DanEd
08-24-2005, 05:46 PM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ms/index.html

moni
08-24-2005, 05:48 PM
haha. you fooled me..thought it's here.

jtipson
08-24-2005, 05:50 PM
DanEd, if you don't have the draw, you might want to edit the title of the thread.

One first round matchup is reported on the BBC tennis forum as being Henman v Verdasco.

moni
08-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Henman v Verdasco

That is all we are told in England

not easy.

Deboogle!.
08-24-2005, 05:54 PM
This is ridiculous that it's almost 2 hours since the draw was supposed to have been made but it's still not available yet.

Ouch draw for Tim.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-24-2005, 05:55 PM
i agree totally debs...terrible :rolleyes:

superpinkone37
08-24-2005, 05:55 PM
I got up early and everything to see the draw and I'm still waiting! :mad:

jtipson
08-24-2005, 05:56 PM
This is ridiculous that it's almost 2 hours since the draw was supposed to have been made but it's still not available yet.

What's worse is that the draw is reportedly made the day before, today all they do is plop the 32 seeds in place! How long can that take?

Deboogle!.
08-24-2005, 05:56 PM
What's worse is that the draw is reportedly made the day before, today all they do is plop the 32 seeds in place! How long can that take?Seriously?! WTF come on USTA :o

ae wowww
08-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Yes, please change the thread title. :rolleyes:

Stevens Point
08-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Federer-Minar

Tennis 18:54
Roger Federer will begin the defence of his U.S. Open crown next week against Ivo Minar of the Czech Republic

Björki
08-24-2005, 06:00 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
:devil:

Chris Seahorse
08-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Lucky Minar. He already got Federer in the 2nd round of Wimbledon and the 1st round of Dubai, where he actually came awfully close to an upset. Still not the kind of thing that a young player looking to move up the rankings needs.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-24-2005, 06:09 PM
This is getting really annoying now...they said bloody 11am and now its gone 1pm :mad:

Deboogle!.
this is from Reuters doesn't say much.....
-----------------
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Roger Federer will begin the defense of his U.S. Open crown next week against Ivo Minar of the Czech Republic, tournament officials said on Wednesday.

The top seed will be bidding for his sixth grand slam title having won his third consecutive Wimbledon crown last month.

Women's world number one and top seed Maria Sharapova of Russia faces a tough first round match against Eleni Daniilidou of Greece.

Twice former champion Andre Agassi of the United States opens his campaign against Romanian Razvan Sabau.

The U.S. Open will run from Monday until September 11.

squirtkb97
Reuters is reporting Federer vs. Minar and Agassi vs. Sabau, but nothing else.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=sportsNews&storyID=2005-08-24T165922Z_01_SPI461071_RTRIDST_0_SPORTS-ATP-OPEN-DRAW-DC.XML

mandy20
08-24-2005, 06:11 PM
just found out in the uk that greg has james blake in first round from the radio

Deboogle!.
08-24-2005, 06:12 PM
just showed up at the tourney site.

Gogo123
08-24-2005, 06:14 PM
Hewitt and Safin same quarter
Federer has a good draw

Aleksa's Laydee
08-24-2005, 06:15 PM
its out...yay

Chris Seahorse
08-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Dammit. Thats the 3rd time in the last 5 slams Fabrice has been draw to face Federer in the 1st 3 rounds. THAT IS SO DISHEARTENING :(

ae wowww
08-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Who wants to type it :D :lol:?

Éowyn
08-24-2005, 06:19 PM
nice way of making yourself vcash dan pretend you have the draw :mad:

ae wowww
08-24-2005, 06:20 PM
:@ Tough draw sheet to read..

Gambill vs Massu :sad:

Blaze
08-24-2005, 06:20 PM
The draw is good for everyone :)

Deboogle!.
08-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Agassi and Roddick in same half !!!

What will TV doTV coverage of the USO is much better in the US than anything else. It shouldn't be a problem, they'll show them both :p It's not like they'll be playing at the same time or anything lmfao and they'll probably like alternate them on the night matches or something.

Andy vs Lux :sad: :sad: :sad:

Blaze
Good first rounds like:

Djokovic vs Monfils

adee-gee
Decent draw for Rafa :)

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 06:22 PM
TV coverage of the USO is much better in the US than anything else. It shouldn't be a problem, they'll show them both :p It's not like they'll be playing at the same time or anything lmfao and they'll probably like alternate them on the night matches or something.

