Murray bashing. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray bashing.

evanzo
08-21-2005, 03:32 PM
What the hell is it with people on this forum just toally rubbishing Andrew Murray? 'federer express' you need to STFU because I would think you would be tired by now of being wrong, it is clear your are on this forum only to glorify Federer.

The braindead assumptions that pass an analysis here are laughable. Murray is 18, yet his critics talk about him as if his game is not going to improve from this point. I can't help but wonder if a lot of this is bitterness stemming from the fact that Murray's performance for this year will put him on par with better thought of players like Gasquet and Monfils a the same age.

Those saying Murray has no power in his game must have missed the near 100mph forehands he was blasting past Stephanek at Wimbledon, or the blistering backhand passing shots. Then there is the serve, which looks like it is going to develop into a huge weapon.

MTF is not exactly a bastion of high quality tennis analysis, and boy does it show. There is a very good reason people like Mcenroe, Wilander and Connors are talking up Murray, there is a good reason that he is getting a lot of coverage in professional tennis publications, it's because people who understand the game can see Murray has the goods to get to the top. You don't see the same enthusiasm for Monfils or even Gasquet. The buzz around Murray is reminicent of the buzz around Federer before he was famous, and when armchair tennis fans the world ovr were saying 'bah...that Federer kid will never get into the top 10'. When will you clueless wonders learn.

'federer express', watch Murray get into the top 10 next year and see how idiotic your criticisms truly were. Maybe you should try ignoring your prejudices and watch one of Murray's better matches. See just how early he moves to make a shot, how he seems to have all the time in the world. Watch the ROS and see just how early he can take the ball, appreciate the Mcenroesque like brilliance that sees him consistently pull of jaw dropping shots.

In a sense I suppose all this criticism Murray gets shows just how well he is doing, he's making his critics look stupid and this leads them to make ever more ridiculous criticisms

Aleksa's Laydee
08-21-2005, 03:34 PM
What the hell is it with people on this forum just toally rubbishing Andrew Murray?

:worship:

pathetic isnt it :rolleyes:

bad gambler
did u register just to make this post? if you did it is a waste of time because player bashing is a fine art in this forum so its time you get used to it whether you like it or not

federer express
What the hell is it with people on this forum just toally rubbishing Andrew Murray? 'federer express' you need to STFU because I would think you would be tired by now of being wrong, it is clear your are on this forum only to glorify Federer.

The braindead assumptions that pass an analysis here are laughable. Murray is 18, yet his critics talk about him as if his game is not going to improve from this point. I can't help but wonder if a lot of this is bitterness stemming from the fact that Murray's performance for this year will put him on par with better thought of players like Gasquet and Monfils a the same age.

Those saying Murray has no power in his game must have missed the near 100mph forehands he was blasting past Stephanek at Wimbledon, or the blistering backhand passing shots. Then there is the serve, which looks like it is going to develop into a huge weapon.

MTF is not exactly a bastion of high quality tennis analysis, and boy does it show. There is a very good reason people like Mcenroe, Wilander and Connors are talking up Murray, there is a good reason that he is getting a lot of coverage in professional tennis publications, it's because people who understand the game can see Murray has the goods to get to the top. You don't see the same enthusiasm for Monfils or even Gasquet. The buzz around Murray is reminicent of the buzz around Federer before he was famous, and when armchair tennis fans the world ovr were saying 'bah...that Federer kid will never get into the top 10'. When will you clueless wonders learn.

'federer express', watch Murray get into the top 10 next year and see how idiotic your criticisms truly were. Maybe you should try ignoring your prejudices and watch one of Murray's better matches. See just how early he moves to make a shot, how he seems to have all the time in the world. Watch the ROS and see just how early he can take the ball, appreciate the Mcenroesque like brilliance that sees him consistently pull of jaw dropping shots.

In a sense I suppose all this criticism Murray gets shows just how well he is doing, he's making his critics look stupid and this leads them to make ever more ridiculous criticisms

yes mark petchey. what a long, boring and full of shit post!!!

federer express
08-21-2005, 03:37 PM
McEnroe-esque like brilliance????? :rolleyes: :smash:

(just what we need...another british person obsessed with ordinary british players!)

federer express
08-21-2005, 03:40 PM
it is clear your are on this forum only to glorify Federer.

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

which is why i said feder has played shit all week and i think roddick will beat him. get your head out of murray's ass and you might find it easier to read!

its.like.that
08-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Murray is the next Federer, stop hating him.

evanzo
08-21-2005, 03:42 PM

(just what we need...another british person obsessed with ordinary british players!)

Pointless arguing with a fool, you predictions are lauaghable, as is your record here. The substance-such as it is-of your argument against Murrat getting to the top is based on fascile assumptions. The fact that *you* cannot see why Murray is going to be big does not preclude it happening.

bad gambler
08-21-2005, 03:43 PM
The buzz around Murray is reminicent of the buzz around Federer before he was famous

:silly:

federer express
Pointless arguing with a fool, you predictions are lauaghable, as is your record here. The substance-such as it is-of your argument against Murrat getting to the top is based on fascile assumptions. The fact that *you* cannot see why Murray is going to be big does not preclude it happening.

what predictions would they be?? you are demented. and i feel confident diagnosing that as it is my job!!!

evanzo
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

which is why i said feder has played shit all week and i think roddick will beat him. get your head out of murray's ass and you might find it easier to read!

Sure, you are backing Roddick for this match, but only because Federer is not playing to a standard you deem acceptable. Once Federer finds his form again it will be business as usually and you will be back to brownosing.

evanzo
08-21-2005, 03:44 PM
what predictions would they be?? you are demented. and i feel confident diagnosing that as it is my job!!!

Really? Judging by the avatar I would have though 'rent boy'.

federer express
08-21-2005, 03:44 PM
comparing murray to mac and federer...

OH DEAR...YOU MUPPET!!!!

federer express
08-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Really? Judging by the avatar I would have though 'rent boy'.

judging by yours i would have thought ugly bastard!

Castafiore
08-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Ooohh...that's a very red row of blocks under your username, evanzo.

I can understand your frustration of the "bashing" but more experienced MTF members will tell you that it's a tradition here. It gets annoying when you see one-sided bashing, that's true. Murray has his share of defenders on this board, though.
Usually, a player needs to have had more results before the bashing begins so you could almost see it as a compliment. ;)

there is a good reason that he is getting a lot of coverage in professional tennis publications, it's because people who understand the game can see Murray has the goods to get to the top. You don't see the same enthusiasm for Monfils or even Gasquet
You don't see the same enthusiasm for Monfils or Gasquet? Maybe not where you live but I have certainly seen enough enthusiams for these guys and certainly for Gasquet.

Tennis Fool
08-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Scary that this *new* poster knows everything about Federer Express. Leads me to conclude:

1) a longtime lurker who's had enough
2) Leena
3) Sjengster (j/k)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Great post to start on MTF!
Top10 is not realistic soon my friend Top50 or 60 should be his goal:rolleyes:

We now have about 5 threads about Murray,:o
I can't help, some people like him some hate him.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Do you mean me? I like Murray:)

federer express
don't see the same enthusiasm for gasquet????

i cannot credit your stupidity! have you ever seen either play? are you blind? had a frontal lobotomy?

only a british person would try to compare murray to mac and federer and say he is more promising than gasquet!!!

you are just too dumb for me to even talk to.

evanzo
Scary that this *new* poster knows everything about Federer Express. Leads me to conclude:

1) a longtime lurker who's had enough
2) Leena
3) Sjengster (j/k)

nah I just read MTF a lot but never really felt like posting but recently the anti-Murray stuff has become too much. He's only just barely started his career and people are ripping him to shreds without and real justification.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 03:54 PM
evanzo:)

Don't get angry, MTF is like that:p We "all" know he won't be a fluke so don't fight:mad:

Kristen
08-21-2005, 03:55 PM
I actually thought this person was referring to federer_express, Murray forum moderator :lol:

Rather confusing. I don't put him down, but I can see how it would be enjoyable. Tim is getting old, people will soon need a replacement, and we can't make fun of the cricket team so much anymore. :tape: :bolt: :wavey:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm not the mod. yet:sad: hopefully they'll read the message:rolleyes::o

L.J.
08-21-2005, 04:00 PM

Anyone ranked in the top 1000 is a good player - not ordinary. I don't see everyone in the world good enough to earn a ranking and playing events and beating people. Just because everyone isn't in the top 5 or 10 doesn't make them ordinary. Murray is a very talented and enjoyable player - I watched him play and was reminded of Martina Hingis in that he wasn't all power but played a lovely thoughtful game with lots of angles and smart hitting (lobs, volleys etc) which is something I would have thought a Federer fan could appreciate as it is something Roger also does beautifully (thought, my only problem with Roger is he is so good that he gets to be a bit boring sometimes!) - and when you say ordinary British players I suppose you are implying Henman and Rusedski also? Well, Henman may be boring as dishwater but he is hardly ordinary in his talented net game, and personally I think Rusedski is a truly brilliant player that has never been appreciated. And I'm not British but recognise and appreciate talent - why do people feel the need to put people down all the time? This is what is wrong with the world. Really, can't you just smile and admit everyone is good? Everyone has talents of varying levels. I can understand posts that congratulate and talk about how good players achievements are but I've never understood people who have never achieved anything noteworthy in tennis putting good tennis players down?! For that matter I've never understood it in life in general.

Tennis rules, they are all great players :worship:

Neely
08-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Evanzo, you will soon learn how things are going here on the forum: Federer is the incredibly good guy and the ultimate Saint who is never doing something wrong and you may never say something against him whereas players like Hewitt, Roddick, Coria are the biggest jerks going around on the Tour ;)

federer express
08-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Evanzo, you will soon learn how things are going here on the forum: Federer is the incredibly good guy and the ultimate Saint who is never doing something wrong and you may never say something against him whereas players like Hewitt, Roddick, Coria are the biggest jerks going around on the Tour ;)

except i like hewitt, roddick and coria

Aleksa's Laydee
I actually thought this person was referring to federer_express, Murray forum moderator :lol:

since when :rolleyes:

Raquel
I'm not the mod. yet:sad: hopefully they'll read the message:rolleyes::o
I really hope you get it ;) or Aleksa's Laydee :)

Murray Bashers? :mad: Why I oughtta! :armed:

Go Andy! Keep roiding your way up the rankings :devil:

bad gambler
08-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Hewitt :rocker:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 04:04 PM
:o

Neely
08-21-2005, 04:05 PM
except i like hewitt, roddick and coria
Ok, you not. But normally one of these three guys win all "MTF hate/disliked polls" easily, that's why I put it this way :p

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 04:06 PM
since when :rolleyes:
:D

Raquel
Hewitt :rocker:

Experimentee
Arent people allowed to have their own opinions now, without someone making a thread complaining about that opinion? :rolleyes:

lau
08-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Arent people allowed to have their own opinions now, without someone making a thread complaining about that opinion? :rolleyes:
:yeah:

Experimentee
08-21-2005, 04:10 PM
The opinion of federer_express that Murray is not that talented is at least more rational than the opinion of evanzo that compares Murray to Federer :tape:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Why do you post in this thread?
You have nothing to do with Murray so let us be!:fiery:

evanzo
08-21-2005, 04:12 PM
The opinion of federer_express that Murray is not that talented is at least more rational than the opinion of evanzo that compares Murray to Federer :tape:

Learn to read. I compared the buzz around Murray to the buzz around Federer before Federer made it big. Murray is being talked up by people who realy know the game, just like Federer was. And Just like Federer was, Murray is being bashed by armchair tennis fans.

Tennis Fool
08-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Federer Express not Federer_Express.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 04:15 PM
A non-talented guy is a 27 years old player who's around 500.
But an 18 years old teenager who's ranked in Top130 is talented. Andy he takes step by step each week he climbs spots, good for a not talented guy!:p:o

lau
08-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Why do you post in this thread?
You have nothing to do with Murray so let us be!:fiery:
:o Sorry, I never knew this was a "only Murray related lovers/hatters" thread :p

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Federer Express not Federer_Express.

not exactly:

federer express;)

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 04:18 PM
:o Sorry, I never knew this was a "only Murray related lovers/hatters" thread :p

:devil: I didn't tell that!
I mean it generaly!

Tennis Fool
08-21-2005, 04:18 PM
A non-talented guy is a 27 years old player who's around 500.

Oh, poor Flip :p

This is relative. If that person was holding down a job and in the 500s, I'd say he was super talented.

its.like.that
08-21-2005, 04:19 PM
and we can't make fun of the cricket team so much anymore. :tape: :bolt: :wavey:

yes we can

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

bad gambler
08-21-2005, 04:20 PM
:lol:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Learn to read. I compared the buzz around Murray to the buzz around Federer before Federer made it big. Murray is being talked up by people who realy know the game, just like Federer was. And Just like Federer was, Murray is being bashed by armchair tennis fans.

I begin to like you:kiss: :wavey: :worship:

Castafiore
08-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Yes, many of these experts see potential in Murray.
But, many of the very same experts see a lot of potential in guys like Gasquet and Monfils (leaving the other one of the same age out of this).

In Murray's case, the "what has he done to deserve this hype" bashing started after Wimbledon. Everything went over-the-top: toppling poor Henman from his hill and creating Murray hill (or whatever they were calling it). Murray himself even said that he went over-the-top with his own behavior.

I read a comment on Murray (but I have a terrible memory for names so I don't know who said it): first come the results and it's only after showing some excellent results that you maybe earn the right to an attitude whereas Murray seems to be doing it the other way round.
It's not really fair to put the blame entirely on Murray, though because it isn't his fault that the nation went a bit "gaga" over him in Wimbly.
And judging by his interviews, he seems to understand that he still has a lot to learn.

Murray is still young and he certainly has potential. Time will tell how far he comes.

Experimentee
08-21-2005, 04:31 PM

If you are comparing the buzz around them, then you must think that the situations are similar, ie. they both receive hype for their talent, rather than one receiving hype for talent and the other receiving hype for the country he plays for. So you are comparing their talent by that comment.

evanzo
08-21-2005, 04:56 PM
If you are comparing the buzz around them, then you must think that the situations are similar, ie. they both receive hype for their talent, rather than one receiving hype for talent and the other receiving hype for the country he plays for. So you are comparing their talent by that comment.

Murray is being hyped for his talent, you are just too biased to see it.

victory1
08-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Murray is being hyped for his talent, you are just too biased to see it.

No, he's being hype because of his nationality, I can tell you he gets no press here not because we don't like him but because he has yet to prove himself. We where actually laughing at you guys during Wimbledon for your desperation! I bet he will probably be better without all this pressure. look how you guys think that Henman will win Wimbledon every year, I have news for you, Henman HAS NEVER WON A GRASSCOURT EVENT IN HIS LIFE, talk about denial!

federer express
08-21-2005, 05:13 PM
No, he's being hype because of his nationality, I can tell you he gets no press here not because we don't like him but because he has yet to prove himself. We where actually laughing at you guys during Wimbledon for your desperation! I bet he will probably be better without all this pressure. look how you guys think that Henman will win Wimbledon every year, I have news for you, Henman HAS NEVER WON A GRASSCOURT EVENT IN HIS LIFE, talk about denial!

pointless talking sense to some of the people here

Nimomunz
08-21-2005, 05:15 PM
MTF is not exactly a bastion of high quality tennis analysis, and boy does it show.
you can diss the haters but dont diss the whole MTF!!! if your senstive sensiblities cant handle it then leave!!

You don't see the same enthusiasm for Monfils or even Gasquet. The buzz around Murray is reminicent of the buzz around Federer before he was famous, and when armchair tennis fans the world ovr were saying 'bah...that Federer kid will never get into the top 10'. When will you clueless wonders learn.
Monfils is a much better player than Andy right now and thats a fact he doesnt need the hype he's already performing!!

:rolleyes:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
08-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Monfils a better player? omfg! this guy who has no balance, do we mean the same?
He's nothing special. But I have to give him credit for using the WC's right and got into Top50 or whatever. I think we all can see who realy has talent and who doesn't!
For me Andy has lots of it and Monfils not that match. I would love to see those matches:

Andy-Monfils
Andy-Berdych
Andy-Gasquet
Andy-Nadal
etc.

If he could beat in DC things could change quickly! I mean he loves to pla infront of a big crowd so the best thing would be to beat Roger! Just a dream:rolleyes:

evanzo
08-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Well you saw how Gasquet performed against Nalbandian at Wimbledon, contrast that with how Andy performed.

federer express
08-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Well you saw how Gasquet performed against Nalbandian at Wimbledon, contrast that with how Andy performed.

jesus this person is stupid!!!!!!!

victory1
08-21-2005, 06:02 PM

I guess everyone who challenge a good player is destine to greatness!! ;)

Sjengster
08-21-2005, 06:04 PM
I sympathise with evanzo, because MTF criticism of players is nearly always out of proportion and irrational, but some of the statements in that post... Murray being hyped up more than Gasquet and Monfils? The buzz around him comparable to that surrounding Federer? "McEnroe-like brilliance"??!! That really is pushing it. Of course he's talented, I can see that for myself, but he's definitely not at the same level of the French teenagers, who are not only Top 50 but have won their first titles on tour this year. Provided he maintains his current rate of improvement he should be Top 50 by this time next year, but he has to get physically stronger and until that improves, he will never be the Top 10/Top 20 prospect that some see him as.

The BBC hardly helped the situation during Wimbledon; the people around Andy must make sure he isn't overhyped, that the media don't start to demand too much of him, which is why we're going to bring his name up in every single interview with former and current players and ask all of them about his career prospects, days after he's exited the tournament. In that sense he has already become the new Henman, although I think his personal outlook and approach to the game differs considerably.

evanzo
08-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Murray is younger than Monfils and Gasquet, at his age they achevied about what Murray has this year.

Sjengster
08-21-2005, 06:10 PM
OK, but I don't see any reason why he should be more hyped than them. He shares their problem of poor physical conditioning, and while I reckon Monfils is a bit of a ball-basher, Gasquet has more overall ability. Murray certainly isn't untalented - Experimentee compared him to Toddles Reid at one point, which is daft since Murray has a far bigger serve and more creativity from the back of the court - but he will need to develop more punch on the backhand, the slice was effective during the grass season and now he seemingly wants to use it on every surface. I mean, after years of watching Henman and Rusedski it is manna from heaven to see a British player who can be consistent and sustain a long rally, but the balance has to be right.

federer express
08-21-2005, 06:11 PM
being stupid evanzo wants to do straight age comparisons, so lets play this child's game.

chang had won a grand slam aged 17 years and then never won another. so by idiot's logic, murray will be less good and achieve less than chang because he is older and done less. actually, that is correct!!

alfonsojose
08-21-2005, 07:27 PM
get laid, evanzo :zzz: :rolleyes:

federer express
08-21-2005, 07:28 PM
get laid, evanzo :zzz: :rolleyes:

lol

disturb3d
08-21-2005, 07:31 PM
What the hell is it with people on this forum just toally rubbishing Andrew Murray?You have eyes, don't you?

Chloe le Bopper
08-21-2005, 10:15 PM
King Andy for life. Let the hatas hate! The King will let his racquet do the talking. And when that fails, he'll open his mouth and tell it like it is.

Pheobo
08-21-2005, 10:22 PM
I don't see what's so brilliant about him. Everything about his game is mediocre.

Pea
08-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Murray having his own subforum already................ :confused: :unsure: :ras:

Sinnet
08-21-2005, 10:57 PM
I'm still curious as to why the English people are claiming Murray as their own when he's Scottish. Are they THAT desparate for someone to replace Hideous Henman?

Andy Murray has accomplished absolutely nothing, so why the hell should we care so much about him? Quite frankly I don't ever see him winning a slam, because he'll always be in the shadows of Nadal and Gasquet; two more promising players (obviously Nadal has already come through, but he's a promise to remain at the top in the future).

Doctor Dance
08-22-2005, 04:04 AM
what has he actually done?

Paul Banks
08-22-2005, 04:27 AM
It's disturbing that Murray already has a bunch of rabid, oversensitive fans when he has accomplished about nothing.

victory1
08-22-2005, 04:34 AM
It's disturbing that Murray already has a bunch of rabid, oversensitive fans when he has accomplished about nothing.

NOTHING! :worship:

Experimentee
08-22-2005, 05:01 AM
OK, but I don't see any reason why he should be more hyped than them. He shares their problem of poor physical conditioning, and while I reckon Monfils is a bit of a ball-basher, Gasquet has more overall ability. Murray certainly isn't untalented - Experimentee compared him to Toddles Reid at one point, which is daft since Murray has a far bigger serve and more creativity from the back of the court - but he will need to develop more punch on the backhand, the slice was effective during the grass season and now he seemingly wants to use it on every surface. I mean, after years of watching Henman and Rusedski it is manna from heaven to see a British player who can be consistent and sustain a long rally, but the balance has to be right.

I compared him to Reid mainly because they both won a junior Slam, and reached the 3R of their home Slam on a WC, and were hyped because of the attention they received from that. Also both have defensive games with not many obvious weapons, and lacked fitness and strength. Its a fair comparison. Murray's serve is better, but its still not good enough to qualify as a big serve.

Éowyn
08-22-2005, 05:10 AM
so let me get this straight! it is okay to slag off a grand slam champion like roddick and nadal and a grand slam finalist like coria and no one complains. but we can't slag off a player who is totally overated too arrogant for his ranking (seriously slagging off your opponent after any win is bad enough but after your first ever tour victory ridiculous)?
yeah makes complete sense to me!
fact of the matter is people don't like him and he's getting far too much credit for his status and that pisses people off!
i've watched him in the juniors and i've watched him since he's been on tour and he impresses me even less now than when he was in the juniors.
I never thought i could dislike a player more than lleyton hewitt but hewitt as least has a right to be arrogant he too is a grand slam champion after all and i mean real grand slam not junior grand slam when the favorite was injured.

Éowyn
08-22-2005, 05:14 AM
I'm still curious as to why the English people are claiming Murray as their own when he's Scottish. Are they THAT desparate for someone to replace Hideous Henman?

Andy Murray has accomplished absolutely nothing, so why the hell should we care so much about him? Quite frankly I don't ever see him winning a slam, because he'll always be in the shadows of Nadal and Gasquet; two more promising players (obviously Nadal has already come through, but he's a promise to remain at the top in the future).

first off not all english people do like him i can't stand him and i'm english, secondly if you look at the way tennis works there is no ENGLAND it is BRITAIN it works like the olympics team and he is british thus the brits support him. (except me) but yeah that answer your question.

thing that annoys me more is the fact that no matter what he does they have to bring up dunblane and i mean don't get me wrong it's very sad that he was involved in it and cool that he overcame it (even if he did become an arrogant little boy) but he survived it didn't he? as i recall there were a hell of alot of people who didn't thsoe are the people who should be mentioned

Éowyn
08-22-2005, 05:18 AM
I compared him to Reid mainly because they both won a junior Slam, and reached the 3R of their home Slam on a WC, and were hyped because of the attention they received from that. Also both have defensive games with not many obvious weapons, and lacked fitness and strength. Its a fair comparison. Murray's serve is better, but its still not good enough to qualify as a big serve.

actually i think reid has more potential murray if he works on his fitness :)

NYCtennisfan
08-22-2005, 06:05 AM
I think next will be a big indicator to see if Murray has what it takes to challenge for titles on the ATP circuit.

Deivid23
08-22-2005, 11:01 AM
actually i think reid has more potential murray if he works on his fitness :)

Reid sucks big time :o

NewTennisFan
08-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Seriously, don't bother arguing with these people. It's not that you're not right in what you're saying. It's simply that they don't care! You're just providing them entertainment.

Come back after Murray accomplishes something worth mentioning. That's the only thing that'll silence unjustifiably self-satisfied xenophobes and other random half-wits.

TheMightyFed
08-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Murray should keep low profile until he does something, that's it... Then the real bashing will start as for Hewitt... C'moooon !!

Experimentee
08-22-2005, 04:28 PM
first off not all english people do like him i can't stand him and i'm english, secondly if you look at the way tennis works there is no ENGLAND it is BRITAIN it works like the olympics team and he is british thus the brits support him. (except me) but yeah that answer your question.

thing that annoys me more is the fact that no matter what he does they have to bring up dunblane and i mean don't get me wrong it's very sad that he was involved in it and cool that he overcame it (even if he did become an arrogant little boy) but he survived it didn't he? as i recall there were a hell of alot of people who didn't thsoe are the people who should be mentioned

The Dunblane thing annoys me too. The thing is, he wasnt even at the scene when it happened, and the media act like he was in the room and a bullet just missed his head, the way they play it up and talk about it so much.

I've never seen him referred to as English, only British or Scottish, which is correct.

Nimomunz
08-22-2005, 04:39 PM
The Dunblane thing annoys me too. The thing is, he wasnt even at the scene when it happened, and the media act like he was in the room and a bullet just missed his head, the way they play it up and talk about it so much.

I've never seen him referred to as English, only British or Scottish, which is correct.
the media may be overhyping it but his friends died and he hid from the shooter! Dont trivialises it

Experimentee
08-22-2005, 05:02 PM
the media may be overhyping it but his friends died and he hid from the shooter! Dont trivialises it

I'm not trivialising it, I've got no doubt its a bad experience to have if it happened at your school, but I was just saying the media overstate it.

tangerine_dream
08-05-2009, 05:10 PM
did u register just to make this post? if you did it is a waste of time because player bashing is a fine art in this forum so its time you get used to it whether you like it or not
Well said, bg. :yeah:

rocketassist
08-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Classic thread, with all of MTF's finest characteristics.

Serenidad
08-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Andy Murray has accomplished absolutely nothing, so why the hell should we care so much about him? Quite frankly because he'll always be in the shadows of Gasquet

Don't do drugs, Andy. :help:

Murray ----> Mugray -----> Drugray? :tape:

jonathancrane
08-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Leave me alone hataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/olympics/murray438.jpg

DrJules
08-05-2009, 08:46 PM
I sympathise with evanzo, because MTF criticism of players is nearly always out of proportion and irrational, but some of the statements in that post... Murray being hyped up more than Gasquet and Monfils? The buzz around him comparable to that surrounding Federer? "McEnroe-like brilliance"??!! That really is pushing it. Of course he's talented, I can see that for myself, but he's definitely not at the same level of the French teenagers, who are not only Top 50 but have won their first titles on tour this year. Provided he maintains his current rate of improvement he should be Top 50 by this time next year, but he has to get physically stronger and until that improves, he will never be the Top 10/Top 20 prospect that some see him as.

The BBC hardly helped the situation during Wimbledon; the people around Andy must make sure he isn't overhyped, that the media don't start to demand too much of him, which is why we're going to bring his name up in every single interview with former and current players and ask all of them about his career prospects, days after he's exited the tournament. In that sense he has already become the new Henman, although I think his personal outlook and approach to the game differs considerably.

Interesting view from 2005.

abraxas21
08-05-2009, 10:23 PM

lol.. that's one of the most illogical things i've read in a while

abraxas21
08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Classic thread, with all of MTF's finest characteristics.

This thread shows the true level of tennis foreknowledge of MTF.