who has the latest about the jensen brothers? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

who has the latest about the jensen brothers?

megadeth
08-23-2005, 01:37 AM
i just realized that i haven't been hearing about them in years and just wanted to know the latest about them. i can't find any official website or something.

2 questions to throw here:

1. does anyone have the stats of their doubles career? number of titles won, etc.

2. was it luke who can serve using either left or right arm anytime he wants?

mitalidas
08-23-2005, 01:39 AM
Luke gave a lot of commentary at the USO last year and the year before last --picked the wrong person to win each time ;)

PamV
08-23-2005, 01:41 AM
One of them does interviews for the Tennis Channel.

megadeth
08-23-2005, 01:44 AM
so they don't play on tour anymore? i always enjoyed watching them play with their antics...

if the atp wanted to save doubles, i think what the jensens show out there keeps fans interested.

maybe other doubles teams should try being crazy on court then ;)

Tennis Fool
08-23-2005, 01:44 AM
They won the 1994 French Open double crown, I think.

Murphy had a baby with Mike Tyson's ex.

Luke had a bit part in the movie "Wimbledon".

All you need to know :p

smucav
08-23-2005, 02:17 AM
so they don't play on tour anymore? i always enjoyed watching them play with their antics...

if the atp wanted to save doubles, i think what the jensens show out there keeps fans interested.

maybe other doubles teams should try being crazy on court then ;)They mostly have been playing senior and charity events the last few years (including the seniors at the slams). They attempted a mini-comeback to the ATP earlier this year, but Murphy got injured so they called it quits. Luke continues to play senior doubles with other partners.

Luke works part-time for ESPN (Wimbledon and WTT) while Murphy works for The Tennis Channel. (Murphy also had a small role in the "Wimbledon" film that came out last year.)

The Jensens also run a tennis academy solely for kids with Down Syndrome:

http://www.jensen-schmidt.com/JSWEBS~1/HOMEx.html