No problem in the UK, we get the choice of 5 courts :banana:

:wavey: Deb

Éowyn
08-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Who wants to type it :D :lol:?

i'll do it if no one else wants to

Éowyn
08-24-2005, 06:26 PM
why do my boys have to play each other all the time :bigcry: robby :bigcry:

Deboogle!.
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
:eek: HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jtipson
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
I've already done it if you want, just need to format it....

Kyla
08-24-2005, 06:29 PM
:woohoo: Nalby got a qualifier :woohoo:

Now I'm pleased :D

Éowyn
08-24-2005, 06:31 PM
I've already done it if you want, just need to format it....
well taht'd save me the trouble :worship:

jtipson
08-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Federer, Roger (1) v Minar, Ivo
Santoro, Fabrice v Melzer, Jurgen
Montanes, Albert v Hanescu, Victor
qualifier v Rochus, Olivier (27)

Ferrero, Juan Carlos (20) v qualifier
Pavel, Andrei v qualifier
Kiefer, Nicolas v Vanek, Jiri
Lapentti, Nicolas v Stepanek, Radek (16)

Nalbandian, David (11) v qualifier
Wessels, Peter v Rochus, Christophe
Tursunov, Dmitry v Baghdatis, Marcos
qualifier v Gonzalez, Fernando (21)

Moya, Carlos (31) v Llodra, Michael
Sanguinetti, Davide v Arthurs, Wayne
Srichaphan, Paradorn v El Aynaoui, Younes
Zib, Tomas v Davydenko, Nikolay (6)

Hewitt, Lleyton (3) v Costa, Albert
Acasuso, Jose v Horna, Luis
Carlsen, Kenneth v Almagro, Nicolas
Burgsmuller, Lars v Dent, Taylor (25)

Ferrer, David (17) v Calleri, Agustin
Philippoussis, Mark (wc) v Kucera, Karol
qualifier v Kim, Kevin
Seppi, Andreas v Hrbaty, Dominik (15)

Henman, Tim (12) v Verdasco, Fernando
Mathieu, Paul-Henri v qualifier
Monfils, Gael v Djokovic, Novak
Lee, Hyung-Taik v Ancic, Mario (22)

Mirnyi, Max (30) v Gimelstob, Justin
Serra, Florent v Koubek, Stefan
Nieminen, Jarkko v Beck, Karol
Popp, Alexander v Safin, Marat (5)

Coria, Guillermo (8) v Mantilla, Felix
qualifier v Spadea, Vincent
Soderling, Robin v Chela, Juan Ignacio
Volandri, Filippo v Lopez, Feliciano (26)

Novak, Jiri (23) v Norman, Dick
Gambill, Jan-Michael (wc) v Massu, Nicolas
Wawrinka, Stanislas v Ram, Rajeev (wc)
qualifier v Puerta, Mariano (10)

Gasquet, Richard (13) v Martin, Alberto
qualifier v Young, Donald (wc)
Saulnier, Cyril v Tipsarevic, Janko
qualifier v Ljubicic, Ivan (18)

Haas, Tommy (29) v qualifier
Starace, Potito v Schuettler, Rainer
Ginepri, Robby v Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo
Muller, Giles v Roddick, Andy (4)

Agassi, Andre (7) v Sabau, Razvan
Fish, Mardy v Karlovic, Ivo
Monaco, Juan v Mello, Ricardo
Kohlschreiber, Philipp v Berdych, Tomas (32)

Youzhny, Mikhail (24) v Mayer, Florian
Behrend, Tomas v qualifier
Hernych, Jan v Malisse, Xavier
Baker, Brian (wc) v Gaudio, Gaston (9)

Johansson, Thomas (14) v Zabaleta, Mariano
Hernandez, Oscar v Grosjean, Sebastien
Goldstein, Paul v Kuerten, Gustavo
qualifier v Robredo, Tommy (19)

Rusedski, Greg (28) v Blake, James (wc)
qualifier v Andreev, Igor
qualifier v Jenkins, Scoville (wc)
Reynolds, Bobby (wc) v Nadal, Rafael (2)

Éowyn
08-24-2005, 06:36 PM
thast the weirdest formatting i've seen in my life :eek:

Éowyn
08-24-2005, 06:38 PM
ahh thats a bit better you changed it lol

jtipson
08-24-2005, 06:38 PM
thast teh weirdest formatting i've seen in my life :eek:

Is it? Sorry, I have a formula that does it. Thought it would make it easier to read than a straight list of names (which was what it was in the first place!)

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Gee, British interest will be over by Round 1 :(

Éowyn
08-24-2005, 06:40 PM
dude i can't type sooo many typos i think i'm still dying of shock form robby and andy meeting so early :bigcry:

Éowyn
08-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Gee, British interest will be over by Round 1 :(

yayyyyyy!!!!! sky will have no choice but to shut up about them then :p

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 06:57 PM
yayyyyyy!!!!! sky will have no choice but to shut up about them then :p

:lol: I'm sure they'll still manage to fit in a vast amount of Henman references.

Hopefully Murray can qualify, but I was just having a look at the Qualifier places. I don't think there's anywhere that he could be placed where I'd be confident in him going past 1 or 2 rounds :(

makro120
08-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Interesting 1st and possible 2nd round/3rd round matches:

Gael Monfils vs Novak Djokovic
James Blake vs Greg Rusedski

2nd round:
Andy Roddick vs Ginepri
Mario Ancic vs Gael Monfils/Novak Djokovic
Paul-Henri Mathieu vs Tim Henman
Andre Agassi vs Ivo Karlovic (Agassi hates hard servers)
Sebastien Grosjean vs Tomas Johansson

3rd round:
Gasquet vs Ivan Ljubicic
Marat Safin vs Max Mirnyi
Henman/Mathieu vs Ancic/monfils/Djokovic
Fernando Gonzalez vs Nalbandian
Tomas Berdych vs Agassi
James Blake vs Rafael NAdal

Nimrodg
08-24-2005, 07:03 PM
:lol: I'm sure they'll still manage to fit in a vast amount of Henman references.

Hopefully Murray can qualify, but I was just having a look at the Qualifier places. I don't think there's anywhere that he could be placed where I'd be confident in him going past 1 or 2 rounds :(

Adee:wavey: although i like andy he'll hopefully lose today ;)

Aleksa's Laydee
08-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Lets go:

Jiri Novak
Fernando Gonzalez
Wayne Arthurs
Taylor Dent
Paul-Henri Mathieu
Max Mirnyi
Jarkko Nieminen
Alexander Popp
Richard Gasquet
Jan Michael Gambill
Mardy Fish :hug:
Thomas Johansson :hearts:
Greg Rusedski
Igor Andreev

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Adee:wavey: although i like andy he'll hopefully lose today ;)

:wavey: Nimmy. I think whoever wins between Andy and Dudi will qualify

croat123
08-24-2005, 07:35 PM
good draws for ivan and mario :)
good first round for ivo :)

star
08-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Nadal has to beat Andre to get to the semis?

Pobricito.

Fee
08-24-2005, 08:39 PM
What's worse is that the draw is reportedly made the day before, today all they do is plop the 32 seeds in place! How long can that take?

This is horseshit and it's not allowed by the ITF. You really shouldn't spread BS like that around unless you have a reliable source for it.

jtipson
08-24-2005, 10:48 PM
This is horseshit and it's not allowed by the ITF. You really shouldn't spread BS like that around unless you have a reliable source for it.

OK, I'll check up on the thread that Socket referred me to earlier.

Right, here's the thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=731784&postcount=16

Let me place the text here for reference. Socket wrote to TennisWeek to ask them about the draw last year, and got the following reply from Richard Pagliaro.

The way the US Open draw is conducted is the USTA officials, with WTA and ATP officials present to ensure the integrity of the draw, draw the UNSEEDED players the night before. In this case, they drew those unseeded players and set them in the draw Tuesday night. Scoville Jenkins was drawn on line 127 of the men's draw Tuesday night. So it was a given Andy Roddick would play him since Roddick, as the second seed, is automatically slotted on line #128 at the bottom of the draw just as Roger Federer, as the top seed, is automatically slotted on line #1 of the draw.

Then yesterday morning at the UN the USTA drew the seeded players and slotted them in the draw.

Several people have emailed me today believing the draw is "fixed" because Venus and Serena are on opposite ends. It's definitely not fixed. I was there. They put chips (that look like poker chips) with the seeds numbers on them and put them in the trophy and then went around the room and drew the seeds. In fact, Tennis Week editor Andre Christopher was one of the people who pulled seeds out of the trophy.

So I doubt this is bullshit ;)

Note that I wasn't commenting on whether the draw was fixed, merely that with this method of drawing they should be able to get the draw up on their website a heck of a lot quicker than they usually do because they only need to add 32 names into it today.

KoOlMaNsEaN
08-24-2005, 10:52 PM
Go ROGER! that is all

keqtqiadv
08-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Thomas Johansson!!! Zabaleta is a good first round opponent. Gros jean is a hard one. But I would love to see ToJo against Guga in third (Robredo in his way again, but I have doubts of his first round with Goldstein)
Mello has Monaco in first round. A good win can give him some courage to face big Berdych in 2nd round.
Sricahaphan, El Aynaoui, Dent, Mirnyi and Nadal also have my "good luck"

Fee
08-25-2005, 12:35 AM
OK, I'll check up on the thread that Socket referred me to earlier.

Right, here's the thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=731784&postcount=16

Thanks for posting this information. I remember reading about this last year, but I had completely forgotten about it. I also vaguely remember that the USTA got some amount of flack for it and wasn't going to do it anymore, so let me check around and see if I can find anything.

My apologies for the harsh language. You have a record of integrity in this forum and I should have remembered that you are not the type who blows smoke and writes clueless posts. :D

Scotso
08-25-2005, 12:55 AM
Of course Roddick is in Nadal's part of the draw.

Super-Fabio
08-25-2005, 12:58 AM
Go Volandri-Starace-Seppi-Sanguinetti!!!!!!!
Forza Ragazzi!!!!!!

Scotso
08-25-2005, 01:01 AM
now finally my US Open good luck list :D

good luck:

Jurgen Melzer
Albert Montañes
Victor Hanescu
Olivier Rochus
Juan Carlos Ferrero :D
Nicolas Kiefer
Nicolas Lapentti :D
Christophe Rochus
Dmitry Tursunov
Lleyton Hewitt
Nicolas Almagro
Lars Burgsmuller
David Ferrer :D
Dominik Hrbaty :D
Fernando Verdasco :D
Paul-Henri Mathieu :D
:worship: Novak Djokovic :worship:
Mario Ancic
Jarkko Nieminen
:worship: Karol Beck :worship:
Vincent Spadea
Robin Soderling
Filippo Volandri
Feliciano Lopez
Jan-Michael Gambill
Stanislas Wawrinka
Richard Gasquet
Janko Tipsarevic
Rainer Schuettler
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez
Gilles Muller
Juan Monaco
Philipp Kohlschreiber :D
Tomas Berdych :D
Mikhail Youzhny :D
Florian Mayer
Brian Baker
Gaston Gaudio
Thomas Johansson
Paul Goldstein :D
Tommy Robredo :D
Igor Andreev :D
Bobby Reynolds
:worship: Rafael Nadal :worship:

Socket
08-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Just to put my correspondence with Tennis Week in context, the day before the draw was to be made, a tennis site (tennis-x.com, I think) reported that Roddick was going to play Scoville Jenkins in the first round. I e-mailed Richard Pagliaro at TW to ask him how anybody could possibly know this before the draw. I then posted his answer explaining how the draw is done, which explains how that site knew what it knew.

Fergie
08-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Horrible draw :p

jtipson
08-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks for posting this information. I remember reading about this last year, but I had completely forgotten about it. I also vaguely remember that the USTA got some amount of flack for it and wasn't going to do it anymore, so let me check around and see if I can find anything.

My apologies for the harsh language. You have a record of integrity in this forum and I should have remembered that you are not the type who blows smoke and writes clueless posts. :D

No problems, Fee :) Have to say your post did make me think twice though, and I was glad to see Richard Vach's name at the bottom of Socket's letter!

Do let us know if you find out anything more about the draw method. I seem to remember the AO has gone to an instant computerised method now, and that's even more scary than this one.

Socket
08-25-2005, 02:21 PM
No problems, Fee :) Have to say your post did make me think twice though, and I was glad to see Richard Vach's name at the bottom of Socket's letter!

Do let us know if you find out anything more about the draw method. I seem to remember the AO has gone to an instant computerised method now, and that's even more scary than this one.
The person who wrote me the e-mail is Richard Pagliaro, who is an editor at Tennis Week. Richard Vach is a stupid, sarcastic frat boy who hangs out at the tennis-x.com site doing nothing productive with his days.

AgassiDomination
08-25-2005, 06:18 PM
EXCELLENT DRAW FOR ANDRE!!!!!!! YAY!!!! GO YOU 35 YR. OLD WONDER!!!

Fee
08-25-2005, 06:53 PM
The person who wrote me the e-mail is Richard Pagliaro, who is an editor at Tennis Week. Richard Vach is a stupid, sarcastic frat boy who hangs out at the tennis-x.com site doing nothing productive with his days.

So, he doesn't like Lleyton?

:lol:

Socket
08-25-2005, 07:08 PM
So, he doesn't like Lleyton?

:lol:
:ras: :ras: :ras:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

jtipson
08-26-2005, 10:59 AM

Oops, mental typo there! I did mean RP (an excellent writer), I'm not sure why I put "Vach" instead of "Pagliaro".

Experimentee
08-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Good luck:

Federer, Roger
Rochus, Olivier
Ferrero, Juan Carlos
Lapentti, Nicolas
Rochus, Christophe
Baghdatis, Marcos
Srichaphan, Paradorn
El Aynaoui, Younes
Kucera, Karol
Hrbaty, Dominik
Verdasco, Fernando
Monfils, Gael
Djokovic, Novak
Lee, Hyung-Taik
Ancic, Mario
Mirnyi, Max
Safin, Marat
Gasquet, Richard
Young, Donald (wc)
Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo
Agassi, Andre
Malisse, Xavier
Gaudio, Gaston
Kuerten, Gustavo
Blake, James

bjorn4tennis92
08-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Go Gaudio, Ancic, Feliciano, Nalbandian, and Haas!!!! For the WTA, Good Luck Justine,Sprem,Srebotnik,Ivanovic,Dementieva,Kuznet sova,and Karatantcheva!

Socket
08-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Here's how Scud got his WC.

Swap secured Scud wildcard
By Paul Malone
August 27, 2005

A US OPEN source said last night Mark Philippoussis was given his Flushing Meadows wildcard last week after Tennis Australia guaranteed an American man would be granted a 2006 Australian Open wildcard.

As Australia had only two men, Lleyton Hewitt and Wayne Arthurs, as direct entries for the US Open, TA decided it should seek a career lifeline for Philippoussis, who is No. 208 in the world.

US Open spokesman Chris Widmeyer said the US Tennis Association did not explain wildcard allocations.

Wildcards have to be requested by players and it is not known whether the idea to swap grand slam wildcards came from TA, the USTA or the Philippoussis camp.

"One of the things we look for in the wildcards is someone who can add prestige to the tournament and there is no question Mark fits that category," Widmeyer said.

"He is a popular player here and New Yorkers enjoy his style of muscular play."

Grand slam wildcards are mostly reserved by host nations to blood junior players or reward other worthy recipients.

It is understood the swap is a one-off arrangement.

Philippoussis, who has not won an ATP match since Wimbledon, will have to hit a lot of balls to beat tough Slovakian Karol Kucera in his first-round match.

Philippoussis was not sighted at Flushing Meadows yesterday, but practised there on Wednesday.

Fellow Victorian Peter Luczak, trying to make the main draw the hard way, was a tenacious winner yesterday in the second round of qualifying, defeating Chilean Adrian Garcia 7-5 4-6 6-2. Luczak, 25, today faces Brazilian Thiago Alves, ranked No.175, for a place in the main draw.

Luczak, ranked No.188, said a stint as a hitting partner for Hewitt in Cincinnati last week and the experience of his Davis Cup debut against Argentina last month, had helped him remain resolute against the baseline game of Garcia.

"I watched Lleyton beat Greg Rusedski in Cincinnati when he didn't play well in the first set and just hung in to find a way to win. That's what I tried to do today," Luczak said.

"The last couple of weeks I've been working hard on my fitness. I'm not the fastest guy around, so I have to work hard to run well.

"He (Garcia) was cramping and a bit tired in the third and I knew if I just hung in there I should be able to get him."

The Courier-Mail

Fee
08-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Cool, good to know JanMike is assured a spot in next year's Aus Open....

:haha: :haha: