roddick and hewitt form the nadal cheerleading team! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

roddick and hewitt form the nadal cheerleading team!

federer express
08-21-2005, 10:08 PM
they cant beat federer, so they have to hope nadal will!

how would they look in the short skirts, singing 'Give us an N...Give us an A...Give us a D....

amierin
08-21-2005, 10:13 PM
That is just wrong on so many levels...but funny as he**. ;)

1sun
08-21-2005, 10:29 PM
:haha: :rolls:
i could sooo picture it.

star
08-21-2005, 10:35 PM
they cant beat federer, so they have to hope nadal will!

how would they look in the short skirts, singing 'Give us an N...Give us an A...Give us a D....

I'd like to see them in short anythings. I am so sick of their long baggy shorts. :)

Sign me up as part of that cheerleading team too. :angel:

oneandonlyhsn
08-21-2005, 10:46 PM
I'd like to see them in short anythings. I am so sick of their long baggy shorts. :)

Sign me up as part of that cheerleading team too. :angel:

Ditto, all these long baggy shorts are so :p The only one wearing real shorts is Agassi and as much as I like the old man his legs do as much for me as my grandfathers shoes

Sinnet
08-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Heh. Nadal can beat Fed on clay, but on a hardcourt I give the odds by far to Federer, especially on the courts at the US Open. I'm still convinced that Hewitt and Roddick will be able to beat Nadal at the Open should either have to play him. It's through experience and better hardcourt play.

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Hewitt and Roddick can't play tennis anymore so they are going into cheerleading. :D

Lleytonisthebest
09-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Actually roddick and even more Hewitt can beat federer, Lleyton showed it in the US semis....how poor that he didn't serve good ( just 50% of firts balls of course it's not enough to beat someone like federer...) A lil bit stupid your thread....

NYCtennisfan
09-22-2005, 05:32 PM
The whole thing about LH not serving well at the USO against Federer is not taking the entire match into consideration. Hewitt won a lot of free points off of his serve and controlled more points off of his 1st serve than did Federer because Hewitt was going for extra on each serve. He was serving bigger than what most people expect from him. I don't think there is any way that he serves over 50% servin like that. He also put more on his second serves and hit quite a few doubles. It was a good strategy since he was having an extraodrinary returning day and FEd wasn't able to dominate service games and constant pressure could be applied.

jacobhiggins
09-23-2005, 05:39 AM
NYC tennis fan is right, Hewitt can't serve with that much power perfectly! He changed up his gameplan a little bit but still, Federer is just too much for him!

Lleytonisthebest
09-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Yes but however he had just 50% of firts balls something like 7 or 8 doubles and 12 foot faults!!

1sun
09-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Actually roddick and even more Hewitt can beat federer, Lleyton showed it in the US semis....how poor that he didn't serve good ( just 50% of firts balls of course it's not enough to beat someone like federer...) A lil bit stupid your thread....
leyton showed when he plays great he still cant beat a below par fed. hewit cant rely on his own game to beat fed, he can execute the perfect game on his behalve but if roger is executing his then no game for hewit. he has to hope roger is of his game and then hewit has to play his game to perfection, even then hewit isnt gaurented a win.

1sun
09-23-2005, 07:27 PM
but i still believe both hewit and roddick will beat fed one day

betterthanhenman
04-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Heh. Nadal can beat Fed on clay, but on a hardcourt I give the odds by far to Federer, especially on the courts at the US Open. I'm still convinced that Hewitt and Roddick will be able to beat Nadal at the Open should either have to play him. It's through experience and better hardcourt play.

Amusing post.

Everything changes in time.

Racket88
04-23-2006, 08:25 PM

How can Hewitt beat Federer, when he can't beat players like Chela, Murray and Blake :shrug:

Rafa = Fed Killa
04-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Nadal will be the hero for all of the players who are too afraid of Federer to beat him.

jes_021
04-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Ditto, all these long baggy shorts are so :p The only one wearing real shorts is Agassi and as much as I like the old man his legs do as much for me as my grandfathers shoes

Well, clement often wears 'really short' shorts also, but those just freak me out :o :lol:

jes_021
04-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Yes but however he had just 50% of firts balls something like 7 or 8 doubles and 12 foot faults!!

Don't forget that Lleyton always has about 55 to 60% of first serves in with his game, so the difference in that match from other matches isn't that big.

redsox1133
04-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Heh. Nadal can beat Fed on clay, but on a hardcourt I give the odds by far to Federer, especially on the courts at the US Open

just a little reminder that nadal leads federer 2-1 on hard courts, and the one hard court match federer did win nadal was 2 points away from winning!

nobama
04-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Andy's got to hope someone takes out Nadal (and Ljubicic and Nalby go no where too) otherwise his #2 seeding at Wimbledon will be gone and if he gets drawn on the same side as Fed he can kiss another final goodbye.

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-23-2006, 09:48 PM
I am sure, Hewitt and Roddick HATE Nadal... well, atleast resent him.

If some Swiss dude beat me again and again and again and again and again, and I look like a total embarassment in from of the world again and again, when I am supposed to be a top 3 player and Grand Slam champion, and then here comes this little 19-year-old boy and he defeats the Swiss on multiple occasions, i'm gonna be jealous feel only embarassed. When I think about how Roddick and Hewitt feel about Nadal, I don't get the sense that they are happy for him. I get the the sense that they resent him--they're jealous of him b/c they want to do what he's able to do.

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
just a little reminder that nadal leads federer 2-1 on hard courts, and the one hard court match federer did win nadal was 2 points away from winning!

you are just telling nadal haters what they already know, but don't want to admit just so they can sleep better at nite

star
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice post.

jes_021
04-23-2006, 09:53 PM

If some Swiss dude beat me again and again and again and again and again, and I look like a total embarassment in from of the world again and again, when I am supposed to be a top 3 player and Grand Slam champion, and then here comes this little 19-year-old boy and he defeats the Swiss on multiple occasions, i'm gonna be jealous feel only embarassed. When I think about how Roddick and Hewitt feel about Nadal, I don't get the sense that they are happy for him. I get the the sense that they resent him--they're jealous of him b/c they want to do what he's able to do.

I don't think this at all :rolleyes:
Lleyton has said on numerous occasions that Nadal and his fighting spirit is good for the game.

Jimnik
04-23-2006, 09:56 PM
:lol: But since Fed and Nadal can't meet until the final of any tournament, what good will it do them?

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Lleyton has said on numerous occasions that Nadal and his fighting spirit is good for the game.

PR, PR, PR

Jimnik
04-23-2006, 09:59 PM
Andy's got to hope someone takes out Nadal (and Ljubicic and Nalby go no where too) otherwise his #2 seeding at Wimbledon will be gone and if he gets drawn on the same side as Fed he can kiss another final goodbye.
It's too late for Ljubicic and Nalba. Andy will definately be seeded above them, unless they start winning Masters Series events.

Nadal has to be over 1,600pts ahead of Andy to get the number 2 seeding. At the moment, he's on course.

musefanatic
04-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Great idea, love the thread! I can just see them in their skirts with their pom poms! :lol:

YEMI
04-23-2006, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=Gonzo Hates Me!]

:devil: puhlease, he only wishes his own figting sprirt will come back and help him win matches again.

I must admits its weird not hearing COMMON! when Hewitt is on court :help:

amierin
04-23-2006, 11:03 PM

What, he should say what he really thinks he is and be called on it like FedGod was?

Hewie complementing anyone is plain old bullshytt.

Havok
04-23-2006, 11:28 PM
The whole entire ATP Tour, except for Nadal, and maybe Nalbandian/Safin should join this squad then.:)

Deboogle!.
04-23-2006, 11:40 PM

If some Swiss dude beat me again and again and again and again and again, and I look like a total embarassment in from of the world again and again, when I am supposed to be a top 3 player and Grand Slam champion, and then here comes this little 19-year-old boy and he defeats the Swiss on multiple occasions, i'm gonna be jealous feel only embarassed. When I think about how Roddick and Hewitt feel about Nadal, I don't get the sense that they are happy for him. I get the the sense that they resent him--they're jealous of him b/c they want to do what he's able to do.Of course they want to do what he's able to do. But they both have problems right now that are far deeper than not being able to beat Roger. So I think that that's where their focus should be. And if they are busy thinking about Nadal and Federer at all, then they're in big trouble. They both need to be worrying about themselves right now. I really doubt they resent him.

That said, I think there is an argument to be made that the rest of the tour does not resent Nadal but is HAPPY that he beats Federer, because it shows he is beatable and not perfect. Seeing Fed so frustrated on court today has got to give the rest of the guys some shred of hope.

heya
04-24-2006, 04:36 AM
There's no need to hear what Federer and Hewitt say. Their facial expression and body language said a lot. Since when did Roddick care about tennis after the summer of 2003? Only money, exhibitions and Davis Cup are important for him. Hope involves changing your personal life, fitness level and scheduling.

Gonzo Hates Me!
04-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Of course they want to do what he's able to do. But they both have problems right now that are far deeper than not being able to beat Roger. So I think that that's where their focus should be. And if they are busy thinking about Nadal and Federer at all, then they're in big trouble. They both need to be worrying about themselves right now. I really doubt they resent him.

That said, I think there is an argument to be made that the rest of the tour does not resent Nadal but is HAPPY that he beats Federer, because it shows he is beatable and not perfect. Seeing Fed so frustrated on court today has got to give the rest of the guys some shred of hope.

you would think Roddick and Hewitt have way more things to worry about, but their lives do revolves around tennis. I mean, think about how much the average person's job--whether they're in corporate America or working at a McDonalds--just think how much their job drives them crazy or keeps them unsatisfied... and how much something crappy that happened at work will bother them all day. Tennis is no different, it's these guys' worlds. It's their job.

And Roddick and Hewitt are different from the rest of the tour. I am sure the rest of the tour is just laughing to see Federer's socks in a twist. But Roddick and Hewitt, being the former world no. 1s and former "best players in the world" and having fallen from grace, and in terms of their accomplishments, have to feel somewhat, shitty. They're in a different league than some lower ranked players who constantly lose to Federer. With Roddick and Hewitt's level of success, there's a heightened level of embarassment with constantly getting your ass kicked .

Anyway, personally, if I were Hewitt or Roddick, I would personally, be bitter. Everyone wants to be the hero who slays the dragon, and they're not. But that's how I personally work. I am not the type to always be the bigger person :o

Kristen
04-24-2006, 09:30 AM
I don't care for the seriousness of this thread. ;)

:haha: I can definitely imagine Andy in a cute little skirt, with pompoms, jumping around enthusiastically. (Whilst wearing the trucker hat). As for Lleyton. No matter how hard I try, I can't picture it. More like the angry looking coach on the side lines, spurring on his guy (or cheerleader) to do well :yeah:

Gimme an 'N'!

heya
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Heroes rescue people in real life. Unless a player personally affects many lives or saves lives, he shouldn't be treated like a perfect person. Tennis's about strength and motivation. Losing matches doesn't mean the player is a worse human, but the media gets paid to feed egos and make players and those associated with them more sensitive and delusional.
Fans can take tennis too seriously.
Players either love working or they may not work
seriously and only play because they have pushy relatives who tell them what to do.
Once the disgraced player gives up, he obtains this mentality "I can't beat the opponent but I'll join the winner and be the object of his/the media's ridicule."