Mystery "Piano Man" discharged from care [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mystery "Piano Man" discharged from care

Jim Jones
08-22-2005, 12:52 PM
This guy is pretty clever. Now he get money from tabloids about his story and perhaps even a book or movie deal. Could get some good money for that. Lucky him. :)

LONDON (Reuters) - A man who baffled police and care workers after being found wandering in a soaking wet suit near a southern English beach, refusing to speak, has been discharged after four months in care.

The man was dubbed the "Piano Man" by the media after supposedly giving a virtuoso piano performance while being treated in a psychiatric unit, where doctors failed to identify him despite being inundated with hundreds of suggestions.

A spokesman for the West Kent NHS and Social Care Trust said on Monday the man had been released after making a "marked improvement" but would not give any further details.

A report in the Daily Mirror newspaper said the man had finally broken his silence, revealing that he was German and had been trying to commit suicide after losing his job in Paris when he was picked up by police.

The newspaper said he had previously worked with mentally ill patients and had copied some of their characteristics. He has now returned to Germany, it said.

Doctors were quoted four months ago as saying the man had drawn a grand piano after being given a pen and paper and had later played classical music on a chapel piano for hours.

The Mirror cast doubt on that, saying he could "hardly play a note".

JuchuPati
08-22-2005, 04:54 PM
good for him

great performance he did :worship:

Papakori
08-22-2005, 05:37 PM
oh i remember hearing about him!

I wondered what happened to him recently! Thanks

Nikki♥
08-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Smart dude.

NINA_BCN
08-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Incredible!!!! :eek:

Stevens Point
08-24-2005, 04:37 PM
I thought he'd played Tchaikovsky like a professional on piano and drew piano on a piece of paper. That's why he has been called "Piano man". And suddenly the media says he can't play the piano?

What's going on? :shrug: Somebody lied there.

MisterQ
08-24-2005, 05:00 PM
I thought he'd played Tchaikovsky like a professional on piano and drew piano on a piece of paper. That's why he has been called "Piano man". And suddenly the media says he can't play the piano?

What's going on? :shrug: Somebody lied there.

He could play the cannon part from the 1812 overture with his elbows. ;)

nermo
08-24-2005, 05:12 PM
i guess this man's story can be converted into a movie or so..but why did they say he can't play piano..? some ppl. can play without a note ..they just recall the musical part and play it from memory..

NiciSunflower
08-24-2005, 06:18 PM
He will have to pay a lot of money because police, private investigators, doctors, hospital etc. invested a lot in him as they thought he was ill and a poor creature :rolleyes: I think one of the German public prosecution departments is already dealing with the case....

About the piano - they said on German tv that he wasn't a new Mozart or sth, tabloids have exaggerated earlier this year :lol:

GermanBoy
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
A national radio station went to the village where he was born and asked the neighbours why they didn`t say anything when they saw his pictures in the newspaper. One guy said he did his civil service in Saarbrücken and then worked in Paris so he was hardly at home and they didn`t really miss him. Am I the only one who does not understand that? :confused: If was expected to being in Paris and then the newspapers write he was found in England, why didn`t they call the police or any officials? :scratch: Well, Bavaria, the most clever state of Germany... :haha: