roddick outaces Federer for the first time (at the Cincy Final) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

roddick outaces Federer for the first time (at the Cincy Final)

mitalidas
08-21-2005, 11:11 PM
believe it or not, today's Final was the first time he has been able to do that

1sun
08-22-2005, 12:29 AM
still got slapped around

blosson
08-22-2005, 12:37 AM
well at least andy has learned to serve, no?

uNIVERSE mAN
08-22-2005, 12:37 AM
I think he looks like he's gained some weight since Wimbledon, he looks at least a good 10 lb heavier, it showed in the extra juice he got on his serve.

sweetiepiedoll
08-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Who gives a fuck that A-Rod out aced Fed!! He still didn't win the damn tournament!! What Andy needs to do is stop kissing Roger ass (i.e. complimenting him 24/7 & telling jokes) and kick his ass (i.e. beat him). Other than that, I am afraid that Andy is going to be one slam womder & that is not good for American tennis especially when Andre retires.

PamV
08-22-2005, 01:41 AM
I think he looks like he's gained some weight since Wimbledon, he looks at least a good 10 lb heavier, it showed in the extra juice he got on his serve.

I don't see a weight gain.

RodLo
08-22-2005, 01:46 AM
Who gives a fuck that A-Rod out aced Fed!! He still didn't win the damn tournament!! What Andy needs to do is stop kissing Roger ass (i.e. complimenting him 24/7 & telling jokes) and kick his ass (i.e. beat him). Other than that, I am afraid that Andy is going to be one slam womder & that is not good for American tennis especially when Andre retires.

Okay...whoa. Relax. Breathe. Shut up.

Anyway...
Much congrats to Andy...win or lose. :bigclap:

And I haven't seen much of a weight gain either? :confused:

Doctor Dance
08-22-2005, 04:07 AM
congratulations i guess? :confused:

mitalidas
08-22-2005, 01:35 PM
well at least andy has learned to serve, no?
well, it does show that but he was finally able to mix up his serve very well in addition to serving really hard against Roger. but it also means that Roger did not have an exceptional serving day against him

TheMightyFed
08-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Aty least he's telling jokes !! Others get their asses kicked as well and don't even crack jokes. The only that wins sometimes AND cracks jokes is Marat !! :worship:

blosson
08-22-2005, 02:25 PM
And I haven't seen much of a weight gain either? :confused:

Because you are looking at the wrong place :lol: Andy's weight gain is on his brains. At least he got some partial mental power back in Cincy.

RodLo
08-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Because you are looking at the wrong place :lol: Andy's weight gain is on his brains. At least he got some partial mental power back in Cincy.

:lol:

Let's just hope he doesn't lose any weight at the US Open. ;)

RogiFan88
08-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Andy out-aces Rogi and still he can't win... poor little lame Ducky.

Corinna
08-22-2005, 06:26 PM
anyways, congrats to this, it may be a beginning ;)

Havok
08-22-2005, 10:39 PM
I highly doubt a little extra weight gain adds power to your serve. Also I don't see a 10 lbs difference bewteen Wimbledon and now. If there is any difference, it's very minimal (ie. 5 lbs). Anyways big deal that he outaced Roger in the finals, he still lost and that's what he cares about the most. Nothing matters if you don't come out the winner.:p

mitalidas
08-22-2005, 10:46 PM
I highly doubt a little extra weight gain adds power to your serve. Also I don't see a 10 lbs difference bewteen Wimbledon and now. If there is any difference, it's very minimal (ie. 5 lbs). Anyways big deal that he outaced Roger in the finals, he still lost and that's what he cares about the most. Nothing matters if you don't come out the winner.:phe did say in his interview that he is looking for that monster serving day against Roger. so even though he did not win, this was finally a step in the right direction (so many times has he served phenomenally throughout a tournament, only to end up being outaced by Roger)

disturb3d
08-22-2005, 10:50 PM
he did say in his interview that he is looking for that monster serving day against Roger. so even though he did not win, this was finally a step in the right direction (so many times has he served phenomenally throughout a tournament, only to end up being outaced by Roger)Roddick can serve as well as he likes. But the fact of the matter is; trying to ace Roger, is like trying to lob Ivo.

Havok
08-23-2005, 01:22 AM
he did say in his interview that he is looking for that monster serving day against Roger. so even though he did not win, this was finally a step in the right direction (so many times has he served phenomenally throughout a tournament, only to end up being outaced by Roger)
Federer isn't an Agassi/Hewitt like returner. Agassi and Hewitt sometimes guess on their opponent's serves and tend to lean sometimes. They also take cuts when they return so its very easy to ace them and also get service winners off of them. Federer plays it safe as hell, reads it well and hits his lame slice/block return to put it back in play. When somebody returns like that it's fairly difficult to ace them all that much and get a high # of unreturnables. Henman does the same, but he's definitely at least 2 classes below Federer in the returning/reading serves department. Andy doesn't need a monster serving day to beat Roger, he needs a monster returning day to topple Fed. He very rarely breaks Roger and thats what hurts him the most.

Iheartandy&roger
08-23-2005, 01:38 AM
Andy had more confidence that day because he was on a big high from giving Lleyton a beat down and he is getting closer and closer to finding a way to beat Roger because he broke him in the 2nd set and had another chance earlier I am very proud of Andy for accomplishing all he did last week! I am also proud of Rogi as well for winning his 9th title of the year! great job guys can't wait for the Us Open!

mitalidas
08-23-2005, 01:44 AM
Federer plays it safe as hell, reads it well and hits his lame slice/block return to put it back in play. When somebody returns like that it's fairly difficult to ace them all that much and get a high # of unreturnables.
Well Id say its hardly lame if it wins him those points and prevents him from being aced. nevertheless, I get your point

Andy doesn't need a monster serving day to beat Roger, he needs a monster returning day to topple Fed. He very rarely breaks Roger and thats what hurts him the most. That's part of outacing Roger-- which includes both his acing Roger more, and Roger not being able to ace him (meaning roddick is getting more returns into play).