(14) JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE v ZABALETA, Mariano ARG
HERNANDEZ, Oscar ESP v GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA
GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA v KUERTEN, Gustavo BRA
QUALIFIER v (19) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP
(28) RUSEDSKI, Greg GBR v (WC) BLAKE, James USA
QUALIFIER v ANDREEV, Igor RUS
QUALIFIER v (WC) JENKINS, Scoville USA
(WC) REYNOLDS, Bobby USA v (2) NADAL, Rafael ESP

not the worse he could have had esp compared to what the rest of my boys got! just a question of who's the qualifier i guess

linus
08-24-2005, 08:31 PM
no words now :(

paulo guy, fight from the 1st day plz :kiss:

Éowyn
08-25-2005, 05:08 AM
what if he doesn't play till day 2 :p

joyk
08-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Good luck!

linus
08-25-2005, 02:01 PM
what if he doesn't play till day 2 :p
:lol: it seems you do put me into the corner :lol:
take it easy, he would fight from 1st day and then go on on the 2nd day :haha:

Ome
08-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Compared to those previous draws he had... this one is pretty good! ;)

It's better than having played Fed or A-Rod or Rafa in the early round....

Get you things together, Paulo!
Go all the way!! :bounce:

Éowyn
08-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Compared to those previous draws he had... this one is pretty good! ;)

It's better than having played Fed or A-Rod or Rafa in the early round....

Get you things together, Paulo!
Go all the way!! :bounce:

yeah robby gets to do that instead :bigcry:

linus
08-27-2005, 02:11 AM
omg, dear, how could you put your robby inside our paulo's :sad:

pity paulo :hug:

silverwhite
08-27-2005, 02:27 AM
Paulo draws a relatively easy qualifier, Capdeville from Chile. :)

linus
08-27-2005, 03:23 AM
Allez, paulo :kiss:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-27-2005, 04:42 AM
i hope he doesn't draw Jonas Bjorkman as the qualifier! *crosses fingers* let him get the guy that beat both my brazilians! he can take revenge for me! :devil:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-27-2005, 04:48 AM
oh, nevermind. he drew Capdeville? he didn't beat anyone i really like....

delsa
08-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Paulo draws a relatively easy qualifier, Capdeville from Chile. :)
You mean...compared to the others he could have had...of course... ;)
Because Paulo should be wary of him.
But Allez Paulo!!! :bounce:

silverwhite
08-27-2005, 01:17 PM
You mean...compared to the others he could have had...of course... ;)
Because Paulo should be wary of him.
But Allez Paulo!!! :bounce:

Yes. That's why I said "relatively" easy. ;)

delsa
08-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Yes. That's why I said "relatively" easy. ;)
Yeah. Sorry. I realized that after posting...
Most of my hopes are on you Paulo since the poor Richard is... http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/n035.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/o055.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/o045.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/o040.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/o010.gif

So Allez Paulo! :bounce:

*Viva Chile*
08-27-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm sure that Paulo will win his first round... all I have to say about Capdeville is that he is one of the few southamericans who plays serve and volley ;)

silverwhite
08-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Yeah. Sorry. I realized that after posting...
Most of my hopes are on you Paulo since the poor Richard is... http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/n035.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/o055.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/o045.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/o040.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/o010.gif

So Allez Paulo! :bounce:

:lol: I have a feeling that I'm going to have a miserable US Open, with Richard and Serena injured. I'll have to count on Paulo and Venus. :scared:

oneandonlyhsn
08-27-2005, 11:02 PM
:eek: Nice draw for Paulo thats new

oskyldig
08-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Ja ja no kidding... Hopefully he put ton of effort right from the beginning... best of 5 matches can be loong!!

Danika
08-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Yay thats a good draw not great but good.And never underestimate Henman or Verdasco!!No Henman has not been playing his best and no Verdasco is not in the top 20 but every one says that Verdasco plays like and should be in the top 10!So that is saying something about the way Verdasco plays!And Henman is still in the top 15 so it should be tough either way!And hell yay thats a better draw than Roddick or Federer or something but its not great.But I hope Paul will win all of his matches and have a great us open!!!!!!!!!

Éowyn
08-28-2005, 01:48 AM
Yay thats a good draw not great but good.And never underestimate Henman or Verdasco!!No Henman has not been playing his best and no Verdasco is not in the top 20 but every one says that Verdasco plays like and should be in the top 10!So that is saying something about the way Verdasco plays!And Henman is still in the top 15 so it should be tough either way!And hell yay thats a better draw than Roddick or Federer or something but its not great.But I hope Paul will win all of his matches and have a great us open!!!!!!!!!
nando will destroy tim :devil:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
08-29-2005, 06:35 AM
:crying2:
Heart for Tim but in my mind Verdasco will be Paulo's opponent in R2. :)

linus
08-29-2005, 08:06 PM
:lol:

Paulo guy, to show yourself to the gonzo girl

:lol:

oneandonlyhsn
08-29-2005, 08:09 PM

:banana:

linus
08-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Paulo guy, Allez, dont play any kidding today plz :angel:

*julie*
08-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Court 16 11.00 AM Start

1. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) vs. Paul Capdeville (CHI)
followed by

2. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Davide Sanguinetti (ITA) vs. Wayne Arthurs (AUS)

3. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Stephanie Foretz (FRA) vs. Gisela Dulko (ARG)[27]

4. Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) vs. Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE)

I guess there will be no coverage on this court :scratch:
Allez Paulo!!! :worship: (Don't play with our nerves)

delsa
08-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Which hour for us, Julie? :scratch: 4am, right? :confused: :tape:

silverwhite
08-30-2005, 11:46 AM
It's 4 pm for y'all in Paris, I think.

delsa
08-30-2005, 11:51 AM
(Don't play with our nerves)
Hehe...Don't count on that. :lol: Even if he doesn't and cruise he'll always play with my nerves in a way since i always keep myself prepared if things turn around without any explanations as often... :tape:
Thank you for the confirmation Silverwhite! Another very long night...Julie's not in paris BTW
Allez Paulo! :bounce: Keep the momentum (even if you were stopped in Cincy...)!

silverwhite
08-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Hehe...Don't count on that. :lol: Even if he doesn't and cruise he'll always play with my nerves in a way since i always keep myself prepared if things turn around without any explanations as often... :tape:
Thank you for the confirmation Silverwhite! Another very long night...Julie's not in paris BTW
Allez Paulo! :bounce: Keep the momentum (even if you were stopped in Cincy...)!

Why another very long night? Aren't you in France? :confused:

delsa
08-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Why another very long night? Aren't you in France? :confused:
Sorry i thought you answerd 4 AM since i did that mistake... :rolleyes: :o
I'm in Paris, France right now. Yes.

*julie*
08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Which hour for us, Julie? :scratch: 4am, right? :confused: :tape:

11:00 AM in New York is 5:00 PM for us (you just have to add 6 hours to the local time)...so no sleepless night this time :zzz: ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-30-2005, 03:10 PM
triple bagel, paulo!! :devil:

Éowyn
08-30-2005, 04:40 PM
paulo what are you doing :sad: you go down to breaks you get one back then you let him break you again :sad: wake up boy please

Éowyn
08-30-2005, 04:42 PM
lost first set 6-2 :sad:

lau
08-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Please Paulo, don´t make this USO suck even more for me... :sad:

Éowyn
08-30-2005, 05:37 PM
he came back from a break down in the 2nd to win it 6-4

Éowyn
08-30-2005, 06:12 PM
paulo had a set point at 5-4 and missed it now he got broken and it#s 5-6 with capdeville serving for the set :sad:

Éowyn
08-30-2005, 06:46 PM
:sad: he's torturing me! he had me thinking he was gonna come back and win it with that second set and then the set point in the 3rd but no he tricked me he lost the 3rd 5-7 and capdeville is now serving for the matchs at 5-4 in the 4th :bigcry:

*julie*
08-30-2005, 06:57 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: I am very disappointed... Paulo!
For once, he had an "easy draw".
I don't know if it has to do with an injury or a mental breakdown...
It's so sad...

Marine
08-30-2005, 07:05 PM
LAMENTABLE !

Let's buy him a mental !!!!!! What excuse this time ??? :mad:
I'm furious.

silverwhite
08-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Paulo... :smash: :help: :o

I seriously thought he would take advantage of the draw.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-30-2005, 09:42 PM
triple bagel, paulo!! :devil:
omg!!!! :banghead: i have jinxed him! :sad::sad::sad::mad::fiery:

Marine
08-30-2005, 09:44 PM
(audio interview)

He's injured, he regrets to have played in new haven the last week,he would gave prefered to have a rest, he didn't feel good at all today it was almost a sacrifice to be on the court etc...

Éowyn
08-30-2005, 10:05 PM
aww poor paulo waulo silly babe :sad: come home tome i'll look after you :p

delsa
08-30-2005, 10:20 PM
(audio interview)

He's injured, he regrets to have played in new haven the last week,he would gave prefered to have a rest, he didn't feel good at all today it was almost a sacrifice to be on the court etc...
It stinks excuses but i think he's truely injured though...
Well, we're back with the old Paulo again...We already know how it will be like...I'm ready to experience this again for a time if that's what's bound to happen.

Marine
08-30-2005, 10:24 PM
It stinks excuses but i think he's truely injured though...
Well, we're back with the old Paulo again...We already know how it will be like...I'm ready to experience this again for a time if that's what's bound to happen.

ouai...mais ça me fatique à la longue. C'est parfois pénible d'aimer des joueurs comme Paulo. * penser à n'encourager que les meilleurs dans les années à venir*

silverwhite
08-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Paulo :sad:

A choke at RG, bad draw at Wimbledon and an injury at the USO. :(

Hope he gets better in time for the indoor season.

linus
08-30-2005, 10:28 PM
:sad:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
08-31-2005, 01:18 AM
aw, get well soon Paulo!!! :hug::hug:

Marine
08-31-2005, 12:27 PM
L'Equipe

PAUL EN RIT, Mathieu beaucoup moins (wow what such a word game :rolleyes: ).
Paul Capdeville, vainqueur de Paul-Henri Mathieu ! Il pouvait sourire, le Chilien, après ce succès obtenu sur un joueur le précédant de 112 places au classement ATP (45e contre 157e). La forte colonie chilienne rassemblée autour du court no 16 n’en croyait pas ses yeux. C’était bien le tombeur d’Andy Roddick à Montréal qui chutait à son tour face à un adversaire beaucoup moins coté.

L’histoire de ce revers inattendu n’a pourtant rien à voir avec une mauvaise conjonction des astres. À 6-2, 2-1 pour le Chilien, le Français fit venir le kiné. Celui-ci lui manipula la cuisse gauche et, deux jeux plus tard, le protégé de Thierry Tulasne refaisait son break de retard. Mieux, même. À 5-4, c’est lui qui prenait l’engagement adverse et donc la manche. Mais, au changement de côté précédent, on avait assisté à une scène troublante, PHM étant entouré de trois personnes aux petits soins. « J’avais demandé quelque chose contre le mal au ventre, raconte l’intéressé. Je crois que ce sont tous les anti-inflammatoires qu’on m’a donnés pour guérir ma contracture à la cuisse qui m’ont fait ça. » L’Alsacien s’était fait ce problème musculaire la semaine dernière à New Haven, lors de sa défaite contre Fabrice Santoro. Si les derniers entraînements avaient montré du mieux, le test de la compétition fut impitoyable. « J’ai rapidement compris que je n’y arriverais pas, explique Mathieu. J’avais cette appréhension pour la cuisse et surtout cette douleur insupportable au ventre. Franchement, si ça n’avait pas été un Grand Chelem avec du public autour, j’aurais abandonné. »

Pourtant, Mathieu obtint une balle de troisième set, qu’il loupa de fort peu par un passing dans le couloir. Ce fut son chant du cygne. Et voilà comment s’envole la possibilité de confirmer dans un Grand Chelem un bel été sur le ciment nord-américain. Propulsé sur le devant de la scène par sa victoire canadienne sur Roddick et la demi-finale de Masters Series qui suivit, Paul-Henri Mathieu se voit stoppé au plus mauvais moment. La malchance n’est pas seule responsable. « J’ai commis l’erreur de jouer le tournoi de New Haven, reconnaissait-il. Avec Montréal et Cincinnati, c’était largement suffisant. »

Il n’aura pas tout perdu dans l’affaire. « Au moins, je vais pouvoir assister au mariage de ma sœur, samedi à Strasbourg », précisait-il avec un sourire un peu figé. :)

*julie*
08-31-2005, 01:25 PM
L'Equipe

Paul en rit... :mad:

Thank you for the article Marine. At least, we know a little more what happened. It seems it was not due to mental this time... As you said, there is always an excuse but :rolleyes: ...Paulo is a special case.
I hope we will recover soon.

;)

delsa
08-31-2005, 01:28 PM
I hope we will recover soon. ;)

That's a revealing mistake, a Freudian thing...("lapsus révélateur"...) :lol:
Like Paulo, we need to recover too...
Is sister's getting married on saturday?
Audio interview: http://www.articles.fft.fr/Audio.asp?ID=1149.
And you forgot the title of this article: Mathieu sur une jambe = Mathieu on (only) one leg... :sad:
Why did he had to go injure himself in New haven when he was already prepared well enough for the USO? Why?...

*julie*
08-31-2005, 01:45 PM
That's a revealing mistake, a Freudian thing...("lapsus révélateur"...) :lol:
Like Paulo, we need to recover too...

:o :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG! I didn't pay attention. It is indeed a revealing lapsus...
I started my therapy by changing my avatar actually ;)

silverwhite
08-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Paulo :(

Sweet of him to think of his sister though. :)

Éowyn
09-01-2005, 12:56 AM
L'Equipe

Paul Capdeville, vainqueur de Paul-Henri Mathieu ! Il pouvait sourire, le Chilien, après ce succès obtenu sur un joueur le précédant de 112 places au classement ATP (45e contre 157e). La forte colonie chilienne rassemblée autour du court no 16 n’en croyait pas ses yeux. C’était bien le tombeur d’Andy Roddick à Montréal qui chutait à son tour face à un adversaire beaucoup moins coté.

L’histoire de ce revers inattendu n’a pourtant rien à voir avec une mauvaise conjonction des astres. À 6-2, 2-1 pour le Chilien, le Français fit venir le kiné. Celui-ci lui manipula la cuisse gauche et, deux jeux plus tard, le protégé de Thierry Tulasne refaisait son break de retard. Mieux, même. À 5-4, c’est lui qui prenait l’engagement adverse et donc la manche. Mais, au changement de côté précédent, on avait assisté à une scène troublante, PHM étant entouré de trois personnes aux petits soins. « J’avais demandé quelque chose contre le mal au ventre, raconte l’intéressé. Je crois que ce sont tous les anti-inflammatoires qu’on m’a donnés pour guérir ma contracture à la cuisse qui m’ont fait ça. » L’Alsacien s’était fait ce problème musculaire la semaine dernière à New Haven, lors de sa défaite contre Fabrice Santoro. Si les derniers entraînements avaient montré du mieux, le test de la compétition fut impitoyable. « J’ai rapidement compris que je n’y arriverais pas, explique Mathieu. J’avais cette appréhension pour la cuisse et surtout cette douleur insupportable au ventre. Franchement, si ça n’avait pas été un Grand Chelem avec du public autour, j’aurais abandonné. »

Pourtant, Mathieu obtint une balle de troisième set, qu’il loupa de fort peu par un passing dans le couloir. Ce fut son chant du cygne. Et voilà comment s’envole la possibilité de confirmer dans un Grand Chelem un bel été sur le ciment nord-américain. Propulsé sur le devant de la scène par sa victoire canadienne sur Roddick et la demi-finale de Masters Series qui suivit, Paul-Henri Mathieu se voit stoppé au plus mauvais moment. La malchance n’est pas seule responsable. « J’ai commis l’erreur de jouer le tournoi de New Haven, reconnaissait-il. Avec Montréal et Cincinnati, c’était largement suffisant. »

Il n’aura pas tout perdu dans l’affaire. « Au moins, je vais pouvoir assister au mariage de ma sœur, samedi à Strasbourg », précisait-il avec un sourire un peu figé. :)

anyone care to translate :scratch:

SwissMister1
09-07-2005, 09:52 PM
I saw the first set of his match, he didn't look like he was rubbing or favoring any part of his body, but he did look really flat and fatigued, probably taking New Haven off would have done him some good, although he did arrive very early at the Open.