. I didn't realize it was so short, but I was running out of camera space so I did what I could :p

I watched Benneteau's match with Michelle, and Swiss mister joined us part way through. A good time was had by all.

Okay, that's basically it for Thursday. One more thing occured to me that is worth mentioning, and that was when I left the venue to buy a hotdog in the middle of the day. There is a hotdog stand right outside the main gates where it's much cheaper to buy drinks, candy, food, etc. so I went there often during my trip in order to avoid giving the USTA 34234 dollars for a single meal. So this time I'm sitting there at a picnic table with my hotdog, a pop, and a package of skittles out. This guy comes over with an order of play or a draw in hand, and asks me if I've seen any good matches. He seems nice enough, so I tell him about Delic and Peya a bit. Then he asks me if I'm qualifying. SERIOUSLY. I'm like "huh, sorry?" and he waves his sheet and asks if I'm in the draw. I'm like, trying not to die, and tell him that no, I'm just a fan. Oh, hilarity.

savesthedizzle
08-29-2005, 04:48 AM
Janko is indeed omnipresent. That is the word I was trying to think of when we discussed this the other day. He is everywhere. He was with me watching Vemic when you come over and say you saw him on like Court 3 just for us to walk over to 7 and see him there. Seriously. It's kind of odd. I think he's not human. I think he's some sort of advanced being who can teleport himself everywhere because I don't see how else he gets from place to place so rapidly.

You heard it here first folks... Janko is an extra-terrestrial.

jole
08-29-2005, 04:50 AM
Then he asks me if I'm qualifying. SERIOUSLY. I'm like "huh, sorry?" and he waves his sheet and asks if I'm in the draw. I'm like, trying not to die, and tell him that no, I'm just a fan. Oh, hilarity.

Oh come on! Why not play it off, and act as Canada's next great hope for teh WTA?!

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 04:51 AM
Janko is indeed omnipresent. That is the word I was trying to think of when we discussed this the other day. He is everywhere. He was with me watching Vemic when you come over and say you saw him on like Court 3 just for us to walk over to 7 and see him there. Seriously. It's kind of odd. I think he's not human. I think he's some sort of advanced being who can teleport himself everywhere because I don't see how else he gets from place to place so rapidly.

You heard it here first folks... Janko is an extra-terrestrial.

That explains everything. It also explains why I saw him 20 minutes after he lost a match last year, wandering around at Andreev and Verdasco. I was like "huh?" Now I get it.

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 04:53 AM
Oh come on! Why not play it off, and act as Canada's next great hope for teh WTA?!
LOL

I was too busy thinking "do I reeaaalllly look that fit? Seriously" I was pretty stunned. I don't know if he was just trying to make conversation or if he was being serious. I think he was serious though, because he seemed far less interested after I said I wasn't a player there to compete.

Next time I will play it off though. That would have made for a better story. "Yes, I'm Dubois. For real"

savesthedizzle
08-29-2005, 04:53 AM
That explains everything. It also explains why I saw him 20 minutes after he lost a match last year, wandering around at Andreev and Verdasco. I was like "huh?" Now I get it.

I try to solve all of lifes mysteries.

Next up: Why are the red things in green olives even necessary to exist? Why did people start putting them in there? It doesn't happen naturally.

But that is a question for another day.

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 04:56 AM
Olives are rather gross. We need not discuss them.

federer express
08-29-2005, 04:58 AM

good olives are soooo nice....

savesthedizzle
08-29-2005, 05:01 AM

I don't like olives either, although sometimes I surprise myself by eating them if they're wrapped in a pita of some sort and I don't know that they're there.

And now to bring this on topic ... you know who does like olives? Nadal. Likes them a lot. And you saw him practice with Almagro. And that is cool.

Smankyou
08-29-2005, 05:06 AM
That's exactly what you should have done, Chloe. Let that inner-Smankyou out. I let several old men continue believing that I was Ventura's girlfriend. Thanks for the reports and photos. I'm still sifting through them.

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 05:06 AM
And to think, I only came across Nadal by accident! I was excited just to see Almagro, lol. That was a great moment. I kid you not when I saw that I ran over there, thinking I was a loser, only to be outrun by a pack of teenagers. I had sandals on :( The teens were screaming about Nadal during their run, so I didn't look nearly as silly as they did. Nadal is now officially the only player that I have RAN to see. You have to run to see him these days! Sigh. The good old days, 12 months ago, when people would ask you who he was. :(

I will put up Friday photos and post the report tonight, hopefully. Some serious funnies occured on Friday.

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 05:07 AM
That's exactly what you should have done, Chloe. Let that inner-Smankyou out. I let several old men continue believing that I was Ventura's girlfriend. Thanks for the reports and photos. I'm still sifting through them.
SMANKYOU! YOu are alive!

I totally posted a thread about you in NT ages ago and was like "Smankyou, where are you?"

Anyways, next year I will let on that yes, I'm in qualifying, and yes, I'm dating Peya.

There will be great news for fans of The Hair in the Friday report and pictures, btw.

savesthedizzle
08-29-2005, 05:11 AM
I don't like to think about the future. Mary and I were discussing today, going to Toronto for the whole week. Think of all the Djokovic stalking that would go on... yet, knowing my luck he will be next year's Nadal and I will never be his only fan again. *sigh* I stink at running.

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 05:13 AM
I don't like to think about the future. Mary and I were discussing today, going to Toronto for the whole week. Think of all the Djokovic stalking that would go on... yet, knowing my luck he will be next year's Nadal and I will never be his only fan again. *sigh* I stink at running.
Nah, I think we have another year left on our claim as Novak's only North American fans. We shall stalk him in Toronto, dont' you worry. He will be afraid, very afraid.

Smankyou
08-29-2005, 05:13 AM
I'm dating Peya.
OMG! SO AM I! What were the chances.

Thanks for the thread. I'll go look for it now. Bump it up and everyone will be like "huh?! Oh, it's just you."

savesthedizzle
08-29-2005, 05:15 AM
Nah, I think we have another year left on our claim as Novak's only North American fans. We shall stalk him in Toronto, dont' you worry. He will be afraid, very afraid.

Hurrah!!! As long as I have that for just one more year, I shall be pleased. Next year he will be 19 and I won't feel even remotely pervy anymore :) I love when he looks at me with fear, terror, fascination and lust in his eyes.

superpinkone37
08-29-2005, 05:16 AM
Thanks for another great report Becca :D

No need to diss the olives though :ras: ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 05:17 AM
Peya is a popular guy!

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 05:52 AM
I forgot to mention from Thursday - after meeting Michelle we watched Moya practice with Lapentti on the covered courts you can see from court 4. Well, she did. I just rambled about anything and everything. Anyways, at one point they start rolling a ball down the court and staring at it. It seemed that they thought there was something wrong with the court. That's what the pictures of Moya and Lapentti are all about :p

Pea
08-29-2005, 06:27 AM
Thanks for sharing Becca. A very enjoyable read.

silverwhite
08-29-2005, 06:27 AM
I doubt he was listening or cared if he was, but that is not the point.

With his standard of English, he probably couldn't understand you. :tape:

liptea
08-29-2005, 06:32 AM
I forgot to mention from Thursday - after meeting Michelle we watched Moya practice with Lapentti on the covered courts you can see from court 4. Well, she did. I just rambled about anything and everything. Anyways, at one point they start rolling a ball down the court and staring at it. It seemed that they thought there was something wrong with the court. That's what the pictures of Moya and Lapentti are all about :p

:hearts: Moya.

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 06:57 AM
Thank goodness. I was embarassed just to have been speaking about his hair in his presense.

My Richard photos from Friday are hilariously bad, but I have to clear room in my account before I can put Friday photos up. I will put Fridays report up before bed though and photos tomorrow I guess.

delsa
08-29-2005, 07:00 AM
:rolls: I'm sure some ppl take advantage of this fact sometimes... :devil:

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 09:09 AM
And then it was Friday.

I was late to get to the park on Friday because I was exhausted and slept in until almost 9am that morning ;) Yes, somebody was sleeping near the foot of my bunk. Again. It was my last night, and I can't say I was too sad about that. The night before while using the shower I noticed the balls of hair on the ground and erm, stuff (it appeared to be mucus) wiped on the walls. I was pretty revolted, as one would be.

I decided that I would carry my bags with me to the park and check them there so that I wouldn't have to go back to the hostel after tennis and pick them up - the hostel was totally out of the way from the bus station. So after getting my bag stuck in the turnstiles at the subway station again, as I always do, I make my way towards the baggage check. Like, I'm clearly walking towards baggage check and not continuing down the boardwalk. Not only am I pointed towards it, but I'm carrying a rolling suitcase and backpack, as well as my purse. Regardless, Captain Obivous starts yelling at me as I'm walking RIGHT BY HER on my way to the Baggage Check. I have earphones on and would have ignored her if not for the fact that she's GLARING at me. So I stop and am like "what?" and she's like "you need to check your bags". Like, my head nearly exploded. Holy. Fucking. Duh. I looked at her and was like "uh, yeah, that's why I'm walking STRAIGHT FOR BAGGAGE CHECK". Holy fucking stupid. She and the other person she was standing with had been commenting that I had a backpack, apparently. Somehow they had failed to notice 1) the rolling suitcase and 2) the fact that I was walking for baggage check anyways. Oh yes, USO security is like, totally awesome.

Nothing that I cared about was on first, so I decided to hang out and see who was practicing. While doing so I ran right into Michelle, which was a pleasant surprise since she was not supposed to come that day, but changed her mind at last minute.

Right away we see Benneteau practicing alongside Berdych, and Karol Beck seems to be floating around there as well. I say I have to take Beck photos for a certain somebody who posts here, despite the fact that he bypassed taking photos of Mahut's body for me not too long ago. No, Scott, I will never forgive you for that :p

Then we wander over to see Costa and Calleri. Calleri was just coming off, and HE is a beautiful man. I took some photos of him that I was VERY pleased with. He's not usually all that photogenic, but he really is very handsome. I am not a fangirl of his, but I do appreciate beauty when I see it :p

Costa had actually walked by Michelle and I earlier in the day, and I was like "I LOVE COSTA" right behind him when Michelle pointed him out. However, I was not embarassed for myself because I wasn't very loud ;) Regardless, I failed to notice his pink striped shorts when I saw him in person, but they sort of look like really ugly boxer shorts. WTF, Costa? He's like "yo, I'm Costa. I'll wear my ugly pink shorts if I want". This makes him awesome.

I also saw Monfils and Moya practicing, though not together. Monfils was actually practicing with Scoville Jenkins, further examination of my photos has revealed. At one point, Monfils went to run down a shot and fell down and sprawled out on his back. When he gets up, Scoville is like "that was just totally unnecessary" and Monfils looks amused. Either he didn't need to go all out like that, or the fall was over the top and dramatic. I wasn't sure which Scoville meant.

Then I saw Gasquet practicing on court with Mayer. The Gasquet photos are, again, hilariously awful. He's making constipated faces in all of them. I love it. Mayer looks lonely, he has nobody to talk to at his chair :p

After this I went to watch the last half of Peya and Okun. Just my luck, I end up sitting right next to the only 5 Austrian fans in the crowd. Okun, being from Israel, has a pretty large voice of support. Now, if I remember this correctly, Okun ought to have won in straight sets. But Peya just would not die. Okun eventually won the third, but Peya really really fought to stay in it. He looked sad when he lost, probably because his ranking is about to die a horrible death. Again. He'll survive, and hopefully bounce back. The Austrian fans were good fun, btw. They were super loud and this random NYer decided to join and started saying what they were saying, and asking them what it meant. It was really quite funny, but he was pissing of some Okun supporters ;) Near the end as Alex was bound to go down sooner or later they jsut screamed "Alex! Alex! Alex!" over and over again. This really small kid near me scrunched up his face at his mother and said " I don't like when they do that" and started mocking them. I would have wanted to kick him if he was about 10 years older ;)

Goods news for fans of The Hair. As my changeover photos reveal, it appears that The Hair may be potentially make a slow comeback. He took off his hat to reveal his short, yet spiked up hair. We can only hope that he's planning on growing it all the way back.

After this I saw Safin practice with Moya and took a couple pictures of Safin and his coach. Apparently he quit practice not long after, but I didn't stay long enough to notice.

I watched the end of Bjorkmans' match so that I would be comfortable for Murray and Lapentti. Apparently everybody else had this idea too, because not many people left after Bjorkman. When the match started you could have mistaken court 4 as being a main draw match for how well attended it was :shrug:

Gio stunk up a storm in the first set. He was stunningly bad. I was bored. I considered leaving but figured it could only get better. And I was right :D Andy started to get pissy and Gio started to play much better. Andy kept slicing his backhand, and I really wished he would stop that because it really wasn't working out for him. Apparently he does that 90% of the time though, so at least it wasn't just a seriously stupid tactic that he failed to notice wasn't working on Gio.

The most hilarious thing about this match was this wacko fan who joined mid match. She didn't speak English very well and had like, half a dozen phrases that she would repeat over and over, during points. These would include "one more net!" whenever Gio hit a first serve fault, "Go Andy!" when Andy was serving and during points, "be careful!" when Andy was playing a long baseline rally, and a couple other things that I forget. Perhaps Swiss Mister can remember a couple others? She would also be like "ooohhh, ahhhhh" very very loudly during the points. Everybody around her starting telling her to shut up, and I was trying not to crack up. I was undecided if she was new to tennis, very very stupid, actually slow in which case I should stop laughing at her, or what. I think that I concluded at that point that she was slow, because there was just no other way somebody would act like that, especially after being shushed 2343 times.

After Andy's match, I saw Andy's number 1 fan again and pointed him out to Swiss Mister, because everybody should realize who Andyfan#1 is and RESPECT. So Andyfan#1 makes his way through Andymania to tell Andy that his camera is working today and can he get a quick photo with him this time when he has a second, and Andy is like "yeah, sure" and Andyfan#1 is like "cool, take your time, take your time". So Andyfan#1 then backs up and tells other people to "give him space!", and Swiss Mister spends the rest of the evening doing impressions of this. Right? Right. So Andyfan#1 eventually gets his photo with Andy and starts asking him stuff about some camp he's starting up, or something along that lines, and Andy continues to humour him. Andy rocks! Finally, Andy manages to get away and Andyfan#1 pumps his first in the air. No, seriously.

Andyfan#1, if you post here, you rock.

Anyways, after this it's on to Benneteau and Bogomolov. I was rooting for Benneteau from the beginning, but obviously Bogo was the crowd favourite. There was one group in particular that was screaming for him between games. It was cute, I suppose.

Bogomolov won the first set off a mishit overhead. He mishit it so badly that it popped way up in the air and the crowd went "awwww". But somehow, it smacks right down on the side of the net and then bounces back to his side. This IRRITATED me to no end since it was the luckiest mishit ever, and Bogo and the crowd both went absolutely fucking ballastic as if it was intentional. ROAR. ROAR ROAR ROAR. AOFIJASLKJDFAS. I wanted to know where his half-assed hand-wave apology was ;)

Anways, at some point I was joined by SM, and at some point after that we were joined by the weird lady from Andy Murray's match. She started saying the same phrases and making the same noises for Alex! We concluded that she was insane, not slow. People were telling her to shut up and I saw her turn and glare and say "no, you shu-up. You shu-up" back at them. SM claims that she also turned to ask Benneteau's coach if he liked tennis, and I did hear her say that but did not get to see who she asked. She also tried to talk up some random tournament dude who was sitting beside her at one point, probably also wondering if he liked tennis. She was also laughing like crazy during points after doing her ridiculous cheering shit. And what had once become funny became annoying. Benneteau complained about it to the umpire, I think, but I don't know for sure. He went up and had a long talk with the guy, but was really quiet about it. She was definitely pissing off his camp, that much was for sure (she was sitting right infront and beside them, and we were right in front of her). A guy beside me was like "I guess this is what we should expect when it's free". Hee. True story.

Okay, that's basically it. I will add random comments and put Fridya pictures up later today.

delsa
08-29-2005, 10:22 AM
I also saw Monfils and Moya practicing, though not together. Monfils was actually practicing with Scoville Jenkins, further examination of my photos has revealed. At one point, Monfils went to run down a shot and fell down and sprawled out on his back. When he gets up, Scoville is like "that was just totally unnecessary" and Monfils looks amused. Either he didn't need to go all out like that, or the fall was over the top and dramatic. I wasn't sure which Scoville meant.
I think it's a bit of both. It's always like that with Gaël: he runs unnecessarily everywhere to every ball (that way he fatigues himself very fast and it may be one of the reasons that will cost him his 2005 USO first round match...maybe he want to show he has lots of heart, don't know? but that will lost him...) then stays lied on the floor making a very dramatic pose. :rolleyes: :lol:

Then I saw Gasquet practicing on court with Mayer. The Gasquet photos are, again, hilariously awful. He's making constipated faces in all of them. I love it. Mayer looks lonely, he has nobody to talk to at his chair :p

He often makes these kind of faces when he misses. Don't know why...:lol:

silverwhite
08-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Richard's patented constipated face :bounce:

Andyfan#1 :tape: How old is he? :o

silverwhite
08-29-2005, 10:32 AM
He often makes these kind of faces when he misses. Don't know why...:lol:

Yes, and also when he hits his FH sometimes. Those come with the unusual left wrist action, if you know what I'm talking about. ;)

Lady
08-29-2005, 11:14 AM
On wtaworld people are reporting Coria and Gaudio practising together, is it for real? ;)

Eléa
08-29-2005, 12:32 PM
On wtaworld people are reporting Coria and Gaudio practising together, is it for real? ;)
Something deep inside me prays that it was a wrong information :rolleyes: :lol:
Thank you for the Hugo pics.. i only saw 2 but it's better than nothing ;) :hug:

Action Jackson
08-29-2005, 12:48 PM

It's WTA that is even less reliable than the British Sun newspaper.

nermo
08-29-2005, 12:58 PM
On wtaworld people are reporting Coria and Gaudio practising together, is it for real? posted by lady

that's a joke, or else, if it was for real, then Coria must be teaching Gaudio, the easiest things to do if u want to lose badly ... :cuckoo:

Kat!
08-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Jarkko :hearts: Amer :hearts:

I'm glad Delic is sticking with the sleeveless....

LOL @ Albert's jammy jams..... :cool:

Experimentee
08-29-2005, 02:33 PM

I saw that too. Lee Waters Boy is reliable. I guess they must have made up or something.

Sugar Kane
08-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Richard's patented constipated face :bounce:

Andyfan#1 :tape: How old is he? :o
:spit: :rolls: :haha: That's the perfect word, I've been lokking for it!

the cat
08-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Gee Becca, I'm really surprised you left the women's qualifying matches out of your reports. :rolleyes: :p But your reports were well written and easy to read. :)

And as you travelled from Canada to New York City couldn't you have stopped by Buffalo and picked up Leena to go to the 2005 U.S. Open qualifying with you? ;)

Say Becca, are you back in Canada already?

Action Jackson
08-29-2005, 03:44 PM
I saw that too. Lee Waters Boy is reliable. I guess they must have made up or something.

I doubt it.

Experimentee
08-29-2005, 04:04 PM
I dont really think there is as much of a feud between Gaudio and Coria as the media make out. They seem ok whenever i see them together. I suppose the fans who dont like Coria like to believe that they dont like each other, but I doubt they would hold petty grudges like this.

Action Jackson
08-29-2005, 04:08 PM
I dont really think there is as much of a feud between Gaudio and Coria as the media make out. They seem ok whenever i see them together. I suppose the fans who dont like Coria like to believe that they dont like each other, but I doubt they would hold petty grudges like this.

When was the last time you saw them together in person then? There is no law saying that you have to like the person that they are training with, but they aren't the best of friends either way.

In_Disguise
08-29-2005, 07:22 PM
great posts and pics Chloe, like reading a mini autobiography! Thanks! :wavey:

Angle Queen
08-29-2005, 07:29 PM
that's a joke, or else, if it was for real, then Coria must be teaching Gaudio, the easiest things to do if u want to lose badly ... :cuckoo:Then Guille has done his job well. Gaudio sank in three straight today.

nermo
08-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by nermo
that's a joke, or else, if it was for real, then Coria must be teaching Gaudio, the easiest things to do if u want to lose badly ...
Then Guille has done his job well. Gaudio sank in three straight today.posted by angle queen

yes, i didn't know Coria had this rapid radiating effect..i wonder what'll he do himself..?

TennisLurker
08-29-2005, 08:31 PM
have you uploaded this last pics?

Merton
08-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the reports and the photos, that was great :D

Chloe le Bopper
08-29-2005, 09:43 PM
have you uploaded this last pics?
Not yet. Tonight when I get home from work I will.

In unrelated news, Gasquet featured in my dream last night :rolleyes:

savesthedizzle
08-29-2005, 09:45 PM

Accept it. He is French and has nice hair and doesn't resemble a lizard!

Chloe le Bopper
08-30-2005, 03:01 AM
There is nothing wrong with resembling a lizard :hearts:

Chloe le Bopper
08-30-2005, 03:01 AM
I will put Friday photos up tonight and post when that is done. I could also add random comments about my trip that are nontennis related, but I was just going to leave those for my board. If anybody cares, I will do it here too :p

silverwhite
08-30-2005, 04:41 AM
Not yet. Tonight when I get home from work I will.

Why :rolleyes: ? :lol:

What sort of dream was it anyway? :devil:

Chloe le Bopper
08-30-2005, 05:03 AM
I don't really remember. Nothing pornographic or I would not have fessed up to it. He had really good hair and I had a crush on him and we like, hung out with people. My dreams tend to be pretty lame like that.

I'm glad that you're finding this all very amusing. I'm considering therapy.

TennisLurker
08-30-2005, 05:06 AM
you find gasquet hot now? no longer tom hanks-like?

Chloe le Bopper
08-30-2005, 05:07 AM
you find gasquet hot now? no longer tom hanks-like?
He's not hot, he's just adorable. He still has no shoulders.

silverwhite
08-30-2005, 05:10 AM
I don't really remember. Nothing pornographic or I would not have fessed up to it. He had really good hair and I had a crush on him and we like, hung out with people. My dreams tend to be pretty lame like that.

I'm glad that you're finding this all very amusing. I'm considering therapy.

Well, I wasn't suggesting anything... :angel:

But why the :rolleyes: ? Are you in denial? :lol:

TennisLurker
08-30-2005, 05:10 AM
ferrero robredo calleri phm gasquet, your list of imaginary boyfriends keeps getting bigger!

Chloe le Bopper
08-30-2005, 05:18 AM
ferrero robredo calleri phm gasquet, your list of imaginary boyfriends keeps getting bigger!

Ferrero was crossed off quite sometime ago. Still a fan and all, but he's not making the short list of imaginary boyfriends. Or even the expanded version, for that matter.

Calleri is not a new addition, I've always thought he was very handsome.

It's probably safe to say that Rebecca's growing list of imaginary boyfriends is an accurate reflection of how much she is getting in real life. Assuming an inverse relationship between the two, of course ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-30-2005, 05:19 AM
Well, I wasn't suggesting anything... :angel:

But why the :rolleyes: ? Are you in denial? :lol:

If Swiss Mister and Jess had not been there to witness it, I would have never admitted it. I wasn't going to mention it at all ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-30-2005, 06:25 AM
Okay, Friday photos are up: http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/ppuser/144/cat/500

There aren't as many as there were on other days.

Action Jackson
08-30-2005, 08:33 AM

You forgot Mahut among this illustrious list.

Mrs. B
08-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks, Becca. great report! still have to see all your pics.
great you got together with michelleg. i saw her at RG talking to some Argentine guys but didn't want to intrude.

:)