Murray haters silenced [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray haters silenced

evanzo
08-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Andy qualifies for the maindraw at the USO despite his sholder still giving him trouble. Nothing special you cry....how many players Murray's age play in slams? How many players get to the 3rd round (and come close to making the 4th at least) on their first attempt? Once again Andy has made his critics look foolish.

Sjengster
08-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Erm... not yet. Wait till he becomes a stable Top 50 player, at least, for that to happen.

Action Jackson
08-27-2005, 10:26 PM
What has he won a Slam without losing a set or something.

He will more than likely do it eventually, but hasn't done it yet.

Paul Banks
08-27-2005, 10:29 PM
If only the Murray lovers would STFU too. :)

oneandonlyhsn
08-27-2005, 10:55 PM

Ditto, let the player prove himself.

federer express
08-27-2005, 10:56 PM

chances of that are slim to none. and as don king would say 'slim just rode out of town!'

Raquel
08-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Make me :armed: :p

Seriously he's done really well since Queens, through the Challengers in America and now here to qualify at the US Open. Everything for the rest of this year is a bonus but you can't get carried away yet.

*karen*
08-28-2005, 12:04 AM
It's great to finally have a scot in the slams. He was very impressive at wimbledon. who does he play in the first round?

Dashers
08-28-2005, 12:10 AM
He plays Andrei Pavel, I believe. Everyone is tougher from hereon in but I agree with Evanzo to an extent. AM seems to be irking a lot of people on this board and elsewhere. GOOD!

I think it is a great achievement for him to qualify for the USO at the first time of asking.

NicoMassuTheBest
08-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Murray is overrated, please stop kissing his ass :rolleyes:

Sjengster
08-28-2005, 01:17 AM
I agree entirely - Murray has never achieved a tenth of Nico Massu's success at the US Open.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 01:22 AM
If the Nadal haters are yet to be silenced, what on earth makes you think that the Murray haters have?

Sjengster
08-28-2005, 01:24 AM
Don't worry, Andy's 34-match winning streak on clay next year will have the haters singing a different tune before long.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 01:30 AM
Clay being his favourite surface, this is bound to happen!

Sjengster
08-28-2005, 01:32 AM
Yes, he'll be grinding every opponent into submission with his superior physical fitness... oh, wait.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 01:33 AM
He will become the tours new ironman.

Sjengster
08-28-2005, 01:34 AM
It won't be long before rumours start to circulate about what goes in his morning porridge.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 01:39 AM
But never fear. Andy plays for the right country and can eat whatever he wants!

mangoes
08-28-2005, 01:41 AM
Andy qualifies for the maindraw at the USO despite his sholder still giving him trouble. Nothing special you cry....how many players Murray's age play in slams? How many players get to the 3rd round (and come close to making the 4th at least) on their first attempt? Once again Andy has made his critics look foolish.

Isn't Andy Murray and Nadal the same age?

BigboyDan
08-28-2005, 01:42 AM
Nadal is a year older than Murray.

savesthedizzle
08-28-2005, 01:44 AM
Isn't Andy Murray and Nadal the same age?

Andy's one year younger than Nadal.

But Andy is one week older than Djokovic who also made it to the third round of a Slam this year when he made it to the 3rd round of Wimbledon on his first try as well.

zethand
08-28-2005, 01:45 AM
He can be the best at playing tennis but if his attitude is bad... what do you expect? Of course there will be a lot of haters... I´ve not seen him on court but I´ve read some reports about his maners and I dont aprove it.. Let´s hope he changes his attitute... Im sure he can be the next best sensation. :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 01:50 AM
I was actually kind of hoping that his attitude would get even worse.

SwissMister1
08-28-2005, 02:01 AM
I can only hope he continues to yell "TOWEL!" at the ballboys every chance he gets.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 03:43 AM
And then throws it back at them without looking. I was sort of hoping that one of those times he'd hit the kid in the head with it.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-28-2005, 08:27 AM
You're all so funny, just stupid as ever!:fiery:

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Uh, yeah. Because I'm like a massive Andy hater and all that :retard:

Somebody here was at all three of his qualie matches this week and is therefore free to point out her observations. Seeing as that person wasn't you, I think it's time that you relaxed.

While relaxing, feel free to visit my thread to read my comments on him and see the link to where I posted pictures. There is more to come.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Excuse me, I was at the qualies! And I saw all his matches-....!!!

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Uh huh. Then me thinks that somebody needs to take her dose of calming meds if she thinks it's offensive to kid around over the fact that he yells "TOWEL!". What you find offensive and choose to ignore, I find endearing and choose to celebrate.

federer express
08-28-2005, 08:53 AM
more talk of murray. :zzz: i hope he beats pavel and has to face a truly world-class player in juan carlos in the 2nd round...

The Pro
08-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Great, now there's apparently some evil collective of Murray HATAZ cos someone made a thread about him having a bad attitude.

Time will tell anyway.

Personally I don't like what I've seen but I think it would be great to have a sctosman towards the top if the rankings. Anyway, Agassi had a less than stellar attitude when he started out (I'm not comparing here, just saying) and look how he turned out. (Actually he didn't turn out much different IMO but he's widely regarded as having class and maturity).

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 08:56 AM
more talk of murray. :zzz: i hope he beats pavel and has to face a truly world-class player in juan carlos in the 2nd round...
Right. Because 18 year olds kicking ass are only impressive and worth talking about if they beat Juan Carlos Ferrero. Except not really.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Great, now there's apparently some evil collective of Murray HATAZ cos someone made a thread about him having a bad attitude.

Time will tell anyway.

Personally I don't like what I've seen but I think it would be great to have a sctosman towards the top if the rankings. Anyway, Agassi had a less than stellar attitude when he started out (I'm not comparing here, just saying) and look how he turned out. (Actually he didn't turn out much different IMO but he's widely regarded as having class and maturity).

I don't understand why the people who like him have a hard time admitting that he has a serious attitude. He does. Frankly, that's what I like about him. He's going to say what he wants and act how he pleases, and he doesn't care if you like it or not. He's driven and determined and not afraid to talk like it. He's like, my new Coria ;)

federer express
08-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Right. Because 18 year olds kicking ass are only impressive and worth talking about if they beat Juan Carlos Ferrero. Except not really.

no but him getting his ass kicked by ferrero might calm the nonsense

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 09:27 AM
no but him getting his ass kicked by ferrero might calm the nonsense
Which nonsense? He's going to have a couple silly trolls either way. The Murray trolls remind me somewhat of how the Coria trolls used to sound. Maybe there was some name changing going on there? ;)

Seriously, him losing to JCF should do nothing to quiet the hype. He's not the favourite against a player like that at this point anyways. In fact, he's not even the favourite against Pavel. He looked very good in qualies and accomplished what he set out to do there. That's enough, for now.

Sugar Kane
08-28-2005, 10:01 AM
I don't know about the Pavel ass-kicking... :nerner:

Action Jackson
08-28-2005, 10:19 AM
I don't understand why the people who like him have a hard time admitting that he has a serious attitude. He does. Frankly, that's what I like about him. He's going to say what he wants and act how he pleases, and he doesn't care if you like it or not. He's driven and determined and not afraid to talk like it. He's like, my new Coria ;)

He needs to call some more lines for that to happen, though Coria's English is better than Murray's Spanish.

Seriously that's the one thing that I admire the weasel and as for Murray, as long as he doesn't pretend to be a good guy, then that's good, those people are the worst.

Sugar Kane
08-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Coria has some English, but does Murray have *any* Spanish...?

Sjengster
08-28-2005, 07:20 PM
I read the article in the Newsroom forum about the criticism he received from certain people and how much it's motivated him - I like the fact that he speaks his mind and he'll be giving as good as he gets from the media, something that Henman evidently wanted to do, judging by his "worst media in the world" comments last year, but never felt able to. On the other hand, some of the OTT celebrations need to go, they're irritating and they just drain him of much-needed energy, if those losses on grass were anything to go by.

Action Jackson
08-28-2005, 07:24 PM
I mean that's why Rios and Kafelnikov were good in the way they said what they thought and that's good, doesn't mean anyone has to like it, Murray well as long as he can back up the claims he makes, as for the antics take it or leave it. No probs giving the press stupid answers if they ask stupid questions.

adee-gee
08-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Coria has some English, but does Murray have *any* Spanish...?

Yeah he's lived in Spain for the last couple of years.

Sjengster
08-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Murray needs a Rios-like interview sometime soon, where he answers at least three dumb questions with silence. Maybe sometime in the future he'll get the Citroen Prize from the French journalists at RG.

Action Jackson
08-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Yeah he's lived in Spain for the last couple of years.

He still can't speak the language though.

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 07:30 PM
I read the article in the Newsroom forum about the criticism he received from certain people and how much it's motivated him - I like the fact that he speaks his mind and he'll be giving as good as he gets from the media, something that Henman evidently wanted to do, judging by his "worst media in the world" comments last year, but never felt able to. On the other hand, some of the OTT celebrations need to go, they're irritating and they just drain him of much-needed energy, if those losses on grass were anything to go by.
I swear that he tried to do a scissor kick after beating Lapentti.

Action Jackson
Murray needs a Rios-like interview sometime soon, where he answers at least three dumb questions with silence. Maybe sometime in the future he'll get the Citroen Prize from the French journalists at RG.

Rios won that award so many times it should be named after him, Kafelnikov won it one year.

If he manages that, then the credibility goes up for sure.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
He doesn't need to:)

adee-gee
08-28-2005, 07:33 PM
He still can't speak the language though.

Apparently he's not too bad. Him and Rafa are good mates. I wonder what language they speak. Seeing as he's not great at Spanish and Rafa's English was pretty awful until recently.

Man what I'd give to see them play doubles together :cool:

Action Jackson
08-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Apparently he's not too bad. Him and Rafa are good mates. I wonder what language they speak. Seeing as he's not great at Spanish and Rafa's English was pretty awful until recently.

Man what I'd give to see them play doubles together :cool:

Sign language, the thing is you'd think he'd be able to do so, as he was down there long enough. Then again it's probably like the Gasquet/Nadal situation.