I went to Toronto Masters today ! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I went to Toronto Masters today !

Static
07-27-2002, 10:30 PM
I'll write a full report later today! :D

P.S. Ogorodov was so funny even if he did lose :(

Goonergal
07-27-2002, 11:55 PM
:wavey: Flamey! Ive missed you :fiery:ing @ me! Glad u seem 2 have had a gd time!:p

Static
07-28-2002, 12:15 AM
Anyways here I am,
So today my friend and I went to the masters series, yup the qualies! It was tones of fun!
Anyways the first match we went to see was Marco Chiudinelli and Srichaphan! It was very good I felt kind of sorry for Marco because his game was a good match to Paradorn’s but he was losing to him mentally. LoL, this couple was standing next to me and one of them said that Srichaphan beat Sampras and Safin at Wimby :o

Anyways after a while we went to see some practicing on court 1. I thought it was Harel Levy and Mark Knowles (not sure about him because he was standing sort of far). Blah a bit of a gap after because we went to eat :o

Anyways after that we went to see Oleg Ogorodov vs Harel Levy! This man stood right beside me and kept saying that Harel Levy looked like Sergio Garcia and than he asked me if Ogorodov was my boyfriend??? (it’s funny my friend and I were the only one cheering for Oleg, maybe that’s why the man skipped the fact that Oleg was twice my age… ) Back to the match Oleg was very focused at the beginning and playing well! His backhand was amazing! But he got very frustrated at the end and kept saying things to himself… we were standing really close so we pretty much could hear all the time he was swearing in Russian. He also kept yelling at the lines men in Russian I think the guy got really scared. Anyways I went up to the stand and I could see 3 matches at the same time (I cought on to a bit of Spadea / De Armas match). This other man kept asking me about Ogorodov (yeah we were the only ones clapping now…for him let alone cheering)…anyways suddenly in the stands guess who enters non other than Marco Chiudinelli and later on Hadad. I wanted to ask Hadad for a picture but he didn’t seem to be in the mood (his match was actually next after this one). But after standing there for about an hour I asked Marco for his picture. He was very nice even though he lost his match, he asked me if I wanted to take a picture with him or just him alone and like an idiot that I am I just asked for a picture of him (yeah without me :o). But he smiled for me and yup hopefully I’ll scan this picture and post it like many others that I took. Marco probably thought I was stalking him because of all the time that I was waiting to get his picture (yeah I’m a real wimp). And I was the only one to recognize him because no one else seemed to know who he was, Oleg lost but he was still in good spirits, I didn’t get his autograph but he was really funny. I actually screamed once “Davay Oleg”… practically the whole crowd gave me this stare, they didn’t even clap for the man.

Anyways next we went to see what was going on court 1 they had this little contest with serves…and well I tried and I totally embarrassed myself…my serve was about 45 mph :o Yeah pretty bad.

Next up was Taylor Dent’s vs Hadad’s match, I watched most of it and took a lot of pics of Taylor he looked so huge in real life, he really scared me. I wasn’t too impressed with his game though it was pretty much just bombing the serve and Hadad kind of gave it away he just lost it mentally.

Then I went to see a bit of Andrew Nisker and Alex Kim’s match witch was very good I was impressed with Andrew he was showing some real talent. Some lady next to me asked me if it was Lleyton Hewitt :o

Than I went back and caught a bit of Bastl’s match. I took too many pics of him…way too many…very dodgy pics too ;) , I’ll scan them all a bit later for your enjoyment.

Anyways after that I watched a bit of Wayne Black’s and Michael Russel’s match which was high quality but I kind of went off because I wanted to see the ATP vs Hockey pro game. On the atp team there was Roger Federer, Michel Kratochvil , Marco Chiudinelli, Thomas Johansson, Thomas Enqvist, Andrew Nisker, Roger Federer’s coach and more. I got the pic of Federer and Enqvist actually standing together! I think Marco saw me and he kept looking over and thinking I was a stalker. He was very friendly with Rogy and Michel though. Even though the Atp lost they played pretty good, I was surprised with Kratochvil and Marco. Anyways I took tones of pics and I got Roger Federer’s autograph and Marco’s too :). There ends my day of high quality tennis. I missed Hyung- Taik Lee but hopefully I’ll get to see him play tomorrow!

P.S. And yes I missed so many exhibition matches but damn it my friend had to go home, actually so did I, so hopefully tomorrow I'll get to see a lot more...

Static
07-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Hi Cilla :D :fiery: !

Chloe le Bopper
07-28-2002, 01:55 AM
I wish I had gone today :sad:

I have to wait till Wendesday :sad:

Static
07-28-2002, 02:00 AM
Don't worry Becca atleast Marco doesn't think your a stalker :o

Chloe le Bopper
07-28-2002, 02:03 AM
No, but Juan Carlos will :o

Dissident
07-28-2002, 02:58 AM
LOL :o Im feeling for Juan Carlos already.... :p

Thanks for the read, Ana. (Its Ana, right?)
I hope you all have fun and write tons of reports. :D

S**t, Ill have to be happy to get it on tv. :sad:

Scotso
07-28-2002, 06:19 AM
Glad you had fun, Ana :D

Vince :hearts:

TheBoiledEgg
07-28-2002, 08:43 AM
Nastya thanx for your report, very fun to read :)

Nastya, hehe ;) i often get a few looks as well when i'm the only one cheering too, but i don't give a **** :)

poor Oleg :(

warfreakbix
07-28-2002, 09:56 AM
I'm green with envy and I hope you'll have more good times to come. Hey, maybe I'll catch on tv. Do I have to watch out for a girl who is said to be stalking Lleyton? LOL!

Tryphon
07-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Fun report.

Glad you had a great time.

Attending a tourney is always so much fun, especially the qualies and early rounds where you can see a lot of not so famous but interesting players.

Mazza
07-28-2002, 11:02 AM
Great Report Ana! :) Glad that you had a brill time!

proteus
07-28-2002, 12:42 PM
Thanks Froggy/Static/Ana/Nastya! :)

Static
07-28-2002, 01:27 PM
Becca - I'm sure Juan Carlos won't mind ;)

Hitman - Thanks! Yeah it is Ana. Awww, I hope you get it telivised.

Scotso - Yup I'm hoping to catch more of Spadea today!!!

Eggs- Nastya :eek: Eggy you know everything don't you? Yeah, I was sad Oleg lost. He played so well; I think he lost it when he started to smash his racquet :(

warfreakbix - LoL, yeah I'm hoping to get away with stalking Lleyton as I did with Marco :p

TryfonTournesol - Thanks, yes it was tones of fun! So many players who were so relaxed, just out there without security or anything.

Marie - Thanks! Sorry I did not see Greg yesterday, I missed his exhibition/practice.

proteus - Thanks, and thanks for knowing my many names ;)

TheBoiledEgg
07-28-2002, 01:35 PM
sorry Swamp girl ;)
just what i do in Mission Control ;)

its my job to find out ;)

Static
07-28-2002, 01:37 PM
O I see, so is there anything else you know about me? ;)

TheBoiledEgg
07-28-2002, 01:40 PM
I'm working on it ;)
but i won't say on here ;)

go and cheer for Carlos Moya as well :)
i hope he doesn't play at same time as Zheny or Marat or even the potato.

if the Potato or Zhenya played at same time who would you watch ??

Static
07-28-2002, 01:44 PM
Hmmm that is tough, probably Zhenya because he is closer to retirement and he is playing Max :D Besides I don't like center court too much, if they put Zhenya on court one it would be perfect for me :D

Goonergal
07-28-2002, 01:48 PM
Why do russians call Kafel Zhenya??

Static
07-28-2002, 01:50 PM
That's his short name for Yevgeny :)

Chloe le Bopper
07-28-2002, 02:26 PM
I think I'm going Tuesday now :D

Dissident
07-28-2002, 02:50 PM
:bounce: Have fun Becca!

Zhenya is funny! Its kinda paradoxal to the all-serious Kafel. hehe :D

Static
07-29-2002, 03:18 AM
Boo I posted this already at Wta world but here it is again :D

Wow today was just wow! Amazing
My friends and I arrived at York University a bit late today…about 11 30, I caught some of the Srichaphan/Behr match; witch was going down on center court. I wanted to go to the stands at court 2 but than I saw Xavier Mallise practicing! I then saw Wayne Ferriera exit the court and I rushed over for his autograph. He was very nice actually, and he gave me his autograph. I then went on to watch a bit of Xavier’s practice. Realizing it wasn’t too late to check out Spadea play, I went to watch him go at it with Okun. He was very good, getting the ball on the lines, and his backhand was looking so nice (I’ve been so amazed with these people’s backhand they are just so good). I also looked over to watch Stepanek and Saulnier, but I didn’t get much out of it. My friends were kind of disinterested in tennis so they pointed out to me that Xavier was leaving the court and they kind of dragged me to go ask for his autograph, lol so I did. Kratochvill was actually next to play on the court, I didn’t get his autograph but hey he seemed to be in good spirits with Xavier. I then saw none other than Jiri Novak! He is huge in real life, so tall! I felt so small. I didn’t get his autograph because I was just yeah…u know me.

Ok so afterwards my buds and I wanted to watch Hyung – Taik Lee play but than Nicole (my friend) wanted to get some water so we went with her and there was a huge line at the end. Basically, they were giving away free stuff and a few Canadian tennis players were signing some autographs. My friend got Frederic Niemeyer’s autograph, and I got Philip Gubenco’s. Than they said “in 5 minutes Lleyton Hewitt will come and join us…if you want his autograph line up over there.” I almost fell when they said that, seriously. I lined up with my buds and I was so pumped, Lleyton than appeared not a moment too soon Him and Hayden entered, Hayden stayed backstage ..with the security guards (darn it I wanted to talk to him!) and Lleyton went up on stage and answered a few questions. Anyways I got up on the line and asked for his autograph and he signed my poster, and I said thank you. He looked so small though, he was bigger than me but still he just seemed so much smaller than the other players, and so skinny too. Anyways we than stood around and saw Hayden looking all serious, so we took some pics of him… just because…he was looking serious. I wanted to ask Lleyton a question but than decided that it wouldn’t matter too much, they cut the line right after us actually and some people didn’t even get his autograph at all

After seeing Lleyton my buds and I went back to see Hyung – Taik Lee play, he was pretty much pounding Harel Levy. And I was quiet impressed with his game, Harel couldn’t do much against him. So after that my friends and I went to loitering around. We went on again to court 4, where Tim Henman was practicing with Arnaud Clement. LoL Arnaud’s coach was funny! He stood shirtless and he had to stand right in front of me! I was trying to watch Clement play but what was that? I wasn’t complaining too much though, he did have a nice back really…but I wanted to watch Clement…

Anyways we made our way to check out Alex Kim play against Bastl! Kim was playing way too well, and Bastl was just too frustrated. I couldn’t bare watching Bastl getting himself down so much so I went to watch Taylor Dent play against Cecil Mamiit. I liked that match, Dent’s serve was once again just huge, but some of his shots weren’t all that good looking. However, I liked Cecil’s game, too bad he had to lose. Anyways we got kicked out after that match was over and we made our way to go on court 3 where all the action was going on! It was Carlsen vs Etlis, I must admit I only watched till the end of second set. However I met there my tennis coaches (they are a wife and a husband) and they kept telling me that Harel Levy played against Novak in the final of Toronto 2 years a go and indeed Safin lost in the semis???… I decided not to argue with them since they were pretty stubborn. My coach told me that this is how you have to run while pointing in Carlsen’s direction…and I said…well I just stood there Then I left and well today was tones of fun! I got many pics and yeah!

P.S. Lleyton Hewitt moment was the best for me! He said that no one watches Aussie rules footy in Canada…well I did, I wanted to say that I did, but I ‘m just a wimp. Anyway now all I have left is to watch about 50 more players?

Static
07-29-2002, 03:19 AM
Ok here are more pics :D

Static
07-29-2002, 03:21 AM
lol Hayden looking so serious! :o

TheBoiledEgg
07-29-2002, 03:23 AM
omg ........... a smiling potato :eek:

never seen him smile before ever i think

Static
07-29-2002, 03:24 AM
X - man :D

Static
07-29-2002, 03:25 AM
Eggy! lol, Lleyton smiles a lot just the media like to show him angry at the world! I got a pic of Tim Henman too!!! He actually didn't look ugly in real life, he looked sorta of ok but very tall and skinny.

Dissident
07-29-2002, 03:26 AM
Wow! I cant say you are lucky because, well, it was the Potato after all... :p
No, serious, thanks again for the story, and Im glad you had fun! :)
Are you going any other day? Im looking forward for more if thats the case. :)

Thanks again, Ana. :wavey:

Static
07-29-2002, 03:30 AM
Hitman - Yeah I'm going tomorrow hopefully at night and last day will be on tuesday. I don't know the weirdest things happen to me, especially Arnaud's coach!

lol I can't believe he was practicing with Tim!

Static
07-29-2002, 03:32 AM
Tiger Tim! I have way too many pics of this guy :o

Dissident
07-29-2002, 03:32 AM
practicing with Tim!!! He just sealed his destiny for this tournament with that major jinx!! :p ;)

Have fun tomorrow. Btw, Hewitt´s second pic is hillarious. :D

Static
07-29-2002, 03:36 AM
Hitman - Actually I found Tim, playing pretty well :eek: well practicing anyways... Arnaud was playing so well too.
That pic of Lleyton is not as funny as some of the other ones I have :p

Static
07-29-2002, 03:37 AM
This one is kind of weird, my friends and I were standing at the back waiting and all :o

Static
07-29-2002, 03:41 AM
More of X man!

Static
07-29-2002, 03:42 AM
Bad pic but hey I'm sure the Lleyki's won't mind :p

Static
07-29-2002, 03:48 AM
I got so many bad pics I 'll just post the good ones so not that many left.

Static
07-29-2002, 03:52 AM
I got only one of Alex Kim

Static
07-29-2002, 03:54 AM
Hyung – Taik !!! :D

Static
07-29-2002, 03:57 AM
O I got a funny story about Hyung – Taik! after his match he rushed right away to the locker room. But when some Korean fans shouted something to him and started waving the Korean Flag he returned. He signed autographs and took pics with them and he was just really nice. (I was admiring this all from far away in the stands)...yes I felt like I had to share :p

Static
07-29-2002, 03:58 AM
Stretching!

Static
07-29-2002, 03:59 AM
;)

Static
07-29-2002, 04:02 AM
LoL, I should have taken a pic of his back being right in front of me!:eek:

Static
07-29-2002, 04:04 AM
more of the spud :D

Static
07-29-2002, 04:09 AM
Erm more!

Static
07-29-2002, 04:11 AM
:D

Static
07-29-2002, 04:12 AM
.....I'm really getting carried away here...

Static
07-29-2002, 04:15 AM
Erm thats the last one I have + a little clip that my friend took when Lleyton was signing her program. If anyone wants it I can send it to them :)

Static
07-29-2002, 04:17 AM
Anyways I'll continue on for the tim + xavier fans:)

Static
07-29-2002, 04:17 AM
:cool:

TennisHack
07-29-2002, 05:00 AM
Many thanks for the reports & pictures, Static, especially the ones of Michel :o I'm green with envy that you're getting to going during quallies, since everyone's there. Kinda freaky, that guy who kept asking about Oleg :eek:

Have fun and keep us posted! :)

harry_potter
07-29-2002, 05:01 AM
thanks for the tim pic ;)

lin
07-29-2002, 09:14 AM
thanks for pics and reports Ana :D

have fun tomorrow :)

Layla
07-29-2002, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all the pics, especially of Tim and Michel. :D

Keep them coming, this is so much fun! You certainly are one lucky girl! :D

Static
07-29-2002, 12:40 PM
TennisHack - Thnx, yeah it's ok about Oleg the guy went off talking about an other things right after that :o

harry_potter - I actually have a few more if you want I'll post them a bit later, Tim looks very different in real life I must say.

lin - thanks :)

Layla - I'll post more pics, I still have a lot left. And plus the pics I took on saturday which I didn't get developed yet (the one from yesterday was my friend's camera).

harry_potter
07-29-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Static
harry_potter - I actually have a few more if you want I'll post them a bit later, Tim looks very different in real life I must say.

he looks cuter, right? :drool: ;)

Static
07-29-2002, 12:45 PM
harry_potter - Erm as much as i'd hate to admit it, yeah he does look better in real life, tv/pics make him look pretty bad (no offence or anything).

harry_potter
07-29-2002, 12:47 PM
it's all right, no offence taken. :D
i've never seen tim in real life so i don't really know, i'm just guessing, but tim looks great to me anytime! :D :D

Dissident
07-29-2002, 02:15 PM
I didnt see anywhere that you´ve seen Guga there, but the newspapers here announced he were practicing there yesterday. Maybe he was there in the evening?

Thanks again for the reports. :)

Goonergal
07-29-2002, 02:29 PM
Thanx 4 all the Lleyton Pics Flamey!!! :kiss:!!!!!!

Goonergal
07-29-2002, 02:30 PM
and the Hayden one :drool:

Bubble
07-29-2002, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the pics and reports, froggy! :)

btw, Any pics of Marat or Zhenya? :p

Static
07-29-2002, 02:39 PM
harry_potter - If he looks good to you now, I'm sure you'll have the best time seeing him in real life :)

Hitman - Sorry I didn't see Guga, I should have stayed there till the end of Carlsen vs Etlis match :(

Cilla - I should have told Hayden about you damn it I wasted my chance...stupid security:o

Bubble - I was trying to look for them! I couldn't find them anywhere :( Grrr I always have to leave early, later in the day is when most tennis players come out to practice :o

Bubble
07-29-2002, 02:47 PM
ic, most importantly hope that you enjoy yourself thoroughly while you are there. ;)

Marat & Zhenya are playing doubles together and their 1st round match is against Federer/ Ferreira :eek: Hope that you will get the chance to watch them! :)

Goonergal
07-29-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Static
Cilla - I should have told Hayden about you damn it I wasted my chance...stupid security:o

:sad: Never mind Flamey @ least you got a pic of him 4 me to see :)

Doris Loeffel
07-29-2002, 05:04 PM
Static
Thanks sooo much for your great reports and pics.
Looks like you're a bit hoocked up to the swiss guy too eh?? (Chiudinelli, Bastl, - btw where are their pics?? - Kratochvil and Federer)

Please keep it up!!

Scotso
07-29-2002, 06:42 PM
great pics! :D

KaseyL
07-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Great pics! Thank you so much!!! :kiss:

And thanks for your Toronto report!

Chloe le Bopper
07-29-2002, 09:16 PM
I am going tomorrow, any tips?

Dissident
07-29-2002, 10:18 PM
I have a tip for you, Becca.

Go root for GUGA!
;)
lol

proteus
07-29-2002, 11:03 PM
Great report and pics again, thanks Nastya (I like that one almost as much as your full name!) :)

Dissident
07-30-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by hitman
practicing with Tim!!! He just sealed his destiny for this tournament with that major jinx!! :p ;)

Lol, what did I say??? :o He lost to Lee 3-6 3-6...
And Tim won. :D

J/k.

Static
07-30-2002, 01:44 AM
Darn I couldn't go today because it was too hot in the morning, and those of you that live in Toronto area know that it was a bloody melt down if you went outside. Anyways it's funny that all the people's autograph's that I got, lost today. Except for the ones that didn't play (or didn't finish playing *cough*).

Bubble - I'm hoping to catch it but if I don't just seeing Zhenya play singles will be good enough for me!

Cilla - It's ok, even though he was very good looking in real life I'm sure you'll get over it :p no seriously he was really really really good looking in real life ! :drool: :p

Doris Loeffel - yeah I love swiss guys! :D I'll get the pics of Bastl and Marco as soon as I get them developed. The ones I posted are from my friend's camera because I ran out of film ...so we kind of shared... :o

Scotso - Thnx !!! :D

Ingrid - Also thnx :D

Becca- I'm HOPEFULLY going tomorrow, the only advice I can give you is bring lots of water ...it is so bloody expensive there...my friend wasted like 5 dollars just for 2 small bottles of water. And don't forget to wave hi to me, if you see a girl yelling in Russian when Kafelnikov is playing.

Hitman - I know I should have warned Clement, darn it but his coach's NAKED back was in my face so sadly I couldn't do so :( :o

proteus - LoL, thnx for liking my name :)

Chloe le Bopper
07-30-2002, 01:57 AM
"And don't forget to wave hi to me, if you see a girl yelling in Russian when Kafelnikov is playing. "

I'm going to the match with him and mirnyi.

I'll be the huge geek sitting behind Kafel's change over chair with a blue hat that says "HEAD" on it :o You can come kill me now :o

Static
07-30-2002, 02:01 AM
LoL, I have a pic of me if you want to see it...it's in Lleyton's lounge lol in the camel thread if you care to search..it's like on page 22....maybe if you see me...say hi ...lol :p

Chloe le Bopper
07-30-2002, 02:03 AM
If I see you I will come up behind you and push you over :D

Chloe le Bopper
07-30-2002, 02:03 AM
What is your real name, so i wouldn't have to call you Static?

Chloe le Bopper
07-30-2002, 02:07 AM
I can't find it on page 22, cause we aren't set to the same default of posts per page - what day did you post it? :p

Dissident
07-30-2002, 02:48 AM
You didnt answer to my tip this time, Becca!!! MEAN! :sad:

:D ;)

jirobkk
07-30-2002, 06:09 AM
Hello Static,

Thanks for great report and nice pictures.

Could you please take Paradorn Srichaphan's photos and please tell him that " Jiro from Bangkok wish you all the best of luck. "

Thank you in advance. It would be kind of you.

Jirobkk

Mazza
07-30-2002, 08:30 AM
Great pictures Ana! :D :D :D esp. thoes Lleyton, Hayden!!! ;) and Xavier ones! Glad you had a great time! :) oh is Hayden really tall?!

Mrs. B
07-30-2002, 02:50 PM
Good reporting, Static, and your pics are great. Do you have pics of Federer, too? If you do, pls. post them at the Fed's corner. That picture of Michel K. stretching, it's funny cuz beside him is his coach, Voyko. I took lessons from this guy a couple years back, he's good. Keep up the good work.:)

Nina
07-30-2002, 05:43 PM
Great pics thanks a lot Nastya and thank for your report too :D

Tammy
07-30-2002, 06:49 PM
nice pics :):)

Static
07-31-2002, 05:14 AM
Erm hi!
Well today was maybe not as exciting as the the qualifiers, because of Lleyton losing and I somewhat felt upset. Anywho I got on court 1 early to see Schalken practice, he was doing good especially in the heat! I than loitered around and on court 3 I saw Canas and Schuettler practicing for their doubles match. Anyways I went back to court 1 to watch Moya vs Boutter and well Moya was pretty much the consistent one. I think my friend and I were the only 2 people who were cheering for Boutter. (Keep in mind I wanted Moya to win but I felt sorry for Julien) Hee hee I even screamed a few times c’mon Julien… I think he looked up at me thinking I’m some kind of a freak…well he was right about that.

Anyways after watching a set of that match I decided to go check out some other courts and I got to see a bit of Fernando Gonzalez vs Stefan Koubek and Davide Sanguinetti vs Mariano Zabaleta. David was funny, he kept talking to himself and Zabaleta was…well he was very good looking. Too bad neither my friend or I had a camera today, so we couldn’t take any pictures :fiery: Anyways I went back to the Boutter / Moya match just to see whether Boutter would pull it through with 3 sets. But he ended up losing it even though Moya was getting somewhat frustrated. I also got to see the Moya’s camp that looked pretty funny because both Moya’s coach, some other guy who’s face I couldn’t see, and his girlfriend had somewhat bare feet :p Julien only seemed to have one guy in his camp who kept leaving and going or maybe he wasn’t with Julien at all.

After that match my friend and I went to get some stretching done and we caught in this crowed that were trying to get Safin’s autograph when he was entering the court. Erm he didn’t look that big in real life, I mean he looked big but not as huge as I imagined him to be. Anyways I went back to court 1 to watch Zhenya vs Max match. I spend a whole lot of time during that match (I got burned there), lol there was this guy who apparently comes to this tourney every year and waves different flags and he kept waving the Russian flag when Zhenya won a game…and than the Byelorussian flag when Max won a game…Also this guy yelled “Zhenya take care of your balls ” (he said it in Russian) when Kafelnikov tried a through the legs shot and it kind of didn’t work. I pretty much thought that both Zhenya and Max thought that this whole court was a crazy house. So I guess my friend and I sort of got really fried sitting in one spot so we went off to see a bit of El Aynaoui vs Kiefer ( I can’t believe I missed Krajicek vs Nieminen! AAAAH! ). When I was there Kiefer has lost the first set and it was the start of the second. Than I saw a bit of Black / Ullyet vs Adams/ Etlis which was quiet good but I really wanted to go back and watch Zhenya play. Anyways it was the third set and we all got very excited and Zhenya was playing amazing! His forehand was so good! And well yeah! After the match was over Zhenya went to sign our autograph and I said Thank you (in Russian) and he said…your welcome (also in Russian)! And then Max came and he signed an autograph too! He was so nice he signed almost everyone’s program! I swear the guy was so sweet! Erm I kind of told him “we love you max” for some strange reason, I don’t know something came over me, but hey, he kind of grinned at it...

Umm than I think I blanked out somewhat but I went to watch Guga’s match!!! LoL the Brazilian fans were going wild, they made the 5 people with the Romanian flags look pretty pathetic (they were not chanting enough !). Seriously the Brazilian fans were singing songs waving flags and they were so exciting, and some of those people were so very nice. I talked to a few of them after Guga had to retire :sad: and they were very nice! I sort of said something stupid though…meh I’m used to making and idiot out of myself, but yeah I guess that’s what happens when your in the heat for as long as I was ( 9 hours counting in the 35 degrees + !!!!!) Anywho the Guga match was tones of fun to watch but my friend didn’t want to because she got some serious sunburns so she wanted to sit in the shade, while I went to watch Kiefer’s match! LoL Kiefer pulled out the second set and than for some reason both him and Younes left the court (Probably a bathroom break). But Nicolas accidentally pushed my friend while she was waiting in line for water, lol, she was very offended :p I must say Younes has very large feet! No seriously, he is so tall and skinny and he has really huge feet! Than I went to watch a bit of doubles which were Johnson/ Palmer vs Bowen/Thomas. JP team (as I call them) looked really strong, they didn’t give Bowen/Thomas much to work with. Anyways while my friend was standing in line for water (yup it was a long line) I found out that Guga had to retire :sad: ( I know I’m sort of going forward and back in time).

Anyways we went back to Court 1 (I spend too many hours on that court today) and we watched a bit of Costa vs Spadea! Spadea was just dominating Costa, he was on fire! A great match but I couldn’t bare to see Costa getting creamed like that so I left right in the middle of the second set. Erm I went to center court to see who’s going to play next. And they put Nicolas Lappentti vs Gaston Gaudio match over there! Darn that was a good match, not only that it had nice tennis, we also found a shady spot! :D Yay, seriously it felt good! We watched a set of it which also led to a tie break (we saw so many sets with tie breaks today, I think I’m going to die if I see one more). After watching a bit more of the second set, I kind of told my friend it was time to go…but guess who was playing on court 1? Non other than SUSHI :p Yes, Ferrero was there! Darn it he looked small like Lleyton, no seriously Lleyton and him look so much smaller than the average players. Ferrero was playing Enqvist and well Thomas had some very nice angles on his forehand and backhand. It was a very good match to watch. But I seriously couldn’t watch more of it than for 2 sets. LoL, my friend thought that Ferrero was going to close out the second set so she dragged me down with her to get his autograph ,lol, but than he gave us this dirty look and he ended up losing the second set. I pointed and laughed at my friend because I knew that would happen :o Anyways it was about 7 pm and I couldn’t bear anymore so I really wanted to go home (this is about the time when Ferreira was starting to play Sampras…but I saw that match at home). Anyways here was my day full of sunburns and observations. So yeah no more live tennis for me…:(

P.S. yeah I was suppose to go tomorrow but Lleyton lost so there are only 2 players I would want to see then and I’m sorry but I’m a student and I don’t have all that much money. GRRR! I can’t believe I missed Grosjean play today! Argh! My friend didn’t want to see him at all and I totally missed him because at the end of the day I could barely move! I’m so upset but o well! Maybe if I get to go to Montreal next year, hopefully I’ll get to see him, Tommy R, and Lleyton play!

Static
07-31-2002, 05:23 AM
becca - Sorry it didn't work out, and you didn't get to see me but hey maybe it is for the best...than you wouldn't know how much of an idiot I made myself to be today :o

jirobkk - I'm soo sorry! I didn't see Paradorn anywhere today (I didn't go yesterday), I'm sorry I wasn't much help :(

Ms Bogdanovic - He was pretty tall but what was funny about him is that he had a really muscular body, like an athletic type, but what gave him away were his legs. I mean they were strong but not as muscular as a tennis player's or an Aussie rules Footy player :p ;) So you could tell he wasn't exactly an athlete... still good looking though *sigh*.

Mrs. B - I know I have atleast one Federer shot and thats the one of him standing with Enqvist, maybe I have more than that I'll have to check them when I develope them. I will post them at Federer's corner for sure once I get them scanned :D Wow was he really your coach? thats great, you are so lucky :D

Nina - Thnx :D

Tammy - Thnx :D

jirobkk
07-31-2002, 07:22 AM
Hello Static, :bounce:
Thanks again for great tournament report. :hearts:

Doesn't matter because Paradorn didn't play yesterday. He will play Canas today ( Wednesday July 31 ) at Court 3, 11:00 AM. If you go there and meet him, please please tell him that " Jiro from Bangkok wish him all the best of luck. "

Thank in advance. :hearts: :hearts:

Bubble
07-31-2002, 07:51 AM
Thanks for another great report, froggy! :)

Glad that you enjoyed yourself inspite of the painful sunburns. :pm

Layla
07-31-2002, 09:47 AM
Thanks, Static, your reports are so entertaining. So you were the reason I had to stay up half the night, watching the Ferrero/Enqvist match on the computer scoreboard instead of going to bed after the second set? :rolleyes: j/k :D If Ferrero gave me a dirty look, I think I would have fainted, but I'm assuming that's not the kind of dirty you meant. :o

Do you have any pics of sushi? :drool: Thanks for not getting his autograph. ;)

It's too bad you didn't get to see Sebastien. But if you go today, you can watch his match against Nieminen. Surely you would get your money's worth. It's just a suggestion. Of course I have ulterior motives. I wanna keep reading your reports. :D

Static
07-31-2002, 02:03 PM
jirobkk - I'm sorry I'm not going today :( you should ask Becca I think she is :)

Bubble - Yeah it's ok I think I tanned more than I got sunburns but now my legs look really pale and my face looks really dark :o Sorry for getting Zhenya's autograph, hope he can break my curse.

Layla - Ask Becca to write reports :D No more tennis for me (it is very addictive), I'm really going to miss not watching it live though! It's so much fun! erm sorry didn't have a camera to get pics of Sushi, but he looked really really cute :drool:...even if he did give me a dirty look for expecting him to win early haha :p

TheBoiledEgg
07-31-2002, 02:26 PM
poor Nastya a student..... (get a job or you should have asked Zhenya or Max for a free ticket ;) )
you gonna miss some classics today ;)

glad you enjoyed your days at the tennis, the jinx will wear off as you won't be there ( i hope so)

TheBoiledEgg
07-31-2002, 02:27 PM
at least the potato curse worked :D
but to make things in the family balance out, his sister won a match in a 10K :eek: and potato cousin (Lauren Hewitt won bronze in 200m in Manchester)

Bubble
07-31-2002, 05:24 PM
It's ok. Since you have asked Max's autograph, you have neutralised the curse. :D
Time for some leg tanning at the beach for u huh? :p

but to make things in the family balance out, his sister won a match in a 10K and potato cousin (Lauren Hewitt won bronze in 200m in Manchester)

:eek: a family of sporty potatoes!

Static
07-31-2002, 06:56 PM
Eggs - Ummm yeah it's not just the money problem, it's also the fact that I don't have anyone to go with :( and it is very hot, yesterday I baked... and today it is very humid + rain is expected! Yay his sister rox! She tells the reporters off every time they try to compare her to Lleyton!:p Hope she does well there! :D

Bubble - LoL yeah I hope Max's autograph will help Zhenya out (He just won the second set) :) Erm I don't know it's too hot at the beach...I'll think I'll stay inside for a while :p

Mr. Potato head also has a large family :D

Bubble
07-31-2002, 07:44 PM
heehee, the neutralizer works! You can frame Max's autograph for the duration of this week. :p
Zhenya won by a close shave in the 3rd set..... :D :D

Yeah, forgot about the temperature. Indoors better option. ;)

Static
07-31-2002, 08:24 PM
Erm 42 degrees today outside (in the shade :eek: )

The curse is broken :D maybe it is because it only works on non Russians :o ? I'm not going to try to figure out...just no more autographs for me...unless it's Andy :p

TheBoiledEgg
07-31-2002, 08:40 PM
cursing Andy would do just fine :p

go and curse Canas tomorrow as Zhenya has trouble with him

Dissident
08-01-2002, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the report again, Ana. :)
Great stuff. Congrats. :wavey:

jirobkk
08-01-2002, 03:03 AM
Hello Static, :D

Thanks for your recommendation.

Paradorn lost. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Doris Loeffel
09-11-2002, 12:42 PM
hmmm Static
I really enjoyed your reports

... but where are the remaining promised pics??? ;)

Yes I'm waiting for them inpatientely ;)