US OPEN Practice Courts -Sightings [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

US OPEN Practice Courts -Sightings

onewoman74
08-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Did anyone get to see Fed and Youzney practice yesterday? Pretty damn cool i must say...as Fed a fan it was fantastic to get to see Fed so up close and personal...I ran from the Bjorkman match when I spotted his trainer and then Fed on the PC#5...tons of spectators gawking at both players...not too many people around me knew who Mikhail was...so sad-I did give them the heads up.

Then guess who marches in behind Fed while he's playing, but the Williams' sisters...they go all the way down PC1-it's more enclosed, but you can watch from the rafters behind the PC1. Gaudio was right next to them on PC2...blue socks in tow :rolleyes: lol!!!

A few sightings around the grounds: Mark the Scud, Papadorn S, Ivo K(yes, he's that tall), Alberto C., Scoville J, Radek S.( yes, he looks like Brad Pitt), Sania M

I watched some of the Clement, Bjorkman and Murray matches

ktwtennis
08-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Cool!! Sounds like you're having a great time...Thanks for the report!

1sun
08-27-2005, 05:20 PM
cheers. i like rogers shoes and shorts

oneandonlyhsn
08-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Fed and Misha :hearts: Thanks for the report and pics

Chloe le Bopper
08-27-2005, 06:05 PM
I saw some of Fed and Misha. Maybe I bumped in to you :p

onewoman74
08-27-2005, 06:14 PM
I saw some of Fed and Misha. Maybe I bumped in to you :p

While i was watching them practice a guy behind me was talking about the Moya/Safin practice...supposedly Safin hurt his knee while playing w/ Moya...i don't know how bad it is, but they way he made it sound it wasn't looking good. I hope he's doing better today

Chloe le Bopper
08-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Did you see Fed practice with Djokovic a couple of days ago too?

Aleksa's Laydee
08-27-2005, 06:16 PM
Cool...I've pmed you ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-27-2005, 06:17 PM
I left Marat's practice after getting a couple picture, but somebody who was there told me that yes, he did quit it in the middle. Too bad, hopefully he's okay.

onewoman74
08-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Did you see Fed practice with Djokovic a couple of days ago too?

No...I got lucky yesterday...I got out of work early(summer friday) and went straight to Flushing Meadows. I wasn't sure if I would see anyone let alone Fed...I've never seen him play in person-match or practice...I was drooling at the sight of him...still pinching myself!!!

Chloe le Bopper
08-27-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm glad you got to see him. I went over the other day excited about Djokovic and spent the next hour having to tell people who he was, and yes, I do know that the other one is Federer. :p

gsm
08-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Gaudio was right next to them on PC2...blue socks in tow :rolleyes: lol!!!
lucky you getting to have a gawk at the practice

Mrs. B
08-27-2005, 06:50 PM
No...I got lucky yesterday...I got out of work early(summer friday) and went straight to Flushing Meadows. I wasn't sure if I would see anyone let alone Fed...I've never seen him play in person-match or practice...I was drooling at the sight of him...still pinching myself!!!

good on you, onewoman74!
it's great to see Roger live, isn't it? :)

cool he practiced w Mischa.

enqvistfan
08-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Thanks a lot for the reports and pics :)

NYCtennisfan
08-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Damn, you guys are making me jealous. I always love going out the practice courts right before the Open. I'm in San Francisco right now and will be here for about the next 10 days. :(

It sure is beautiful here at least. A nice change from the hot and muggy New York summer.

Chloe le Bopper
08-27-2005, 08:43 PM
The weather in NY this past week was gorgeous :p

silverwhite
08-27-2005, 08:49 PM
The weather in NY this past week was gorgeous :p

I heard you were spotted drooling over Richard, Becca. :lol: Any pictures for us? Did you hunt down Paulo and Lizard Lips? ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I heard you were spotted drooling over Richard, Becca. :lol: Any pictures for us? Did you hunt down Paulo and Lizard Lips? ;)

I did not! I swear that I did not! It's just that he has really nice hair! WHO TOLD YOU!

Anyways, yes, I found Mahut and took 23947930 photos of him :hearts: Too bad he was horribly off his game. I had hoped to see him two more times :( Seeing as I ran out of space on my memory card as it is, I guess it was for the best.

I saw Paulo at Clement's second round qualie match. He has nicer hair than Gasquet ;)

I have photos of lots of the French players: Clement, Roger-Vaselin, Mahut, Benneteau, Richard, Ascione, Lisnard, Carraz, and somebody else... erm, maybe it was De Chaunac? I'll see.

I will get them all up over the next couple of days. I have 4 days to cover and more than 300 photos, so be patient.

Should I put the thread in the tournament forum or in GM?

onewoman74
08-27-2005, 09:18 PM
put it in GM

delsa
08-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks a lot everyone for the reports and pics! :yeah:
Wow! You're really in your kind of "French period", Chloe! :eek:
You're all very lucky! It seems that you all had a fantastic time going to the USO quallies and for free moreover...I'm extremely jalous...
I can't wait to see all these pics and reports! ;)
Djokovic practiced with "The boss"? Waow!
Oh and we could all read this here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=136) ... :secret: :devil:
I might add that I ran into the infamous Rebecca here and she was drooling all over Richard, although she caught me drooling all over Sesil Karatancheva when Sesil walked by a little later, so I guess we're even :o

silverwhite
08-27-2005, 09:42 PM
I did not! I swear that I did not! It's just that he has really nice hair! WHO TOLD YOU!

Anyways, yes, I found Mahut and took 23947930 photos of him :hearts: Too bad he was horribly off his game. I had hoped to see him two more times :( Seeing as I ran out of space on my memory card as it is, I guess it was for the best.

I saw Paulo at Clement's second round qualie match. He has nicer hair than Gasquet ;)

I have photos of lots of the French players: Clement, Roger-Vaselin, Mahut, Benneteau, Richard, Ascione, Lisnard, Carraz, and somebody else... erm, maybe it was De Chaunac? I'll see.

I will get them all up over the next couple of days. I have 4 days to cover and more than 300 photos, so be patient.

Should I put the thread in the tournament forum or in GM?

Delsa just sold me out. :lol: SwissMaster1 must be the one who's lying, right? ;)

Actually, you could post threads in both forums like some of the others have done. :p

flip_fan
08-27-2005, 10:31 PM
any pics of mark???

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 12:20 AM
I didn't realize he had posted a blog already. It's full of lies I tell you, lies!

savesthedizzle
08-28-2005, 12:22 AM
I didn't realize he had posted a blog already. It's full of lies I tell you, lies!

It doesn't even talk about how you were enjoying his hair on Tuesday already ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 12:23 AM
For shame!

This never happened. I don't know who these people are.

SwissMister1
08-28-2005, 12:59 AM
I never lie :) And while Richard may have great hair, Bruno Clement has him beat with the baseball cap resting over the ponytail.

Thanks for identifying Djokovic for me, though. I only knew him as "the guy who was practicing with Kiefer that might be Djokovic." I'll try to catch his match with Monfils. I also got a little video clip of him, as well as a bunch of other players, for you guys.

I saw Roger practice with Wawrinka on the grandstand. Personally I don't like the practice courts 1-5. To get pictures or videos you have to either stick your camera through the fence or climb up on the bleachers on court 4 and possibly disturb a match going on there.

AlexNYR
08-28-2005, 01:48 AM
ive been there 2 days straight and have seen every member of the top 5 in the entry rankings practice among others....

savesthedizzle
08-28-2005, 01:54 AM
I never lie :) And while Richard may have great hair, Bruno Clement has him beat with the baseball cap resting over the ponytail.

Thanks for identifying Djokovic for me, though. I only knew him as "the guy who was practicing with Kiefer that might be Djokovic." I'll try to catch his match with Monfils. I also got a little video clip of him, as well as a bunch of other players, for you guys.

I saw Roger practice with Wawrinka on the grandstand. Personally I don't like the practice courts 1-5. To get pictures or videos you have to either stick your camera through the fence or climb up on the bleachers on court 4 and possibly disturb a match going on there.

You got video of Djokovic?? :worship: Why didn't I think of that?

BECCA I BLAME THIS ON YOU! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME TO VIDEO!

alelysafina
08-28-2005, 02:00 AM
Great pictures and great reports guys!!! :yeah: if any one sees davydenko, could you please take a picture or two for me? please?

AlexNYR
08-28-2005, 02:06 AM

those practice courts are a mess cause all the work u need to do to see anything...grandstand in the shade is the place to be....

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 02:38 AM
You got video of Djokovic?? :worship: Why didn't I think of that?

BECCA I BLAME THIS ON YOU! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME TO VIDEO!

Um, I did. In Montreal. It's not my fault that you don't listen!

Chloe le Bopper
08-28-2005, 02:39 AM
And while Richard may have great hair, Bruno Clement has him beat with the baseball cap resting over the ponytail.

And both lose to Adam Chadaj!

Daniel
08-29-2005, 01:52 AM
Roger :drool: