"I enjoy Playing Andy, Not Just Because I Win!" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

"I enjoy Playing Andy, Not Just Because I Win!"

victory1
08-21-2005, 07:05 PM
says, Federer! :D It was so cute!

Dirk
08-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Andy even laughed at that one and Roger patted him on the shoulder to cush the emotional blow. The two interviews were very good. Andy was funny about the comments on how his dad ages while watching him.

oneandonlyhsn
08-21-2005, 07:06 PM
He said this too:

I hope we can meet in the USO but I hope he is in the opposite draw so we meet in the final.
Yeah we have a lot of respect for each other, but I am a little bit worried about his serve.

Tennis Fool
08-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Funny Victory1, great minds... :p

Jennay
08-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Federer is funny. It's hard not to like him. :p

mitalidas
08-21-2005, 07:10 PM
All questions by Mary Carillo in italics

Andy's speech (whatever I could quickly type):
Well first of all how're you doing?
I only felt te foot around 5-all, so hopefully its oka
I dont know what to tell you right now, hopefuly i'lll be okay come nyc

The match was shaping up to be pretty good till the end?
Yea, it was shaping up to be pretty good.... then Roger started being Roger YAdda yadda yadd. No in all seriousness, Roger's a great champion and carries himslef very well off the court to, so congrats to him,

Anyone you'd like to thank?
Thanks to the crowd. I have a lot of family here-- thanks for driving out. My dad's birthday was this week, and hes about 173 years old and today he aged and is about 186

Roger's speech (whatever I could quickly type)
Yea really dont know this place, been 1st and round all m y life, now i win the tournament, surprise bec i havent played since W. but then i started to play well, semis and finals, looking forward to USO

You went away for 6 weeks-- and then came back and win this. No one would take so much time off
yea, I gotta get away from the tour, media and everybody (laughing) a little bit. next time i'll stay away a littl e longer!

Some question about playing against Andy
I always enjoy playing against andy NOT JUST BECAUSE I WIN (andy shakes his head laughing too)
I hope we can meet in the USO final.
Yeah we have a lot of respect for each other, but I am a little bit worried about his serve.

Anyone you'd like to thank?
Yea, everybody --no, there are so many people doing great work behind the scenes. And the great crowd-- thanks for coming out. Of course the tournament is nothing without the support of the sponsors. My team here is only 2 people MY LOVELY GIRLFRIEND and my physio

nermo
08-21-2005, 07:10 PM
I hope we can meet in the USO but I hope he is in the opposite draw so we meet in the final.
Yeah we have a lot of respect for each other, but I am a little bit worried about his serve.posted by oneandonlyhsn

:D ,that's funny...

victory1
08-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Funny Victory1, great minds... :p

I know, I just saw yours in the other thread! :D Both Andy and Roger where very funny. I don't know why people think Andy is a jerk, every interview I see from him, he's always giving the other player props, he even does it with Hewitt and we know they don't like each other!

lorry86
08-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Andy always respects his opponents. Lleyton has had problems with coria, Chela and Blake among others. lol therefore we shouldn't judge Andy when it comes to anything related to lleyton

Rex
08-21-2005, 09:16 PM
federer is character on the court, andy has a lot of respect for roger-- that should be noted....

darnyelb
08-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Good to hear Andy didn't end up punching Federer before the match :)

oneandonlyhsn
08-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Good to hear Andy didn't end up punching Federer before the match :)

:lol: Too funny, Andy is all emotion during his matches but he never disrespects his opponents. His temper rose a little agaisnt Braccialli but that happens.

Roger is very funny especially when he is interviewed in French :hearts:

marifline
08-21-2005, 10:48 PM
:lol: Too funny, Andy is all emotion during his matches but he never disrespects his opponents. His temper rose a little agaisnt Braccialli but that happens.

Roger is very funny especially when he is interviewed in French :hearts:
you mean he's more funny when he speaks french ? I wonder why :confused: Maybe french is a more funny language :lol:

oneandonlyhsn
08-21-2005, 10:57 PM
you mean he's more funny when he speaks french ? I wonder why :confused: Maybe french is a more funny language :lol:

:lol: No I find he gives such witty answers and he is more comical, but in english his interviews seem more to the point and very honest. He jokes a lot in French, maybe he is more comfortable with the language :confused:

1sun
08-21-2005, 10:58 PM
:lol: No I find he gives such witty answers and he is more comical, but in english his interviews seem more to the point and very honest. He jokes a lot in French, maybe he is more comfortable with the language :confused:
yeah i think french is more natural for him

Sinnet
08-21-2005, 10:58 PM
It's harder to pick up on his sarcasm in English due to his accent, but he is a funny guy and I think Andy got a kick out of it despite it being a low blow that was disguised by humor. However, I believe that Roger has earned the right to call Andy his bitch.

1sun
08-21-2005, 10:59 PM
by the way, oneandonly, do you speak french,

oneandonlyhsn
08-21-2005, 11:00 PM
by the way, oneandonly, do you speak french,

I dont speak it as fluently as I want to, nobody to talk to :sad: but I understand it fully

Winston's Human
08-22-2005, 04:50 AM
It's harder to pick up on his sarcasm in English due to his accent, but he is a funny guy and I think Andy got a kick out of it despite it being a low blow that was disguised by humor. However, I believe that Roger has earned the right to call Andy his bitch.

To me, Roger's comment shows that he and Andy are quite friendly. It is the type of humorous blow that you deliver friends rather than casual acquaintances.

NYCtennisfan
08-22-2005, 06:08 AM
That was funny along with Andy's quip about tag teaming like the power rangers.

its.like.that
08-22-2005, 06:33 AM
:lol: nice one rog.