Lleyton Hewitt's optionals... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Lleyton Hewitt's optionals...

uNIVERSE mAN
08-22-2005, 12:35 AM
It seems he has a lot of optional tournaments that he can earn ranking points for, but I notice he doesn't have an official site, anyone know his schedule for the rest of the year?

revolution
08-22-2005, 12:36 AM
I imagine he would play Japan Open, well he did last year, and maybe Bangkok as it attracts a lot of big names, as well as Madrid, Paris and the TMC.

jtipson
08-22-2005, 11:37 AM
He's not entered in Bangkok. Does anyone know whether Lleyton will play any European optional tournaments this year?

bad gambler
08-22-2005, 12:12 PM
he wont be playing in many tournaments between USO and TMC, thats pretty obvious with pending fatherhood

bad gambler
08-22-2005, 12:12 PM
assuming he makes TMC :p

madmanfool
08-22-2005, 12:37 PM
He entered Bangkok, don't know after that

edit: oh no sorry, thought we were talking about Federer

Hewitt isn't playing in Bejing or Bangkok btw

Turkeyballs Paco
08-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I don't know. I'm just hoping he makes TMC, but that might not happen. Looks like he's not going out of his way to play much besides the grand slams and maybe a few small tournaments here and there. :shrug:

mitalidas
08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
So is it basically guaranteed now that the seedings for the USO are Federer, nadal, hewitt, roddick in that order?

jtipson....

Mistaflava
08-23-2005, 03:14 PM
what does it matter as long as he wins the Super Bowl of Tennis (TMC)

jtipson
08-23-2005, 03:38 PM
So is it basically guaranteed now that the seedings for the USO are Federer, nadal, hewitt, roddick in that order?

jtipson....

Yes, assuming they follow the ranking list as usual :)
Next are Safin, Davydenko, Agassi, Coria.

mitalidas
08-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Yes, assuming they follow the ranking list as usual :)
Next are Safin, Davydenko, Agassi, Coria.

And, aside from Fed/nadal on opposite sides, there is no subplot for #3, #5, etc on Fed's half and #2, #4 on nadal's half--is that right?

jtipson
08-23-2005, 03:56 PM

And, aside from Fed/nadal on opposite sides, there is no subplot for #3, #5, etc on Fed's half and #2, #4 on nadal's half--is that right?

3 and 4 will of course be on opposite sides too, but apart from that, no.

I'd pretty much lay a bet that Roddick will end up in the bottom half, and Hewitt and Safin in the top though. But that's just me being suspicious.

mitalidas
08-23-2005, 04:06 PM
3 and 4 will of course be on opposite sides too, but apart from that, no.

I'd pretty much lay a bet that Roddick will end up in the bottom half, and Hewitt and Safin in the top though. But that's just me being suspicious.

I am with you. I have always believed that the "random" draw is not.
But I am very curious to see whether they use the few cheating chips they have to favor roddick or agassi.

uNIVERSE mAN
08-23-2005, 04:11 PM
I love how Safin is compared to the other four, heh. He's not in shape by a long shot, he's gone in first three rounds.

Socket
08-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Oh, dear, another US Open, another round of the "draw is rigged" posts. Here's the explanation of how the US Open draw is done.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=731784&postcount=16

You're going to have to believe that the USTA, the ATP, the WTA, the ITF, and the major tennis media are all in a grand conspiracy together if you want to maintain that the draw is rigged.

jtipson
08-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Thank you Socket, that at least restores my faith a little.

Socket
08-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Thank you Socket, that at least restores my faith a little.
:yeah:

mitalidas
08-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Oh, dear, another US Open, another round of the "draw is rigged" posts. Here's the explanation of how the US Open draw is done.

You're going to have to believe that the USTA, the ATP, the WTA, the ITF, and the major tennis media are all in a grand conspiracy together if you want to maintain that the draw is rigged.

Come again --nadal is NOT the #2 seed for the USO? Is that what your correspondence from tennisweek said? I thikn everyone on this thread assumed otherwise

And yes, I would not put a grand right-wing conspiracy out of question. Money talks and money walks

jtipson
08-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Come again --nadal is NOT the #2 seed for the USO? Is that what your correspondence from tennisweek said?

Don't worry! That thread is from last year ;)

mitalidas
08-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Don't worry! That thread is from last year ;)
After Wimbledon, you can never be sure

Socket
08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Come again --nadal is NOT the #2 seed for the USO? Is that what your correspondence from tennisweek said? I thikn everyone on this thread assumed otherwise

And yes, I would not put a grand right-wing conspiracy out of question. Money talks and money walks
Actually, I think it would be a left-wing conspiracy. ;)

PamV
08-23-2005, 06:14 PM
I am with you. I have always believed that the "random" draw is not.
But I am very curious to see whether they use the few cheating chips they have to favor roddick or agassi.

I feel pretty sure Roddick will be in the bottom half too. Regarding Safin if they think he's lame then where will they put him? I will be very curious to see where Berdych and Ginepri end up in the earlier rounds......if you know what I mean.

PamV
08-23-2005, 06:16 PM
I don't think there is outright cheating but they certainly can place the #3 and #4 guys where they want to ....can't they? From that point on I think they can tweak a little here and there without getting caught.

PamV
08-23-2005, 06:19 PM

That explanation is rather hard to follow. Just because a couple of officials are present is supposed make us think it can't be fixed. LOL!

ExpectedWinner
08-23-2005, 06:31 PM

The explanation is a bit lame. It's very easy to put a slightly noticeable mark on the chip and ask "informed" people in the room to take it out. That's exactly what my biology teacher did in high school. :lol: By the way, why they draw the unseeded players the night before? Why not to do the whole draw at the same day, starting from top players. :confused:

PamV
08-23-2005, 06:34 PM
The explanation is a bit lame. It's very easy to put slightly noticeable mark on the chip and ask some official to take it out. That's exactly what my biology teacher did in high school. :lol:

Exactly and what's to say that the two officials present are not biased and will not turn a blind eye to placing Berdych in a special location for example?

Socket
08-23-2005, 06:38 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, you're right, the draw is fixed.

And the earth is flat.

ExpectedWinner
08-23-2005, 06:41 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, you're right, the draw is fixed.

And the earth is flat.

Could be, could be. ;) ;) Not only at the USO.

Havok
08-23-2005, 08:27 PM
There really aren't that many events Hewitt plays after the USO other than the ones that he's forced to play (TMS + TMC if he makes it, which he pretty much has anyways) is there?

jtipson
08-24-2005, 12:04 PM
The Tokyo entry list was released this week, and Lleyton is at the top of it.

lucashg
08-24-2005, 04:03 PM
The Tokyo entry list was released this week, and Lleyton is at the top of it.

At least him. It seems the weakest ISG of all, except for Memphis. What's up?

I think Hewitt can make to the TMC if he plays the USO, Madrid, Paris and Tokyo. Still, he should've entered at least another one, but it's understandable he didn't (or hasn't yet).

Socket
08-24-2005, 07:19 PM
I think it's just location. Tokyo is much more convenient for a player based on Australia than for those based in Europe or America. Post-US Open, most of the top players are looking for reasons not to play, and a very long flight is a good reason (except for the TMC).

Edit: Depending on when his baby is due, I'm wondering if Lleyton will be able to play the TMC at all. I've heard everything from October to December as the due date.

NYCtennisfan
08-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Oh, the draw is rigged alright, like most draws are. In a thread earlier last week, I said that Safin would go into Hewitt's quarter and they would both be on the same side as Fed. This keeps Hewitt and Fed away from Roddick until at least the finals. It also keeps Safin away from him even though Roddick plays well against the big Russian. Then I said Agassi would go into Nadal's quarter. Looks like it came out to be true. NOt too much of a shock here.