Tim Henman forum [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tim Henman forum

harry_potter
07-27-2002, 11:35 PM
can one of the moderators change Tim Henman's forum name to "Henman Hill" please? thanks. :)

Angele
07-27-2002, 11:42 PM
*snicker* :p

harry_potter
07-27-2002, 11:46 PM
"Lucious Lleyton's Lounge", what kind of name is that? :eek: :D

Goonergal
07-27-2002, 11:57 PM
It reflects the man himself! ;)

Chloe le Bopper
07-28-2002, 01:59 AM
The Hewitt lounge does have a rather pervy *cough*stupid*cough* name.

What ever happened to deleting the Tim forum? :o

I'm still confused why he gets one, and the entire French Federation doesn't :confused:

TheBoiledEgg
07-28-2002, 09:17 AM
Becca, you forgot something

a) he is a posh snob
b) his parents paid for that forum
c) ermmmmmmm something else i'm sure

Layla
07-28-2002, 09:23 AM
Becca!!!! :eek: Shame on you! :waving finger:

He gets one because he's the number 4 player in the world, and we (get paid to) love him! :hearts: :kiss:

harry_potter
07-28-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Rebecca
The Hewitt lounge does have a rather pervy *cough*stupid*cough* name.

What ever happened to deleting the Tim forum? :o

I'm still confused why he gets one, and the entire French Federation doesn't :confused:

hi rebecca :wavey: maybe tim doesn't have many fans here but his forum actually has more posts than many other players, so i don't see the need to delete it. i have nothing against having a French Federation forum, an i don't see what that has got to do with tim's forum. :)

harry_potter
07-28-2002, 09:52 AM
btw, if any1 dislikes tim, can they please tell me why? i'm just curious. thanks. :confused: :)

Darran
07-28-2002, 10:29 AM
Im a brit and have split loyalties. Of course i'd like to see him do well, however there is just something about him which makes him hard to cheer for.

Take rusedski for example, he maybe is not liked by the british media as much but he gives his all in every match, obviously has weaknesses but seems to try and remedy them and can regularly beat the top players, he's a fighter and gets pumped up something fans can relate to.

Henman on the other hand seems almost fake when doing that pathetic fist clench and seems to capitulate matches. His game in my opinion is going backwards, his serve is just pushed in and his forehand certainly not world class.

Thats not to say he doesnt deserve his no4 ranking but when theres nothing about him really remotely amiable then its obvious that in terms of fans he is going to be lacking.

I also think alot of people take the BBC wimbledon Timfest out on him instead of directing it at the BBC itself.

harry_potter
07-28-2002, 10:35 AM
thanks for ur opinion (not sarcastic) :D. i don't agree totally but i'll respect it (especially as it's from a brit ;) ).

Chloe le Bopper
07-28-2002, 03:02 PM
*I was being sarcastic*

Layla
07-28-2002, 03:24 PM
*I know*

What can I say, sometimes I like to argue. :p

But there should be a French forum. I love those guys, especially Grosjean, Santoro and Di Pasquale. :kiss:

warfreakbix
07-28-2002, 04:06 PM
I don't really know why I don't like Tim, maybe its the teeth (just kidding, you should see mine I'll put Dracula to shame), its just hard to cheer for the guy. Maybe its the lack of charisma, his game, his demeanor in court, anything and everything that comes to mind.
Come to think of it, if Henman retires today what will tennis fans be reminded of: the guy who never went past the semi-finals of Wimbledon which is said to be his favorite tournament or the guy who never won against Hewitt. When you think of Hewitt heart and a$$hole comes to mind, Safin his two-handed backhand and headcaseness, Goran his serve and his multiple personality, Pete his focus and serve and volley and on and on and on.
Don't worry harry I'm sure you just see differently from most of us and surely one day it will dawn on us all why you really, really like Tim.

thenman
07-28-2002, 05:46 PM
I don't know...Am I the only one who smells the making of another anti-Henman-let's-all-use-this-thread-to-*majorly*-flame-him-cause it's-like-*totally*-cool thread? I really hope I am, because on WTAworld.com there are/were several anti-Tim threads, and to tell you the truth, I just don't feel like copying and pasting my argument from there, into here!
But I respect everyone who isn't like me and doesn't like Tim. Chacun son gout.
Oh, and I like all the French players, too! But I'm really glad Sebastien got his own forum, at least! He's so cool! :)

warfreakbix
07-29-2002, 11:25 AM
OMG thenman, I hope you didn't think I was anti-Henman or something. I just thought harry potter asked an honest question and it deserves an honest answer, JMHO!

harry_potter
07-29-2002, 11:28 AM
yeah, i was asking an honest question and expecting honest answers too! i really don't mind if ppl. don't like tim. i can understand coz i don't like every player too! i just wanted to know why. thanks for ur opinion, warfreakbix. :D

warfreakbix
07-29-2002, 11:32 AM
Welcome harry_potter, if its any consolation I like Tim Henman's wife she's very pretty and classy too!

harry_potter
07-29-2002, 11:34 AM
i don't like his wife (see, another clash of opinion :D ) but i wouldn't mind being his wife ;)

warfreakbix
07-29-2002, 11:37 AM
LOL, harry_potter!

harry_potter
07-29-2002, 11:43 AM
but i'm not old enough anyway. :sad: ;)

thenman
07-29-2002, 11:57 AM
omg, warfreakbix, I'm so sorry! My bad! Ahh, the problem with the written word - ya can't really tell the person's exact tone! Ohh..I'm sorry for my misunderstanding! No hard feelings? :)
Sorry if any of the other ppl who posted answers to harry_potter here were offended by my previous post! I meant no harm...Sorry!!

warfreakbix
07-29-2002, 12:10 PM
:D no offense taken thenman, peace! goodluck to tim at TMS-Toronto!

harry_potter
07-29-2002, 12:14 PM
:eek: has warfreakbix been converted to a timmy fan? :D :D

warfreakbix
07-29-2002, 12:20 PM
:D:D:D not yet, but a lot more post like this and you might, just might convince me to cheer for him once in a while! :D:D:D

Darran
07-29-2002, 07:29 PM
I do cheer for him occassionally, i certainly dont cheer against him, its just HARD to cheer for him if you know wot i mean