Could Roger Federer win every single tournament in 2006? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Could Roger Federer win every single tournament in 2006?

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 06:16 AM
I think he can. He is really good.

Seleshfan
08-22-2005, 06:17 AM
:haha:

megadeth
08-22-2005, 06:18 AM
nope. i don't think he can go XX-0 for 2006. that's too much to ask. we all thought that way after his 2004 season by the way.

he'll still continue to dominate for sure, but he's still only human...

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 06:20 AM
nope. i don't think he can go XX-0 for 2006. that's too much to ask. we all thought that way after his 2004 season by the way.

he'll still continue to dominate for sure, but he's still only human...

He's the best player I've seen since Stan Smith, now that's saying something.

I have faith in you Roger!

Art&Soul
08-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Cool, yes he can coz he's my boy :hearts: :p :hearts:

BigboyDan
08-22-2005, 06:24 AM
No.

Action Jackson
08-22-2005, 06:24 AM
:haha: :haha:

Don't forget he won't lose a set either while he does it.

Mechlan
08-22-2005, 06:25 AM
Yeah, obviously.

megadeth
08-22-2005, 06:27 AM
or better yet, make it a golden set for every set he plays. hahaha!

and then 100% first serves in for 2006. hehe!

disturb3d
08-22-2005, 06:30 AM
I think he can. He is really good.This is the stupidest post I've ever seen. :worship: Which leads me to use my first ever emoticon.

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 06:39 AM
This is the stupidest post I've ever seen. :worship: Which leads me to use my first ever emoticon.

Tell me why he can't? If Rodney can't beat him, then no one can.

megadeth
08-22-2005, 06:42 AM
how about this? aren't his 3 losses this year enough to make you realize that roger is beatable?

what are you? a 6-year old?

disturb3d
08-22-2005, 06:46 AM
Tell me why he can't? If Rodney can't beat him, then no one can.First of all... it's physically impossible to attend each-and-every tournament of the year. But my post was aimed towards your ignorant speech, not the statement.

And seriously.... what makes you think he will go undefeated on clay? Where he's clearly second-best.

"If Rodney can't beat him, then no one can" ???????
Andy is a joke, I can name a dozen players who consitently give Roger more competition.

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 06:51 AM
how about this? aren't his 3 losses this year enough to make you realize that roger is beatable?

what are you? a 6-year old?

But Roger was injured at the Aussie Open, and he choked a matchpoint.

He choked against Gasquet, he should never have lost to him.

and Rafa got lucky.

you'll have to try harder to convince me why he can't all 68 events on the ATP calendar.

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 06:52 AM
First of all... it's physically impossible to attend each-and-every tournament of the year. But my post was aimed towards your ignorant speech, not the statement.

And seriously.... what makes you think he will go undefeated on clay? Where he's clearly second-best.

"If Rodney can't beat him, then no one can" ???????
Andy is a joke, I can name a dozen players who consitently give Roger more competition.

:sad:

switz
08-22-2005, 07:00 AM
well setting aside the inherent stupidity of the question i don't really think it's something he would even want particularly because i think Roger actually enjoys being challenged by other players. I'm sure if he played a specifically designed schedule he could go through a year without losing but i can't really see him winning every clay TMS in one year with the emergance of Nadal.

megadeth
08-22-2005, 07:01 AM

and Rafa got lucky.

you'll have to try harder to convince me why he can't all 68 events on the ATP calendar.

obviously, you're just here to try and pull my leg. the 68 events in the ATP don't happen one at a time. some are parallel with each other.

you mentioned bad luck, so what makes you think he won't receive his fair share of bad luck for next year?

i'm a roger fan, but you sir, are just plain idiotic...

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 07:10 AM
obviously, you're just here to try and pull my leg. the 68 events in the ATP don't happen one at a time. some are parallel with each other.

you mentioned bad luck, so what makes you think he won't receive his fair share of bad luck for next year?

i'm a roger fan, but you sir, are just plain idiotic...

Of course he may receive bad luck, but here's to hoping he doesn't :).

And of the 68 ATP events, I couldn't see a tournament director denying him entry to one of them. And we all know that Roger has a good to fairly good chance of winning each tourney he enters.

VAMOS ROGI

megadeth
08-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Of course he may receive bad luck, but here's to hoping he doesn't :).

And of the 68 ATP events, I couldn't see a tournament director denying him entry to one of them. And we all know that Roger has a good to fairly good chance of winning each tourney he enters.

VAMOS ROGI

playing 3-4 tourneys at the same time per week. yea right... :haha:

disturb3d
08-22-2005, 07:14 AM
And of the 68 ATP events, I couldn't see a tournament director denying him entry to one of them.Get it through your head. It's impossible to enter every event.

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Get it through your head. It's impossible to enter every event.

