Week 33: Top 25 money winners list [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Week 33: Top 25 money winners list

wtn_amanda
08-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Week 33: Top 25 money winners list

VIRTUAL BETTING IS SPONSORED BY:

http://ads.tennisuniverse.com/ads/264x60_tennisntwkatp.gif
(www.partypoker.com/om/tennisntwk.htm?wm=2587396)

01. (02) PatatRiek has a total of $285000
02. (03) Satanic Pasteur has a total of $44507
03. (04) Aguante_el_Gato has a total of $36295
04. (05) Goget has a total of $21005**
05. (06) Cervantes has a total of $15000
06. (07) Grombel has a total of $14725***
07. (10) Guille_ElMago has a total of $13540
08. (08) Chloe has a total of $13000
09. (11) swirlingblacklilly has a total of $11913
10. (12) Lauryn has a total of $10000
11. (15) erdhemes has a total of $5152***
12. (16) Ginger has a total of $5151
13. (14) Yonge has a total of $5109
14. (18) garylanders has a total of $4604
15. (19) KoOlMaNsTeVeN has a total of $4396
16. (21) RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR has a total of $4133
17. (13) Len!e has a total of $4000
18. (23) Masto22 has a total of $3905
19. (22) Auscon has a total of $3891**
20. (24) ZX10R has a total of $3669**
21. (25) Dice has a total of $3667***
22. (--) Edve has a total of $3666
23. (--) buddyholly has a total of $3417
24. (--) Dragon99 has a total of $3400
25. (--) maratski has a total of $3386

**** Four successive weeks without placing a vBet results in a 10% total bank penalty charge.

PatatRiek
08-21-2005, 06:03 PM
01. (02) PatatRiek has a total of $285000

:rocker2:

Filipo
08-21-2005, 06:59 PM
unfortunately Escude continue to bet, and he lost his money without any real pressure from the second.

be aware, i will came back in Top 25 after US Open !!!

Lauryn
08-21-2005, 08:37 PM
What happened to Escude? :eek: Who did he lose his money on?

Congrats PatatRiek!

I hope to stay in the top 10 :)

Deboogle!.
08-22-2005, 04:02 AM
now that you get some vcash for posts, I'll be in the top 25 in no time :haha: :haha:

gravity
08-22-2005, 05:03 AM
Loan me some money when it happens please. I still haven't got off the vbetting scrapheap since the argies wiped me out during the clay season.

PatatRiek congrats mate :yeah: If you want a tip, put everyone on Scoville Jenkins winning New Haven this week.

Éowyn
08-22-2005, 05:18 AM

lost it all on rafa i believe

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 09:12 AM
now that you get some vcash for posts, I'll be in the top 25 in no time :haha: :haha:
Now that is what I did think as well :lol: knowing my average of posts a day lately :p

PatatRiek
08-22-2005, 09:20 AM
now that you get some vcash for posts

really :confused: i have not seen it mentioned anywhere :confused:

PatatRiek
08-22-2005, 09:22 AM
thanks Lauryn & gravity :D

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 09:30 AM
really :confused: i have not seen it mentioned anywhere :confused:
yep, they did start it on wtaworld a few days ago already and when I came online and saw the decimals after the vCash I saw you get it here as well. It is instead of the free 25 when you are on 0. There is a thread about it on wtaworld, I think there will come an explanation here as well.
You get money for posts in I think all forums, except for non-tennis and the chat-threads. So it is 0.25 per post, I think 0.08 for every rep and I think 0.02 for just logging in (when the board remembers your nick, so you don't "log in" all the time, you don't get it). I did check, by sending a pm, if you did get money for that, but seems I didn't :p

bad gambler
08-22-2005, 09:32 AM

don't you mean top 3? ;)

me want v-cash, gimme, gimme gimme :lick:

PatatRiek
08-22-2005, 11:33 AM
yep, they did start it on wtaworld a few days ago already and when I came online and saw the decimals after the vCash I saw you get it here as well. It is instead of the free 25 when you are on 0. There is a thread about it on wtaworld, I think there will come an explanation here as well.
You get money for posts in I think all forums, except for non-tennis and the chat-threads. So it is 0.25 per post, I think 0.08 for every rep and I think 0.02 for just logging in (when the board remembers your nick, so you don't "log in" all the time, you don't get it). I did check, by sending a pm, if you did get money for that, but seems I didn't :p

thanks for the info mate :worship: coming back from 0 will be very hard in the future :eek:

and does this mean that the 2 minute delay can be removed??? i hope so!

PatatRiek
08-22-2005, 11:35 AM
it is true cos i just earned a dollar with that post :eek: :eek: i better start spamming in the future ;)

Douggie Style
08-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Bye bye $25's :sad:

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 01:19 PM
thanks for the info mate :worship: coming back from 0 will be very hard in the future :eek:

and does this mean that the 2 minute delay can be removed??? i hope so!
you're welcome, thought I should tell what I read before on wtaworld and what I discovered while posting. For me it doesn't matter, I'll be able to post for over $25 a day :p

I guess that could be the result, we will have to wait for that till Amanda posts more about it.

wtn_amanda
08-22-2005, 01:40 PM

You get:
$0.25 for every post
$3.00 for every thread created
$0.02 everytime somebody views one of your threads
$25 for updating your journal (one per day maximum)
$2.50 for commenting on somebody's journal entry (one per hour maximum)

Our premium members earn double the rewards for posting messages, threads, commenting and updating their journals.

There are also penalties for bad behavior:
$6.00 is taken from your account for a deleted post
$30.00 is taken from your account for a deleted thread
30% is taken from your account for a temporary ban
50% is taken from your account for an extended ban

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the information Amanda :) But what about the reps? Coz I did get something for giving a rep! Wow seems I have to start updating my journal once a day :lol: and I am not going to delete posts anymore, luckily I don't have too many threads started.

Oh and comes some have more decimals than others? I really don't understand anything of that! And is there a maximum of vCash we can get a day?

PatatRiek
08-22-2005, 02:10 PM
thanks for the info ... not sure i like it that much ...

oh well, i'm rich at the moment so i don't mind much, now let me start a journal :p

ps : the 2 min delay between 2 bets is useless now i think? can your remove it ? tia!

wtn_amanda
08-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the information Amanda :) But what about the reps? Coz I did get something for giving a rep! Wow seems I have to start updating my journal once a day :lol: and I am not going to delete posts anymore, luckily I don't have too many threads started.

Oh and comes some have more decimals than others? I really don't understand anything of that! And is there a maximum of vCash we can get a day?

There are no rewards for sending reps. It's actually been discussed you could get charged vCash for sending reps in the future though. :p

There is no maximum amount you can earn in a single day. The more you contribute to MTF, the more you earn. The numbers after the decimals is a quirk of the system I cannot explain. ;)

wtn_amanda
08-22-2005, 02:16 PM
thanks for the info ... not sure i like it that much ...

oh well, i'm rich at the moment so i don't mind much, now let me start a journal :p

ps : the 2 min delay between 2 bets is useless now i think? can your remove it ? tia!

The 2 min delay had nothing to do with the free $25 bets you could claim. It's more to do with how the system struggles to handle multiple bets in quick succession. We forgot to put reducing this limit on our todo list for this release. But I'll see if we can performa a patch installation to reduce it to something like 10-20 seconds as quickly as possible.

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 02:16 PM
There are no rewards for sending reps. It's actually been discussed you could get charged vCash for sending reps in the future though. :p

There is no maximum amount you can earn in a single day. The more you contribute to MTF, the more you earn. The numbers after the decimals is a quirk of the system I cannot explain. ;)

then there is something I don't understand, coz I did give a rep and I did get vCash added. Coz how else could I get to this strange number, the only other thing I have done is posting, nothing else from that list :shrug:

:bounce: that is good news, so I'll get a lot of money knowing that I post a lot :p sadly this rule didn't start before, I had some good posting-days in my holiday, but now work did start again :p

wtn_amanda
08-22-2005, 02:22 PM
You do earn $0.02 everytime somebody views one of your threads so it's possible it came from that? There's definitely nothing in reputations at present that would earn or cost you money.

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 02:24 PM
You do earn $0.02 everytime somebody views one of your threads so it's possible it came from that? There's definitely nothing in reputations at present that would earn or cost you money.
ok thanks for the information, then that is prolly it, coz someone did visit a thread I started. Think I know enough now, thanks! :)

PatatRiek
08-22-2005, 02:41 PM
The 2 min delay had nothing to do with the free $25 bets you could claim. It's more to do with how the system struggles to handle multiple bets in quick succession. We forgot to put reducing this limit on our todo list for this release. But I'll see if we can performa a patch installation to reduce it to something like 10-20 seconds as quickly as possible.
tia! 10/20secs would be good :)

Deboogle!.
08-22-2005, 02:42 PM
don't you mean top 3? ;):ras:

thanks for explaining all that, Amanda :)

What if you delete your own post, does that still cost you? :lol:

wtn_amanda
08-22-2005, 02:54 PM
If you delete your own post, you only lose the amount you were rewarded ($0.25)

Björki
08-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the infos Amanda :yeah:

Denaon
08-22-2005, 03:42 PM

:lol: And it starts right now that I've been posting very little :fiery: Now I gotta revive the den and the lyrics game threads which were pretty dead lately :lol:

does this new system apply to all forums? I'm prettu much a non tennis forum poster.....:scratch:

I like this very much :bounce:

Skyward
08-22-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't like the changes. :mad: Some people don't have enough time to post and write stupid journals.

Douggie Style
08-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I like this system too, it will teach me to stop betting everything :lol:

Corey Feldman
08-22-2005, 03:55 PM
$25 for updating your journal (one per day maximum)

my journel is gonna have some weird ramblings every day from now on :angel:

Corey Feldman
08-22-2005, 04:08 PM

Lopez and Nadal in montreal and Cinci..
not too many regrets for me, its more fun to bet all the time than just stay No1 (to me anyway) :)

Douggie Style
08-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Maybe I should start posting live scores again :p

PatatRiek
08-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Maybe I should start posting live scores again :p

:yeah:

uNIVERSE mAN
08-22-2005, 04:52 PM
vcash for posts, wtf!

Denaon
08-22-2005, 05:02 PM
can we bet our cents too?????

Björki
08-22-2005, 05:05 PM
I like the other system more.

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 05:38 PM
does this new system apply to all forums? I'm prettu much a non tennis forum poster.....:scratch:
:
I don't think I did get money when I was posting in one of the chatthreads...

Denaon
08-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Oh no :sad: I'm doomed :lol:

gravity
08-22-2005, 06:20 PM
But if you spend a couple of minutes posting the same junk usually reserved for non-tennis in your blog you instantly get paid $25 vCash. Doesn't seem like such a bad deal to me. :p

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 06:25 PM
But if you spend a couple of minutes posting the same junk usually reserved for non-tennis in your blog you instantly get paid $25 vCash. Doesn't seem like such a bad deal to me. :p
:lol: tho don't get that much coz I am not a site supporter, but it sounds like a lovely idea :p

but I did earn over 25$ only by posting already I think :o this vCash thing only makes me post more

Denaon
08-22-2005, 06:33 PM
It's not but my junk is especially made for non-tennis threads :haha:

I will have to rely on other posters reading my threads and starting new ones....if that applies to all forums :scratch: OM.........

I will have to start a new thread: "Nadal's naked picture, take a look" and it will give me millions just by viewers :rolls:

gravity
08-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Mate, if you post a "Deanon's naked picture, take a look" you'll have millions more viewers. :lol: The chicas all love you on here.

gravity
08-22-2005, 06:38 PM
:lol: tho don't get that much coz I am not a site supporter, but it sounds like a lovely idea :p

but I did earn over 25$ only by posting already I think :o this vCash thing only makes me post more

You still get $25 as a registered member; premium members get $50 for updating their journal.

I've never felt like being more helpful since the vCash payments system came into play.

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 06:46 PM
You still get $25 as a registered member; premium members get $50 for updating their journal.

I've never felt like being more helpful since the vCash payments system came into play.
oh ok, I did get a bit confused by the numbers :p did hear so many ammounts already. That means it's really worth to update my blog more regularly. If I only had readers I would do that, but I usually have nothing to say (got a boring life knowing that I spent so many time here :p)

Denaon
08-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Mate, if you post a "Deanon's naked picture, take a look" you'll have millions more viewers. :lol: The chicas all love you on here.
That's so nice :smooch: I'm so goodrepping you now for this :secret: I don't wanna get charged for that later :unsure: :rolls:

Skyward
08-22-2005, 06:54 PM

Not everyone here is a stupid preteen obsessed with the size of Hewitt's or Roddick's manhood. ;) Bring back the old system. :D

Denaon
08-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Not everyone here is a stupid preteen obsessed with the size of Hewitt's or Roddick's manhood. ;) Bring back the old system. :D
It's better this way, when you lose all your vcash and post in your journal:

Mood: Horny
Not everyone here is a stupid preteen obsessed with the size of Hewitt's or Roddick's manhood. Some of us are older people.

and you receive $25 instantly :haha:

Kyla
08-22-2005, 07:04 PM
:haha: Looks like I need a blog now :D

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 07:04 PM
It's better this way, when you lose all your vcash and post in your journal:

Mood: Horny
Not everyone here is a stupid preteen obsessed with the size of Hewitt's or Roddick's manhood. Some of us are older people.

and you receive $25 instantly :haha:
:rolls:

Or when you don't have a journal you just post 100 posts in live scores :shrug:

Kyla
08-22-2005, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Chiudi-fan]:rolls:

Or when you don't have a journal you just post 100 posts in live scores :shrug:[/QUOTE

... or both ;)

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 07:23 PM
... or both ;)

Yep indeed, that's prolly what I would do :lol:

oh maybe I should offer "help in vCash" if you're really broke and are a bit busy I can post a while with the account, instead of with my own :p

Filipo
08-22-2005, 07:28 PM
these changes are very stupid. this is a game for predicting correctly the results, not some standings for posting, blogging and so on. what is the relation with dollars ???

Denaon
08-22-2005, 07:31 PM
;)
And how about in changing reputation to contribution.....I mean, you charge me for repping someone and you give that amount of vcash to the receiver of the "contribution" A message would go like: :lol:You're funny...:haha: Here's 5 bucks for you :lol:

Denaon
08-22-2005, 07:35 PM
these changes are very stupid. this is a game for predicting correctly the results, not some standings for posting, blogging and so on. what is the relation with dollars ???
Did it have ever any relation to dollars?! :eek: Gimme my vcash!!! :lol:
Noone will have a huge amount by posting instead of betting, I think it's funny and encourage us posters to be more active in the forum.
Don't wait for your free $25 vcash anymore, make an entry in your journal and then bet till you drop :shrug:

Nymeria
08-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Did it have ever any relation to dollars?! :eek: Gimme my vcash!!! :lol:
Noone will have a huge amount by posting instead of betting, I think it's funny and encourage us posters to be more active in the forum.
Don't wait for your free $25 vcash anymore, make an entry in your journal and then bet till you drop :shrug:
I don't see a big difference, coz the $25 had lots of mistakes in it as wlel coz you could often get like 6-7 tmes in a row a free 25 and if you were lucky you did win a lot with it! Then I like thismore,that you at least have to do something to get your money.
But of course talking easy for me, coz I get about the same ammount in both, maybe even more with this. But to let it have a big influence on the rankings, indeed that own't happen, coz you need 4 posts for 1$, so to win a lot you need lots of posts.

Denaon
08-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Exactly :yeah:

Aurora
08-23-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm so going on a posting craze again! and I need to start a blog! and create all kind of random threads! aaaaaaaaaaaaaah vCash!

PatatRiek
08-23-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm so going on a posting craze again! and I need to start a blog! and create all kind of random threads! aaaaaaaaaaaaaah vCash!
m2 :angel:

Skyward
08-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Well, I started my blog yesterday, but I didn't get 25$ credit for it. http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif What's the problem? Do I have to post smth of global importance there? :confused: I want my http://bestsmileys.com/money/4.gif NOW!!!

Fergie
08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Well, I started my blog yesterday, but I didn't get 25$ credit for it. http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif What's the problem? Do I have to post smth of global importance there? :confused: I want my http://bestsmileys.com/money/4.gif NOW!!!
I was going to ask the same thing ... Where is my money? :lol:

Turkeyballs Paco
08-23-2005, 04:48 PM
yeah, I didn't get it either, but maybe it's for updating your journal, not for just starting it :shrug:

btw, thanks for all these opportunities to earn vcash, it was going to take absolutely forever for me to get back to a reasonable amount. :)

PatatRiek
08-24-2005, 12:08 PM
excuse my ignorance, but how/where do you start a blog?

Douggie Style
08-24-2005, 12:31 PM
They haven't got the blog link at the top anymore :confused:

Nymeria
08-24-2005, 01:06 PM
excuse my ignorance, but how/where do you start a blog?

I think you have to "quick links" and then "blog this"

PatatRiek
08-24-2005, 01:33 PM
I think you have to "quick links" and then "blog this"thanks mate :wavey:

Cervantes
08-25-2005, 08:19 AM
I don't see a big difference, coz the $25 had lots of mistakes in it as wlel coz you could often get like 6-7 tmes in a row a free 25 and if you were lucky you did win a lot with it! Then I like thismore,that you at least have to do something to get your money.
But of course talking easy for me, coz I get about the same ammount in both, maybe even more with this. But to let it have a big influence on the rankings, indeed that own't happen, coz you need 4 posts for 1$, so to win a lot you need lots of posts.

Let's say you have a premium account and update your journal everyday, that's $350 a week, for free!!!! That will have an effect on the ranking, it might even be possible to top the rankings eventually without ever betting on a match.

I think Filipo said it right, vbetting is about predicting tennis matches, not about posting as much nonsense as you can.

Nymeria
08-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Let's say you have a premium account and update your journal everyday, that's $350 a week, for free!!!! That will have an effect on the ranking, it might even be possible to top the rankings eventually without ever betting on a match.

I think Filipo said it right, vbetting is about predicting tennis matches, not about posting as much nonsense as you can.
You're right about that, I didn't have a look at it that way, coz I don't really look at the rankings. But the posting thing can't have a big influence, so then they should just delete the possibility of getting money when you post a blog entry. Which I would understand, I think a lot of people will now start a blog and post entries just to get more vCash. But I don't think posters will start posting a lot to get more money, just for the simply fact that this is not the meaning in the player forums and in NT you don't get money for posting

But the other system was not fair as well, because if you're lucky you can get a lot of free 25's as well.

Douggie Style
08-25-2005, 09:11 AM

I think Filipo said it right, vbetting is about predicting tennis matches, not about posting as much nonsense as you can.You could easily get $350 a week just with getting free 25's! In GS first rounds I could get over $500 in one day by $25's.

camello
08-25-2005, 09:32 AM
I think the biggest problem is the "$0.02 everytime somebody views one of your threads". The OOP & Live scores or PAW threads always get a lots of visits. For example, Debstah got $250 for yesterday's "OOP & Live scores" thread. The vBetting should be about betting not posting. In a few months we will have some people in the top of the ranking who has not placed a single bet.

bad gambler
08-25-2005, 10:03 AM
:lol:

go deb go :D :D :D :D

PatatRiek
08-25-2005, 11:46 AM
For example, Debstah got $250 for yesterday's "OOP & Live scores" thread. The vBetting should be about betting not posting. In a few months we will have some people in the top of the ranking who has not placed a single bet.

i didn't realise you could earn so much just by 1 simple post :eek: :eek: in that case the new rules will ruin the game

so the rules should be changed again asap

-no free $25
-only money for a post! no money for blog, no money when someone views a thread you created

thanx

Douggie Style
08-25-2005, 12:01 PM
The money for blog is fine, you can only make one per day!

Nymeria
08-25-2005, 12:05 PM
The money for blog is fine, you can only make one per day!
No, if you pay for premium you can get 50 a day so 350a week as Cervantes said. If you don't do anything else than posting a journal everyday you're in the top of the ranking soon. Then it is not about betting anymore.

Douggie Style
08-25-2005, 12:05 PM
How about just stopping points for having a thread viewed in the tournament sections? That's the only place where you get such huge visitors in one thread.

Douggie Style
08-25-2005, 12:06 PM
No, if you pay for premium you can get 50 a day so 350a week as Cervantes said. If you don't do anything else than posting a journal everyday you're in the top of the ranking soon. Then it is not about betting anymore.That is a good point. They could reduce it then.

Douggie Style
08-25-2005, 12:08 PM
How about only one per week?

Nymeria
08-25-2005, 12:09 PM
How about just stopping points for having a thread viewed in the tournament sections? That's the only place where you get such huge visitors in one thread.
That is a good point. They should reduce it to $10 or something
This both sounds good to me. I think that way you have the best betters in the top of the ranking. Coz with posting you can't earn that much.

Nymeria
08-25-2005, 12:12 PM
How about only one per week?
there are several solutions for this problem. You could say a maximum you can earn a week, doesn't matter how you reach it (posting, blogging etc.). You can also reduce the possibilities how to earn money or give less for blogs and livescore-threads. We could ask everybody for what they think about it, and how to get the system better. And send the result of that research to Amanda.

Douggie Style
08-25-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm sure something can be worked out. But, we can't make everyone happy!

Nymeria
08-25-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm sure something can be worked out. But, we can't make everyone happy!
you always keep that, everybody prefers something else. That's why it would be more logical to ask more posters about this, especially those who are seriously interested in vBetting of course.

I am wondering, why is decided to give money for some and not for other actions and forums. Coz some things don't sound logical to me.

Douggie Style
08-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Hopefully most will agree with our ideas :yeah:

Nymeria
08-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Hopefully most will agree with our ideas :yeah:
and more important, hopefully Amanda will agree with our ideas :)

Douggie Style
08-25-2005, 12:40 PM
I hope so, and if she does, it seems all possibilites of becoming quite vRich by not even betting will be reduced :cool:

Nymeria
08-25-2005, 12:42 PM
I hope so, and if she does, it seems all possibilites of becoming quite vRich by not even betting will be reduced :cool:
That sounds like how it should be. :yeah: tho the question is what we've left then, coz there might be some complaining about getting 0.25 by posting and want that changed as well. As you said, we'll never be able to find a solution which makes everybody happy

Turkeyballs Paco
08-25-2005, 02:01 PM
I can't believe all this whining. If you are so mad about the $25 for blogs, just update a blog and you'll keep up with everyone else who is making vcash that way. To suggest they take this away is really annoying, because I primarily decided to PAY for a premium membership because of that. vbetting is no fun for me if I'm always losing everything and you can't do much with $25 free. To take away $25 for regular/$50 for premium membership blog updates after people pay for a premium membership is bait and switch.

PatatRiek
08-25-2005, 03:51 PM

right on mate :worship:

Turkeyballs Paco
08-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but now we have these new ways of making the vcash, I'm not afraid to bet it all. Becoming rich? I don't think so, at least not by the choices I've been making. So if anything, it picks up interest in vbetting and keeps people logging on. It's good for the site.

Nymeria
08-25-2005, 06:00 PM
I expected something like this to come, knew that not everybody would agree with us. :shrug:

Aurora
08-25-2005, 06:21 PM
I do understand the excellent member-binding qualities of those new ways of earning v$, but indeed it goes beyond the betting game. Either it could be separated or we just have come to terms with vCash as an allround virtual game on mtf with which you can also make a bet if you want to.