US main draw analysis. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

US main draw analysis.

vincayou
08-24-2005, 06:49 PM
I'll just do some comments, it's an interesting draw.

Roger's draw is decent, I would even say easy.

Nadal has a really easy draw, but what goes around comes around, his RG draw was very difficult. In his part (the 7 guys around him), there are 3WCs, 2 qualifiers, Andreev and Rudseski (and he won't meet one of them before the 3rd round). He could meet Agassi in 1/4 and Roddick in 1/2. He won't get too much public support I guess.

At the same time, there is a part of the draw with Henman, Djokovic, PHM, Monfils, Verdasco, Lee, Ancic and a qualifier (poor him)!!!
Djokovic-Monfils will be very interesting, the group A - group B thread will get some ammunition. Henman will find it hard to defend his points.

Coria is with Puerta, and we can already call it the claycourt part, with Volandri and Mantilla in it.

Donald Young could meet Gasquet in 2nd round, it can be very interesting, we could call that the WC oger battle.

Hewitt has Safin in 1/4 and both are in Federer's half.

Socket
08-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Any Spanish-speaking player can count on support from the large Spanish-speaking fan contingent that always attends the Open, especially on the outer courts (not that Nadal will be playing on them).

If anybody ever has the chance to watch two South Americans play each other on an outer court at the US Open, especially at night, go. It's like a mini-Davis Cup tie.

fenomeno2111
08-24-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't know why, but as soon as i saw Roddick against Ginepri on second round i foreshadowed Andy losing...i dont want it to happen but i think it will happen....

roddick#1tome
08-24-2005, 07:37 PM
don't know why, but as soon as i saw Roddick against Ginepri on second round i foreshadowed Andy losing...i dont want it to happen but i think it will happen....

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo