wishing the dude good luck... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

wishing the dude good luck...

federer express
08-24-2005, 03:49 PM
dudi sela that is. best of luck to you in your first round qualifier at the us open. c'mon!! :devil: (oh this is a pro-sela thread by the way...for the anal retentives out there)

skel1983
08-24-2005, 03:55 PM
dudi sela that is. best of luck to you in your first round qualifier at the us open. c'mon!! :devil: (oh this is a pro-sela thread by the way...for the anal retentives out there)

You want Sela to beat Murray???

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
where's the national pride :(

c'mon scotsman :dance:

federer express
08-24-2005, 05:19 PM
where's the national pride :(

c'mon scotsman :dance:

didn't you know 'patriotism is a virtue of the vicious'

good rep points for anyone who knows who said that :p

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 05:28 PM
didn't you know 'patriotism is a virtue of the vicious'

good rep points for anyone who knows who said that :p

federer express :p

federer express
08-24-2005, 05:29 PM
federer express :p

originally who said it...no rep points 4 u ;)

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 05:31 PM
originally who said it...no rep points 4 u ;)

:lol:

Absolutely no idea.....Voltaire?

Satanic Pasteur
08-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Oscar Wilde.

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Oscar Wilde. :p

federer express
08-24-2005, 05:35 PM

Absolutely no idea.....Voltaire?

nope, same guy that said...

'i think that god in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability'

(if you are that patriotic you might know)

federer express
08-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Oscar Wilde.

bravo

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Do I get a bravo, he stole my answer :(

federer express
08-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Oscar Wilde. :p

mmm....post above you means no compliment 4 u :dance:

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 05:37 PM
favouritism :crying2:

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 05:41 PM
And it was of course Samuel Johnson who described patriotism as the last refuge of the scoundrel... adeegee, you probably don't want to know what he said about the Scots. :tape:

federer express
08-24-2005, 05:44 PM
lol....

'to disagree with three quarters of the british public is one of the first requisites of sanity'

that can be easily modified to apply to this forum....

federer express
08-24-2005, 05:44 PM
And it was of course Samuel Johnson who described patriotism as the last refuge of the scoundrel... adeegee, you probably don't want to know what he said about the Scots. :tape:

what did he say? :confused:

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Was it from the movie the 51st state? I seem to remember a quote about Scotland, I can't remember what it was though. Tell me!

federer express
08-24-2005, 06:04 PM
Was it from the movie the 51st state? I seem to remember a quote about Scotland, I can't remember what it was though. Tell me!

samuel johnson not samuel jackson

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 06:07 PM
samuel johnson not samuel jackson

:haha: my bad. I'm interested now, spit it out Sjengy

federer express
08-24-2005, 06:15 PM
:haha: my bad. I'm interested now, spit it out Sjengy

the noblest prospect which a scotsman ever sees is the high road that leads him to england

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Not to mention that oats, which in England feed the horses, are used in Scotland to sustain the people.

federer express
08-24-2005, 09:47 PM
back to topic...dudi will be up soon!

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 10:18 PM
the noblest prospect which a scotsman ever sees is the high road that leads him to england

I've followed that path. I still hate the English though :D

Raquel
08-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Not to mention that oats, which in England feed the horses, are used in Scotland to sustain the people.
Sustain? Shows how much he knew - those oats were lovely!

Go Andy :banana:

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 10:21 PM
C'mon Andy :banana:

federer express
08-24-2005, 10:57 PM
the dude has broken back and leads 4-3

adee-gee
08-24-2005, 11:14 PM
but loses the set 6-4 :banana:

Raquel
08-24-2005, 11:22 PM
3-1 Andy in the second :D
Don't let him back in Andy

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Sustain? Shows how much he knew - those oats were lovely!

Go Andy :banana:

True, but then he's also the same man who said, when a female Methodist preacher arrived in his home town: "Sir, a woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all." It's safe to say he was a product of his age. ;)

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:25 PM
I see you've nailed your national colours firmly to the mast, Raquel. Don't worry, I'm not criticising you or anything!

federer express
08-24-2005, 11:25 PM
True, but then he's also the same man who said, when a female Methodist preacher arrived in his home town: "Sir, a woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all." It's safe to say he was a product of his age. ;)

he would have been amusing company

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:27 PM
I got the exact quote from a website I just visited that's full of 'em, but I knew of it from my course in 18th century history last year. We need dictionary compilers like that nowadays, heaven knows what they'd make of the newest slang and youth lingo.

Raquel
08-24-2005, 11:29 PM
I see you've nailed your national colours firmly to the mast, Raquel. Don't worry, I'm not criticising you or anything!
I waited until he was a set and 4-1 up before the Scottish flag made an appearance ;)

I live in London now though so I use the British flag to kind of represent both but since there's a half decent Scot out there at last I'll use this one for a while :)

federer express
08-24-2005, 11:32 PM
I waited until he was a set and 4-1 up before the Scottish flag made an appearance ;)

u keeping it now it's 4-3?

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:34 PM
No harm in being cautious, and I suppose Alan Mackin, gritty competitor though he assuredly is, wouldn't be the sort of man to generate flag-changing feelings in any poster.

adeegee also resides south of the border - but hey, if he's going to laugh at England's defeat against Denmark, in a pub surrounded by Englishmen, then he's fair game for a bit of stick directed at Murray. Mind you, I think federer express is just hoping he'll lose to find something else to criticise.

Raquel
08-24-2005, 11:34 PM
u keeping it now it's 4-3?
May as well ;)

He better not throw this away now.

federer express
08-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Mind you, I think federer express is just hoping he'll lose to find something else to criticise.

Maybe i'm just a big sela fan

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Yes, you were as impressed as I was by that performance against Federer at RG.

Cheap shots aside, he has a decent single-hander.

federer express
08-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Yes, you were as impressed as I was by that performance against Federer at RG.

Cheap shots aside, he has a decent single-hander.

and has also beaten the 'awesome' chadaj.

anyway i'd settle for losing a set to federer by 6-4 :p

Raquel
08-24-2005, 11:41 PM
No harm in being cautious, and I suppose Alan Mackin, gritty competitor though he assuredly is, wouldn't be the sort of man to generate flag-changing feelings in any poster.

adeegee also resides south of the border - but hey, if he's going to laugh at England's defeat against Denmark, in a pub surrounded by Englishmen, then he's fair game for a bit of stick directed at Murray. Mind you, I think federer express is just hoping he'll lose to find something else to criticise.
I actually started a thread about Alan in the British forum a few weeks ago after he qualified for a couple of tour main draws. He definitely is gritty. Mark Petchey, when he was at the LTA, said he wished some of the more naturally gifted players had Alan's work ethic. He plays Challengers absolutely everywhere, but pulled out of qualifying here for some reason.

I don't laugh at the English football team. The Scottish team is too laughable to have any right to laugh at anyone elses right now!

Andy won 6-4, 6-4 :yeah: Good win as that was a tricky draw.

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Awesome Chadaj, who lost 3 and 0 to Parmar? Much as I admire Rebecca's devotion to him, Roddick clearly wins out in matches against Arvind.

The Scotsman has survived another step along the road to US Open glory.

Aleksa's Laydee
08-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Andy won 6-4, 6-4 :yeah: Good win as that was a tricky draw.

:woohoo:

federer express
08-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Awesome Chadaj, who lost 3 and 0 to Parmar? Much as I admire Rebecca's devotion to him, Roddick clearly wins out in matches against Arvind.

how does anyone lose 3 and 0 to parmar. that is a near impossibility on a tennis court, provided you have a racket in your hand. i thought parmar struggled to win points, nevermind games on anything but grass.

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Ahem - Moya, Cincinnati 1st round last year? That was Parmar's for the taking, if he hadn't made the mistake of assuming Moya was going to continue playing like crap and therefore become far too passive himself when he had the lead.

federer express
08-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Ahem - Moya, Cincinnati 1st round last year? That was Parmar's for the taking, if he hadn't made the mistake of assuming Moya was going to continue playing like crap and therefore become far too passive himself when he had the lead.

like you said moya was playing like crap. which he does all too often for someone of his stature in the game

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=Raquel]I don't laugh at the English football team. The Scottish team is too laughable to have any right to laugh at anyone elses right now!/QUOTE]

But adeegee has no such problems doing that. ;)

It can only get better for the Scottish team, I'm sure. I have a hunch there are more humorous depths we can sink to, humorous to me because I don't really follow football and find all the media hyperbole surrounding England's performances faintly nauseating.

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:50 PM
like you said moya was playing like crap. which he does all too often for someone of his stature in the game

Yes, but Parmar did a remarkable thing for a set and a half - get into long baseline rallies on his serve, all of which he would lose to go down 0-40, and then suddenly find his first serve and save all of them. Moya was something like 0/9 or 0/10 after one set, and was getting highly frustrated. Then Parmar performed a variation on a choke, that is, not making a ton of ridiculous errors but doing nothing at all with the ball and allowing Moya time to hit winners.

federer express
08-24-2005, 11:50 PM
[
It can only get better for the Scottish team, I'm sure. I have a hunch there are more humorous depths we can sink to, humorous to me because I don't really follow football and find all the media hyperbole surrounding England's performances faintly nauseating.

is it my imagination or is hyperbole your favourite word?

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:54 PM
One of several. "Esoteric" is another good one.

federer express
08-24-2005, 11:56 PM
One of several. "Esoteric" is another good one.

i like another 'ic'....solipsistic

Sjengster
08-24-2005, 11:57 PM
equanimity has always been enjoyable.

federer express
08-24-2005, 11:57 PM
equanimity has always been enjoyable.

decribes you? or more accurately, something you display?

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm afraid not. I can be taciturn, verging on melancholy at times.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm afraid not. I can be taciturn, verging on melancholy at times.

i think your parents mistook a dictionary for baby food when you were born ;)

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't say I'm lachrymose, though.

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:03 AM
i think your parents mistook a dictionary for baby food when you were born ;)

The transitive verbs were always the hardest part to swallow, I found.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't say I'm lachrymose, though.

most men aren't unless clinically depressed

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:05 AM
most men aren't unless clinically depressed

Indeed not, but some people have mistaken my reserved peregrinations for depression in the past. Apparently if you're not the life and soul of the party, you must be in the depths of despair instead.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Indeed not, but some people have mistaken my reserved peregrinations for depression in the past. Apparently if you're not the life and soul of the party, you must be in the depths of despair instead.

yeah i get that....

back to tennis, did i ever mention i am a huge lorenzi fan! it's because his name is so close to my favourite psychologist and no, not because he is playing murray next :p

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Did you ever see that great film Lorenzi's Oil? A real tear-jerker, that one.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:10 AM
rather than paolo lorenzi's oil, i watched lorenzo's oil. quite uplifting at the same time though i thought

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Lorenzi's Oil is just as mesmerising, all about how a little Italian pro is cured of the withering disease known as Murraymania.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Lorenzi's Oil is just as mesmerising, all about how a little Italian pro is cured of the withering disease known as Murraymania.

lol. how is he cured. does evanzo surgically remove the offending cyst from lorenzi and devour it himself? (joke...calm down people!)

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:17 AM
You and Experimentee are the despairing parents who have to fight the disease - you are in essence MTF's version of Nick Nolte and Susan Sarandon. Raquel and adeegee represent established medical science, telling you repeatedly that nothing can be done and that the onset of Murraymania must simply be accepted as a terminal condition.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:18 AM
You and Experimentee are the despairing parents who have to fight the disease - you are in essence MTF's version of... who plays the lead roles in that again? Was it Jeff Bridges, or Nick Nolte?

nick nolte

mitalidas
08-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Did you ever see that great film Lorenzi's Oil? A real tear-jerker, that one. Lorenzo's

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Lorenzo's

This one is better, trust me.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:21 AM
This one is better, trust me.

in your one is there a happier ending? is the virus known as murraymania cured or does it replicate at an exponential rate and destroy all intelligent life-forms it comes into contact with? (again, joke...put the tissues away evanzo and stop being so lachrymose)

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:23 AM
It goes into remission, but the sufferer is always likely to be most vulnerable to a repeated attack during four weeks in mid-June/early July.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:24 AM
It goes into remission, but the sufferer is always likely to be most vulnerable to a repeated attack during four weeks in mid-June/early July.

lol. its like shingles. it remains latent and attacks when the individual is at his/her most susceptible...

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:26 AM
Think yourself lucky - other, more virulent diseases like the Rafalution thrive virtually all year round, peaking in the spring when the number of potential victims is at its highest.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:29 AM
Think yourself lucky - other, more virulent diseases like the Rafalution thrive virtually all year round, peaking in the spring when the number of potential victims is at its highest.

true. but aren't close contacts and relatives of sufferers with rafalution less likely to suffer with symptoms such as migraines and nausea?!

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Fewer migraines and less nausea, indeed, but they tend to develop worryingly bad fashion sense and start growing their hair out too much. To the untrained eye, these symptons can seem like the first signs of a mid-life crisis when in fact they're indicative of something far deadlier.

Fee
08-25-2005, 12:33 AM
you two are seriously cracking me up...

f e, weren't we going to change yuur screenname to something more original and unique at one point?

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:35 AM
How about Murray's in a Hurry? I know he'd love that one.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:35 AM
you two are seriously cracking me up...

f e, weren't we going to change yuur screenname to something more original and unique at one point?

hey fee :p , how go things? yeah we were, but i am at least now known by this name. so people know who to hate and blame for the crap posts on here ;)

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:36 AM
How about Murray's in a Hurry? I know he'd love that one.

lol....not bad

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:38 AM
You should keep the username, because your capitalised namesake is one of Murray's biggest fans - we can create the internet equivalent of a high-school comedy where twins keep switching places to confuse people.

federer express
08-25-2005, 12:40 AM
You should keep the username, because your capitalised namesake is one of Murray's biggest fans - we can create the internet equivalent of a high-school comedy where twins keep switching places to confuse people.

i have found that pretty amusing myself. first he picks the same screen name for all intents and purposes and then sticks a murray avatar up there. i think he/she is taking the proverbial :(

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:43 AM
Maybe, but there's a poster on here called Fedex who predates you two by some way - it's just a rather obvious username based on Federer's universally acknowledged nickname. If you don't mind me saying so.

Me, on the other hand; well, believe it or not, Wertheim once referred to "the Sjengster" in a column of his back in 2002 post-US Open, and I liked the look of it.

Fee
08-25-2005, 12:44 AM
oh yeah, that guy gave me a good rep that said if I wasn't a Murray fan then :-( to me. Didn't like my use of the word 'bandwagon.'

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 12:49 AM
This gives me a good idea for another contribution to the tennis songs thread. "Murray Murray Murray, Murray Murray, it's a Scotsman's world", perhaps?

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Here's an interesting blast from the past - Wertheim, 5 Aug 2002:

Groundskeeper Willie can't play tennis because he is a Scotsman and it is well known to all Britishers that Scotsmen do not play the game of tennis. My ex-girlfriend is Scottish and she assures me that this is in fact true, mainly because Scotsmen consider tennis an English sport, like cricket, and therefore fit only for effete, Hugh Grant types. Can you name even one Scottish main-draw player? —Ernst Schwidder, New York

I'm telling you, keep an eye on Elena Baltacha. She was born in Kiev, Ukraine, but has an accent right out of Trainspotting. Good strokes; booming, 120-mph serve; and, yes, a lust for life.

adee-gee
08-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm good at tennis. I break the trend.

As for me laughing at England's football team. No-one could possibly imagine how hard it is for a Scot to move down to London and have to endure the stick I got about Scotland. It was soon after Euro 96 (when Scotland lost to England) and England reached the Semi's. The fact that Scotland have been in rapid decline since makes it hard to get annoyed with it anymore, as I can't put up much of an argument against us being awful. Therefore, the one thing which gives me great pleasure is to see England getting stuffed, it shuts up a few of your arrogant "fans" for a while at least. Oh, and by the way, when I arrived for my first day of school in Londonabout 8 years ago (when I was 13), I was asked how I spoke such good English :rolleyes:

The thing which annoys me most is when people think Britain = England. Now I've got no problem with our sportsmen/women representing Britain, but it really pisses me off when Henman is referred to as English and Murray as British. Or in F1, Button is English but Coulthard is British. No wonder the Yanks and other nationalities don't really hear much about us proud Scots.

As for Baltacha's accent being straight out of Trainspotting. One of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard, she's barely got an accent.

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure Wertheim's too keyed up on the variations in the Scottish accent... wasn't Trainspotting supposed to be indiscernible to an American audience because of the accents?

Being serious for a moment, I really don't care about football, so I just laugh at the rivalries between national sides. It'll all be the same next year in Germany, neither one is getting their hands on any major silverware any time soon.

adee-gee
08-25-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure Wertheim's too keyed up on the variations in the Scottish accent... wasn't Trainspotting supposed to be indiscernible to an American audience because of the accents?

Being serious for a moment, I really don't care about football, so I just laugh at the rivalries between national sides. It'll all be the same next year in Germany, neither one is getting their hands on any major silverware any time soon.

:lol: probably. Trainspotting is great though.

Scotland aren't going to be in Germany, which leaves me with no-one to support. Therefore my excitement will probably have to come out of supporting the team England is playing :p

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Ask George for more tips on that, he was behind every team playing England during Euro 2004.

Action Jackson
08-25-2005, 05:18 PM
how does anyone lose 3 and 0 to parmar. that is a near impossibility on a tennis court, provided you have a racket in your hand. i thought parmar struggled to win points, nevermind games on anything but grass.

He must have food poisoning from the local restaurants.

Parmar is great I mean blowing 10mps leading a set and 5-1 in the second against the legend Kevin Kim losing confirms greatness.

adee-gee
08-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Kevin Kim is going to be World No.1 soon.

Action Jackson
08-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Ask George for more tips on that, he was behind every team playing England during Euro 2004.

You know it too well, just had to learn the way from Go Dom and his Kiefer love.

The problem with Lorenzi is that he looks like baby Massu.

Raquel
08-25-2005, 07:57 PM
You and Experimentee are the despairing parents who have to fight the disease - you are in essence MTF's version of Nick Nolte and Susan Sarandon. Raquel and adeegee represent established medical science, telling you repeatedly that nothing can be done and that the onset of Murraymania must simply be accepted as a terminal condition.

Medical science always knows best ;)

I think tennis will always be down the list for most young guys in the UK especially with football being such a big thing here. I think though it's still about money more than anything. With football you can pick up a ball and go play in a field or in the street for nothing, but to get a decent tennis racket costs a lot for a start then you're paying way over the odds for indoor tennis especially. And I do think Scotland has not very seen much LTA funding. Alan Mackin's dad is quite well off with a string of businesses which has helped to fund him. Andy Murray was fortunate that his mother was a coach and he was able to go to Sanchez/Casal and train with quality players. I'm sure the calibre of coaches and players are actually a lot better at a private academy like Sanchez/Casal then they are at the LTA, the national tennis body.

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 09:30 PM
The disease has already taken hold of poor young Lorenzi, and leads 3-1.

Action Jackson
08-25-2005, 09:32 PM
The disease has already taken hold of poor young Lorenzi, and leads 3-1.

I saw Lorenzi at the AO and somehow he won't stop Murray Madness.

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh really? Little Lorenzi's nervous system has been attacked by the Murray bacillus, but his oil is starting a counterattack - he leads 1-0 in the second with a break.

adee-gee
08-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Finish this muppet off Andy

Action Jackson
08-25-2005, 10:02 PM
The worst thing was that someone tried to compare Murray to Mecir. If anyone said that around me they'd be eating food through a straw.

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Ha ha, you should have been watching the BBC's coverage of Wimbledon and their parody of the MGM logo by putting a roaring Murray in place of the lion, "Murray's Golden Moments" written behind him. That's the only time he'll ever resemble a Big Cat, I reckon.

Action Jackson
08-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Ha ha, you should have been watching the BBC's coverage of Wimbledon and their parody of the MGM logo by putting a roaring Murray in place of the lion, "Murray's Golden Moments" written behind him. That's the only time he'll ever resemble a Big Cat, I reckon.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

He will probably have the same number of Slam titles, but will never match his achievements.

Sjengster
08-25-2005, 10:46 PM
I almost thought that was a big compliment, until I remembered some prominent facts about Mecir.

Action Jackson
08-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Murray will make the main draw for sure and as for Mecir he was an artist and for all of Murray's attributes I don't think he'd match the cat for artistry.

That's the thing to be a tennis player in Scotland, you either need to be a rich boy or have access to the facilities somehow and Murray if he didn't go to Barcelona, wouldn't have improved like he has.

Raquel
08-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Well done Andy :)

I only saw Mecir once sadly and that was only because they showed an old Davis Cup match on German TV when Sky used to have German channels. He may not be like Mecir but I've said before, he kind of reminds me of Hingis a little bit. He doesn't overpower people but he has good anticipation, a good margin for error and can put enough work on the ball to control points and Hingis was excellent at that.

Action Jackson
08-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Well done Andy :)

I only saw Mecir once sadly and that was only because they showed an old Davis Cup match on German TV when Sky used to have German channels. He may not be like Mecir but I've said before, he kind of reminds me of Hingis a little bit. He doesn't overpower people but he has good anticipation, a good margin for error and can put enough work on the ball to control points and Hingis was excellent at that.

He has his obvious strengths this much is true, but as I said I wait to the day someone tells me to my face that he is like Mecir and it will be fun. As I said if he wasn't in Barcelona then he'd be at 900 by now and regressing.

Raquel
08-25-2005, 11:36 PM
He has his obvious strengths this much is true, but as I said I wait to the day someone tells me to my face that he is like Mecir and it will be fun. As I said if he wasn't in Barcelona then he'd be at 900 by now and regressing.
Definitely. If he had gone through whatever LTA system that was in place he would be struggling big time. Another one off the LTA production line that would have gone nowhere. Going to Barcelona and training with the calibre of coaching staff there is what has got him to where he is now. People like Sergio Casal, Emilio Sanchez, Arantxa, Angel Jimenez, Juan Aguilera, Lorenzo Fargas available for coaching and guidance & players like Nadal, Moya, Costa who would sometimes train there and hit with him - he wouldn't get anywhere near that level of experience in the one place at the LTA. I just wonder if getting rid of Pato Alvarez was a bit hasty. Maybe ask to deal instead with one of the other coaches like Jimenez or Aguilera but Mark Petchey? Time will tell I guess but I know he is still going to spend a lot of time in Barcelona so he obviously still has connections to the coaches there.

Action Jackson
08-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Well I wonder if Murray can actually speak Spanish? At the same time there are plenty of good coaches there and who's been doing the fitness advising, usually the Spaniards are strong and fit, something Murray isn't.

federer express
08-26-2005, 01:13 AM
one of the most disappointing matches i rememebr, and i only vaguely remember it was the mecir-lendl final of the '89 australian open. but the words artist, talent and genius all apply to miloslav and the idiots on here that would compare murray to him, well they just highlight the problem with freedom of speech....

Action Jackson
08-26-2005, 11:51 AM
one of the most disappointing matches i rememebr, and i only vaguely remember it was the mecir-lendl final of the '89 australian open. but the words artist, talent and genius all apply to miloslav and the idiots on here that would compare murray to him, well they just highlight the problem with freedom of speech....

You don't need any more proof about your last sentence and the way the mollecluar biologists and nuclear physicists have taken over the board at moment, just highlights this.

Andy know plays against Gio Lapentti and the Scots as much I love the people have a chance of someone matching their success of the curling team.

Puschkin
08-26-2005, 11:56 AM
but the words artist, talent and genius all apply to miloslav and the idiots on here that would compare murray to him, well they just highlight the problem with freedom of speech....

Miloslav was my first favourite tennis player, now GWH, you can come in and say I am on a decline since then ;) . This also made me realise I am not a teenager anymore, while some of those comparing Murray with Miloslav probably never saw the latter playing.

Raquel
08-26-2005, 02:13 PM
while some of those comparing Murray with Miloslav probably never saw the latter playing.
Yes I think so too but for the record I don't think that it's the general consensus of Andy's fans that he is like Mecir. I am not sure who actually made that comparison but it was wishful thinking.