:sad:

megadeth
08-22-2005, 07:28 AM
God, this 6-yr old has a 100-inch thick skull!

stop wasting thread space dip shit! and stop starting other idiotic ones too

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 07:55 AM
God, this 6-yr old has a 100-inch thick skull!

stop wasting thread space dip shit! and stop starting other idiotic ones too

ok Mr Shawn Drover. :sad:

Fedex
08-22-2005, 09:13 AM
:haha: I wont even both answering this.

bad gambler
08-22-2005, 09:16 AM

because he won't play all 68 ATP events next year :silly:

but he will lose his one mandatory match to rafa on clay :lol:

madmanfool
08-22-2005, 09:17 AM
Where's the delete button on this

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Where's the delete button on this

where's the clown thread for this fool :rolleyes:

Pheobo
08-22-2005, 11:17 AM
There's a slim chance he might be able to win all the tournaments he plays, but I doubt that will even happen since (IMO) Rafael is much better than he is

It's impossible to win every single tournament in the calender. Unless you live in a Harry Potter book ^^"

jenanun
08-22-2005, 12:07 PM
well... he maybe able to win every single match he plays next year... but definately not if he has to play nadal on clay.....

federer express
08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
one of a couple of things is happening...

1. its.like.that is taking the piss
or
2. he/she is very young

either way...not sure he/she deserves such abuse. not when there are much more deserving posters (like evanzo!!) around....

alfonsojose
08-22-2005, 12:38 PM
:yawn:

mandy20
08-22-2005, 12:54 PM
God I hope not it will be so boring if Fed wins everything it was great the last 6 weeks he was not playing when you did not know who would win. Fed is putting me off watching tennis

1sun
08-22-2005, 01:51 PM
God I hope not it will be so boring if Fed wins everything it was great the last 6 weeks he was not playing when you did not know who would win. Fed is putting me off watching tennis
then dont watch it

Jessie_Sophie
08-22-2005, 02:15 PM
I don't think he can win everything. He can't win RG, it's just not 'his' tourney. There are a lot of good players out there youknow..so there must be someone..(or two) that are able to beat Roger a couple of times to give 'the good example'. Not that I don't like Federer, he's a great player, but he makes tennis very boring.

1sun
08-22-2005, 02:25 PM
I don't think he can win everything. He can't win RG, it's just not 'his' tourney. There are a lot of good players out there youknow..so there must be someone..(or two) that are able to beat Roger a couple of times to give 'the good example'. Not that I don't like Federer, he's a great player, but he makes tennis very boring.
he certainly can win RG and will

Yoda
08-22-2005, 02:26 PM

and Rafa got lucky.

:lol:

1sun
08-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Not that I don't like Federer, he's a great player, but he makes tennis very boring.
what does nadal do? hes been winning just as much

Nimomunz
08-22-2005, 02:28 PM

and Rafa got lucky.

if you choke you lose thats what happens!!

1sun
08-22-2005, 02:32 PM
true

Experimentee
08-22-2005, 02:59 PM
:haha:

PamV
08-22-2005, 03:00 PM

Then he would have to sometimes play two tournaments at the same time, as some are scheduled simultaneously. Do you think he could do that ?

Merton
08-22-2005, 03:25 PM
He will be winning every tournament all year but then he will be crushed 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 in the final of a special anniversary tournament held in Marathon, Greece. His conqueror will be the mighty Konstantinos Economidis.

Skyward
08-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Have a look at this thread

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=49372&highlight=rafa+gave

Once again to people responding seriously - http://iris.etv.cx/EMOTICONS/smillies/stophiertease02HL.gif

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 03:35 PM

not always. PHM choked once against Roger in Monte Carlo, then came back and won. ;)

BOOM!

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Then he would have to sometimes play two tournaments at the same time, as some are scheduled simultaneously. Do you think he could do that ?

yes, he is the best, no?

Jessie_Sophie
08-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Nadal makes it more interesting to see, i mean..i don't know why..but when looking at roger he plays every shot sooo perfectely..it pisses me off sometimes..Nadal shows more emotion, i like that. And maybe Federer can win RG, but there are too many claycourters (and Nadal) on that tourney. He'll win US Open..Aussie Open..Wimby..leave something for the other players!@!

joycomesmorning
08-22-2005, 07:17 PM

OM, I certainly hope so...tennis is a bit boring now...and wouldn't that make it ever so more exciting. Oh, wow! A few years ago Martina N. said that when Steffi was winning just most of the tournaments that she entered (guess she wasn't THAT good) that the ladies game was like Steffi and the Seven Dwarfs...we could do that in the men's game...let me see, Lleyton would be Grumpy...and Safin would be Dopey...come on, help me out here... :)

And , THEN do you suppose on Federer's days off he could, like, ah, come up with a cure for cancer and do away with world hunger? :angel:

jcm

1sun
08-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Nadal makes it more interesting to see, i mean..i don't know why..but when looking at roger he plays every shot sooo perfectely..it pisses me off sometimes..Nadal shows more emotion, i like that. And maybe Federer can win RG, but there are too many claycourters (and Nadal) on that tourney. He'll win US Open..Aussie Open..Wimby..leave something for the other players!@!
ok fair enough. but just to let you know roger is one of the 'best claycourts' in the world, in my opinion he is the second best, obviously behind nadal.

cleverdutchclogs
08-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Just think, if Federer did go unbeaten in 2006, the guy who started this thread would never make you lot here the end of it!

KoOlMaNsEaN
08-22-2005, 09:24 PM
No. Even I say he can't

lucashg
08-23-2005, 03:00 AM
:rolleyes: Pathetic. As expected.

uNIVERSE mAN
08-23-2005, 03:39 AM
playing 3-4 tourneys at the same time per week. yea right... :haha:

He could use a military fighter jet to go back and forth between different tournaments.

its.like.that
08-24-2005, 03:32 AM
He could use a military fighter jet to go back and forth between different tournaments.

I thought that went without saying.

:scratch: