US Open Weather.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

US Open Weather....

NYCtennisfan
08-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Looks like the first week is calling for T-Storms throughout with some residue from Hurrican Katrina. I really hope things clear up. A repeat of last year's rain would really, really stink.

onewoman74
08-27-2005, 10:23 PM
too bad it didn't start this week...the weather has been spectacular!!! Not one drop of rain or humidity...its been so hard to go into work. it sucks that the weather will change next week.

RonE
08-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Yeah- I am now in Newark and it drizzled a little bit today but the forecast is rain for pretty much the whole week :banghead:

NYCtennisfan
08-28-2005, 01:26 AM
Yeah, too bad this week's weather isn't in the forecast for next week:( I just hope they can get in a substantial amount of matches played in the first couple of days or everything will be screwed.

aceit
08-28-2005, 01:52 AM
:sad:

tangerine_dream
08-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Looks like the first week is calling for T-Storms throughout with some residue from Hurrican Katrina. I really hope things clear up. A repeat of last year's rain would really, really stink.
I told you that Roger's father, God, would be busy this week.

pravda
08-28-2005, 03:19 AM
looks like a repeat of 2003 when we got several days washed out

LLeytonRules
08-28-2005, 03:43 AM
The players will be well rested, is Federer expected to start in the morning session?

NYCtennisfan
08-28-2005, 03:45 AM

LOL!

NYCtennisfan
08-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Looks like the weather should be clearing up by Thursday with maybe only one complete washout type day. That's not good but not disastrous either.

RodLo
08-28-2005, 09:56 PM
:ras:

Rain, rain, go away...and don't come back again.

adee-gee
08-28-2005, 10:17 PM
and you Americans complain about Wimbledon :(

TheBoiledEgg
08-28-2005, 10:26 PM
no doubt ALL MATCHES WILL BE POSTPONED
that is except for Roddick & Agassi :o :rolleyes:

RodLo
08-28-2005, 10:36 PM
and you Americans complain about Wimbledon :(

Yeah, because the rain sucks there too. :rolleyes:

Jennay
08-28-2005, 10:42 PM
USO is so screwed. Katrina is going to dump loads all over the east coast.

adee-gee
08-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Yeah, because the rain sucks there too. :rolleyes:

Yeah but Britain is supposed to rain all the time, its tradition. We'd almost be disappointed if it didn't rain at Wimby.

The US Open should be hot and sticky, and have nice evenings for our night sessions :mad:

NYCtennisfan
08-28-2005, 11:22 PM
The US Open should be hot and sticky, and have nice evenings for our night sessions

Oh, there are plenty of those too. :)

RodLo
08-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Oh, there are plenty of those too. :)

No kidding. http://bestsmileys.com/hot/3.gif

Scotso
08-29-2005, 12:37 AM
I'll pretend I didn't read this.

nobama
08-29-2005, 12:53 AM
This is amazing....we have a cat 5 hurricane ready to hit the Gulf Coast and people here are pissy because it might screw up the US Open (and of course somehow benefit Jesus Fed :rolleyes: ). Amazing...

PamV
08-29-2005, 01:53 AM
This is amazing....we have a cat 5 hurricane ready to hit the Gulf Coast and people here are pissy because it might screw up the US Open (and of course somehow benefit Jesus Fed :rolleyes: ). Amazing...
I don't think anyone complained that rain delays might help Jesus Fed. :worship: Naturally people discuss the whether and the USOpen because this is a tennis site.

I am surprised how bad Hurricane Katrina is predicted to be. When she started they said she was only catagory 1.

aceit
08-29-2005, 02:12 AM
The hurricane is horrible, and my prayers are with people who will be effected by it and I also pray that it can magically die away, but I'd say that people have a reason for being upset (especially those who are going like myself). I wait all year for a few days at the Open, and it's very upsetting that I may not be able to watch great matches because of the rain. Could you blame me?

On a happier note, (even though the weather report changes every few hours), according to weather.com (http://www.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/weather/tenday.html?locid=USNY0504&from=search_10day) it's only supposed to really rain Monday - Wednesday, as opposed until Friday. :)

Jennay
08-29-2005, 02:21 AM
Considering I (along with many, many other people) was affected by Hurricane Charley last August, all of my thoughts and prayers are with the people up in Louisiana, Alabama, etc. I could care less about the US Open as long as those helpless people are safe.

NicoFan
08-29-2005, 02:41 AM
Definitely the poor people of New Orleans are more important than a tennis tournament. I feel so sorry for them - how frightening.

But I feel sorry for those of us that wait all year for the US Open too though obviously to a much much lesser extent.

Basically, it s*cks for everyone.

PamV
08-29-2005, 02:43 AM
Considering I (along with many, many other people) was affected by Hurricane Charley last August, all of my thoughts and prayers are with the people up in Louisiana, Alabama, etc. I could care less about the US Open as long as those helpless people are safe.

Of course your point is correct. But I think people can do both....worry about the hurricane's effects and complain about the rain at the USOpen. It's pretty scary looking at the info on Katrina. I was so relieved when they said it was turning away from where I am. Any way, I find it strange the way they didn't think this hurricane was going to much of anything.....now it's a level 5 !

aceit
08-29-2005, 02:49 AM
Now that I read what I wrote I hope what I said didn't come off as rude and snobby. Of course the people who are in the hurricane's path are far more important than a tennis tournament, I was just really looking forward to going on Tuesday. It's one of the only two things I look forward to all year.

nobama
08-29-2005, 03:50 AM
Now that I read what I wrote I hope what I said didn't come off as rude and snobby. Of course the people who are in the hurricane's path are far more important than a tennis tournament, I was just really looking forward to going on Tuesday. It's one of the only two things I look forward to all year.No you didn't. But it gets annoying reading crap (not by you) about how the bad weather somehow benefits Roger. Someone explain to me how rain delays benefit him more or less than anyone else. :scratch:

NicoFan
08-29-2005, 04:47 AM
Now that I read what I wrote I hope what I said didn't come off as rude and snobby. Of course the people who are in the hurricane's path are far more important than a tennis tournament, I was just really looking forward to going on Tuesday. It's one of the only two things I look forward to all year.

Don't worry...I count the days from one US Open to the other...lol!...so I know how you feel. I'm terribly bummed myself.

And obviously we all care about the poor people in New Orleans more....maybe a million people maybe be homeless...what a nightmare and a shame because what a great fun city.

But we're human - we've looked forward to seeing the US Open, and we're very disappointed about that too. :sad:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Is anyone near Flushing M.? How's the weather? I can't wait to watch but I'm sad if it will rain:sad:

aceit
08-29-2005, 03:31 PM
I live an hour away and it's beautiful.

Turkeyballs Paco
08-29-2005, 03:32 PM
I remember I taped S Williams vs J Capriati at least 4 times last year due to the rain delays, and missed loads of great matches because I didn't know when to set my vcr. This year, wonder which matches they will play during rain delays :shrug:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-29-2005, 03:33 PM
yaaaaaaaaayyyy thx my friend:)

PamV
08-29-2005, 04:15 PM
It didn't come off as snobby at all. It's not logical to me to say we should not complain about the whether because there is a hurricane going on. If that were the case, we could say that we should not even care about the matches or who wins because all of that is insignificant in comparison to the damagae of the hurricane.

PamV
08-30-2005, 03:22 AM
No you didn't. But it gets annoying reading crap (not by you) about how the bad weather somehow benefits Roger. Someone explain to me how rain delays benefit him more or less than anyone else. :scratch:

Did one person in this thread say that? I only noticed someone saying that Agassi and Roddick would likely be the only ones who don't have their matches delayed.

aceit
08-30-2005, 03:24 AM
Tomorrow's supposed to be crap. :sad: I really have been waiting forward to this day all year...

NYCtennisfan
08-30-2005, 03:26 AM
Probably three days of crap. It's a good thing we got this relatively nice day today and all the matches that were supposed to be played were played.

PamV
08-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Tomorrow's supposed to be crap. :sad: I really have been waiting forward to this day all year...

Does that mean rain all day?

RickDaStick
08-30-2005, 03:35 AM
It is going to rain nonstop next 2 days.

oneandonlyhsn
08-30-2005, 03:39 AM

:rolleyes: Cant help it if even Roger's father, God wants him to win everything

avocadoe
08-30-2005, 01:54 PM
They have changed the schedule

33 men on Tuesday

Only 8 left for Weds

I think that's in part due to iffy weather today and tomorrow...they must be hoping to get as many done whenever as they can. If they do, they'll start second round matches on Wwednesday, right? :wavey:

willrock
08-30-2005, 02:23 PM
How the weather's like at the moment in NYC?

Please reassure me :awww:

nobama
08-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Latest radar image....will anyone play today? :lol:

http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_ne_4regradar_large_usen.jpg

willrock
08-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Well thanx for the answer but not reassuring at all :eek:
Lets hope this light rain will go north and spare flushing meadows :unsure:

Does anyone here live in NYC and can tell the situation?
Thanx :wavey:

ezekiel
08-30-2005, 03:03 PM
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USNY0996_f.html

currently partly cloudy. I think early matches will be finnished but storms will hit later on

VingaRafel
08-30-2005, 03:15 PM
It was sprinkling this morning as I walked to work (in Manhattan). Very cloudy now, very dark. It is definitively going to rain, sooner than later.

willrock
08-30-2005, 03:31 PM
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USNY0996_f.html

currently partly cloudy. I think early matches will be finnished but storms will hit later on

I really hope early matches will be finished today! Thanx for givin me some hope :D
To be honest I don't care about late matches since because of the time difference, i won't watch them.

~EMiLiTA~
08-30-2005, 03:35 PM
They have changed the schedule

33 men on Tuesday

Only 8 left for Weds

where can i see the new oop? can't see it on the uso site

mitalidas
08-30-2005, 03:37 PM
where can i see the new oop? can't see it on the uso site

they haven't changed the oop
its as before http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html

~EMiLiTA~
08-30-2005, 03:39 PM
ok cool thanks

boliviana
08-30-2005, 05:54 PM
be prepared to be really hot . . . east coast humidity at it's worst . . . soupy!! It is supposed to be amazing Thursday on . . .

NYCtennisfan
08-30-2005, 07:21 PM
The torunament has been really lucky so far. If they can get in the day session today, then a day and half of rain will suck but not be disastrous.

uNIVERSE mAN
08-30-2005, 07:28 PM
When are they going to build a roof over this piece of crap stadium?

NYCtennisfan
08-31-2005, 01:07 AM
It looks like there will be rain tommorrow but then sunny all the way through the rest of the tournament. Looks like we lucked out big time.

Angle Queen
08-31-2005, 05:37 PM
It's very, very windy today. LGA is reporting wind gusts of up to 30 mph.

Neely
08-31-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes, very windy! :eek: I'm currently watching the Burgsmüller vs Dent match and Lars did alreay better than most, myself included, expected by winning this 2nd set. So I don't want to complain, actually it looks as if Dent has more troubles and as it hurts him more when he is not getting enough first serves in (I think the wind contributes to that for sure).

Neely
09-01-2005, 01:59 AM

Don't tell me it's raining for Nadal's match now?! :fiery:

VingaRafel
09-01-2005, 02:06 AM
I can't freaking believe it, rain held off all day long and throughout Serena's match, my favourite player gets on the court, I am super excited and starts pouring... I am really mad right now so don't any of you say a word to me ! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bilbo
09-01-2005, 02:07 AM
The last few rain drops of Katrina hit New York right now.

Neely
09-01-2005, 02:10 AM
I can't freaking believe it, rain held off all day long and throughout Serena's match, my favourite player gets on the court, I am super excited and starts pouring...
LOL........

I was exactly thinking the same.... :mad: Serena got lucky and finished her match and now Nadal is on and ......... :o

LLeytonRules
09-01-2005, 02:12 AM
I believe the rain will not last long, hopefully this match is played today, even if they have to scheduled it for 10:30.

rofe
09-01-2005, 02:12 AM
They are showing the Muller - Roddick match. Are they hoping for a repeat from Scoville? :haha:

LLeytonRules
09-01-2005, 02:51 AM
Any reports on the weather?I am guessing they might wait a little longer.

Gogo123
09-01-2005, 03:01 AM
they're drying the courts...about 10 mins till warm-up

VingaRafel
09-01-2005, 03:09 AM
The courts are dry now, they are waiting for the players to come out. I'm still pissed, but I'm talking.

NYCtennisfan
09-01-2005, 04:31 AM
My worst fears about the weather didn't come true. Yay!

NYCtennisfan
09-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Looks like really good weather in the good ol city for the next week now. Perfect.

Angle Queen
09-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Looks like really good weather in the good ol city for the next week now. Perfect.Yep. All-in-all, I'd say they had fantastic weather for the entire tournament. A little windy and just a few showers...but fantastic stuff for the final weekend.